Off The Beaten Path

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Off The Beaten Path - Page 2 Empty Re: Off The Beaten Path

Post by Namey Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:42 am

They weren't flying. They were actually falling. As if the gravity on the planet had been inverted and they were now falling into the sky. However, Usagi could control it and as soon as they get a decent height, they stop falling and just float there for a bit as Usagi turns in the direction where they'll be 'falling' to next.

The Gravity Siren shakes her head "I can't really say. I've never asked about the Guardian of the Mountain, other than to give thanks to him." she says as they suddenly start 'falling' sideways "If the master isn't meditating, you can ask him when we get to the temple."
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:59 pm

"Well all right..." Nysia mumbled, she felt like little green men were having a rock concert in her stomach or something a bit.

"You okay sis?"
Emus asked noticing the rather interesting shade of blue in the cheeks.

"My stomach isn't as great for this. I'll live."
Nysia answered, she could troop it out until then.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:28 am

As the three were falling through the air, some mountains comes into view, and the three were rushing towards them at terminal velocity! Usagi slows all three of them suddenly, reangles them again, then they take off once more, this time heading towards the ground!

However, the Gravity Siren slows them to a halt, just a few feet from the ground, then drops her gravity field "Okay, we're here. Sorry for the rough ride, but you get use to it after a bit." she explains.

They were at a decent sized Temple that they were now in "Welcome to my home." she says, sounding proud of the place.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:23 pm

Nysia wasn't too keen on the rough ride, but Emus thought it was awsome and wouldn't mind doing it again since it had a different feel from their normal flying.

Emus looked around and smiled. "It's a pretty nice place you got there. Feels peaceful, which kinda to be expected."

Nysia was quite, studying things a bit. "How long has this temple been around?" She was geueinly curious in this kind of thing mostly because of her mother's influence.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:02 pm

Usagi shakes her head "I can't say. Whenever I'd ask, the Master would only say that it's been around for centuries and that it was our job to take care of it." she says "The Master is likely meditating, so we shouldn't bother him." she says as she motions for them to follow her.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:13 am

"I suppose it doesn't matter. If I had to guess from the looks of it and what you said, maybe as far back as the Feudal Era."
That had been a very interesting time in Japan's history from Nyisa's research.

Emus had noticed something, well not the first time but just never asked. "I noticed you say master, and at first thought it was just because like being a student. But thinking back I can't recall you mentioning their name even in passing."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:22 am

Usagi nods "That's because, at least to me, he's always been my Master. That's all I've ever knows him as and that's enough for me." she says as she heads to one of the rooms "If you like, you can use this room as long as you wish." she offers "Lunch is in a few hours. Why don't you put your things in here, and I'll give you the tour?" she says with a smile.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:39 am

Both teens put what little meager belongings they had in the room before going to follow after Usagi. "Do you guys ever get tourist or anything here?" Emus partly doubted it, then again you never knew.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:01 am

Usagi shakes her head "No. But we sometimes get hikers out here and some pilgrims who wish to give thanks to the Guardian of the Mountain." she says as she leads them somewhere "And speaking of which..." she nods to the shrine "Here's where you can do so."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:44 am

Nysia and Emus moved closer to the shrine, it was interesting because neither of them had quite seen a shrine like this up close and in person before until now. Of course they weren't sure how exactly to go about it, but going by experience it be similar to other shrines.

"Is offering's a thing for them like it is other places?" Nysia asked Usagi.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:49 am

Usagi walks over to the shrine "Like this..." she rings the bells, claps her hands together twice, then offers a silent prayer.

She turns to the others "See? That's all you need to do to give tha ks to the Guardian of the Mountain." she says with a smile.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:33 am

Emus thought it might of been a bit more but he wasn't complaining it wasn't more difficult, Both he and Nysia rung the bell before giving a silent prayer. He wasn't sure in general how he felt about the concept of higher powers, though this sort of thing he didn't mind doing.

"So did you ever figure anything about your past before you winded up here?" Emus knew Usagi wasn't the type to angst about it since she had her present which was a healthy way to look at it. It may just be one of those unsolved mysteries until they all passed beyond the veil
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:25 am

Usagi shakes her head "No. But I'm not worried about it." she says "If it were important, I would left some clues about it." she says.

She motions for them to follow her. She leads them put of the shrine "And here's our hot spring. Feel free to use it as long as you're both here." she says "The kitchen is this way, if you wish to make yourselves something to eat, though it's almost time for lunch, so I'll be getting it ready soon." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:55 am

The hot spring sounded absolutely divine to Nysia. She had never Actually been to one in her short life but it would be nice to actually try one out. The closes thing was a hot bath..which really wasn't the same thing.

She thought about it, and shook her head. "I can wait. As for the spring I'd love to give it a try. You Emus?"

"Me? Yeah of course." Emus replied. "This place in general has a really peaceful atmosphere to it, I can get why you like spending as much time around here."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:57 am

Usagi nods "Yes. It's very peaceful here. Though, it Can get a bit lonely with just me and the Master being the only two here." she says "So it's good that you two are here." she says, stopping as a sand garden.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:24 pm

That being true, then it had be pretty lonely for the master when it was just himself looking after the place or so Nysia thought. They had to leave tomorrow so they enjoy this while both of them could. The garden caught some interest in her. "It's really pretty, been at here for a bit from the looks of it."

"Unfourtnately, I probably couldn't keep weeds alive.Whatever the opposite of a green thumb I have it, sis is better though." Not that Emus hadn't tried, it just Never worked.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:25 pm

Usagi shakes her head "Aside from the occasional weed, I don't really tend to." she says as she motions to the trees growing all around beyond the gates "Nature takes care of it's own out here, thanks to the Guardian of the Mountains." she says. She seemed at peace when she said that.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:06 pm

Emus could see that. Of course he and his sister were city dwellers so they missed some of the things of this nature. He wasn't sure how it would have turned out to live in a more rural era . Still it felt nice thus far so who knows? Maybe he one day end up living in such a area.

"So, what exactly is the Guardian of the Mountain suppose to be? Like a spirit?" Emus asked the young woman.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:42 am

Usagi nods "Yes. He is the guardian spirit of this mountain. He keeps people from destroying it and protects those who are mearly passing through." she explains "And before tou ask, no. I haven't met him yet. Though I can feel his presents around at all times and it's, oddly comforting."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:04 pm

Nysia wondered how they even knew if the spirit was male or if they could even properly say they had a gender. It wasn't like she knew a lot about these sorts of things even if her knowledge on supernatural things was above the norm due to her background. She keep all this in her mental box for later. She should have brought her pen and pad with her. "Is there any other known spirits around this area?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:59 pm

Usagi nods "Of course. Can't you feel their influences? It's all around us." she says, holding her arms out "The Guardian of the Mountain protects them as well as people who come to the mountains." she explains.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:48 pm

Emus couldn't really feel anything unsual, but maybe it was due to him not focusing on it or just not used to it. Before he could say anything else, there was a loud growing noise like a animal was close.

..Or so it so it seemed. It was just coming from a certain young woman's stomach. "Someone got a bit hungry."

Nysia flushed slightly. "Maybe a little. It can wait." She mumbled. It came out of nowhere, she blamed whatever it was she and her brother were suppose to be.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:57 am

Usagi giggles a bit "Sorry about that. I guess I lost track of time." she says as she heads back to the kitchen "I shall make you two a small little something to tied you over until lunch is ready." she offers.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:27 pm

Emus thought about it, then shook his head, "I'm cool. Go ahead and give my portion to sis. I can wait until the full meal comes."

Nysia nodded, getting over her embarrassment. "Yes please. If its not too much trouble."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:30 am

Lunch takes about a half hour to make. It was rice, pickled plums, and grilled fish "Lunch is served. Sorry for the wait." she says as she finishes setting the table. There were only three servings.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next