Did You Get What You Wanted?

2 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Did You Get What You Wanted? - Page 4 Empty Re: Did You Get What You Wanted?

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:00 am

(To also be fair, Cadmus isn't a normal Heartless and who knows the effects it had on Alice or of normal Human Heartless are just that way)

Ramona nodded a bit. "Alien, dimensional traveler or whatever it is, its your life. We just met, I have no right to pry in your business and privacy.

She got her com out and attempted to contact Jack; hopefully he picked up.

"It makes sense, Jack see's as your a daughter considering how old he actually is compared to his age looks wise." Natomi said, thinking a bit. "As for Manny..its a bit different why he's over protective of you at times, I don't think he realizes he does it or more importantly the why." She says, sounding partly amused. "If you talk to him though, I'm sure he'll understand. Manny is pretty mellow and open minded and Jack will probably give you more leeway."

As someone who was in the business of looking at things and being a people person in general, it was pretty obvious Manny had some feelings for Alice whether he wanted to admit it or not. She Also knew both Manny and Alice had a lot of..baggage from their past which effected them in different ways. What it was, who knows but she wouldn't pry for either.

Come to think of it, Manny never Once mentioned about Michru's mother. Just like Alice never went into why she seemed so sad at times. She knew some of it, due to Jason but she  doubted that was all of it since she had been traveling since then, so who knows what she encountered and went through since then. At the least, while her self-esteem and such had been crushed she seemed to be Very gradually getting better.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:58 pm

Ness raises a brow. Ramona's mood took a big 180. At first she was all nice, then after he corrected her, she closed down. A VERY common trait in this dimension, he noted. And one he was getting tired of. He shrugs "Whatever. I helped you with your troubles If you need me for anything else, I'll be in town for a little while longer, just send that pink haired girl to that cafe I was at before." he mumbles as he heads out.

He had better things to do then get caught up in other peoples drama. Especially if they were going to go cold on him after he helps them. It wouldn't be the first time he got stiffed for helping others in this dimension and he would bet good money it wouldn't be the last either.

He looks back to Ramona "You'll have to wait for your main computer to come back online. Until it does, long range communications will be out and..." he places his hand on the wall of the room and was silent for a few seconds "...If Jack is really in one of the hidden ninja villages, it would be best to wait about a half a day." he points out, then continues on his way.

Alice shakes her had "No. I don't think I'll be talking to Manny. I've been through enough drama for this lifetime. If things don't go in a direction I'm comfortable with, I'll just keep my distance." says slowly "Besides, Jack says inter team relationships end to complicate things and can possibly compromise missions." she says lightly, before heading on in.

She passes Marcen on her way to the base and the Zoanthrope looks over to Natomi "Everything alright with her?" he asks, sensing some hostility coming from Alice for some reason.[/color][/color]
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:12 am

Ramona was confused, she hadn't meant anything by what she had said still if their guest took offense she'd try to amend things. She caught up with Ness. "Wait. I'm sorry, Ness, I truly didn't mean any offense I was just trying to say your past is your own and it would be rude for me to pry as we just met. But I was in error in how I worded it, that's my fault."

Natomi wondered what That was about. She wasn't even suggesting they get together or anything, but it seemed like even the general concept got Alice defensive. Definitely related to her depression but she'd leave it alone. This was why she typically stayed out of these sorts of things.

"Not sure. There's a story to tell but its her own." She wanted to help her friend but if she pushed too much Alice might close back up again so she'd leave it be.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:56 am

Ness nods "It seems that misunderstandings among main characters are a staple for plot progression at times." he says then pats her lightly on the shoulder. Not wanting to intrude too much upon her personal space "I'll go see what I wan do to get you coms with Jack." he offers.

He already had a damn good idea on what Jack wanted from him and to one of those, he would have to disappoint the younger man, but the other reason, he could certainly take care of and he could do so now, in fact.

He looks back to Ramona "Who's usually in charge when Jack isn't here?" he asks, having a feeling it was a certain grumpy and untrusting Zoanthrope ninja. But he could deal with Marcen if he had to.

Marcen nods slowly "We all have our stories. Most aren't too eager to tell their stories unless they trust completely." he looks to where Alice had gone "And some don't trust lightly once they've been betrayed." he says.

He looks back to Natomi "Care to walk wth me on my way to on of the conference rooms? I have to file a report about the incident with the Marked One and the Hunter Alliance." he says.

"Did you now that not all the Hunters liked how the Alliance had handled the 'Problem' with the Nonhumans?" he asks "Most of them split. Some said they would handle thenselves, what the Alliance wouldn't and others just went into hiding. But, I suppose they'll come out of their holes sooner or later and we'll have to deal with them."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:35 pm

Ramona think for a minute. "I don't believe anything was officially said, but Marcen seems to be the case. We can go find him, it shouldn't be too hard." She knew Manny was a former prince but he was reluctant for anything leadership wise. Probably tied to whatever reason he ended up leaving that behind in the first place.

Natomi sighed a bit. "Always something. Hopefully not anytime soon." She'd worry about Alice later, no need to worry about something out of her hands right now.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:45 pm

Ness nods "That's about what I figured. No worries, though." He pulls a small device from his pocket, flips it open and it starts beeping as lights begin flashing on it. It seemed like a scanner of some kind and Ness was busy working on it.

After a few seconds, he pulls out his Starfleet Combadge and adjusts the frequency of it to match he links that everyone here uses, then hands it to Ramona "Okay, this Should put you in touch with Jack I can't say with 100% certainty that it'll work, since the shielding around this place is pretty heavy." he says.

Marcen shrugs as he gets a data pad "I would rather they move in haste so they could make more mistakes and would be easier to take down, then them building up their own forces, weapons, and coming up with a plan that's harder to beat." he says.

Alice walks past the common area and Sam notices. She really shouldn't be going out on her own, but they had no real right to keep her here against her will. So if she wanted to head out, they couldn't really stop her. That didn't mean they couldn't join her.

He wanders over to her "Heading out for a night on the town?" he asks. She looks over to him, as if disturbing her thoughts "Would you mind it if I were to join you? I find that this 'light duty' does not agree with me and I need some fresh air." he explains.

Even though she doesn't have any sexual interest in Sam, his smile could still melt butter and get any girl feeling a bit flush in the cheeks "O-okay...I could probably use the company..." she mumbles, avoiding eye contact.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:58 pm

Ramona looked it over, a bit confusion and something else. "This looks like the same thing from Star Trek But thank you." It looked Too simialr which led to questions but she held off for now.

She did find her target, Marcen and Natomi walking among themselves. "Marcen, do you have a moment?" She needed to introduce Marcen to Ness regardless anyway.

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:26 pm

Ness nods "Huge fan of the shows. I've been trying to recreate some of their technology. I got their combadges working and a part of their tricorder working. With some help from our not so friendly alien invaders." he says.

Marcen was eyeing him carefully. It seemed that this was the psychic that Natomi and Alice had found. He Really didn't look like he was as great as everyone was thinking. Still, being a Zoanthrope, Marcen knew that one couldn't judge by appearances.

The shinobi nods and excuses himself and heads over to his teammate "What's up? You didn't have any problems down here did you?" he asks, knowing that if they had needed him, they would have called. Besides, Ramona was more than a match for any of the bad guys they had here.

Alice and Sam were wandering around the town in relative silence. Alice looks over to Sam and seems like she was going to say something, but clams up. This gets a smile from Sam. Alice was so shy, even with members of her own team.

"So, where shall we head to now that we have both been liberated from the base camp?" he asks, making it sound like they were in a concentration camp."[/color] he asks, smiling at Alice

This causes her tempature to rise and the blood to increase in her face and cheeks "Um, I-I'm not sure. I just, needed to et out of the base for a while..." she mumbles, still not looking Sam in the eyes.

"Well don't You two look like the cozy couple." says the familiar voice of Lexica from behind Alice and Sam!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:13 pm

(Should mention, if its a new pic of Alice, the pic isn't working)

Natomi was a bit curious about one thing. "Uh I'm sorry..I don't know what Star Trek is."

Ramona gave the younger woman a sympathetic look as if she had asked about what ice cream was for the first time. She patted them on the shoulder. "We'll fix that later. And no, everything went fine. I wanted to introduce our guest, though I know you met him already Natomi."

"It's fine, I mean I don't think getting to know someone there is the best way. Even if that's how many sitcoms start with meeting people." Natomi joked weakly.

"......"

"....."

"I think..some things are best left to Buddy." Ramona said in the most polite way possible to her young friend, far asfthe off tilt humor went. "Anyway, I'm going to try to contact Jack. If it works, it works."

She then went slightly to the side, in an attempt to contact Jack.

Kobe had chosen to walk alone tonight, though his friend and partner ninja was at home; having gotten drunk she was passed out by a hang over. The slightest noise would have her ears ringing so he opted to go grab some medicine for his friend. Tonight was peaceful and luckily, thus far there were no crazies or battles going about. Still that could change at any given moment, considering the nature of Tokyo. It seemed prone to chaos.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:12 am

Marcen said nothing, waiting for Ramona to introduce their guest, but instead she wanders off, trying to contact Jack with a highschool kid's toy prop.

Ness, for his part, ignores Marcen's glaring and looks to Ramona "It works just like on the show. You simply tap it and say who you want to talk to." he says to her.

He looks back to the others "Well, since our hostess is busy with more pressing matters, I shall do the honors. I'm Ness. I assume you're Marcen." he says "And this lovely young woman is Natomi, the one who lead me to your charming abode." he says.

The last part gets a frown from Marcen and Ness notices "Now, now. Don't go blaming her. If it helps, I always knew where you guys were." he says. "So, why am I Really here? I know it's not to probe the mind of the young lady currently resting in your med bay." he states.

Marcen nods "No, it's not. I believe Jack, our boss and leader, would like to offer you a place among our ranks. But, I've seen that look in your eyes before and know you won't accept." he says, which gets a nod from Ness.

"So instead, I would like to ask your help in another matter, I would like some information on a member of our team's past. Specifically the nature and origin of her powers." he says, obviously he was talking about Alice.

Sam and Alice both turn to face the Nobody, Alice getting some cards and was ready to attack. But Sam places a calming hand on her shoulder "It is clear that you did not come here to fight us, or you would have attacked when we were unaware of you." he points out in a cool tone "So what is it that you want?" he asks.

Lexica nods slowly "You are a smart one. No, I'm not here to fight. Would you believe that I just Happen to be walking around and ran into you two?" she says.

Sam chuckles good naturedly "Unlike some of my fellow teammates, I completely believe in coincidence and happenstance. If you are not here to fight, would you care to join us?" he asks.

Lexica frowns "Join a group of goody-goodies? No thanks. I'm content where I am." she says in a gruff tone.

This causes Sam to laugh "No, my dear. I meant join me and Alice. We were simply out for a walk." he says.

Lexica's face was unreadable as she focuses on Alice "I will walk with you. Not with her. If you wish me to come along with you, She needs to go." she states.

There was No way Alice was going to leave Sam alone with this empty Monster. A sudden thought gave Alice's rage pause, Lexica is a Nobody, so how come Alice didn't feel her around?
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:19 pm

Natomi glanced at Marcen. "Alice, you mean? Why are we still trying to find the origin of her powers now still? That aside, I'm not sure if its a good idea. She has trust and other issues as is. We're suppose to be her friends." True it was somewhat the samething before, but that had been when she had been in a coma so they kinda had to do something. Now that it wasn't the case she wasn't sure.

Considering Alice acted a bit out earlier over something minor, she didn't want to Think how she'd react to something actually noteworthy.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:20 am

Marcen looks over to Natomi "Her power is a danger to herself and possibly others. Everytime she over uses it, she looks worse and worse. Plus there's the fact that they put her into a coma for whatever reason." he points out "What kind of friends would we be if we just left things as they were, instead of trying to help her?" he asks.

Ness holds up a hand "Hold up. Whatever your reasons, I take it she doesn't know about this and if that's the case, I have to decline. It would be a massive invasion of privacy." he says "Besides, even If you were to take full responsibility for it, going behind your bosses back and ignoring the advice of your fellows, doesn't make for good team building." he points out.

Marcen frowns "So you won't help. Even if it means the life of innocent people, our teammate included?" he asks.

Ness nods "I'm willing to help, but if you want a reading on the subject in question, you'll need her permission. Otherwise, my hands are tied. If she has any medical problems, I Am a doctor, among other things, so I could look at her charts, or that of anyone here, and give you my advice about that, even if I can't go into specifics about their case." he says "Hypocritical oath and all." he shrugs.

This was Somewhat good news, but with Buddy offline for the next few hours, he didn't have access to Alice's medical records "It's something to consider. Can you hang around for a few hours until our main computer comes back online?" he asks.

Ness checks his watch, then nods "Yeah. But I have to call my people and let them know what's up. I Did just comes from hanging out with a friend to here, after all." he points out as he pulls out a cell.

Ramona was successful in getting a hold of Jack and wile He couldn't come back for a few days, he would send Manny back, who would arrive in the morning, if not sooner, depending on how fast he flew the Quinjet back.

Alice was content in staying behind. She had things she needed to think abut. She it was times like these she wished some of her old Heartless companions were o hand. She needed to know why she didn't sense Lexica, when the Nobody was practically on top of her and Sam. She didn't even know how to contact them, should she ever have need of them.

Lexica was still glaring in Alice's direction as her and Sam wander off "You really do not like her, do you? May I ask why that is? Sam asks.

Lexica shifts a bit uncomfortably, much like how Alice does "Because of what I am I'm empty inside, or so they tell me. And in order to become a whole person, I need to kill her. Once she's gone, whatever makes up her as a Heartless will go to me, making me a full person." she explains, not making eye contact.

It was amazing how much the two were alike. Still, Sam was surprised how easily she offered the information "Am I to assume that you received this information from the group you are currently with?" he asks and she nods "I should tell you, We, my team and I, have it on very good authority that they are Not very good people to be hanging around with and they mean to harm you and Alice, if they  get a hold of her," he says.

Lexica nods slowly "I know of this and if tit helps me become an actual person and not this empty, hollow existence, I'm willing to put up with them..." she says in a soft voice.

This gets a frown from Sam " know you probably won't accept, but me and my team can help both you And Alice become full, and real people. If you are willing to trust us and unlike your current team, we would never do anything to hurt you." he says to her.

At this, Lexica looks over to Sam "Alice, wants to be a full person too?" she asks "That's something I find hard to believe. she enjoys the power she has, being a Heartless and..." she looks at her hands "...Whatever else we both are..." she mumbles.

Sam was about to say something when Lexica suddenly looks him in the eyes, she has startling red eyes that were hauntingly empty of anything one would call a soul "Listen to me, you can Not trust Alice. When we were created, everything, personality wise, was divided between the two of us. I got all of the original's good and positive feelings and emotions, even if I can't really use them, and Alice got everything negative! Don't trust her" she hisses.

This causes Sam to pause a bit, not knowing if it were true or a trick to divide them and drive them apart "Listen, I know you're suspicious of me, but you and your team are good people who don't deserve what she could do to you if she ever lost control of gave in to the madness inside of her. Which is why I will Think about your offer...F-for you...You were he only one who...had ever treaded me like a person...thank you..." she mumbles, then disappears in a swirl of darkness.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:39 am

Natomi was relieved at that. That had been a potential disaster in the making if Alice somehow found out which would probably make her emotionally off balanced.

"I apologize." Ramona said as she came back. "The bad news is Jack can't come just yet, but Emanulle should be back shortly."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:31 am

Ness nods "Okay, so once Manny gets here, what then?" he asks "If I'm not gonna spy on anyone and you already know I'm not gonna join your team, why am I still here an what else do you need me here for?" he asks.

Marcen shakes his head and shrugs "I have no clue. You can leave whenever you want. It's not like you're our prisoner or anything." he says.

Ness nods "If that's the case, I'm gonna bounce. Catch y'all later." he says,gets his combadge back from Ramona and heads out.

He gets to the entrance just as Alice and Sam get back. Sam has his usual happy face on, while Alice looks glum, so everything is as usual. "You should smile more. A face as pretty as your wasn't made for frowning." Ness says as he heads out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:49 am

Ramona had a feeling Ness wouldn't join, it was a shame but he had his own life to live. If they were lucky, just maybe another pshyic would join them but she doubted it. The half Goddess excused herself to check on Jerod and her children.

Natomi spied the two coming back, Alice was still down; she wished that girl smiled for once. "Welcome back you two. You didn't miss much."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:35 am

Sam nods "Ah, I suspected that was the case. Still, it is good to be back. Despite everything that has recently happened, this place still feels safe" he says with a smile.

Alice walks past everyone "I'm not feeling well. I'm going to head to my room for a bit." she mumbles as she wanders off.

Marcen watches her go, then looks to Samuel "Did something happen while you two were out? She seemed fine before then and now." he points out.

After Alice was out of sight and for sure out of ear sot, Sam nods "It's ironic you should say that..." he says, then he recounts his encounter with Lexica and wat she said to him.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:01 am

Natomi was silent, then spoke up. "It sounds to me like its a classic divide and conquer strat. Or she just believes that, but Alice hasn't shown any signs of being unstable and I'm not going to treat her any different." The only thing that came close is when she got overly defensive that one time but that could be explained by her past.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:56 am

Samuel nods "Indeed. She hadn't always been the easiest to get along with, but I do not believe she would ever hurt any of us." he says "In fact, she saved me. Would someone who was evil do that? I do not believe so."

Marcen nods "And I have no intentions of treating her differently either, but we can't simply ignore a possible threat. We should keep her under observation until we know for sure." he suggests "And keep in mind, just because she's not a bad person, doesn't mean she couldn't inadvertantly do bad things and not even know it." he points out.

The emergency lights shut off just as the normal lights come back on, which means Buddy is back online. A few hours sooner then he said he would be. Ness comes walking back to the group "I got your main computer back online. In the future, if it goes out again, there's an override by the main computer core. Push it and it'll reboot the system" he explains. He could Feel the tension in the air here, which meant it was time for him to leave.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:07 pm

Natomi could only speak for herself but she wasn't tense or bothered, she had just thought it was a conversation between adults in light of the new revealed information. Personally though, the converstion from Natomi was a forgone conclusion. Her mind was made up.

She turned to Ness. "Thank you, we really apperciate it since you didn't have to help at all."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:58 am

Ness nods "I know I didn't have to help. But since I already did, by stoping that one-armed psycho with the missing eye, I might as well get your main computer back up." he says simply.

"Hey, this 'Main Computer' Has a name, It's Buddy! Try not to forget it on your way Out, intruder!" the irate main computer says as some high tech drones come flying into the room, counter intrusion measures armed.

Ness pays them little mind and Marcen holds up a hand "Calm down, Buddy. This is the psychic that Jack wanted us to find. We would have informed you before he brought him into the base, but you Were off line for a bit." he points out.

The drones go flying back to where ever they had come from "Yeah, well...I Suppose you have a point. Alright, I'll leave him alone for now. But keep this guy away from my buttons!" Buddy says, then falls silent.

Sam was watching Ness's reaction "It would seem this is not the first time you have encountered a hostile artificial intelligence" he points out, then holds out his hand "My name is Samuel. It's good to finally meet the man causing such a stir around here." he says, good naturedly.

Ness chuckles and shakes Sam's hand "Causing trouble is usually what I do for my enemies and helping people is normally what I do, or try to do. Name's Ness, by the way." he says. He looks at Sam after he takes his hand back, the Zoanthrope has a strong, but friendly grip "Not to be a buzz kill or anything, but did you know you're dying?" he asks Sam.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:12 am

Natomi blinked, not sure she heard right. "What do you mean?" She didn't remember Sam having a terminal illness and he hadn't mentioned it. It was possible he kept it to himself but she wasn't sure. The only other explaination is he hadn't come back exactly right when Alice revived him.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:49 am

Samuel nods slowly with a sigh "Yes. I figured that was the case. I could...feel my energy ebbing away, as the seconds ticked on." he says as Ness pulls out a device from his pocket and flips it open. A small scanning rod flips out from the side and Ness sweeps it over Sam.

"Is that some kind of scanning device?" Marcen asks and Ness mearly nods as he studies the information he was getting back from the device.

After a bit, he flips it closed and puts it away"Okay, according to my information, and judging by the decay rate of your energy, you'll run out of usable energy in about four years and seven months." he says simply, as if giving a status report and not telling a person they have less then five years to live.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:24 am

"Is there anything we can do?" Natomi wondered if Jack knew about this already but he might not of kept it a secret, unless he didn't know how to fix it so he kept it under wraps not to get group morale down at a friends impending doom. Not to mention Alice illness messing up when she got overly emotional if that was the case, she could understrand grudginly.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:08 am

Marcen knew there had to be some side effects to bringing someone back to life. But if this only gave Samuel less then five years to live, what had it done to Alice? Could it be the reason she's tired all the time now?

Ness nods "Oh yeah. There are plenty of ways to bring a person back to life on this planet. The problem is, finding them or getting to use them" he says simply.

"Like the Dragon Balls? We were told they could grant any wish we wanted. But we had to fight the guardian of the Earth to use them." Marcen points out.

Ness shakes his head "No. While it's true that the Dragon Balls could help Sam here, you don't need to fight Kami, you need to Beat him. And believe me, he's one of the strongest in the known universe." he states.

Marcen frowns "So if none of us can beat him, how do we use them?" he asks.

Ness shrugs "You don't. But like I said, there are Plenty of ways to bring someone back to life on this planet and even some that aren't On this planet. For instance, the Dragon Balls aren't exclusive to Earth." he says.

"Plus, there's the Tri-Force, a good old fashion resurrection spell (which I know), calling forth the help of a deity (which I can do), and Many others. I can record Sam's thought pattern ot a computer and make an android body for him and he'll be exactly like he is now. Just to name some other options." he shrugs, as if it wasn't a big deal.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:40 pm

Natomi after a minute, turned to Sam. "It's your call since its your life. You can talk to them about the options listed or if they have more."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next