Did You Get What You Wanted?

2 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Did You Get What You Wanted? - Page 8 Empty Re: Did You Get What You Wanted?

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:41 am

Natomi was up and about, Ramona's family was as was Manny but Michru was still asleep for now. The later decided to go seek out Jack since he needed to talk to them in the first place.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:23 pm

Jack was, of course, ni the gym working out. He was on the bench pressing over fifteen tons like it was nothing. He looks over to Emanulle "Hey Manny!" he racks the weights, which shut down as soon as they land in the cradle, and Jack jumps up "Here to get a good workout in?" he asks as he heads over to a different workout machine.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:19 am

"No thank you." Emanulle said politely, he had gotten used to Jack being that strong so it wasn't as surprising anymore. "I had wanted to talk you since you came back. After a lot of mulling things over and giving this a second chance, I don't think its the best thing for me and Michru. More importantly, if anything happens to me in a dangerous job like this I don't have my family here anymore. I don't want to risk putting her though that."

"I'm terribly sorry Jack since I only recently came back, but I have to do what's best for them and me. I don't want to leave you guys hanging so I'm willing to stay until a replacement is found. Natomi has mentioned some friends that were interested in joining, you'll have to inverview them to see. But with the kind of person Natomi is, I'm fairly confident her friends will be fine."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:41 pm

Jack listens to Emanulle with a blank look on his face and when he finishes up, Jack simply nods "I understand. You need to do what's right for your daughter. I once made the same call myself. But it didn't turn out very well. Make sure you talk to her and clearly let her know what she'll be losing and weigh that against doing what the effects of losing an environment she clearly feels safe in and has friends, to doing what you believe is the right hing for her." he says "I messed up with my family because I did what I felt was right At the Time. I wouldn't want you to make the same mistake as I did." he points out.

He heads over to another machine and turns it on "Take your time to truly decide if this is really the best thing fo Michru. If you feel it is, then I'll wish you both nothing but the best, and if you decide staying is best for her, you can bet that me and the others on the team will do all in our considerable power to make sure she keeps her dad. If nothing else, you can stay on the team, but work from the base. An extra support member Here, would help out a lot when patrolling or fighting baddies, then another person out on the field." he says.

He starts lifting some heavier weights "Like I said, take your time and decide if this is Really the best thing for your daughter. Nothing will be lost in a few extra days to make up your mind" he points out. He would have to call Mondo and see if he would be willing to step in until they could find some new members, should Manny leave.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:43 pm

Emanulle nodded a bit. "That's fair. I'll give it a few more days and then get back to you. But what exactly would I even be doing if I decided to work from the base?" He wasn't sure where his skills would come in handy with things but there was probably something.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:12 am

Jack thinks for a bit "You would be our support. For certain missions, you would be the Most important member on the team. An infiltration mission, you would need to hack into the enemy systems and be the 'eye in the sky', as it were. Most of the time, you will be our dispatch fo when we're out in the field, giving us directions, watching our backs, or even calling in other team members if one of us should need help." he explains "Support and dispatch are very important in our line of work. From the control monitor, you can solve many problem even before we can. If you see someone in trouble, you can contact emergency crews before we can even get there." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:34 am

That sounded reasonbale, he could do something along those lines if he really needed too and wasn't in the way. That would solve the most important issue of things..though he would need some time away from here when things slowed down. He kinda felt stir crazy.

"I'll think about it. Thank you for that, I'm going to grab something to eat for the day." It was hard to say what kind of day it would be; far too early.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:07 pm

The good thing about the team was that one didn't Need to spend every moment in the base. The were free to come and go whenever they felt like it. Case in point with Marcen, who was out all night and when he Did finally come back, he went straight to Buddy.

He finally comes walking out of the conference room after an hour with the computer. He heads straight for the kitchen, as his target was there. And indeed, Samuel was in the kitchen, making breakfast for everyone.

He looks up, seeing Marcen "Ah. I see you have something on your mind you wish to talk with me about." he says, then slides a plate of pancakes with bacon and eggs over to him "Eat first. Bad news improves on a full stomach."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:41 am

Emanulle noted Marcen come back, it wasn't uncommon for him to be gone for the night. Pretty much everyone was there, save for Natomi oddly enough and of course Michru who wasn't there.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:06 pm

While Marcen and Samuel were talking, Jack had come back from his workout, which mainly consisted of him lifting weights that were Way too light for him in the first place, and was followed by Hitomi. He had a talk with her after he had gotten back, reporting to her what Hokage had said and now it was time to let the others know.

The Hokage had forgiven Hitomi of her crimes when he learned that she was brainwashed and by one of their own to boot. So Jack proposed a deal, they would ally themselves with the Leaf Village if Hitomi could join their team, if she wanted to. The Hokage agreed, in exchange that if they needed her, she would return and Hitomi sending them weekly reports on her activities.

Jack as fine with both conditions and after he got back, he had a talk with Hitomi and she seemed delighted to join the team. Though, she had mentioned also wanting to find out any information about her brother and if Jack helped her, she would help them. Jack had no problem with this either, so now Hitomi was a member o the team, on a probationary run, of course.

He needed to have a word with Marcen, Jack would like him to be in charge of overseeing her training and orientation To teach her the things she would need to know, and since Marcen said he taught at his villages academy, this should be no problem for him. But right now, Marcen was talking to Sam about something important.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:43 pm

Natomi decided there didn't need to be two people hovering over Sam, and that aside she had something to ask Jack. "Welcome back. How did your trip go?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:06 am

Jack looks over to Natomi "The trip went outstanding and I even managed to talk the Hokage into letting Hitomi join the team if she wants." he says with a thumbs up "I was about to go and talk with her in a bit to see i f she wanted to join or not." he points out "But first, energy drink." he chuckles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:39 am

Natomi smiled a bit. "I'm glad that worked out, I knew it would. Before you go and before I forget, I ran into my friends while you were gone. They're ninja like me, from the same village and were interested in joining. When would be a good time for them to come by so you can interview them?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:52 am

Jack would have to think about that. Still, Jack always gave the benifit of the doubt to most people"Gve me their names and addresses and I'll go see them. I could use some fresh air and a good, early morning jog is Just what I feel I could use." he says with a smile.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:05 am

Natomi nodded and scribbled something down. "Here you go. Take your time and no rush." It really would be nice to have her old team here as well, but she'd have to wait and see. The last time they actually worked together was way back during that alien bug invasion where they were protecting civilians the best they could through all the chaos.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:23 pm

Jack nods his thanks "No time like the present, right?" he says "If anythin happens, as unlikely aa tha might be, I have no doubts that both me and your frends will be able to handle the situation" he says "Incidentally, I would like to talk to you when I get back. It's nothing serious, so don't worry yourself sick." he assures as he heads off "I'm out! See you all when I get back!" he calls out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:23 am

That almost sounded like he was thinking something may happen, or maybe it was just Jack's experience being a super hero? Either way she couldn't think of what Jack wanted to talk to her about. "I'll see you then. Stay safe." Not that he needed it much, Jack was stronger physically then even Ramona.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:39 pm

It doesn't take Jack very long to get to where he was going. He lightly knocks on the door and waits. This wouldn't be the first time he's interviewed people for super team. Depending on how receptive they were to his test, would determine if he would give the a shot on their team or not.

Marcen had finished his conversation with Sam and found it to be quite enlightening. He would find Natomi and let her know what he had found out. It was easy to find his Kunoichi counterpart. He walks over to Natomi "I got the information we were after. Follow me." he says in a low tone.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:54 pm

It wasn't too long before a young woman with cat ears opened the door. "Good morning. What can I do for you today?" She asked politely, it was Jack or at least she was pretty sure it was from what Natomi had told her.

Natomi was curious, so she silently followed after him.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:25 pm

Jack extends his hand "Hello there. My name's Jack Winters and I was asked by a friend of yours, Natomi Mugen, to check an see if you were still interested in joining our team." he says, a friendly smile on his face.

Marcen closes the door to a conference room "Buddy, seal the room." he says and there was a slight humming sound, signifying the room was sealed "Okay, so after talking with Samuel and some of my contacts, it turns out there Has been some kind of take over of the Brotherhood, but it's worse than either of us thought." he says in a low tone.

"As it turns out, the ones who pulled off the coupe were moles Placed there by the assassins mortal enemies, the Templars." he explains "That was the information I got from my contact."

"After talking with Sam, I found out Why the Templars had taken over the Brotherhood. It was to get a piece of a super weapon that's capable of worldwide devastation." he says in a serious tone "And as it turns out, I wasn't Sam's original target. It was Ramona. Sam says there's a good chance that she knows of this weapon and if not, at least where to find on of the pieces." he says.

"Sam says the name of the weapon pieces are call the Pieces of Eden and from what I was told, we need to find them before the Templars do or it's lights out for this planet."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:28 am

The woman shook the man's hand. "We are, thanks for stopping by and letting us know. My name is Elora, did you want come in so we could talk? Kobe should be out in a minute. Unless you want to discuss things outside."

Natomi didn't like this but she had to think just like her sensei taught her. Getting overly emotional didn't help anyone. "We definitely have to ask Ramona if she knows then. I hope Sam's friends are okay then.." One thing at a time, she couldn't focus on everything.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:41 pm

Jack shakes his head "We should probably talk inside. Or else anyone over hearing us wuld think we're crazy." he chuckles. It's happened before and Jack didn't want to cause them any embarrassment incase they, or he, decides not to join.

Marcen nods "The sooner the better." he mumbles. The ninja world was full of objects and people who were too over powered for their, and everyone elses, own good and he had seen what it could lead to and didn't want to see it happen here.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:59 am

Elora smiled but never the less stepped aside so the older man could come inside so they could talk. Moments later, Kobe came in and noticed Jack; it didn't take much for him to know who this was.

"Jack Winters? It's nice to meet you in person, I'm Kobe Naosuke, Natomi's former instructor." He said, extending his hand for a hand shake.

Natomi decided it was time to find Ramona and ask, though she wondered why they thought she would know about them or even where it was. Maybe it had to do with her age or what she was. Though it seemed they had been determined to send Sam on a death mission if they had any idea how powerful she was and sending them on their own.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:31 pm

Jack flashes a bright, toothy smile as he shakes the man's hand, making sure to use the least amount of grip. He didn't want to break his hand after all "Good to meet you." he says. He would have to talk to Natomi about disclosure classified information when he gets back. "Right, let's get down to business. It's come to my attention that you both are interested in joining my team. Since you know Natomi, you more tan likely know that we're no joke. So, what can you bring to the team" he asks.

While Natomi was lost in her thoughts and was silent, Marcen decided to get to work "Buddy, where's Ramona? Also, could you run a search for Any mention on the Pieces of Eden?" he asks.

After a little bit "Ramona's wth her family and they're were you'd expect a family This early in the morning. As for the Pieces of Eden, there are Quite a few mentioned. Give me a little bit to sort through them and see if there are any other associated words included, like 'The Brotherhood' or 'Templars'." the computer says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:52 pm

Kobe thought that was fair, he didn't expect any less. "My natural abilties allow me control over shadows, but that's not all I have. Due to my nature, I can do other things like teleport, but I haven't figured out the upper limits to all what I can do in theory or practice. Besides that, standard enhanced stats and a healing factor."

"I don't have any natural powers, but I am a Ki user." Elora said speaking up. "If you don't know what it is, its basically my life energy. I can sense it in others and do different attacks with it. I'm not sure all about your team or what they can do, Natomi didn't mention much she felt wouldn't be common knowledge which is completely understandbale."

Ramona came a few minutes later. "Did you two want to talk to me about something?"

Natomi turned to them. "Me and Marcen were hoping you know about the Pieces of Eden and where it might be."

The older woman frowned. "I know of it." She sounded less then happy. "But I don't know where it is, sorry to say."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next