Second Arc

2 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Second Arc - Page 13 Empty Re: Second Arc

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:31 pm

"It sounds to me you just need someone smarter then humans to make a mystery for you." He said after a bit. "Or one of your own people to start writing them. I'm sure they could figure something out if they wanted to." He didn't know about the bad imagination quirk.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:32 am

Catherine shakes her head "Oh, no. My people wouldn't be too good at writing a mystery novel." she says "We lack a serious imagination when it comes to arts and crafts." she points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:24 am

Emanulle reflected on this a bit, thinking. "That might be another reason your people aren't further along as they could have. People think its just being smart that drives innovation or just nesscitiy. But a lot of times its just some people bored or have a crazy idea and ask themselves if they could bring that to reality. Its harder to do if the imagination isn't as big just to think what you can do. Still, your people are doing well for themselves so its not like they need to right now."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:18 pm

Catherine quarks a brow, looking up from a book she was skimming through "Please don't misunderstand me, but our air boats and the technology that drives them? Has been around for many thousands of Earth years." she informs Manny "We have been around so much longer than Humans, but we haven't even considered reaching for the stars, because they hold no interest for us." she says.

She puts her book down, having already finished consuming it "Though many don't feel it, I think meeting the Humans is a great thing." she says with a warm smile "It may just be the thing we need to inspire my people to start thinking and inventing again and, I think I like that idea."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:21 am

Seems he misunderstood a bit of what was going on, that was more on him since he didn't ask to completely clarify. "My mistake. I misunderstood a bit but that was on me. As for it being good for your people, I hope so and visa versa. Who knows what the further future will be like for both parties."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:57 am

Catherine thinks for a bit "I'm sure there's Someone on this planet who know what the future will hold..." she says "The First Son, I'm told, is a knower of vast knowledge. But, would life be worth living if we knew how it would turn out?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:41 am

"Agreed. Knowing the future wouldn't be fun, especially to tragic events in the future you might not be able to change even with future knowledge. It feels more like a burden and curse if you think about it. I wouldn't want it."

He knew she was referring to Jason. It was a infinitely useful ability but it was also probably a burden slash double edged sword. Emanulle wondered if they could even turn the ability off.

"If the First Son is who I think it is, then I know and been around them a bit along with his sister."

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:07 pm

Catherine's eyes go wide, her mouth a gape "You've Met the First Son and Daughter? That's extraordinary!" she says, awestruck "What were they like? I've only ever heard tales of them." she says
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:36 pm

Emanulle was slightly tickled because it was rather cute to see the normally calm woman so excited about something. "It's hard to put into words. Jason is a fairly private person and they keep mostly to themselves. What kinds of stories have you heard?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:37 am

The thing that Manny needed to realize, was that Jason and Christine were religious figures for Catherine and her people. Meeting them, was like a modern Human meeting Jesus.

Catherine thinks for a moment "I heard that they both were so strong that it's unheard of and that they both have a strong sense of justice." she says "I also heard that their wings shimmer with colors of silver and gold when the light hits them just so."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:23 am

That was why he would keep certain things to himself, since they were both important figures for Mystics. "That part sounds accurate." At least the strength part and such. Manny was more then sure neither Christine or Jason wanted to be put on a pedestal but knowing how people could get about religion he didn't comment on it, it have to come from them directly, he already experienced that slightly with Will. Not him.

"In the mean time, I think its about time to pick up Kisa." Time really did fly when you were having fun after all.

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:29 pm

Catherine nods. They still had about an hour, or so, until Kisa gets out of school but it would likely take them almost that long just to get to the school and even then, Manny probably has to pick up Michru from where she currently is staying "Alright. I'm ready to go when you are." she says as she outs her book back on the shelf.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:14 pm

It was going to be bittersweet tomorrow but he was going to look at the good side, and it wasn't quite goodbye and they would definitely see each other again. In the mean time, going in the car it was time to pick up their kids. "It's a good thing GPS is a thing, my sense of direction hasn't always been the best when going to new places."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:32 pm

Catherine nods slightly "I suppose so." she says "I've never had a problem with directions. I guess it's my people's natural compass, since we can fly. Either that or it's our good memories that can recall where we've been or what we've seen... Or it's just me who's good at remembering where I've been." she says off handedly as she climbs onto the bus that'll take them to Kisa's school.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:12 pm

"It's probably a combination of all three."
Emaulle said as he also got inside so they could get to their destination. "Tokyo seems to be just public transport heavy as New York, bit less cramped though."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:24 am

Catherine nods "I've noticed and with so many ways to travel, one really doesn't need to know where they are, to get to where they are going." she says as she flags down a taxi.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:38 pm

"True enough. Just never gotten completely used to public travel outside of a plane."
He much prefferred to have things under his own terms when it came to travel, but places like New York or even Tokyo it was at times just best to use the public transport then your own car and getting stuck in traffic.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:06 pm

Catherine nods as she climbs into the cab "It's still a bit odd to be flying in something that's made of metal and can still fly, but also travel over three hundred miles an hour, as opposed to Elysium's air boats and wingwalking." she says as she instructs the cabbie where to go.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:24 pm

"If I ever visit your home, I wouldn't mind seeing what riding on one of those airboats are like."
He was nothing if curious about other worlds and that wasn't going to change.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:53 pm

Catherine smiles at him "I wouldn't mind showing you my home." she says as the cab gets stuck in traffic for a bit before stopping at Kisa's school.

The young woman was waiting, holding up her phone, obviously making a social media post, which she wraps up when she sees Catherine. Then she wheels on over "Well, well. Look at you two." she says with a grin "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you two were doing 'Adult' stuff while I was at school." she winks at Catherine.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:55 am

Nothing had really happened, as Catherine wanted he'd take things a bit on the slower side far as that went. He choose not to really comment on the last part of Kisa's comment. "So how was school go for you?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:17 am

Kisa shrugs "Eh. It's just another day." she says "Though, my tutor says I'm making progress quickly and should soon be at a junior high level of my education." she says with a grin.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:43 am

"That's good to hear, you'll be where you want to be in no time." With her attitude and hard work, he was more then sure of it. Michru wasn't much of a social media person unlike many of her age, but when she bothered with it she was sure she use it to keep in touch with Kisa, besides the phone.

He gave instructions to the next destination, so they could pick up Michru along the way. "Michru doesn't use social media much, but it might not hurt to ask them about it when you see them to keep in touch, phone calls aside."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:52 am

Kisa nods "Me and Michru already exchanged numbers. We've been texting back and forth for a few days now." she says.

Catherine smiles at this. Kisa needed a friend her age. The poor dear spends most of her time making vlogs, studying, or in physical therapy. She barely has any time to Actually socialize with other kids her own age. This would be good for her when her sister gets back.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:55 am

Manny didn't know the extent of things with Kisa far as what she did during her down time. That said it was pretty obvious to him she was a good kid and having a reliable and loyal friend like Michru wouldn't hurt. Back when he was younger, it wasn't always easy to tell who your real friends were and weren't.

Thankfully, at least this time, picking up Michru was Much easier since it was closer nearby then where they were to pick up Kisa. The young woman was waiting for them, but seemed happy on seeing Kisa and the rest. "Hey Kisa!"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum