Off The Beaten Path

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Off The Beaten Path Empty Off The Beaten Path

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:41 pm

Emus and his sister Nysia were currently tired from their training with their mother Tara where they had founded a more secretive and secluded training spot Tara had used in the past when they were active. Currently she was in her Transformed state at this point in time.

"All right, that's enough for now. You've both improved but there still some kinks to work out." Tara said as she retrieved her massive sword from the ground. "Like usual; what do you think you need to work on?"

Emus and Nyisa looked at each other before the later shook her head. "Not really sure. I mean, pretty sure we've done all we needed to."

"You two have. For the most part."
Tara paused gathering her thoughts. "It's more other things to improve here and there. For you Emus, you're very lacking in the range department and normally you can get away with it but against some enemies that'll hurt you." She turned to Nysia. "For you, I would try to get some more offensive abilities. Defensively and support wise you're excellent and you have a level head and work well with your brother so that'll help with most. You two are a long way from being on par skill, power or magic wise of those who used those devices but are making good progress. Keep at it and don't get discouraged."

"Don't have to worry about it. It's a marathon not a sprint right?" Emus asked his sister who nodded. "It would be pretty silly to expect everything at once so soon. And, uh, sorry for pestering for the training. I know it wasn't exactly your original plan or want. It's just you're one of the few that know about it and can teach us how."

"..Well to be honest I'd be more sorry about the last time. You know, when we went to Hyrule while you were out of town.." Nysia mumbled.

Tara sighed. "I Was upset, but I also understand why you did it. You already know I would have said no since I wanted to put that life behind me. But..I've realized, over time, what you want for your life doesn't always line up with reality when it comes to that. This is going to remain a rather dangerous world, regardless if you live a normal life or not, and we've seen that multiple times. You kept up your end of the deal not to regularly go looking for trouble and that's enough for me."

"We try anyway. Like we said though, we aren't going to actively look for trouble."
Nysia assured.

"What she said. If anything, unless friends ask for it or need it we don't get involved. It'll probably stay that way going forward." At least Emus was more or less sure of that with how things had been going.

After a silence and Tara having a hard to read expression, she powered down their Normal civilian form which changed from being some regal knight to a harmless, but attractive middle aged looking woman. She smiled, clapped her said. "Works for me. Now! who wants ice cream?"

Emus and Nysia had long gotten used to their mother's attitude shift when in normal form or not since they knew the reason for it.

________

Emus and Nysia had effectively a weekend to themselves this time around. Sure in Japan with how more work heavy they were it was one day, but they both called in by excuse/cover of their mother for the next day. It had taken some coaxing but after a bit of thought, she was for them going camping for two days. After all they could take care of themselves and roughing built character to an extent.

It wasn't too bad. It wasn't their first time camping so they knew the basics besides bringing what they needed to bring. The trip wasn't as hardcore as something like "Man vs Wild" as they brought supplies and the like, but it was definitely rougher then the normal city life which they were fine with. Nysia hated the insects of the forest though but she was doing her best to solider through it; after all what if she had to fight a insect like being one day?

Nysia was currently reading a thick book while Emus was carving something, well or rather attempting to since he was learning from scratch.

"It still feels strange." Nysia said after a moment of breaking the silence. "You know, with Taki beating the Overlord basically by herself."

"Is it though? Nixa have a long history together and everything else so it makes sense." Emus didn't stop what he was doing, but it was slightly annoying his craving wasn't turning out like he wanted; of course he was learning so it was to be expected.

"No I mean.." Nysia trailed off slightly to gather her thoughts of what she meant. "After what happened with Suki and Hiroshi shut down, us and Usagi picked up the slack. I guess, if I'm making any sense I kind of viewed them almost like a younger sister. Now that they did. I feel both proud and redudant. I don't know..its just really hard to put into words."

Emus didn't answer right away, probably because he had to think. "I kind of understand. I think its just apart of growing pains and growing up. A lot of things are changing so we just gotta find where we fit into things. Me? I'm mostly content and just here along for the ride. Not sure what's at the end but that's the fun part. I do have future ideas what I Might want to do, but its not concrete."

"Maybe." It seemed there was more bothering her she wasn't willing to share judging by her body language. "I think I'm just tired. I'm going to retire a bit early." She made her into the tent zipping it up and leaving Emus alone for the moment at the camp site. It was still the day time so there was plenty of time to kill before night fall.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Off The Beaten Path Empty Re: Off The Beaten Path

Post by Namey Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:50 am

As the two were going their whatever, a rabbit that looked like it contained the whole of the universe in it, comes hopping on over to the two. They would recognise it as Usagi's little friend, Bun-Bun.

A few seconds later, Usagi comes floating down "Hello, you two. It's surprising to see you in the mountains." she says as her gravitational field fades.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:56 am

Nysia was currently in her tent, but she was a light sleeper so she'd likely wake up knowing how light of a sleeper she was at times. Emus knew who it was of course before Usagi physically showed up. "Long time no see. We just wanted to get away from the city for today and tomorrow. Sis is sleep but she'll probably be out in a moment. so how have you been?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:06 pm

Usagi waves a hand "It hasn't been that long." she says "I was just flying around, after putting my master to bed, and seen your camp. So I thought I'd drop on by and say 'Hi', but ut seems you guys were getting ready for bed as well."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:30 pm

"Nyisa is, I'm not planning on going to sleep so soon. Not tired and I wanna finish this crude project I got going for me." He was referring of course his carving..it was hard to make out what exactly it was at first though.

"I'm up." A somewhat sleepy voice said as Nysia had came out of her tent. "Good to see you again Usagi. What have you been up to?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:12 pm

Usagi shrugs "I was just tending to my Master and studies, but since Taki handled the Oni and they've settled down for the moment, there's been nothing really to do.." she says as Bun-Bun hops around "So how have you two been?" she asks
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:30 pm

Nysia was partially distracted by Bun-Bun with her obvious weakness for cute things, if her room wasn't already a neon green beacon to begin with. "Just normal teenager stuff. School, grades and day to day life stuff. Really just sorta figuring out what we're going to do but that's really all young people and not unique to us."

"Pretty much. The only other thing is more training with mom, its going all right."
Sure they always lost against them in spars even together but to him that wasn't important, progress was. At least to him."Say, have you thought about going to to the same school down in the city? We'd love to have you around more but I understand if you're happy with how things are."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:49 am

Usagi shakes her head "As much as I would like to attend a normal highschool, I can't leave my master." she says "Besides, I find the peaceful live of the mountains, calming." she says with a smile.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:51 am

Nysia was slightly disapointed but she understood Usagi had someone to look after. "That's fine. While we're here we really wouldn't mind helping out in anyway should you two need it."

"Plus we're likely gonna do much tomorrow." Emus added. "Except mess around with stuff and probably go exploring a bit further out. There isn't any part we should probably avoid is there Or visit on the opposite end?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:05 am

Usagi thinks for a moment "The deep mountains have bears in them, so be careful." she says "Also, there can be areas of thick fog and some cliffs out there."

She looks at a pocket watch "I should let you two get some sleep and I need to gather stuff for tomorrow's breakfast for Master.' she says.

She walks a few feet away and activates her gravity field, Bun-Bun starts floating around Usagi as bubbly particles "I'll see about finding you two after my chores are finished tomorrow." she says as she takes off.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:05 am

Nysia and Emus could beat bears of course but neither of them exactly were eager to go around hurting wildlife that was just living their lives if they could help it.

Regardless, both opted to try to get some sleep for tomorrow since they both were going to need it for a day of exploring.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:56 am

Tomorrow was dismal! There was both fog and a light drizzle. Not to mention there was a breeze that brought a chill, which brought a feeling of unease and of someone watching them through the fog.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:22 am

Emus woke up earlier then Nysia did but both did not too long after because it was colder then expected not to mention the drizzle. Today was really going to suck from the looks of things.

"..Hey I don't want to sound paranoid but does it feel like something is around?" Nysia mumbled a bit.

"Maybe." Emus admitted, thinking. "It could be nothing but I rather not take chances with our experience. Be on your guard just in case, the thick fog doesn't help either." While it could be absolutely nothing with some of the things they ran into, neither wanted to take chances.

If rain got bad enough and long enough, they call it in early far as their camping trip was concerned. The good news is much of the food they brought didn't need to be cooked.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:55 am

It was around midday, the fog had gotten thicker, but the rain lightened up to a sprinkle, rather than a drizzle. The feeling of being watched had gone away, but only Just recently, as Usagi comes floating down.

"Here you two are." she says as her gravity field fades 'You guys were certainly hard to find in this fog." she says as she looks around "I've never seen it this thick before..." she mumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:08 am

"Yeah..I don't think its natural." Nysia started. "Aronnd the time the fog rolled in, we got a feeling we were being watched by someone or something."

"It could just be a coincidence." Emus countered slightly. "But if we both did and keeping in mind stuff we ran into, I doubt it is. The feeling didn't go away until recently so if I had to guess who or what is behind the unnaturally thick fog."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:22 am

Usagi thinks for a bit, before shaking her head slowly "I... don't think so." she says slowly "It could be, Because of the thick fog, that you were being watched." she starts "It could be the Guardian Spirit of the mountain. If there's a chance of danger, he gives people bad feelings, trying to encourage them to turn around, so they don't get hurt." she explains "At least, that's what my master says. So, maybe there's something dangerous up ahead?" she suggests.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:40 am

"It could be? I wouldn't know since I don't know the area all that well."
Nysia wasn't sure what though.

Emus wasn't sure about that, but he heard of stranger things so who was to say? "Maybe the Oni? They live somewhere around here I think, but last I checked the hostile ones were keeping to themselves for now. If there is danger around here we'll be careful until we leave later today."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:52 am

Usagi shakes her head "No. I doubt there's an Oni out there who can make others 'Feel' uneasy or can tell if there's danger close by." she says. She didn't like that they were trying to rationalize this. It took the mystery out of it "Besides, the Oni live on a different mountain and, as you say, there's still plenty of in-fighting amongst them to see who's going to take over... again." she explains.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:12 pm

"I don't pretend to understand, but if its not coming to hurt us then no point worrying about it for now." For all Emus knew it could be some sort of spirit. "In the mean time you hungry? We don't exactly have luxury goods but we don't mind sharing." He offered.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:21 pm

Usagi shakes her head 'No thank you. I had breakfast with my master before I came looking for you. However, we can go to the shrine and give thanks to the Guardian of the Mountain for watching over us, on this especially foggy day." she suggests.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:13 pm

Nysia thought about it, then nodded. "Sure why not. It could be interesting."

"Same. You ready to head out now?" Emus wasn't a spiritual person or anything but his experience had made him a lot more open minded about things that were out there.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:29 pm

Usagi nods "Okay, I'll take us there. Gather close by when you're ready to leave." she says. She was going to be using her gravitational field to carry the two of them to the temple she stays at.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:09 pm

Emus and Nyisa both put a few of the things they had around them before moving around Usagi so she could take them to see what she wanted them to see. It had actually been their first time in this part of the woods so to speak.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:16 pm

Usagi wasn't taking them to See anything, she was going to take them to her temple so they could give thanks to the Guardian of the Mountain for watching over them.

As the two gathered around her, she looks at them "This is gonna feel a little strange. But I assure you that it's perfectly safe." she says.

She activates her gravity field, which was bubble that extended about five feet from her and the three of them start to float in the air, like they were weightless "Okay, here we go!" she says as the three of them start off at high speeds, as if they were falling upwards!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:56 pm

Though Nysia had flown plenty of times in her transformed state, this new style was a bit..off putting to her. She wasn't really sure how else to put it, probably because she was just getting used to the different feel to it.

She could deal with this. Insects, especially big ones not as much. "So, uh is the guardian suppose to look like anything?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next