Arrival

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arrival Empty Arrival

Post by Namey Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:52 pm

It doesn't take long for the Great Descent to tow Issac to the planet Corneria. It certainly looked futuristic. There were smaller ships dlying in to assist the Great Descent with their cargo.

Arlin turns Issac and his ship over to them "They'll take you to the landing deck from here on out. Good luck." she says, contacting Issac.

There were two ships tractoring Issac's ship to a landing pad. There were emergency crews there, fire, medical, and even police. The two ships set Issac down and take off as well.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Arrival Empty Re: Arrival

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:10 pm

The question of what to expect when arriving on a new planet was always on the forefront of one's mind. Sure he had been on Acor and met Acorians but Cornerians were different in various ways.  Still he was always open to new things as he had to be when he was in his active campaign that required him and the others to be all different parts of the universe.

He didn't plan on staying too long, just to get his ship repaired and such unless something unforeseen happened. Isaac was grateful for the help so he'd let them know that before they left.

Now or never. Time to meet the locals. He thought as he got out once the coast was clear.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:39 pm

There were engineers on site to make an assessment of Issac's ship to see if it was a threat to anyone in it's current condition. There were also paramedics to make sure he was alright as well as law enforcement officials to take a statement. The problem was, none of them spoke anything that Issac was likely to understand.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:35 am

"I'm sorry I don't understand." Isaac mentally kicked himself for making such an amateur mistake of not asking if the people who rescued him could spare a translator device of some kind. He of course had one but it had been destroyed during the fire fight unfortunately which wouldn't have been As big of a problem if he had reached his intended destination.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:27 pm

One of the paramedics, a frog lady, holds up a small box to Isaac, and takes off an ear piece and motions for him to put the ear piece in and the box on his belt. She taps a few keys on her data padd, the ear piece feeds back for an instant "How's that, deary? Can you understand me now?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:24 pm

"Yes I can. Thank you." This was a relief and it made things a heck of a lot easier while he was here at the given time. There were a number of things on his mind at the moment though with all things of this nature it was best to tackle them one at a time. His old man had raised him and his sister as many things but rude wasn't one of those things.

"My name is Isaac Lacan, thanks for having me."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:09 pm

The frog shakes her head "Don't thank me just yet, deary. We have yet to determine if we're going to send yoy off world or not." she says "That would be the call of the Captain over there."

There was a German Sheppard looking guy who's name place read Crunch. He walks over "Okay, mister Lucan..." he reads from his padd "I'm going to be needing your account of what happened, as well as your Boundy Hunter's license, so I can verify your story with the proper authorities."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:40 am

Isaac figured as much but it was fair enough far as the young man was concerned while he was here. So when Crunch came over to ask his account of what happened, he had no problems with that.

"I was hired by the Galaxy Police to after a suspect named Gilar Heikas due not being as wrapped up in political tape depending on where they were hiding. It was going well, but unfortunately I did run into more trouble then expected and I unable to bring in my target before they killed themselves. My ship was damaged heavily before I could make a jump to friendly areas and I ended up in a dead zone part of Lylat space where the Great Descent found me."

"I haven't gotten a chance to but I need report back on the status on the mission if possible. Here's my license."
Isaac handed them his card as well.

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:57 am

The Captain takes his license and does a quick check "This will take a moment." he says "One really can't be Too careful in this part of the galaxy. Not with weirdos going arou d Claiming to be bounty hunters, only to be criminals themselves." he says.

His device beeps at him and he looks the info over "Ah, here it is. Hmmm... Yup. It all seems in order." he aays as he hands Isaac's license back "Now we know whom to bill for any repairs we do to your ship." he says with a toothy smile "Go see Warrant Officer Bowsmen over there and he'll get you all set up." the Captain says as he heads off.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:41 am

Isaac gave his thanks before heading to meet Bowsmen so he could get things sorted. One couldn't blame the captain for being extra cautious and making sure his story checked out, otherwise he wouldn't have been doing their jobs. The ship was pretty roughed up so he wasn't expecting it to be fixed too soon unfortunately. On the flip side he supposed he could flip it into a positive of learning a few new things.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:19 am

Bowsmen looks iver to Isaac "Okay, first of all, do you have any money or place to stay while on Corneria?" he asks. He was a very unenthusiastic cat "If no, then we will provide you one and if you have no money, we will also get you a part time job so you can pay for your apartment." he says, sounding bored.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:01 am

Isaac shook his head. "I have enough credits saved to get by but I don't have any place to stay right now. It's my first time being on this planet." He probably Should still get a part time job while he was stuck here, just not to waste funds just in case something unexpected happened.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:01 pm

Bowsmen shakes his head "You should know, Galactic Credits aren't worth as much in the Lylat system as they are around the rest of the galaxy." he says "So as much as you might think you have, it could very well Not be enough." he points out "Anyway, let's find you a place to stay." he says, handing Isaac a padd with a questionnaire on it. It has questions about what he was looking for, as far as housing went.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:19 pm

That could potentially be an issue, he had an all right amount to where he wouldn't starve to death but if it was worth a lot less then the norm that be an issue. The questionnaire was rather standard, meaning it didn't take him too long though he made sure to be through with things before handing it back over. "Do you know off hand what the exchange rate is off hand? I normally had enough to where I'd be all right for a few days but it might not be."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:32 am

Bowsmen thinks for a bit "I Think it's about 2.50? I mean, each CEC is worth 2.50 GC." he says "You'll have to talk with a bank to get the full story about exchange rates." he says as he prints out a small piece of paper and holds it out "In the mean time, you can head here while we look for a place for you to stay while they fix your ship. It'll take us a day or so to find what you asked for."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:43 pm

Isaac gave his thanks before looking over the address, he was curious of the temporary residence but he was grateful for whatever he could get at the current time. The money thing was an issue, but it was fine as he had been in tighter spots once before and still came in one piece so he'd do so again.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:58 am

The place Isaac was sent to was a half way house for the homeless and down trodden. There was a cat girl working at the main desk "Welcome. Please fill out these forums and we'll get to you as soon as we can." she says as she answers a call. There wasn't Too many homeless in here. A couple, mostly individuals, a mother and her child. What looked like a couple of brothers, and lastly, an old man who was sitting in the corner, in what looked like His spot.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:39 am

Isaac went to fill out the forum, it was a lot of annoying paper work but one had to do what they had to do. The people gathered were a mixed bunch to be sure, mostly those by themselves but there was a couple and a mother and child. He didn't see the other parent but could be anything and wasn't his business. It did remind him of something though.

After filling it out, he handed it to the young woman in the front desk.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:10 pm

The cat girl, who's name tag read 'Kitten', looks over Isaac's fourm quickly, then plugs the information in "Okay, so you're a guest in transit... she gets a keycard off the wall "Alright, your room number is 12. Breakfast is at 8, lunch is from 11 to 1, and dinner is also at 8. Light's out at 11." she explains "Showers and laundry are on the ground floor, your room is on the second."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:39 pm

He hadn't expected the name Kitten considering what animal she was based on since it was on the nose. Perhaps in their culture it was just a common naming convention? Certainly possible.

The mission had been a mixed bag, though definitely could of been a lot worse; it was better his ship then his health. "All right thank you." If the patrol contacted him again on a update, he'd adjust accordingly but for now he was going to take it easy until his ship was fixed.

His dwelling was about what he expected, which meant it was more on the bare bones side of things. Isaac didn't want to spend his entire time there, and if his sister had been present she would of encouraged them to be more social instead of a hermit. So with that in mind, he decided to head towards the bank to exchange his credits which also double as a mini tour around the city scape of the buildings and people.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:36 pm

Isaac was Easily bigger than most around, as most averaged at about 4 to 5 foot. Many weren't paying him any mind, as they had seen aliens on their world before. There Were some other offworlders about.

At the bank, there wasn't much of a line and a teller calls Isaac on over. She was a dog, Dalmatian by the looks. Her name tag read Sue "Thank you for choosing First Bank of Corneria, I'm Sue, how can I help you today?" she asks with a smile.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:35 am

Isaac gave a polite smile as he reached into his wallet. "I was hoping to exchange some Galactic Credits for some local currency. I had a few thousand saved away but not sure of the exchange rate here."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:12 am

Sue motions to a data padd "Okay, first of all, I'll need your banking information. Which means you'll have to fill out this brief forume..." she says as a questionnaire pops up "This just gives me permission to go through your records and lets tou know that everything we talk about here is strictly confidential on our part." she says, still smiling "Just legal stuff to cover our asses."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:19 pm

That was fair and pretty standard for the most part. The form didn't take too long to fill out before he passed it back. "That should do it. Just curious how common are off worlders? This is my first time being here." Left unsaid it was an accident that lead him here.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:28 am

Sue shakes her head "Oh no. We get off worlders all the time." she says "Most of the planets in the Lylat system are inhabited, so anyone Not originally from Corneria is Technically considered an 'Off Worlder." she explains as she puts Isaac's information into the computer "Okay, I got yoy all set up and you can begin transferring your Galactic Credits into Cornerian credits." she says "The exchange rate it about 2 to 1. Every 2.50 GC is worth 1 CC." she explains.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next