Laying Low

2 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Laying Low - Page 9 Empty Re: Laying Low

Post by Namey Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:16 am

Just as Tracy said, she put her things away and comes back down. She also noticed that she's Constantly having others protect her and, while sweet, it was getting intrusive. Something she Might have to look into fixing.

She wanders back out "Okay, I'm ready to get going." she mumbles as her breath puffs out in front of her, which was odd since it was the middle of summer.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:04 am

"Lead the way." Ava internally frowned at that, she wasn't entirely positive but usually that meant there was some type of presence around. Her instincts weren't yelling at her about anything, but she kept a eye out for anything..strange around just in case but didn't make it obvious. Elizabeth again perhaps? Though in that case she had recharged relatively quickly.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:52 am

Tracy gets the chills "Y-you think that ghost is back?" she whispers "I mean, Oka Did say she can draw energy from the environment and that's why it gets cold when a ghost is around. Right?" she asks "Um, you know what? I think, it's best if Ava and I went a head, you know, since the ghost is attached to you and we don't want to scare Cassia." she says to Devin.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:44 pm

Devin thought about it, then mentally shrugged. "Fine with me. I actually have to check on something and see how it pans out. I'll catch you two in a bit."

"Will you be gone long?"
Ava asked, but in situations like this she wished she could see spirits and such since it make her job that much easier.

"Not sure. Anyway, later you two." Devin planned on visiting Alden's orphanage and seeing if Elizabeth had been there as one of Alden's kids. More then likely the person in charge of it say it was confidential information but maybe, if he told them he may solve her case and he was friends with Alden and worked with him before they be willing to throw him a bone.

It might of sounded like a waste of time to some, but well, when on stuff like this you kinda just gathered as many little things as you could until it lead to a big thing.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:08 am

As Tracy got to the school, the security waves her through, but stops Ava. A reasonable precaution. Tracy was asked to talk to one of the teachers about Cassia. After about ten minuets, Tracy and Cassia come wandering out. The little one had a bandaid across the bridge of her nose.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, but this one got into a little trouble today." she says to Ava "Something we'll be talking about tonight." she says, looking at Cassia, who had a sheepish look on her face "But the good news is, the Hunters finished up with her book and gave it back to her. They have someone coming over with a special safe to keep it locked up in."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:51 am

Ava didn't take being stopped personally since they were just doing their job of being through competently. She did hope the others were doing all right in their own cases though they could all take care of themselves to varying degree's.

The young woman looked up to see Cassia injured. It didn't seem anything serious thankfully however. "That's good. The more percaution with that sort of thing, the better. Either way its good to see you again Cassia."

__

It didn't take too long to reach Alden's place, he hadn't stepped nearby here after the old man had passed on. Even now it really didn't feel like they had passed away. He knocked politely on the door and waited; here goes to nothing.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:19 am

Tracy nods "Well, supposedly someone high up in their ranks called this office and told them to give Cassia's book back to her." she says "They didn't seen Too happy about it, but they did so anyway." she mumbles.

Cassia looks at Ava "Hello, miss Ava." says with a slight bow "Thank you for taking care of us."

Tracy pats Cassia's shoulder "Come on, kiddo. Let's go home." she says as she starts off.

There was a pause. But the sound of foot steps could be heard and the front door unlocks as a Woman in her late twenties answers the door "Yes? How can I help you?" she asks.[/color][/color]
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:05 am

Ava smiled warmly at the young one, she always liked children. "Not a problem Cassia. But while I'm here let's just relax and have some fun." She didn't know if any baddies were specifically targeting Tracy or she just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Still best not to take chances, especially  with the little one there.

_____

Devin smiled a bit. "Afternoon. My name is Devin Lavouche paranormal detective and I knew the previous ownert Alden Glay which I worked a few cases on, we were friends."

He sobered a bit with a sigh. "It's not a social visit just to meet the new folks. You see, I'm involved in a cold murder case but I Might have a break through with just a bit of info here and there. Right now I don't have as much, but her name was Elizabeth Hale and she was murdered a year ago I think. I wanted to see if she was one of Alden's kids. I know its normally private info, but I need what I can to finally bring a murderer to justice and let a young spirit rest so anything that can help is apperciated it. You should be able to find cases I worked on with him stored away up stairs under 'Lost Maiden' files just to verify what I was saying."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:30 am

Tracy shrugs "Um, okay, if you want. We're really just going to head back to our apartment." she says "I'm sure we both have some school work we need to catch up on, right Cassia?" she asks.

The young girl shakes her head "No. Not really. I did all my work while I was waiting for you to pick me up." she points out.

"Oh, um, w-well I guess it would be okay for you to join us then." she mumbles, a bit embarrassed that She was the only one with homework to do.

The woman nods slowly "It's very good to meet you, mister Lavouche. You may call me Amelia." she says as she offers a hand "And yes, I know of you and Alden working together. I had read up on a great many thing about this fine home before taking over and, sadly, there were no children named Elizabeth Hale who stayed here." she says.

"I truly wish I could help bring the fiend who took from that poor young woman, what was most precious." she says, meaning what she said.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:35 pm

Ava was a bit amused by that part but didn't comment on that in particular; her school days were long past. In fact, besides Danny she may of been the oldest person here; she didn't know Devin's actual age since physical looks didn't say as much. There was also Han too she supposed, given what he was.  "On that note for a bit of a reminder what did you plan to do after school Tracy?"

___

That sucked, but he kinda expected it to potentially be a bust. Maybe he could get something good out of it at least. He briefly shook her hand when it was offered. "Thank you. I'll figure it out eventually. Before I go, I have a friend who is looking after a little girl. You see, she goes a schools and most of the other non humans keep to themselves. I was hoping after I asked them their thoughts if it be ok she could come here to make some friends? Having friends she can meet from time to time is important at that age."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:23 pm

Tracy shrugs as they get to her apartment "I was thinking of trying for an internship as either Ultra-Tech or Paragon Corp." she says "That's always been my goal." she opens the door and heads in after Cassia breezes in "Um, make yourself at home... sorry for the mess. I wasn't expecting company." she mumbles as she picks some clothes up.

Amelia nods "I'm sorry I couldn't have been more help.'' she says in a soft tone "But your friend's child is more then welcome to come over."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:16 pm

Ava shook her head. "It's fine. Just a friend coming over. If you need any help getting any together don't hesistate to ask." It was also because she was somewhat of a clean freak. She didn't try to let it get out of hand, though it had clashed a bit with Devin's devil may care attitude when came to his own space when they were roomates.

__

"Thank you. You take care."

Devin left after that back to his apartment, he was out of options and taking a nap usually yielded him with more ideas when he woke up. If nothing else he was probably going have to just wait for the sisters to get their rest in.

Once he was there he took a quick shower to wind down, though it did occur to if Elizabeth was hovering around him she might of seen him naked. But he didn't care if she did, he wasn't shy and she was unfourtnately just a ghost.

He got a idea. It was another shot in the dark, but he did know spirits could interact with a living person in their dreams. In what context though there didn't seem to be a set pattern from experiences. Sometimes it was just flash of memories, sometimes it was just a brief view of a love one saying goodbye before they passed to the next world, and other times even erotic dreams.

"Elizabeth, if you're around and you can hear me, I give you permission to interact with me in my dreams." It was a long shot, so maybe nothing what so ever would happen but another note spirits seemed to sometimes need permission.

Either way after setting his alarm he was getting some sleep.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:09 am

Night time came and went and the dawn of a new day was here at last. Kyoko and Han were watching the office throughout the night, since they didn't need to sleep, it seemed.

Kyoko was working on her tools and Han was reading a book. He seemed to like romance novels. The fact that they looked bored was enough to tell anyone that there were no customers throughout the night.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:47 pm

Devin didn't have any dreams or anything which meant either Elizabeth couldn't or didn't want to for whatever reason which was fine. He'd just have to hang around the sisters a bit until they showed up again.

"Morning you two. How did you search go the other day Kyoko?" He asked as he came to get situated. Matilda wasn't there but he didn't expect them to be here this early, same with the others.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:12 am

Kyoko pulls out her note pad and tears a page out of it "No sign of Jareth and, as suspected, most of the houses wouldn't even Speak to Chelsea, because of the incident with the Hunters." she says "But she said she had a few favors she could call in, but she needed to be alone to meet them."

Han looks up from his book "And to top it all off, we didn't get a single customer. However, there were a pair of cops hanging around not too long ago." he points out "In fact, you can see their unmarked parked right across the street. They stepped out for some coffee."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:03 pm

Devin paused slightly. "Cops came around here? Wonder what they're up to. Anyway get the feeling today may be slow as well, but its too early to say."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:14 am

About an hour later, Han heads on out and Aki and Oka come wandering on in. Both girls looked awake and ready to work, unlike yesterday "Good morning everyone." Aki says as she 'smells' the air "We must have Just missed Han, right?" she asks, still able to feel his energies in the air.

About five minuets later, two men come walking in. They were clearly the two the two cops Han mentioned, as one was wearing a long coat and the other a normal business coat. Likely to hide their guns.

Kyoko jumps up "Good morning! Welcome to the Last Maiden detective agency. How may we help you today?" she asks, cheerfully.

The older one in the long coat pulls out his badge "I'm detective Hammer and my partner detective Liter..." he says as his partner pulls out his badge as well. Kyoko taking mental note of everything on them "We're here looking for Devin Lavouche..." he looking right at Devin "You wouldn't happen to know where we might find him?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:42 am

Devin found the situation a bit odd, he knew he wasn't in trouble because if he was it be Hunters as he was one of the stronger non humans. Only thing he could think of they wanted to ask him some questions about something. "That's me. What can I help you two with?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:23 am

Hammer moves away "Zip, you handle this one." he says as he moves about the office, as if to stretch his legs, but Kyoko could tell he was looking for contraband of any kind.

The other detective steps forward "Mister Lavouche, let me first assure you that you're not in any trouble..." he starts "But late last night-" he says, but was cut off by Hammer "It was way early this morning..." he calls to his partner.

Detective Liter chuckles "Sorry, way early this morning, a case landed on our desks and we believe it may be of interest to you." he says "Would you be willing to come down to the station with us so we can go over it with you, maybe ask some questions?" he asks.

Oka, for whatever reason, was keeping her distance, standing close to her sister, while Aki was glaring at the two officers. Kyoko was completely stone faced, but one could tell she was working on many things.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:42 am

Devin took note his team was acting strange, save for Han. Could everyone but him tell something was more off then normal about them?

He gave a professiional smile. "That sounds interesting. Could I get to you guys in a bit? I just need to get a few things done first." Mainly talk to his team why they were acting so strange.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:13 am

Detective Liter nods "Sure. We can give you some space." he says as the two cops move away to the other side of the office.

Oka was holding onto Aki's uniform jacket "Oni-chan, Īe, itte hoshikunai..." she says as she peers at the two detectives "Karera wa kare ni nanika o hinan suru koto o imi shi, onēsan." she says in a low tone.

Aki looks slightly to her sister "Are you sure?" she asks her little sister, who nods. Aki looks over to Devin " Exercise caution. Oka believes they mean to blame you for something..." she says in a low tone, so the two couldn't hear her.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:34 am

Blame? Devin tried to think of why anyone would anyone would want to but was drawing a blank on the subject. Or did she mean they were trying to frame?

He motioned for her to follow him into his office along with the sister if she wanted, it was sound proof anyway for client privacy to begin with. "Ok, do you mean blaming me for something or framing me?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:35 pm

Oka shakes her head "I don't know about what. If I scan them any closer, they might notice. But when they say you're not in trouble, they're lying." she says in a soft tone.

Aki looks at the door to Devin's office "I sensed they might not have been telling the truth." she mumbles "We had best not keep them waiting, or they may decide to stop waiting." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:58 am

Devin couldn't think of anything, far as he was aware he hadn't done anything wrong and he did it wouldn't be cops. There were just things that weren't adding up to him. "Thanks for letting me know, but if I am in some sort of trouble I'll take care of it. I'll be back soon." He hoped so anyway.

Devin left the office going to the cops. "I'm done. We can go when you're ready."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:58 pm

As everyone files out, Detective Liter brightens up, Hammer was gone "Outstanding. My partner got tired of waiting and decided to wait in the car." he says as he motions "Right this way." he pulls on the door to open it, but it doesn't move "What the? Is it locked?" he asks himself as he checks the locks, it was unlocked. He tries it again, but it doesn't budge "What's wrong with your door?" he asks, his cheerful demeanor starting to fade a bit.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum