Did You Get What You Wanted?

2 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Did You Get What You Wanted? - Page 5 Empty Re: Did You Get What You Wanted?

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:59 pm

Emanulle thought the shy thing was kinda cute, but he of course didn't comment on it. "I had a idea. What about getting Buddy a physical body? The reason I suggested this is because while Buddy is a great help, there's certain things he can't do without an Actual body. So it may be worth something at least thinking about." He shrugged. "Or not. It's just a idea."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:19 pm

Jack nods "I guess I can talk to Mickey about getting a mobile emitter for Buddy." he says as he jots a few things down on a data pad "Anything else?" he asks.

'What about the Hunters?" Marcen asks in a low tone "Police won't be a problem to avoid, but Hunters are Trained to go after 'special' individual. They won't be too easy to avoid." he points out.

Jack nods "Well, for the time being, we'll avoid them and if they get called to a scene where we're at, just remember, they have jurisdiction. Only intervene if you know for a fact that they can't handle the threat or if innocent lives are at risk." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:50 pm

Natomi was scribbling random things down, what exactly it was hard to say but she didn't say too much of anything else at the moment.

"Speaking of, what other hazards should we keep note of if any? Jack you have been at this as a profession longer then all of us, how did things work in your world in regards to super heroes?" Ramona asked.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:14 pm

Jack frowns slightly "Well, the dynamics are different here." he mumbles "Back home, my team is well loved and everyone knows who we really are." he says "Where I come from, we have a Super Villain, our arch nemesis, who attacks regularly and so they Need Super Heroes. he explains.

"But here, despite all the crazy things, we only have One Super Villain and she's only interested in getting Alice. Not world domination." says Marcen.

Jack nods "Exactly. So far, everything that happens here, the police or Hunters can handle it. But when something that they can't handle, we'll be there to help." he assures.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:29 pm

"And at the moment, the only other thing is the people working with Lexia. She might not want anything but to destroy Alice but the people she works for may have much grander plans." Natomi pointed out. "It might be worth finding someone who knows more about Heartless, Nobodies and the like besides bare bones information but easier said then done." She mumbled.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:35 pm

Jack nods "Good idea. I'll put another ad in the paper and see what pops up." he says.

Marcen frowns "That's another thing. Is it such a good idea to put ads in papers asking for this sort of thing? It's Bound to draw the wrong kind of attention." he points out.

Jack thinks for a bit "I'll take care of it. Not to worry. I have ways of making sure no one can find what I don't want them to find." he says, cryptically.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:42 pm

Emanulle wasn't too sure, but he trusted Jack's judgment on the matter. "Speaking of, I was thinking maybe there could be a better method of finding recruitment then adds or should I say besides adds. I don't have much of any suggestions though. Anyone else?"

Ramona shook her head. "No, I'm sorry."

Natomi shrugged. "Not now, but I was looking into things anyway so I will for later hopefully."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:45 pm

Alice fidgets a bit "H-how, um, how about, setting up a, uh, a website?" she mumbles.

Marcen nods "That's a good idea. We can put up prerequisites for joining as well as a application. Change the meeting location each week, so it'll be harder for Hunters to track." he says "We could even upload videos to show the people that we're here to help." he points out.

Jack thinks about it for a bit, than nods "You know, that's a brilliant idea Alice." he says as a smile spreads across his face "This could work out for us in so many ways. I'll get started on it as soon as the meeting's finished." he says, giving Alice a thumbs up "Good thinking, Alice." he says. Alice blushes slightly at the compliment.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:25 pm

Emanulle had to agree with that. "I agree. It's a very good sound idea all around, kinda obvious one too, surprised it wasn't thought of sooner."

After a moment, the former prince continued. "If it hasn't been thought of already, I suggest there's be put some fail safes or some type of security for the shop itself. Earlier we had those bots track down Alice here, and next time who knows."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:43 pm

Jack nods slowly "Yes. I suppose I could and probably Should have put some security measures in place." he says slowly. He didn't like the idea of changing his wife's jewelry shop too much. She might not be too happy about it When he found her.

Marcen looks his note book over "That about covers it on my end." he says.

Jack looks over to the others "Any other thoughts, comments, suggestions or concerns?" he asks. Alice just shakes her head.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:31 pm

"None I can think of." Emanulle replied, while both Ramona and Natomi confirmed they had nothing to add; at least at the moment.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:51 pm

Jack slaps the table "Alright! Then this meeting's adjourned." he says as he gets up "Buddy, save and archive log of meeting." he says.

"You got it, boss!" Buddy says.

Marcen stretches "Well, I'm heading out. If anything interesting happens, you know how to get ahold of me." he says as he heads to the door.

Alice sighs "I think, I'll stay in the base and help Buddy set up the web site." she mumbles.

Jack nods to Marcen "If you see anything out of the ordinary, give us a buzz and we'll be there." he says, then looks to Alice "Be sure you cover all out strong points and, if you can, put a wanted add for someone who has knowledge of Heartless and Nobodies." he says.

Last edited by namey on Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:40 pm

Emanulle wasn't too sure what he was going to do exactly after this but he had more then enough time to figure a thing out or two. "What are you going to do three going to do?" He asked, referring to Jack and Ramona mainly as they were the only ones who hadn't announced anything.

"I'm going to check in with my fiance and get that handled." Ramona stretched slightly after she got up and proceeded on her way out. "I won't be gone for too long but it depends on how things go."

"Would it be all right if I came with you?"" Natomi said to her fellow ninja, she was kinda curious about them because she had never met a Chakra ninja in person before just heard of them. They weren't the same 'class' of ninja per say but a lot of things were universal so some kinship would be nice.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:12 pm

Jack shrugs "I'm going back to the shop. I still have a business to run, after all." he says with a chuckle "A Super Heroes work is never done, it seem." he says, chuckling to himself as he walks on out.

Marcen looks over to Natomi in slight surprise "Sure. I don't mind the company at all." he says "I'm just going out for a light patrol. Seeing what's going on in the city we're protecting." he says with a slight shrug as he heads out.

Alice looks over to Emanulle "Um...Do you know anything about how to build a website?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:00 pm

Emanulle smiled a bit. "It's one of my odd out talents. I can build one decently enough, I'll just do the leg work of things and we'll get a rough draft of things to get going."

Natomi followed after Marcen. "Good idea. It's been slow for the most part lately but it is Tokyo, and its a pretty strong strangeness magnet from my experience."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:36 pm

Alice nods "Okay. Thank you for your help. I'm sure Buddy can also help out too." she says.

Marcen nods "True enough, It seems something always happens." he says as he starts out. Though, Natomi was right about one thing. It was pretty peaceful out right now.

Still, Marcen's ninja training was telling him that he was being watched and even followed. He hid this knowledge well, figuring that Natomi's own training would let her know something was wrong.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:04 pm

"We have a holodeck, so I'm assuming we have a computer somewhere around here right?" Emanulle asked after a moment.

Natomi didn't say anything, but Macen was correct she picked up something but kept going as she hadn't noticed at all. The Wildfire Demon was hoping to pick up on who or what was following them without making it obvious that she knew they were being followed, hopefully it wasn't another enemy or the ones they had now.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:01 pm

"Of course. In fact, why don't you come to the holodeck and we can get things started there." Buddy suggests "Also, if you would like to customize anything in your room, feel free to let me know the specifics and I'll replicate it for you." he offers.

Alice looks over to the sensor strip "Buddy, you're being strangely nice to Emanulle." she says, suspicious at the AI.

Buddy clears his nonexistent "Yes, well, he fascinates me. More to the point, his daughter fascinates me. I've never seen a child in person before." he says slowly "I hope that didn't make me sound creepy..."

Having picked up on the fact that Natomi had found out about their stalker, Marcen walks closer to Natomi and takes her by the arm and leans in, like he was going to nuzzle her neck "play along..." he whispers "this person knows we can pick up on his scent and has found a way to mask it..." he whispers "i still don't know which of us is the target..." he says in a very low tone, them moves away from Natomi's neck.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:09 pm

"....."

Emanulle didn't know how to respond to that and decided to just move on from the awkwardness. "..Moving on, that would be fine."

If it weren't for her training, Natomi would have jumped from the contact but she managed to stay calm even though she was really embarassed; blushing kinda made it obvious but did a better job of hiding it.

"..O-Okay." Calming herself she relaxed a bit more and did play along with things. If they were going to play the part they had to be convincing.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:07 pm

Inside the holodeck was Buddy (looking like Data again) and a office chair, a desk with a computer on it "Welcome. Now, lets get this website set up. Anything you do here, will also reflect on the net, so go nuts." he says.

Marcen's other senses were on high alert, but this person was pretty good. He was avoiding any places where he might cast a shadow or reflection. Which meant he was most likely in the building "chances are he doesn't have ears on us..." he says softly "but i believe he's in the buildings.." he mumbles.

And Marcen was right, as they passed in front of another building, a white blur shoots out of one window and into another "whoever this person is, I don't think he's a ninja. that almost looked like parkour." he says in a low tone.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:16 pm

Emanulle sat down and began typing away, but still talking as he got to work. "Anyone have any idea for a name of the website? If not I'll get a generic placeholder until something sticks. After that, tell me a rough idea of things you want to add to the site and we'll build from there."

Natomi didn't like this. There had to be someway to lead them out into the open. Who were they and what were their motives could wait for another time.

"You're right. But they're still obviously trained in stealth and who knows what else."
She checked the unknown as 'enemy' for now until further notice. Following people around silently if you had no ill intent made a pretty poor first impression after all.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:31 pm

Alice shrugs "Jack never came up with a name for our team. He always said that 'if we needed a name, then the people will give us one.' and so far, they're barely aware we, we exist..." she mumbles that last part.

Marcen points to the park, like an excited boy with a hot girl as his date would "How about we take one of the boats out to the middle of the lake and, be alone." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:40 pm

"We'll to be fair we haven't even really done anything of note either just yet. Fame's kinda a double edged sword though its ironic in the sense I tried to leave that behind only to potentially come back to it. But enough, I'm rambling."

Emanulle typed something in as the url and such as he went on. "All right, basics. I have some idea of prequiste for people looking into it, but if you have anything to add now's the time."

Natomi smiled, acting like someone actually on a date with someone. "I would really that, I was hoping you would ask earlier but you must have been thinking of other things."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:36 pm

Alice nods "Yeah and maybe we should do background checks as well. We wouldn't want to have some kind of crazy join our team, right?" she asks "Also, maybe we can have them send of a video of them using their powers?" she asks.

Marcen gets into one of the boats and rows off after Natomi got in as well. He stops in the center of the small lake and puts the boat into a slow, romantic spin as he gazed deeply into Natomi's orange eyes...

Which is what anyone would have thought, but in reality, Marcen put the boat in the lake so no one could easily get to them and spun it so they could see in all directions for their stalker. Somewhere in one of the trees, something that was not an animal, moves!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:50 pm

"Very good idea Alice, you're natural at this. I was kind of thinking about the same thing for the former." Emanulle began typing away. "So that and backgrounds checks are pretty much mandatory. We get that and a basic form to fill out and it'll be a start."

Natomi was all and all, pretty embarrassed by the whole thing even if it was fake. She was rather shy about this sort of thing despite all her training and the like.

More importantly though, she knew what Macen was trying to do so her eyes would dart around to try to get a better view of who was following. Her eyes were far sharper then a humans and her training to notice small details helped even more.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next