Work And Play

2 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Work And Play - Page 2 Empty Re: Work And Play

Post by Namey Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:41 am

The problem with that was, Rish Shepherds were illegal to own on Earth without a special license from the Hunters. One of the many claus in the agreement they made with Noreal is that Everything that comes to Earth must be on the approval list before it comes here.

Danny shakes his head "Nope. You have something to do, We'll handle this." he points out to Devin as he ushers the young man over to his desk to take his information.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:20 am

As Devin left. he realized he didn't have the young woman's contact information so he sent a text to Ava since she was likely less occupied for the info he needed.

In the mean time he made a call to Larry for some advice on something, at first there wasn't a pick up then it clicked. "Been a long time, what can I help you with?"

Devin already figured he knew it wasn't just for small talk. "I need some advice. I have a client I'm trying to help, trouble is its out of my pay grade to deal with. They're dealing with some sort of spirit creature and I'm not really equipped to deal with that kind of thing, this isn't just some human spirit tagging along."

"I'll tell ya what I'll always say: No shame admitting when you're out of your element. I know you don't asking for help in these sorts of things and Hunters are sorta your rivals in this business, but in this case you have to figure if your pride or this young woman's health is more important. I'll look into things and call you back and in the mean time you can stay with them still, better then nothing."

About what Devin figured, but he had wanted to ask anyway. "It's been literally the second person within the same day dealing with a spirit problem of some kind. Once could be a coincidence, two is usually a pattern. I'm gonna let you go but have you heard from Cadmus lately?"

An snort was heard of the other line. "Not really, you know how kids are; they get a girlfriend and a job and they vanish. But in all seriousness, its good on them and beats them brooding thing. Anyway I'll call you back in a bit."

After that and getting a text back from Ava of contact information he tried to call the clients number, to ask if he could stay temporarily until a speclaist came in.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:17 am

Devin's phone goes off, it was Danny. It seems his case was about a vampire or zombie, more or less. The clients friend had died in a car crash, then a few days later he was seen walking around, right as rain. Danny would handle it either way.

As for Tracy, she wasn't too sure about letting a stranger over to her apartment, but she agreed. right now it was just her and with everything that happened, she didn't want to be alone.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:44 pm

Devin decided to bite the bullet, being an ex Hunter he did have some connections and since they were more out of the open it made it easier. So he called in for someone to take care of things but in the mean time he'd hold the fort until he or she came, but he leaned towards the later since they may be more comfortable with it if they needed to stay.

It didn't take too long to reach his destination, so once done he knocked on the door.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:53 pm

Tracy cracks open the door to see who it was. She wasn't in the Best of neighborhoods, so she had to be cautious what she did. She opens the door to let Devin in "I, uh, I didn't think, you woukd get here so quickly... or I would have picked up a bit..." she mumbles as she moves to pick up some scattered clothes.

Her apartment wasn't all That big. It was a small two room apartment. A bedroom and a bathroom. She had a small TV on a small dresser by the wall at the foot of the twin bed. The bathroom was off to the side, and she has a small fridge and a hot plate by the window and lastly, she has a chair by the nigh stand so she can do her school work.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:00 pm

Devin looked around as he entered the apartment, it was small but it did its job. "It's cool, I'm just here to help while I'm here. Can you tell me a bit about what's been happening?" If nothing else a brief report before the Hunter came in.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:33 pm

Tracy's face goes a little red "I-it usually appears when I'm in bed o-or in the bathroom... usually by myself..." she mumbles "When it started, it showed up, I had just awoken from... a terrible nightmare... something... about a school... I-I can't remember..." she mumbles.

Tracy shakes her head, clearing her thoughts "That night it was in a corner of the room..." she points "That one... and it just stood there, watching me. The following nights it got closer and closer, until a few nights ago, when it was Right next to the bed... it's red eyes looking at me... it bent over, right next to me and whispered... 'If you tell anyone... I'll bite your tongue out...' a-and it disappeared..." she recounts.

The whole situation had her really shaken "A-afterwards, it started appearing while I was in the bathroom, or the laundry room, whenever I was alone..." she says, her voice shaking slightly "I could, tell, that this thing, was going to do... something bad to me... I could sense it, each time, before it showed up... the room would get colder and the light's would start flickering or go out." she trailes off, noticing it had gotten a bit chilly in the room.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:51 pm

Devin wasn't sure of the things intent, it either just wanted to attack and possess her, maybe rape her or a bit of all the above. It was hard to tell what was going on a entities mind.

As she began talking, he reached into the pocket of his long coat and began pouring a bit of salt in certain places. It was one of the things he picked up or carried along the way just in case. There was some holy water too. Not nearly as effective when someone is trained to do it but better then nothing. "I know its messy but it should offer some protection, not as much as someone trained though.."

He was going to say more when the room got colder, ah wonderful their guest had gotten here. "Hm, we'll that didn't take long. Stay close to me but a bit back. It's probably pissed at me since I'm directly interferring now."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:22 pm

Tracy shakes her head "No, I don't think so either. It does this three or four times a day..." she mumbles "Like it's reminding me it's here. We don't have to worry until the lights start flickering. That means it's drawing power to manifest." she says "I did some research when it first showed up and tried using salt too... it didn't work..." she says in a soft tone.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:30 pm

Devin nodded a bit, putting it away. "About what I thought, this stuff doesn't work as well on stronger stuff. If this was just a human spirit it be different. The Hunter Should be here soon given what i said though.."

He trailed off. "Can it mainfest in the day light? If it can't the smarter thing to do is wait someone where there is a bunch of natural light."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:39 pm

Tracy nods "Yes. It can appear during the day, but it needs to be dark." she says. The lights flicker for a bit, but that was all. Even still, that caused Tracy to tense up "look..!" she says in a hushed voice, hand over her mouth as she points at her tv.

On the tv, was a message *Tonight, you're mine!*. There was a sudden, and sharp, not to mention heavy, knocking on the front door, which causes Tracy to yelp and jump!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:48 pm

Devin scowled at that, just like a bully. He went to check the door to see if anyone was behind it or just the spirit messing with them.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:20 pm

There was, indeed, someone behind the door and that someone had blazing yellow/orange eyes that were burning into Devin's soul as he looked out the peep hole. The representative from the Hunters was there.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:43 pm

Devin after a moment opened the door, if it was who he thought it was they were rather famous, or infamous depending on who you asked but some people would know them for different things. "Did the Hunters send you?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:55 pm

"Yes..." he growls as he enters the room. Mad looks around, while Tracy goes out of her way to avoid those eyes of his.

Everywhere Mad went, it got warmer, as if the shadow creature haunting Tracy was Actively avoiding Mad "Close off... all the windows... and shut off... all the lights..." he growls.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:18 pm

Devin had a idea of Why they were doing that but he never the less complied with the request since he was the expert in this particular case or at least his powers.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:25 pm

Tracy didn't like where this was going. Once everything was done, Mad turns towards the door and motions for Devin to leave. Tracy starts to follow, but Mad turns towards her "No... you stay..!" he snarls, his eyes had Tracy locked in place. She Really didn't like this plan and she didn't even Know what it was!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:35 pm

Devin paused just slightly before he headed out. "I know you can't say exactly what is without tipping the creature off, but can at least give a hint? She's understandbaly freaked out." Mad didn't seem like a people person, but just good at their job which he ran into plenty of those in his time.

He did wonder what had changed them so much from their street fighter days though..
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:53 pm

Mad heads out and shuts the door, locking it, before moving into the apartment next door. It was also blacked out like Tracy's. Mad stands over in a corner of darkness, his eyes were the only things one could see.

Mean while, Tracy was standing in the dark, freaking Out! She didn't cope with stressful situstions very well and, not for the first time, missed Dysis and his amazing ability to see in the dark.

Something moved in the darkness and Tracy freaks out even more as she fumbles for her phone. She turns on the flashlight and pans it slowly around. Everything Seemed normal and as it turned out, it was.

After a full Hour of being in the dark and Nothing happening, Tracy turns on the light and opens the windows. She was happy for some fresh air, if nothing else . She wouldnneed to have words with this Hunter fellow, you know, if he wasn't so scary looking.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:09 pm

In the mean time, Devin hadn't returned yet since he was out and about and getting a hot dog. The encounter earlier had gotten him thinking on a few things and while some were the same, some of it was new. He hadn't gotten anything from Ava and Danny besides the update of the case being a zombie or vampire but after everything no news was good news at times.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:55 pm

Most of the day had gone by without further incident, but that didn't mean that Tracy would relax. Mad was nowhere to be seen and a part of Tracy was thankful for that. He Really creeped her out. Since there was only one bed, and it was a twin, she needed to figure out how they were going to handle the sleeping arrangements.

Just the mear thought of a man sleeping in the same room as her, caused Tracy to blush and she smacks her cheeks to get her nind off things like that "Um, would you like to come with me, uh, to get something to eat?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:22 am

Devin was focused on keeping watch and other things just in case, though he was pretty sure Mad had did his job with the kind of reputation they had. He wondered what Danny and Ava were doing, but likely the former was on the case. If not that then one or both were at the bar, since the three did go together at times.

He was interrupted when Tracy came to talk to them. It wasn't a bad offer and he didn't want to seem rude. "Sure, I could use something to eat."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:21 pm

Tracy wanted to spend as much time away frombher apartment as she could. Because while this phantom was following her, it almost Never showed up in a crowed area. Besides, she felt she owed Devin a meal, since he was protecting her and all.

She stopped as a burger joint and got them both a couple of burgers each, with fries and a drink, of course.

While Tracy was getting their food, Danny comes walking upto Devin "Hey boss. Just checking in." he says in a low tone as he pulls out his phone and shows some pictures "I think that case took is leading to something big..." he says as he thumbs through the photos.

"The fellow on the left is the friend under investigation and the guy on the right is the once infamous hitman Ross Sylibus, who dropped off the face of the planet some years ago..." he says as he thumbs over to a close up of the two "No idea what they're saying, but it sounds big."

Danny notices Tracy comjng back and puts his phone away "Keep ya posted of any new developments." he says as he starts off.

Tracy puts their food down "Um, did I scare him away?" she asks "He was more than welcome to join us." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:09 am

Devin was really wondering what that was about but he really wanted Danny to keep careful about that sort of thing since he was potentially a mess waiting to happen. To be fair though, Danny hadn't survived this long being stupid so he wasn't too worried.

He turned to the young woman as she came back. "Nah. He just wanted to inform me on some case details since he was nearby. When a case happens he focuses heavily on that, it wasn't really anything personal."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:00 am

As Tracy sat down to eat, she thinks for a bit "So, how's it like, you know, being a private investigator?" she asks "It's got to be dangerous, right?" she asks. If her care was any indication, she would put money on it.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next