A Dragon's Arrival

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Dragon's Arrival Empty A Dragon's Arrival

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 21, 2016 1:21 pm

Village Theme

Barioth had been to this world for about a week, mostly keeping to himself and observing what was around him before he took much of any action. It was actually the first time he had been here, but since Espen had taken it upon himself to be here indefinitely and help this particular world he had to see it, for himself.

It did occur to him quickly why this world did need help. There were countless issues that could be helped with, not to say Noreal was perfect but between the two earth definitely did need a few extra things. Though he had to be cautious for a number of reasons which is why he kept a low profile for the most part.

He had been staying at a village in the mountains of Japan, one of the few places that still had more rural areas then the more advanced civilization that otherwise settled around it. While he knew it was needed, necessary even Baritoh wasn't too fond of some of it. He missed many of the great expanding fields, the untamed rivers and settlements with the lush forest around it. It was foolish to want to hold progress back as he had no desire to see his people life snuffed out the time the star that sustained Noreal went out.

In order to grow they had to expand and for the most part the races did a good job of advancing while paying respect to the nature around them. A small part him still missed some of the older days. His world didn't need Paladin Knights anymore,it seemed he reflected with a bit of bitter sweet sadness. It was a accomplishment their presence was needed less and less as the world got more peaceful and stable, but bittersweet in the sense he felt like a sword missing its sheathe.

"Ah. There you are."

Baritoh was interrupted from his thoughts by a old man in his late sixties with long black hair tied in a pony tail. Jerom wasn't Japanese but he did speak the language and had lived here for a good number of years. They were a former Hunter but quit due to age and a injury to their leg.

"You seem to be thinking young man, is there anything on your mind?"
Despite Barioth being older, in a sense he was younger if simply judging by race standards of age rather then numerical value.

"A number of things is all. I had been thinking what you said.." Baritoh was looking at the view before finally turning to them. "I think I would need to see for myself what these Hunters are like with my own eyes if its something I can get behind. If you're the representative for the norm I think it'll be fine. You have a whole village, giving some people   from different walks of life second chances where others wrote them off and all you ask is to pull their own weight."

Jerom waved it off. "It's nothing. I enjoy it and it keeps me sane and busy. I've never been one to just to sit still even in my older age." He walked closer, leaning a bit on his cane. "This world is changing rapidly, but that's not always a good thing. It can either be very bad, or very good for all involved. The Hunters could use someone with your kind of power and experience, especially with all the unrest happening as of late."

"I'm strongly considering it, like I said." He couldn't really go into the cities just yet anyway due to not having proper indentifcation which Jerom was slowly going about doing. Last thing he needed was worry about these 'Scanners' and get into trouble with the authorities here.

Jerom looked him over then nodded. "It's all I can ask. What you decide to do is up to you. In the mean time, there is something I need to do. Stop by when you're done, you know my grand children will ask about you otherwise."

Baritoh smiled. "Don't worry, I will. Just make sure you're well rested."

"I'm Not that old." Jerom chuckled once more but sombered mumbling under his breath as he walked off. "..But this world makes me feel like it at times.."

After seeing him leave, Barioth went back to watching the view. He had considered starting a new brand of Paladin Knights here but dismissed the idea for now, he needed to figure things out more and get settled before anymore big decisions. The Hunters from what he gathered put out the fires, but when it came to the people they didn't help soothe the source, like the Paladin Knights did for centuries when racial tensions and strife were much higher. It was true there were unreasonable groups but often times unrest as what he was told didn't just come out of nowhere.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

A Dragon's Arrival Empty Re: A Dragon's Arrival

Post by Namey Tue May 31, 2016 10:24 am

High above the village, there were two people flying at high speeds. One was a strange Young Girl and the other was the now infamouse Amadeus Mortrum, the self-proclaimed killer of Gods. He was chasing the strange young woman, who seemed quite eager to get away from him.

Amadeus throws a quick Energy Bomb at the android "If you would only stop and let me dismantle you, you wouldn't need to run" he says as the energy explodes in front of Clover, who says nothing and keeps flying!

"Souless automaton! Stand still so I may learn your secrets!" he demands as he wraps his wings around himself, disappearing from behind Clover and reappearing in front of her!

Two black energy sabers appear in his hands and he thrusts them towards the android! She tries to stop, but her momentum causes her to collide straight into Amadeus and impaling herself on his sabers. The force of the collision caused Amadeus to lose his grip on his weapons and both they and Clover go tumbling to the ground.

Amadeus moves his hand from his face, where Clover's head hit, sees his own blood and starts to slowly chuckle, which quickly turns into an insane high pitched laugh "I will let you go for now. If you survive the fall, I will take delight in slowly peeling the skin from your bones. Until next we meet, Tin Maiden!" he wraps his wings around himself again and.was gone!

Mean while, Clover had impacted about a half mile or so just out side the villagea and while the sabers had vanished soon after leaving Amadeus's hands, their handy work remained and Clover had to shut down while her body repaired it's self.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue May 31, 2016 6:20 pm

All the noise did catch the attention of Baritoh with his sharper then normal hearing; he couldn't tell what was happening only that something was definitely amiss around these parts. This was all but confirmed when he saw a small crater with a seemingly injured young woman.

A Mystic?

He didn't know much about them but it was obvious she was viciously attacked by someone but for what and why he really didn't know. They were also a bit exposed so in order to save her dignity he took off his jacket to cover her up and gently lift the young woman as he headed back to the village and to the local healers who quickly went to attend to them after ushering Baritoh away.

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:16 am

(I should note, that when Clover isn't using her weapons or flying, her wings disappear. She can keep them activated lile a normal Mystic does as well, however.)

It soon became apparent that the healers could do nothing to help the young woman, as she was not the type of person they could employ their healing arts on. Gowever, the,young woman's injuries were healing up at an amazing pace and,she,would be hully healed in a few hours if left as she was.

After only fifteen minuets at the healer's hut, the young woman's eye flick open and she blinks a few times, then tries,to sit up, but her wounds stop her from doing so.

"Ouch, I believe is the word most associated with pain or injury." she says in an even tone, as if not feeling any pain at all. She puts her hands on her stomach, controling her nanites and speeding up the healing process. At this rate, she would be completely healed within minuets.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:02 pm

Much to Barioth's surprise the healers couldn't do anything for the young woman, and further they seemed to be healing up already at a quick rate. That was indeed odd.

More so when he went to check up on them and they were already up but still bed ridden. "I'm glad you're awake, I found you injured on the outskirts. How are you feeling?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:09 pm

The young woman rubs her injuries lightly, then sits up and swings her legs over the edge of the bed "I'm operating at 80% capacity and raising." she says in an the same even tome as before "Incidentally, thank you for your assistance."

She checks the damage to her clothes, but there was nothing to be done about it for now. She looks over to Barioth "You haven't seen a may dressed in a red and black suit with a red long coat and black wings, have you?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:49 pm

Barioth found the way the woman spoke and the inflection in their voice a bit odd but he had seen and heard stranger. "It's not a problem. I couldn't in good concious just leave you there. My name is Barioth Valkian."

It was the last question that caught his attention and made him focus a bit more. "No. I can't say I have. Was that the person who attacked you?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:50 pm

The young woman nods "Indeed he is. It is only speculation on my part, but I believe he intends to dismantel me to learn of any secrets he believes I possess." she says as she stands.

"He's a very dangerous man and the odds of him returning to complete his original task are quite good. It would be best for me to leave and draw him away." she says as she starts towards the door to the healers hut.

She stops and looks to Barioth "My designation is Clover. It's a pleasure to meet you Barioth Valkian. Though there's a good chance that this will be the last time we meet, should I encounter the man in red again."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:07 am

"Dismantle? That makes you sound more like a machine." The wording choices confused Barioth a bit. From the sounds of it, Clover didn't think she could survive another encounter. We'll, that wouldn't do he still had his unoffical job.

"If you insist on going, perhaps I could come along? I know I may not look it but I'm not human and I'm quite capable in my own right. I'm from a race called the Draner, which are a type of dragon from a world called Noreal." It might set him back, far as Jerom getting him in the clear before he set foot out but sometimes you had to take risk to do the right thing if it was within your power to do so.

Of course, there was also the possibility things weren't as they seemed either and even then at the least he'd be able to properly asset the situation that way first hand.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Clover nods "That's precisely what I am. A machine. I'm not alive. I have no feelings, or emotions, or a soul." she taps lightly between her breasts "The area right here is not a heart. It's just lights and clockwork." she says evenly.

"However, I would not object to your company." she says "If the man in red shows up again, it's logical to have more then just myself to stand against him. As he is quite strong, from what I've observed so far." she points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:39 pm

"Give me a moment. I need to gather some things and let them know I'll be departing."

There were a number of questions Barioth had but it would have to wait, but he hadn't expected to encounter a Clock Work. Of course anything Noreal made in that matter could hardly do anything but stand there so it wasn't a fair comparison.

He came back shortly after. "We can leave when you're ready. What can you tell me about this man? Do you know his race? Any information would be helpful if we do encounter him." Barioth wasn't sure how long he'd stick around, it depended but he did plan on staying long enough just to.

If this woman who called herself a machine truly didn't have emotions or a soul he'd find out himself, assuming he was around long enough. Barioth was of the unpopular opinion your soul was simply your brain and your inner ego rather then the mystical 'you' that survived after death. Even if he knew such things existed.

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:33 pm

Clover nods "He's a Mystic. Not a warrior to my knowledge, but he's very powerful nonetheless and he's extraordinary bright." she says "And while I had not been able to take any medical readings of him, it is my hypothesis that he is suffering from a chemical imbalance in his cerebral cortex or hypothalamus." she finishes, as if would be obvious to anyone what she was talking about.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:29 pm

Mental issues then?

If this person found help, maybe they could turn their life around instead of what they were doing. Though he wasn't naive enough to think that would just come; and more then likely they would have to be forced to get help that they needed.

"While on that subject, can you give me a brief summary of your basic abilities? If we fight along side each other, it does help to know what both of us can do to better compliment each other in battles. Mine is rather straight forward, I have super physical abilties which grow stronger in my dragon form and fire manipulation."

Barioth had never bothered learning magic or anything else but every once in a while he did wish he had.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:14 pm

Clover shakes her head "I don't have abilities. I have weapon systems which were designed to emulate a Mystic's natural abilities." she says "Which are flight, mini cluster missiles, melee weapons and energy projectiles, to name a few." she explaims "That's if my weapons inventory is accurate."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:09 pm

That got a the gears moving in his head at her words and specifcally what she said at the end. "You don't sound sure. Would it be fair to say that man you encountered was your first time in actual combat or using your 'systems' for combat?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:26 am

Clover shakes her head "Your assumption would be accurate, hod I used my weapons systems. However, I had not. I simply chose to withdrawal, rather they fight an oppoenet I knew little to nothing about." she explains.

"As for my weapon's invintory and why I question it's accuracy, when I was acrivated, the lab I was in had fallen to ruin from neglect. As if I had been abandoned before I was completed." she says "Of course this is just speculation on my part, as I don't know what actually happened."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:34 am

"That's..troubling. From what I know the only people advanced enough to make someone like you on this planet are Ultra Tech, I believe. If what you say is true, it might have been a secret project." Maybe the earth governements were trying to make something that could fight Mystics, just in case they went rogue or they had more Outcast to worry about.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:31 pm

Clover thinks for a second "It's a possibility. Though, I have never heard of Ultra-Tech until just now. In face, there is a great many things I haven't heard about." she says.

Her wings form digitally as small ports open on her palms and her feet and she raises into the air as small, but powerful thrusters lift her into the air "I feel it is best we leave the area around the village to draw off my enemy, should he still pursue me." she says as she takes off, but stops and waits for Barioth.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:03 pm

Barioth knew going around in his other form would catch too much potential attention both negative and positive so he preferred to keep it hidden unless he had too. So as a compromise, he partially transformed but just focused on his wings instead of doing the whole thing.

He soon joined her before too long. "Then another heads up, if we head to the cities there's also the Scanners to worry about. They basically are police to check what race you are and where you might be from. You can pass as a Mystic up to not being able to being sensed so you should be fine."

There had been talks of making contact with earth but it was decided not too. However, last time he checked in on his home apparently some other world named Eldar wanted to establish contact, he probably wouldn't be there to see how that went.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:52 pm

Clover simply nods "I wouldn't worry about them. In all likelihood they get their information from a main source, probably a master information mainframe. If that's the case, I will intercept the information, rewright it, and resend it." she says "However, I will first need to gain access to the mainframe's codes. Which might be difficult." she points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:23 pm

"We'll go across that bridge when we find it." Barioth had a few other things on his mind but they were most general things in regards to earth; they'd come one at a time. He probably wouldn't join the Hunters, too much baggage and imagery associated with the name for good or bad. It was best to start fresh, but there was no other group that might suit him here was there?

In the mean time, he had a young woman to escort. "This threat aside, what do you intend to do after? Are you going to try find out who made you?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:47 pm

Clover shakes her head "No. Whoever made me is of little consequence at the moment. My main concern is why they made me." she says "If I were to judge this reason based on what I know so far, I would say that I was made to be a weapon." she points out "And if I'm a weapon, whom am I to be fighting against?"
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:41 pm

"I have a theory you were to be used against rogue Mystics by the governments or something along those lines. It would make a lot of sense but nothing is very..clear. They also simply could have based your weapons off a Mystic because it would have been a good base to start with."

Nothing was solid so they could only guess. "Regardless, what's more important is what you decide to do moving forward since the answer is something you may never get a clear one too. Perhaps when you get enough information of this world and enough time to mull it over, you can better decide what you want to do with your life." He suggested.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:00 pm

"I do not 'mull over' things. I use what I know,of the subject to make a calculated decision about my next course of action and then act upon that decision, if it is within my best interest." she says.

"However, given the data I have access to at the moment, I would have to disagree with your analysis of my situation. I have files that wouldn't be beneficial if I were simply an exterminator or even a peacekeeper." she says "Which make my existence even more questionable."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:25 pm

"Perhaps, Clover. Things aren't always what they seem."
Barioth didn't have full stock in his theory of things though, it could be anything. "Though you can't feel emotion, do you have a sense of touch, taste or smell?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next