Reunions?

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Reunions? Empty Reunions?

Post by Namey Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:51 am

It was night time by the time Jack, Cadmus, Raine returned to Tokyo. Alice had been moved there eariler and was in the team's infirmary. Buddy was keeping an eye on her.

Marcen was showing Raine to her room "And this is your room." he says after giving her a quick tour "You have all the amenities in it, bathroom, kitchen, your own replicator, a living area..." he explains "But if you would like some company or something that's not replicated, ask Buddy and he'll show you to the kitchen." he finishes.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Reunions? Empty Re: Reunions?

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:02 am

It felt somewhat strange for Raine to be back here after so long, but she wasn't really sure what it was. At least familar face like Cadmus was around. "Thank you.  Speaking of, I can actually go for something now since I'm on the hungry side."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:17 am

Marcen nods "So long as you stay out of the restricted areas, you're free to come and go as you please." he says "Have a pleasant rest of your day." he says as he disappears in a 'POFF!' of smoke and was gone.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:31 am

Cadmus decided to lead the young woman into the kitchen to get something to eat. "Just a reminder, you can get about anything from the replicators food wise."

Raine paused a bit. "Anything? How does it work? Wouldn't the taste be off?"

He shook his head a bit going over one. "Surprisingly, no. I would tell you how it works if I actually knew how but I don't."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:50 am

David was sitting in the common room, sketching out somethung he was planning on painting in the future. Mondo was also in the common room, lounging on a couch, watching a skating competition and drinking a diet Pepsi.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:00 am

Cadmus spotted David and decided to introduce Raine to them first among the people present. "Hey David. Wanted to introduce our newest guest that'll be staying for a bit."

"My name is Raine, its nice to meet you." She introduced himself, not wanting to be rude and just ask straight what he was drawing. He was pretty handsome though.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:31 am

David smiles, setting his sketching stuff down and stands to greet them "How do you do?" he extends his hand "It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm David Winters, Jack's older brother, though you wouldn't know it by looking at us." he chuckles.

He nods to the lizard man on the couch "And that lazy lump is Mondo Kapahala. He's filling in while Jack and Marcen look for new members." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:09 pm

Raine shook the man's hand, she honestly thought he was the younger brother since he definitely looked younger. Looks could be deceiving and spending so much time in Noreal there were many people that were younger looking then what they actually were.

"I hope you're able to find more people then. It's not the same but my other profession as a guard was dangerous. It was hard at times to incentive people to put their lives at risk, but too much and people might come for the wrong reasons." Though it was a balancing act, kinda needed to have really good benefits to doing a dangerous job.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:36 pm

David shakes his head "Jack is very good at finding the right people for this job." he says "Like Marcen and Ramona. Marcen believes in Jack's vision of a future where everyone is treated fairly that he'll put his life on the line for that cause and Ramona has a family that she wants to make a safer future for." he explains.

"I don't think she's interested in the company line, Dave." Mondo says from the couch, sounding bored as he keeps watching his X-Games rerun.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:33 pm

Personally Raine didn't mind. She could listen to David talk about nothing of importance all day if it meant being around them a bit more. Far as Ramona, she heard of them briefly but didn't know much of anything about them. Same with Zyna and some others she could not recall at the moment.

"Bit rehearsed but I understand how it is even if my old job wasn't exactly the same." Raine said with a smile. "So what kind of people do you tend to look for?"

It was just idle chat, even if she stayed here she wasn't sure if this kind of work would vibe with her. She would have to see, but initial thought were the Unknown Heroes were maybe too by the books in a sense; she'd have to see for herself. Hunters were the most similar to her first job as the Vanguard but they were far more uptight about only native races unless recommended. Merc business was a mixed bag.

Each have their ups and downs. I'll think about that after. One thing at a time..
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:14 pm

David frowns slightly. What he said wasn't rehearsed. It was how he, and the others, genuinely felt about being super heroes.

"People with open minds, self sacrificing, a strong sense of justice, a willingness to put the needs of others before themselves, courageous and willing to rush into danger if needs be." he explains.

"Someone who can see the bigger picture. Blah, blah, blah..." Mondo says as he bites into his bacon wrapped grease-burger.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:52 am

Not for the first time David's words made Cadmus wondered if Alice aside he was really here for the right reasons. Sure he followed the spirit of things but he didn't fully believe in everything. Besides Alice the real reason he stayed was because he felt like he had a place to belong again.

"I see." Raine said as he finished. "Makes sense for the kind of profession this is, and hopefully you're able to find others."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:26 am

David nods with a slight smile "Well, it's really tough to find like minded people here." he points out "Not everyone is willing to take up the hero cause and even those who do, often find something else they would rather be doing." he says, thinking of Manny, Sam, and Natomi.

"Which is why I'm still here. Because we can't find people willing to fight the good fight." Mondo says, biting into his bacon wrapped Grease Burger again, getting grease on his shirt and the couch he was lounging on.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:55 am

Raine went quite for a moment after a bit, she did have a idea but wasn't sure if they were doing it already or not. Worth a try she supposed given how similar but different her past job was. "Not sure if you do it already, but those that work here being well compensated? Most people work on incentives. You might have the desire to help, but does no good if you have responsibilities and bills ."

"I'd say we do decent enough job at it so that's not the issue." Cadmus explained. "At least I think so."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:42 am

David nods "We compensate people quite well who decide to join up." he says "A very generous pay, the very best health care, and we even provide them with a place to stay if they didn't have one as well as state-of-the-art facilities." he explains.

"The main problem is, not everyone is cut out to be a hero and with the Hunters around, most feel content to let them handle the weird stuff." Mondo points out.

David frowns a little "Yes, well... the Hunters don't have any one can lift a building or tank a point blank nuke." he states "We have a literal Goddess on our team. That's more than any Hunter cell has."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:23 pm

Cadmus wasn't going to argue with that. In fairness while the Hunters and their group had some over lap they were also very different things in some ways as well.

"Point in that favor. I'd just guess..different niches?" Raine shrugged. "You two are similar but its not like your groups are close to being exactly the same or anything."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:32 am

Mondo shrugs "I donno. One is a multinational peace keep force that specializes in weird stuff and the other is a bunch of weirdos running around in tights." he points out.

"However, while the Hunters are all.about getting their target, We focus on saving people first." David points out.

Mondo looks over to him "We Are on the same team." he looks back to his TV "I know the company tag line as well as anyone." he mumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:29 pm

Raine noted Mondo didn't seem too happy. Whatever the case may of been it wasn't honestly any of her business at the given moment. She did suppose Vanguard and the Hunters were more similar then Jack's group and the later. Last time she heard, there was discussion of the possibility of letting the Hunters be ok to have and breed Rish Sheppards since their power and abilties would come in handy in that kind of work. Plus normal police had their own canine to help, so only made sense for them to have a counter part to.

"Has there been issues between your two groups or do have a understanding with one another?" Raine asked. "I know back home while Vanguard is the biggest, there are others. They really don't like asking for help in their respective turfs unless they have to. Which is stupid but is what it is."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:55 am

"I think I had best answer that question." Marson says, suddenly being there "As of right now, we enjoy an unsteady alliance with the Hunters. If there's something they can't handle, they ask us to help." he says "They, realistically, can't do anything to us because our heavy hitters would slap them down." he points out "So they let us do our thing when it hits the fan." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:31 pm

Raine didn't like the fact they had sneaked up on them, then again probably was just good at what they did. "Guess that makes sense. Is there other factions besides the Hunters aside?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:29 am

Marcen nods "Sure. There are many other factions out there who want us to stand down. Different countries and militaries, different people in power..." he says as he shakes his head "But they don't know what power is. Besides, Jack's convinced our world need heroes to protect it and given everything that's happened, I agree."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:56 am

Raine nodded slowly to that. "I don't know everything, but what I've seen especially the reason you guys want me here in the first place is enough for me to agree. Maybe Jack can talk some sense into Lady Yasuko being less of a hermit." She mumbled.

"Who is that?" Cadmus asked slightly curious.

The young woman paused, debating with herself a bit then decided. "Long story short, one of Noreal most powerful people. The reason she's so strong is she's basically a living relic that had their life extended. There is also Lord Sorth but they're a basket case and haven't been seen for a bit may be dead, used to be a decent person though. Yasuko is convinced Noreal doesn't really need people like them anymore and their time is over."

At that part, Cadmus mentally shrugged. "Maybe she's right though? It's not like Noreal deals with craziness as much as earth does or get this odd attention."

"If earlier I'd agree with you." Raine conceded. "..But with how things are shaping up and what I heard, not so sure anymore."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:09 am

"She's wrong, though..." Jack says as he walks in "With the Vindicator here, I can guarantee he's already working on ways to take over Noreal." he states.

David frowns "How, though. With Joseph here fighting him, he doesn't seem to have the means to take anything over." he points out.

Marcen shakes his head "But he doesn't have to Actually be the one who does all the work." he says "In my village, if we want to stop a high target threat, we usually need help from people on the inside. I believe that this may be how the Vindicator plans on taking over both Earth and Noreal." he says in a grim tone.

Jaco nods slowly "Plan the seed of chaos and have other grow the roots... he might have met with others from both worlds, made them aware of his power and told them that he would share this power... or promised to give them something in return for their cooperation in taking over the planets..." he speculates.

"Well, I can tell you, that's Exactly what he is doing." Jason says as he walks in "Raine, it's good to see you again." he says "Shall we?" he motions for her to follow him.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:48 pm

Raine glanced at the others before following after Jason. "So what do I have to do to get Alice moving again?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:59 pm

Jason leads Raine to the infirmary. Alice was just laying on one of the beds. She looked asleep, except for the fact that one couldn't see her breathing.

Jason turns to Raine "Kiss her. On the lips. For about ten seconds." he says "That's all you need to do to wake her up."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next