Butterfly Effect

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Butterfly Effect - Page 2 Empty Re: Butterfly Effect

Post by Namey Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:54 pm

Marcen didn't Really ask about how he was doing, but whatever "You're not rhat much younger then I am. You'll figure things out. You still got time. Hust make sure it's what you Really want, before commiting to something." he says.

Christine comes back out, holding a small, wrapped package "And here ya go. All wrapped and ready to go." she says as she hands the package to Dysis "Who were you talking to? Another customer?" she asks as Dysis was the only one in the shop.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:58 pm

"There was someone here, but they're gone now.." Dysis shook his head. "Not sure what happened but guess it doesn't matter. Thank for the wrapping."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:25 pm

Christine nods "Thank you for stopping in and have a good rest of the day." she says with a smile as Dysis heads out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:38 pm

Dysis left the jewelry shop though at the moment he didn't have a particular plan. Most of the people he'd usually hang around with seemed to be busy at the moment. Since he was in the midst of killing time before he got called, he opted to find a library. He liked reading and it be a good place to time sink for the day.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:33 am

"Dysis. Fancy meeting you here." Aki says. She was holding some books about psychics "Did you need any, help, looking for a book or two?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:37 pm

Dysis didn't expect to run into Aki this soon let alone within the same day what were the chances? "I'm not looking for anything in particular, just some fictional books to time sink in. If you have some recommendations I'm all for it. What are you reading?" It was about physics from what he could tell, but nothing more then that,
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:51 pm

Aki holds up her book "It's about psychic powers and our understanding of it." she says "Would you care to talk about it?" she asks as she starts over to a desk.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:39 pm

Dysis didn't see why not,. "Sure. I don't mind." His kind had a little bit of those, well full. Since he was half he didn't have those powers and abilties naturally. "I know a bit about it but not that much."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:06 pm

Aki nods as she flips through the book "There are many different types of psychic powers. Mine is mainly in energy conversion and detection." she says as she turns to the page with psychokinesis "In truth, I followed your energy here after I was finished with the Hunters." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:55 pm

"You can sense energy? That's pretty cool and useful." Dysis knew what pychokinesis was, just again not much. "The most I know about is empathy and telepathy since that's the main power my kind have, well full members anyway. It's still pretty interesting."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:38 am

Aki nods slowly "Yes, I know what you mean. My sister is telepathic and, even trained, she ha, at times, troubles keeping other's thoughts out of her mind and, at times, it can be disturbing for her. Especially in the middle of the night." she says in a low tone.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:29 pm

"Telepathy and empathy can be very useful, but they can also come with big downsides." Dysis agreed, though he didn't know the extent of his kind's powers in that regard. "I heard just about anyone has the potential to learn powers like those as long as they aren't immune or something. I take it with a big grain of salt but maybe like most things there's some truth to it."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:18 pm

Aki shakes her head "Whomever told you that doesn't seem to know much about psychics." she says "Not just anyone can learn to use psychic skills. One needs a genetic aptitude to use psychic abilities and even than, it will depend on what your psychic talent is." she explains "Mine are psychokinesis and empathy. I just can't suddenly learn telepathy and telekinesis, like my sister." she points out "Because it's not within my genetic disposition."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:50 am

Dysis hadn't taken the comment as seriously so what Aki said more or less confirmed what he already was thinking. "About more or less what I thought. You're either born with it or not like with most things."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:12 am

Aki nods "Indeed. Though, I would rather be able to sense emotions, than sense thoughts." she says "At the academe, we have this one telepath, stronger than average, he enjoys peering into the minds of the criminally disturbed as well as the dying." she explains, absently flipping through the book "He says it gives him a better understanding about the Human mind.. however, each time he does so, it seems like, he loses a part of himself, like his soul or something. The part that makes him Human."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:19 pm

"That doesn't sound like a good trade off it its messes you up mentally. I'd ask Why he'd still continue to do it but maybe he doesn't care at this point.."
It was just his opinion but enjoying diving into the minds of the dying kinda gave red flags slash grey area. Like a kid that liked to burn insects with a magnifying glass; it didn't nesscarily mean anything but it very well could be.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:19 pm

Aki shrugs slightly "As I said, he believes it will help him understand the Human mind better. Besides, he's not hurting anyone other than himself and if he wants to damage his own mind, despite Sensei Mike's protests, then it's not our place to stop him." she explains.

She looks around to how empty the library was. Now that most things are digital hardly anyone comes here anymore "Would you like to get something to eat with me?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:27 am

Dysis was a bit hungry and he didn't mind Aki's company so why not? "Sure why not? This place was pretty empty anyway." It wasn't really a surprise since over time they had become less and less popular. He understood the appeal to digital, but he actually prefferred physical copies of books.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:56 am

Aki checks out the books and heads out "Where would you like to go tp eat? It's my treat, but I have no preference." she says as she looks over to him "If I may ask, why do you live on Earth and not on Noreal?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:38 am

Dysis thinks a bit before he started walking. "There's a small family place I go to now that far from here. As to why, simply I was born here so I have a bias. I've been there, though like anywhere else it has its cons and dangers as well." He didn't elaborate since he didn't want to go into it if they weren't interested.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:32 am

Aki nods, but doesn't press the issue, even though she could sense there was much more to it than Dysis was telling her. That was fine. After all, everyone had their own secrets, even her.

Like the fact that she had been feeding off of Dysis' energies all this time and him not even noticing was one of them. It's not like she was maliciously doing so. As Danny said, it's just in her nature to do so.

"So, do you plan on joining the Hunters?" she asks "If so, you should know that they are like the military, in that you can't Just quit when you feel like it." she points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:49 am

Dysis nodded a bit to that. "Yeah, I know. My father was in it when they were alive so I know a bit about it and what I didn't know I did research on. This wasn't a quick decision. Have you figured out what you're going to do after the Last Maiden thing?"

They arrived at the small family owned place, it was quite with only a few people there but the food wasn't going to be a let down.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:24 am

Aki shakes her head "No. I go where I'm needed." she says "When I'm not doing that, I'm taking care of my little sister." she orders a small meal and a drink "As it turns out, people with psychic abilities are in high demand in this crazy world."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:01 pm

"Makes sense given how earth can be. I have a little sister too, around five named Miranda. How old is yours?" H
e didn't know they had one but he hadn't really asked either. At least it sounded like she had another younger one.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:57 am

Aki shrugs slightly "My sister is sixteen." she says. Aki had mentioned that she had a sister on more then one occasion and he had even seen her before as well, so this wasn't news.

"She is usually the one who is called for jobs because of her telekinesis and telepathy. I only get called when there is someone who is emotionally troubled." she explains as she takes a sip of her drink.

She focuses on Dysis, looking him in the eyes "So what about you? What special tricks would you like to be able to do?"
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next