Did You Get What You Wanted?

2 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Did You Get What You Wanted? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did You Get What You Wanted?

Post by Namey Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:26 pm

Marcen shrugs "Well, Jack wanted it big, because he was hoping for a bigger team." he says "When he didn't get it, he was almost at a lose about what to do, until some of his old teammates volunteered to help out until he can get a decent sized team." he explains.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:52 pm

Emanulle shook his head. "I'm sure we'll get more sooner or later. I talked to Jack about it and I think the key is changing our methods. Like I mentioned, most people in this dimension won't take the word 'super hero' seriously. When we first brought this up, we got extremely lucky but we also had a lot of posers as well. For you, how did recruitment back where you came from?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:26 pm

Marcen blinks in surprise to Emanulle's question about his village "You mean about being a shinobi?" he asks "We really didn't. The village where I come from is a hidden shinobi village. It's where we train people to be ninja." he explains.

"We don't need to recruit people. Most wanted to be shinobi since they were little. Some, it was expected of them because of their parents or bloodline." he says "To be a shinobi and defend others, even if it means your life, is the highest honor my people could ask for." he states.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:41 pm

"Hm.."

We'll, there wasn't much he could use there but there was no point in really asking. "I'm going to get Michru in a second so she can get situated in her new place. Is there anything else before I go?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:50 pm

Marcen shakes his head "No. I just wanted to see how you were settling in." he says "Are you planning on keeping Michru in that psychic shool or are you going to pull her out until things settle down?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:01 pm

"She's already pulled out. I kind of had to check in with everything before I left to that other dimension instead of just vanishing. Plus, I don't want put the staff there in danger as well with this organization running around. So for now I suppose. Anyway I'll be back in a few."

Emanulle was thinking on a few things as he headed back, mainly long term about this whole super hero thing and all it involved. If they were going to do it, then they were going to do it right or it would crumble before it really began.

Something else he had thought about, which was glaringly obvious in hindsight of Why Christine had been in such a rush from earlier a few days or so before he had left. Even if what Jack said was true anyone close would have been upset and want to do something. It made a lot more sense then suddenly having a burning desire to visit the Mystic Home World out of nowhere. He was mad at himself for not picking that up from the start and he usually was a lot more inspective about that sort of thing.

It took a couple of minutes, but in the end Emanulle did come back with Michru in tow as per normal.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:15 pm

Jack looks down and sees Michru "Hey kiddo!" he says with a winning smile "I hope you like your new home. It's full of some really neat things." he says with a wink.

Though he wasn't here for his children, he knew how to treat and handle them. Part of their training was how to handle the general public and more importantly, reporters!

Jack asks Alice if she wouldn't mind watching the shop while he took care of some things upstairs. He wanders on up to the living area and sighs. Christine was a Hunter, Jason and his daughter were in another dimension and even Molly was gone...His home felt like it had lost everything. Like He had lost everything...everything that made this dimension worth living in.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:28 pm

Michru was rather sleepy so it wouldn't take her too long to be tucked in but she did give a sleepy hello to Alice though Manny greeted her too of course.

Emanulle wanted to talk to Jack; just about various things in general but he'd have to wait for now. It was important as a team to comminucate, but more importantly as a friend he Should check in on them to see how they were doing. Macen seemed fine, Alice had some inner demons to deal with and Jack seemed fine too. However, he probably missed his family to some degree.

That was the nature of things though. As your children grew older, in a way they grew apart as they went to live their own lives. Hopefully Jason or Christine would pay Jack a visit, it would probably really make his week.

They found themselves in Michru's new room before too long. He'd get his daughter taken care of before anything else, as usual she was his first priroty at the moment.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:34 pm

Before long, it was time to lock up. Jack came back down "I'm going to head on out for a bit. Hold the fort down until I get back!" he says as he takes to the air.

Mondo finally gets off his ass and heads to the base. He needed to talk with Emanulle about a few things. It wasn't too hard to find Manny, the computer was tracking everyone's movements inside the base. He hits the door chime and waits.

((Jack's out))
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:40 pm

Emanulle was actually heading out after making sure Michru was sleep when he saw Mondo coming his way. "Oh, hey Mondo. Do you need something?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:05 pm

Mondo doesn't answer, instead he holds up a small device that sends a scanning laser up and down Emanulle "Scan for measurements...Complete!" he says as he puts the small device away, then hands Emanulle a small metal object "This is your communicator..." he says "It goes on the back of your hand. Tap it and say the name of who you want. You also tap it when you receive a call." he explains "Good night." he says, then turns and starts off.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:12 pm

"..Good night." Emanulle looked the new item over before putting it away and heading to his room to sleep. It seemed he wouldn't be talking to Jack tonight but he could do so private later. At the moment, he was closes to him since he knew him longer but he was confident that would change later once he got to know them even more.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:36 pm

Out of all the people, it would seem that Marcen would be the hardest to get to know. After all, being a ninja meant he was trained to keep secrets and there was a good chance that he wouldn't be able to tell any secrets from or about the village that he came from.

Second to that, was Alice. That girl defiantly had a few skeletons in her closet and getting her to tell them would be hard, since talking about her past makes her uncomfortable and causes her to start brooding.

Then there was Mondo. Aside from the fact that he was on Jack's old team and that he's lazy, there really isn't too much known about him. Not even his full power is known and he doesn't seem to offer Anything about his past or a back story.

Jack, on the other hand, was friendly and open to talking. He was almost like an open book, the guy liked to talk about himself so much. It was no real secret that Jack had a very high opinion about himself, but he also had the good sense to not let it get in the way of his work. Still, though.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:48 am

So imagine getting really into character and making a really in depth analytical character building post and the computer dying on you before you finished? Then the browser canceling and restarting mid post before going to wordpad. That's what just happened before I had to retype the damned thing..>< But I fight on!)

Emanulle didn’t need to know everything about them and he didn’t expect it too but he had learned even among friends you could trust certain ones a bit less or more. Some you’d share a lot more with and others  a lot less.

If he had to pick someone to start with, it would be Alice and that was besides her troubles she reminded him in some ways of himself.  Back when he had first came to earth, he had only one real friend as he hadn’t gotten to know his family here with the Kenzy’s; or rather former friend as they turned out not to be so much one after all.

Alice in his brief observations didn’t have anyone she truly bonded with. She was pleasant and polite but there seemed to be some distance she was placing between herself and others.  He knew what it was like to feel alone despite having others around you and it could lead to the mind going to some dark places. He worried if Alice didn’t develop strong enough bonds to keep her grounded, she’d end up destroying herself in some way.

Add the fact both had went through unrequited love(Michru’s mother in his case, and Raine in Alice’s case) death of a family member which caused the family dynamics to change and both had self worth issues. Though admittingly, Alice’s was worse as she didn’t even think herself a real person. Not that either knew these things themselves personally

He personally thought vehemently otherwise far as not being a real. If someone could feel and think and had free will they were a person in his book. That and they wouldn't be protecting someone that wasn't real.

More then that, it begged the timeless question by who’s standards was used to judge if something was a person or not? Some cosmic unseen entities in the sky that made this messed up Multiverse? Some universal standard everyone was suppose to agree on?

No. He didn’t believe in it. Not because he doubted it exist or at least likely existed but it or theirs authority. This creation was too flawed some type of check list of some ‘perfect higher beings’ of much of..anything in his opinion. The fact there was Entirely different creations as obvious with Jack’s world with their own standards made it mean even less. That just left in the opinion of fallible people who had various views on the subject which ultimately ended nowhere.

It was all easier said then done, he didn’t even know where to begin but there was that famous earth saying that anything worth doing requires effort. The idea of getting her out of the base to do things more often was dismissed for now; now with Lexia and others chasing after her like dogs in heat. Maybe when things was less of a giant mess.

We’ll whatever came tomorrow and then on, regardless, it was going to be a ride.

Around the next day Hiroshi got a bit extra early because he wanted to see if that thing he had seen a bit back was for real. Something about super heroes. Ever since him being sent into that realm and Suki giving him a hell of a scare he was thinking of ways around things. If the thing was legit not only would they have help but a chance to learn things from other people.

Of course it wasn't just up to him, he Suki and now Usagi were a team so it would up to all of them he just wanted to check it out to see if it was the 'real' thing. After that if he liked what he saw and such he'd go talk those two and bring them here and go from there.

Some of Torin's word made him wonder if he Just considered Suki a friend and not just physically attracted to her. A lot of people on the outside seemed to think so, so..maybe he'd have to find out. It was Valetine's Day which he kinda indifferent since it was commerialized fluff in his opinion but then that included Christmas.

When he reached the shop, it read 'closed' he checked the time. He was too early.

Figures.

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:48 am

((Oh yes! I know that feeling very well! Usually when my computer messes up and I haven't copied the reply, I somewhat lose my will to keep posting at that moment. I mean, the original draft was a masterpiece! Now I have to settle for posting sloppy seconds.))

"Don't worry, the shop will be open here in a bit." Marcen says, suddenly behind Hiroshi "Unless you're here for some other reason." he says.

In a times when you're up against an unknown enemy, not having all the information you could, was dangerous and everyone, no matter how mundane, should be viewed as a potential friend or foe.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:10 pm

Hiroshi was of course startled but thankfully he didn't make a noise or he wouldn't ever let himself live it down if Suki was there. "Geez man, you're going to give someone a heart attack. And..uh I guess you could sorta say that. I heard about some type of super hero thing going on here or somewhere in this area at least. I wanted to see if it was the real thing since its kinda what me and my friends do anyway. That and see how the people who ran things were."

He realized he'd sound crazy if this Wasn't the real thing but in that case it would just save him time.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:02 am

Marcen nods "Actually, I was talking about something else, but it's good to know you're not here to cause trouble." he says as he walks over to the shop and unlocks it, flipping the 'closed' sign over.

Marcen motions for Hiroshi to follow "Come on in." he says as he walks around the counter "Hello and welcome to Osa-P Jewelry. How may I help you today?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:54 am

Hiroshi wondered if he just made a ass of himself. It was apparently just a normal Jewerly shop?

We'll that blew but he should have known it was too good to be true at least the guy didn't think he was crazy for whatever reason. "I don't know yet. I'll just be looking until I find something that fits for someone I care about a lot." At the least maybe he could get Suki something while he was here.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:07 am

Marcen nods "You're probably thinking that I think you're a crazy nut for thinking super heroes exist, right?" he asks "Well, you no doubt seen the advertisements for super heroes in the local paper and you're right, it's this shop that's asking for them." he explains.

"So, you want to join in on the action, huh?" he asks "It's my job to see why you want to be a super hero and if you can make the cut!" he says "Do you feel up to it? Be warned, I don't pull any punches." he cautions.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:37 am

Hiroshi held up his hands. "That goes both ways. I don't know Anything about you guys yet for now. Like I said its not just me whether I'll join or not. It's a team. So how about a exchange? I get a basic idea about you and if you're legit and you get a basic idea about me. I know you guys probably can't say a lot to non members, but there's gotta be some type of basic amount so they know what this group is about. If I like the general vibe and I talk to the others and they like it I'll bring them by and you can grill the three of us as needed."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:00 am

Marcen nods "What we're about, huh? We're good, for the sake of being good." he says "When the powerful forces of evil start to push those weaker into a corner, we're the ones who push back." he states "When those who use fear to prey on the fearful, we're the ones who show there's nothing to be afraid of. We're the shield, when the innocent are under attack and we give hope to those who have lost it." he says, just as Jack taught him, with pride and confidence.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:31 am

Nixia would probably eat that stuff up, not that Hiroshi disagreed with it just..sounded so cheesy when he said it outloud was all.

"Okay its a start. Before I go, I really do want to get something from the shop. I have a childhood friend I'm close to by name of Suki. Really friendly, peppy girl next door type so you have any recommedations here that won't cost me a arm and a leg?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:51 am

Marcen looks around "A necklace or earrings would probably be a good choice." he suggests "Something with one stone. Like a small pendent on the necklace or the earrings. We've got some good quality items for a reasonable price." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:03 pm

Slowly Emanulle woke up, he was tired but he forced himself to get up. There was A Lot to do and things to think about so he couldn't just sit.

Hiroshi looked around before he spotted a pretty necklace and decided to get that. After paying for it he looked to Macen. "I'll probably see you later, if not nice meeting and take care of yourself."

The young demon headed out with the bag, he was both nervous and excited. There would be one of two places Suki would be; at her place or Usagi's since she wasn't at his but since it was so early the former was the best option.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Marcen wrote everything that had happened down. He would let Jack know about this when he got back. Though, it Really wasn't much to go. Aside from the name of his friend and possibly implication in another group, he Really didn't tell Marcen anything about himself that could be used to determine if he would make a fine super hero or not.

Still, it's worth mentioning to Jack. But at the moment, Marcen needed to properly open the shop for business. He sets the magazines out, adjusts  the seats and readies the coffee. He didn't understand why Jack had them set the shop up like this and even asked him one time, but Jack simply said it made the place seem more friendly.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next