Tale Hearts

2 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Tale Hearts Empty Tale Hearts

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:37 am

Kate was currently in the midst of finding something else to do since she was done with her studies and such. She wasn't sure what the rest of her family were doing at the moment, but her mother and father were usually busy people so she didn't get to spend as much time with them as she would have liked.

So much had changed since she had grown older and things seemed to be rapidly changing at a ever faster pace. No one would have thought Alus and Vegeta would make contact with each other that would be friendly, then again not too many people saw a Alusarian becoming effectively the king of the Sayains either. Joseph had remarked one time half jokingly what it was about Alusarian men and sweet Sayain women; the second example being Allen and Hildie.

Kate, like Joseph took a interest in social and racial dynamics and culture so she found the whole thing fascinating. There was already a cultural shift taking place with Teala here, and as the Sayains spent more extended time in friendly relations with other planets like Alus, it would just be even more so. So while Joseph's comment was said more in jest, there could be something to it. Time would tell as the races interacted more, at the moment there was more trade then anything with maybe the odd person from either planet visiting their opposite.

If there was one small thing that concerned Kate slightly was the system they had set up as far as government. Teala was a good leader for her people, and despite what Joseph may have thought he was a decent steady hand. Any children, or heirs would turn out pretty good with those two as parents, but as time went on it could only take One bad leader to set back all the progress. On the good side, by that time even IF that happened the Sayain culture and such would be drastically shifted even more for the better.

I need to stop worrying so much. I can only do so much myself.

Kate tracked down Joseph's Ki energy, he seemed to be in the garden maybe taking a brief break before he had something else to do. "Hey, I was looking for you. Everything okay?"

Joseph turned around after he was addressed. "Huh? Everything's fine, just more busy then I would like. You have something on your mind kiddo? You always have a certain look to you when thinking hard on something."

"We'll.." Kate fidgited a bit with her hair. "I was wondering about going to explore space."

The older Alusarian crossed his arms. "For what exactly?"

"I just want to see what else is out there but I also don't want to miss out..if you two have children I'll miss crucial time I won't be able to get back." Kate mumbled.

Joseph mulled this over for a long time before answering. "Good into space isn't a game, there's a lot more you have to plan and consider. If the ship breaks down, how do you repair it? Will you be able to ration out supplies if you don't find any settlements for a extended period of time? Do you know survival skills in the event you have ship problems in a hostile planet with not as much food?"

"Um...no." Kate said a bit sheepishly, normally she would but it had been something she only came up with recently.

He sighed a bit. "As I thought. Tell you what, why don't you think this through, I mean really think about it. Get the skills you need to survive if need be and if your mom says its all right..I guess it can be okay. Not by yourself though. Anyway space isn't going anywhere so there isn't a rush, and it shouldn't be. You make one mistake out there with no help and there won't be any safety nets.

"Thank you!" Kate gave them a hug before pulling away. "You''ll have to tell me more adout your own adventures traveling. I mean, you even been to different dimensions before."

Joseph chuckled. "Yeah, but those days are long over. I'm a family man plus a ruler. I'm still wrapping my head around the second part."

Kate knew that was true, it was part of growing up. That's why she was going to enjoy certain things while she could. Then a sudden mischievous glint went into her eyes. "Sooo..how goes the work of bringing me a little sister or brother?"

That made Joseph splutter a bit before he regained his bearings, he knew Kate was just giving him or them a hard time. "Never you mind that Kate."

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Tale Hearts Empty Re: Tale Hearts

Post by Namey Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:43 pm

Teala, Cotto and Lee were all off planet at the moment. Dealing with important matters, as they said when they left. However, Lee's space pod comes touching down soon and the Saiyan 'Elder' comes climbing out of the small ship.

He looked tired as he headed back up to the palace. He needed a shower, a good meal and some rest. He walks in and finds the closest chair and flops down with a tired sigh.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:57 pm

(It's been forever, and I should remember but again been so long but what was the name of the Sayain woman who was close to Kate and took care of her when Joseph and Teala were busy?)

Kate decided to leave Joseph for now as she went about the palace, not destination in mind. At the moment she was thinking of just going for a flight around since even now they were pretty relaxing. That was when she picked up a strong, familar Ki. It was one she'd know from anywhere.

"Hey!" Kate greeted happily on seeing them as she came over. Far as Kate was concerned, he was family too. "Welcome back. How was your trip?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:22 pm

((She was called Key for short))

Lee looks over to Kate "Hey there, little one. My trip was fine, it was the armies that I had to battle that were a hand full." he says with a content sigh "I tell ya, there's really no place like home." he says "So, what's on your mind?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:29 pm

"Armies? You were fighting a army?" Kate wasn't really too surprised but it made her wonder about things. She didn't say anything to the 'little one' comment despite being older it was almost like a nickname; plus Lee was actually still much older despite his looks.

"And, I'm all right. I was taking to dad about exploring space but he was reluctant. They said they wanted to make sure if I did I had the skill needed to be out in the space frontier. They basically said if mom was okay with it and I had someone with me he wouldn't mind."

Kate spread her arms. "This is my home. It's not going anywhere and it'll always be special to me but exploring a bit is something I want to do. I'm not really in a rush though, especially if our little family grows a bit I don't want to miss anything early on."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:41 pm

Lee stands "Make sure you have the skill, huh?" he says as his Ki starts to raise "In that case, I shall test you!" he says as he starts to gather his power "If I'm impressed by what I see, I'll give you my blessing to explore the galaxy!" he states as the area starts to rumble as he powers up!

"Elder Lee. The Queen has asked that you not fight inside the palace." Key says as she enters the hall, speaking as if she just told a kid to stop roughhousing.

Lee powers down and sinks back into his chair "Very well. However, I still wish to test your skill for myself...just not right now. I think some rest and a good meal would do for now." he says with a chuckle.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:56 pm

Kate didn't want to wreck her parents palace in a fight, sure both were very easy going people but everyone had their limits. The repair and destruction would be pretty bad all around, but before she could voice her concerns Key came and she gave a mental sigh of relief.

"All right. Just get some rest for now." Kate was a bit amused if only because Lee almost looked like a child being scolded despite the age gap. "Afternoon Key."

It was around that time Joseph came, Lee's energy around the palace had made him think there had been some intruder or something was under the works. It had to be a bad one to cause Lee to power up too and by Kate no less.

Joseph appeared, ready to kill someone. "All right what's the situation.."

Except there was no enemies.

"Calm down. There's nothing here. Lee just powered up for a spar before remembering none are to be had in the palace." Kate said.

"........"

Joseph sighed a bit to that. "I ought to have known better by now."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:03 pm

Lee stands once again, to greet Joseph "And there he is. I swear, if all it takes is for me to power up a bit to get your attention, you must be stressing out about something." he says "Is it Kate asking to go traveling? I say let her. Trust me, there are worse things she could be doing other than spending a few character building months in space." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:11 pm

Joseph still wasn't too sure, he couldn't cuddle Kate forever true and she was a growing young woman now. It was still so strange the person standing in front of them now was once the painfully shy little girl that had been his shadow for some time.

After a moment, he sighed. "All right. I guess I would be a slight hypocrite for me to say no, since I was around your age when I started traveling."

Kate gave him a hug before pulling away. "I won't be gone for too long, because like I said there are things here I don't want to miss. Maybe you could get something long distance to fill me in on certain things from Alus?"

"It's worth a shot, anyway. I'll ask about it."
Joseph was really starting to feel a bit..old. This was still so surreal to him.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:19 pm

Lee looks over to Kate "Now that we got that settled, you should go pack what you want to take. I'll go get you a battle jacket, just incase." he says, referring to the battle armor that most Saiyan warriors wear "We'll need to get you a ship, you know, other then a space pod. I'll contact some people and see what I can find." he says,
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:27 pm

Kate nodded happily. "I will thank you. I'll be gathering some things from my room, I'll be back soon." She soon left to gather what she needed in her own room.

Joseph watched her leave before chuckling. "I guess this is the time of a parent's lives where their kid eventually leave their nest. It's still strange how much time has passed since she was tiny. At least she's not having kids yet, I don't think my heart can take it." He was half joking about that, but he knew that day would come some day when she'd settle down with someone.

So much had changed as time went on. Jason lived in another multiverse entirely with his daughter, Kate was growing up and he was witnessing a variety of cultural shifts happen before his eyes.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:49 pm

Lee chuckles "There comes a time for everything and everything comes in time." he says as he pats Joseph on the shoulder, before he heads off, having things he needed to take care of.

"That's the one thing I'm not looking forward too myself. Is saying good-bye to my little girl." Jason says, suddenly being there "Hey buddy. I was in the neighborhood and couldn't pass up a chance to visit an old friend. I have very few of them as it is." he chuckles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:53 pm

Joseph was a bit surprised, Jason gave off No energy plus the suddenly being there but that was normal. "Jason? It's good to see you again, I needed someone to talk to as is. How have you been in that other dimension?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:05 am

Jason smiles "It's blissfully uneventful. Sure every now and then there are a few wannabe villains out there, but they're quickly dealt with." he sighs "In truth, I'm starting to miss the good ol' days. You know, when warriors like us were...Needed, I guess..." he says.

He sighs "I start to miss the old days, than I think of Michelle and most of my longing for glory days goes away, but not for long. I feel useless in that other dimension and I don't like that feeling. You know what I mean?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:14 am

Joseph could kind of relate, to a degree and nodded. "I kinda know what you mean but honestly? I'm content. I actually hate fighting believe it or not. I only really got into it because I wanted to protect those close to me. I have pretty much the life I want. There might be minor things like biological children with Teala, but with all I have I'd have to be ungrateful and stupid to complain."

He shook his head. "Though, just because things are peaceful we should still be on our guard. It's those times when stuff happen when we least expect it. I'm still going to train so I don't pull a Gohan and become weaker while letting all the power go to waste. That said, if you ever need a break or someone to just talk to don't be afraid to just swing by. Though while you're here, you think you can teach me that teleporting technique you have? I think it was a varation of the Instant Transmission that way I can visit for once. I tell ya, it would have made my dimension hopping days easier."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:28 am

Jason frowns when Joseph mentions kids with Teala, but he quickly hides it "My teleporting technique is only Instant Transmission. Since my Ki can't be felt, it only Seems like I appear out of nowhere." he explains.

"The thing about my kind, is that our power levels don't go down if we don't train. They also don't go down the older we get either." he says "Cotto and Teala should be back early tomorrow and Lee Should have a ship by the end of the same day." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:38 am

"..Is something wrong? It could have just me reading too much into it but you seemed to frown for a moment."" Joseph noticed the brief frown. Maybe he was just imagining it now, he was still worried about Kate after all.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:39 pm

Jason shakes his head "Oh, it's nothing. I was just thinking about Michelle and how quickly she's growing up." he says, then smacks Joseph on the arm "Well, buddy. I'm going to take off and get back to my little girl. I just need to collect my other self and I'll be heading out. It was good seeing you." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:36 pm

Joseph was a bit dissapointed Jason was leaving so soon, but it was understandable; he had his own life and things to get to himself. "I gotcha. Don't be a stranger though and stop by when you can. One quick question before you go I've been wondering, does time pass quicker in that dimension then here?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:48 am

Jason nods slowly "That's an interesting question. Since it's outside the 'Normal' connections of this plane multiverse. So time passes very strangely for Jack's home dimension. I always go back a few days after I had left." he says, scratching his head "It's very complicated to explain. But when I fully understand it, I'll let you know. I'll see ya later, buddy." he says as he does his Instant Transmission thing and was gone.

((Jason's out))
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:41 pm

Joseph watched them leave before going on his own way, he had things he needed to take care of himself after all.

Kate packed what she was able to, part of her was excited but if there was one thing she wouldn't like was the times she'd spend on the ship alone. Kate was very much a people person, so she didn't do too well being on long periods by herself.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:03 pm

The rest of the day was pretty much eventless and dead, as far as excitement goes. Just the usual hustle and bustle of the Planet Vegeta. Lee was out and about, doing what he does, which was pretty much everything Teala didn't like to do. You know, overly aggressive things.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:22 pm

Joseph was tired by the time the day had passed and he had everything else he needed to do, done. There were still things to do, but then when was there wasn't? Sleep didn't come as easy as he would have liked, part of him still worried about Kate. Sure she was growing but he couldn't really help it.

So when the next day came he was in no hurry. Kate would probably be leaving some time today, on her own in the deep reaches of space.

Kate, actually, was up before even he was that day. If he had to guess she was really excited but that didn't take a genetic scientist to figure out.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:35 pm

High in the sky were two incoming space pods. It was most likely Teala and Cotto, like Jason said. They plunge down and hit the landing pads smoothly. Cotto was the first one out, followed by Teala.

Cotto looks a bit worse for were, but Teala looked fine. Lee was there to greet them both "So, how did it go?" he asks.

Teala pulls at her armor "It went as well as expected. However, I don't think we'll have anymore trouble from those roughions." she says with a bright smile.

Lee nods as he looks to Cotto "Do you need to go to the rejuvenation chamber?" he asks in a stern tone.

Cotto shakes his head as he straightens up "No. I'm fine. Just a scratch. If I may be excused." he says to Teals, who nods, and Cotto heads on out.

Teala looks around "So, anything exciting happen while we were away?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:47 pm

Kate was waiting anxiously for Teala to return so when she did arrive her face brightened up. "Mom! Welcome home!" She gave them a brief hug before pulling away.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum