Opening Jitters

2 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Opening Jitters - Page 10 Empty Re: Opening Jitters

Post by Namey Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:59 am

Anita thinks for a bit "I have a few ideas, but until I do some more looking into, I can't say for certain." she says.

Regina looked a bit irritated "Oh for- It's a lighthouse. Come on you two." she says, suddenly "What else 'Lights' the path to safety when it awakes?" she asks "What you're looking for, is in a lighthouse. Go to one during the day and get the key." she mumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:09 pm

"..That makes a lot of sense. But I'd be lying if I said I knew that before hand." Monica said trailing off. "You don't think its dangerous in anyway?"

Emanulle briefly shook his head. "Overly cautious part of me aside, I doubt its anything too crazy by our standards." You never knew of course and they had even experienced some time mess but still.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:36 pm

Manny had No idea some of the crazy crap Anita and Monica had been through, so whatever was waiting for them at the lighthouse, she was certain they could handle it.

She starts out "Well, come on you two. Let's go find us a lighthouse." she says. They had passed one not too far off as they headed here in the first place.

Regina watches them head off, before looking over to Monica "What about that Ness fellow? He's a decent enough fellow and you've paled around with him plenty of times now. Enough to know him pretty well, right?" she says, going back to Monica's love life.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:37 pm

He did to an extent from what Monica had shared with him, on Monica's end anything related to Anita she kept to a mimum because she felt it wasn't her place.

Monica watched the three leave, the question made her pause as she thought. "Ness is a case of his own. But you want my honest opinion?" Of course she did, that's why she asked.  She went into the mood she used when talking to a client about the long term then""Ness can be very full of himself and a outright ass to people sometimes which are big turn offs. That being said, he's also one of the most selfless people I know, since he is always helping without asking anything in return.  He has a very polarizing effect on people, as you probably already know. You either love or hate them. Most anyway. That's because why he has very obvious good points, he has obvious bad points to like everyone else so you have to take it as it is. We didn't part on the best terms first meeting, but he did apologize for it."

Monica was messing with her sand castle she was working on with Michru, it wasn't the best but it worked. Michru had been better then she was, maybe it was the Eldarian in her. "Part of a long term relationship is whether you can deal with your partner's bad sides long term or not. Because of his polarizing nature, people either have a deep respect or sometimes hero worship which ignores when he gets out of line. Or the opposite extreme so they aren't credible.  I don't have that issue so I wouldn't but I can already see it being an issue."

"If I feel he's being an jerk or in the wrong about something, I'm going to say something regardless. Ness doesn't like being called out or corrected and gonna cause friction and us to bump heads. Even mild stuff can get blown up. I'm mellow, but we're both too strong willed for it to work."
She shook her head. "The best I can see is friends, maybe friends with benefits but I think a relationship wouldn't be good for either of us. Besides, he probably wouldn't want to stay in one place, he didn't even stay for Cedrick. Speaking of, its not something I'd want to get in between unless both have moved on by then."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:51 pm

Regina shakes her head "You must be thinking of the old Ness." she says "The Ness that had left a year ago is much different from the one you just described. He no longer blows his fuse so easily and he can now admit when he's wrong. Oh sure he still can be a handful when someone questions his intelligence on a subject that he believes he knows better about and he is Still, of course, very arrogant, but he hides it very well..." she explains.

"And while it's true that he Does help people and doesn't ask for anything in return, it does make him feel better when he's at the very least thanked for his help." she says with a wave of her hand.

"As for his wanderlust, it's a mental condition that one has little control over." she says as she makes little sand men to storm Monica's sand castle "The fact that he was able to surpress his urges This long really says something about his willingness to commit to someone and speaking of, Cedrick isn't above sharing, if you ask. It must run in the family." she says with a wink "You know, despite how she acts normally, Cedrick is Very shy when it comes to matters in the bedroom." she chuckles lightly.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:25 am

Monica wasn't convinced. "Sort my point with the wander lust being a mental thing then intentional, its still something you have to ask if you can deal with since its part of the package. I know myself well enough that I can't and it would cause strain."

"Does he still have those out burst where he's abrasive and rude to the point of pissing people off? There was a time a bit back he was like that towards a young woman named Alia and her teacher just for asking if he was interested in their school. It's not the only time he's done it, since I remember other times he's done it in the past."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:57 am

Regina chuckles "You ask that like it's a Ness exclusive trait." she says "Remember when We first met? I threatened to kill you and your friends and Cedrick almost Did kill you." she reminds Monica.

"Having an abrasive personality from time to time is no excuse to write someone off. It's a reason to work with them and try and sooth those abrasions together." she pointa out "As for his wanderlust, he may leave from time to time, but he always comes back, doesn't he?" she asks.

Regina waves a hand "Honestly, you're living too far in the past and are making Way too many excuses to try and justify not giving Ness any kind of chance or even yourself." she says, sounding annoyed as she gets up "Seriously, if you're so opposed to spending any time with a decent guy like Ness, I would suggest that man with the metal arm. Ask Manny about him." she says as she heads off towards her camp.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:35 am

Monica watched Regina go back to her area before she went back idly to her sand castle before focusing on her book after getting comfortable on the towel, she just needed some time to herself. With things like this it was only the person involved could decide, she was always willing to listen, she just didn't like things pushed on her. Give her the info and then let it breathe so she could think and it then it be good.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:42 pm

Regina was upset and an upset goddess of chaos was a bad thing. As evident by the rain clouds rapidly moving in. They didn't seem to be thunder heads, so there wasn't likely to be any thunder or lightning, but they Did look dark.

Anita noticed this as she takes an old key from one of her imps. They found the key in the light part of the lighthouse, but the opening was too small an adult to fit and Anita didn't want Michru to try for it "It looks like a storm is moving in..." she mumbles as she hands the key to Manny.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:12 am

Emanulle of course saw it, it Had been completely sunny just earlier so while it could be a coincidence it also could been Regina's doing. "We may have to call it in a bit earlier. Anyway, let's see what's inside our treasure chest.." He used to key open it, not having any expectations either way for it.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:49 am

Inside the small pencil box sided chest was a good handful of gold coins as well as a small handful of precious gems "Wow. This wasn't what I was expecting." she says as she examines one of the gold pieces "Well, it Looks real enough. We should take the coins to a dealer and the gems to a jewler and have them all appraised. They could be worth something." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:04 pm

"They're really pretty."
Michru was happy about finding some type of treasure, it really Did look like something pirates would leave behind in her mind.

"It does. It would definitely help with our financial situation a bit depending how much these things are worth."
Once Anita was done examining them, he safely put the treasure back so they wouldn't lose it or have anyone else see it that didn't need to. "You ready to call it a day with the storm or stay a bit longer?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:14 pm

She looks around, valuable as their find was, she seriously doubted that anyone here would be able to take it from them, not with the two of them here, still... "I think we should call it a day. It's still a few hours of driving to do." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:22 pm

Emanulle had to agree with that, made all the sense in the world plus if his sense of time was right by the time they were done with the drive it be dark. So best get it out the way.

As the three came back, Monica was relaxing but noted her family coming back. "Hey you three. Find what was in the chest?"

"Yeah, it was gems which may be worth a lot but we'll see. We were actually going to call it in, the storm and its getting late."

"Fine with me." Monica dusted herself off after standing up, making sure she didn't leave anything behind before they left.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:33 pm

After they gathered all their stuff up and pile into Anita's car, she does one final check to see if they have everything "We'll stop by a station for snacks and a restroom break before we hit the actual open road." she says as she starts off "And away we go."

((And with that, we'll close out this thread. All characters are out.))
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum