Graduation

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Graduation  - Page 2 Empty Re: Graduation

Post by Namey Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:58 pm

Shadow nods "Yes. There are some pretty good ones at Hunter HQ." he says off handedly "We need to keep our equipment in good working order after all."

He eyes Kyco "I would strongly suggest a different weapon." he says "Like a sword or dagger. A scythe doesn't make for a very good weapon at all." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:37 pm

Kyco kind of had mixed feelings about it, the scythe she had wasn't anything special. No special powers, unique material or anything of that sort besides being study. The only real value it had was sentimental value as it belonged to one of her fallen friends.

"..I guess I could at least try a sword or something. But that means I would have to start from scratch. The things I learned from a scythe can't be transferred too well."
Nicole and Harlan were taught formally, where Torin style was, odd simply because it was all self taught from years of trial and error.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:49 pm

Shadow nods again "Than it's a good thing you'll be in the one place where there are masters anplenty to teach you to use a sword." he points out "Or, you could always subscribe to my philosophy... always bring a gun to a knife fight." he says, patting the side of his chest, where he keeps his gun.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:04 pm

"I can see them being useful, but unless they're enhanced don't your powers do more damage normally? I've seen you hit people hard enough to make small craters, that's a lot more kinetic energy then most guns."

She..honestly wasn't too fond of guns. She didn't judge or anything for anyone who did use them, but with her background she had almost aversion to them. It didn't mean she could deny them being useful depending on the situation and what type of fire arm.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:09 pm

Shadow nods "Absolutely. I can hit harder than any normal firearm out there. But, there Are some non Human creatures thay can't be taken out simply by hitting them hard and that's where a gun comes in at." he explains.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:12 am

"That's true. I mean, some do need something a bit extra. So does that mean there's anything unique about those fire arms you have?"
She asked them, assuming so since after all he was a Hunter and normal fire arms wouldn't be much use to him.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:30 am

Shadow nods "Yes. They have blessed, silver bullets in them. Good for most forms of undead as well as werewolves." he says.

He looks back over to Kyco "Thinking of adding a little something extra to your new weapon?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:28 am

"Maybe, depends on what it is. I never used a sword before so I wouldn't really know where to even start or even what kind of blade that best fit me."
The invasion was also a reminder of how rusty she had gotten, sure she practiced as not to let it completely go to waste but not as vigrously plus it had been her first actual fight in literal years.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:28 pm

Shadow shrugs "You're thinking too much about this. A sword is much easier to use in kombat than a scythe." he points out "I would try a broadsword first. I'm sure you'll like that one."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:38 pm

"I'll give it a shot. It'll be a lot of work but it should also be fun." She always up to trying new stuff so it made her slightly excited. She keep her expections low for her first time but she was still looking forward to things.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:04 pm

Shadow stops "Fun? You're going to be learning the very best ways to take a life, to end it's existence on this planet. Fun, isn't the word I'd use." he says in a dire tone, before starting off once more "The knowledge you will get from the Hunters is used for one thing, and one thing only. To kill. This knowledge will be a burden, a curse, but also a great blessing, should you need it for any situation where you find yourself in a battle with weapons."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:13 am

Killing wasn't something Kyco was entirely new to, unfortunately given her what happened no to long ago she didn't look fondly  at those times. It had been more a matter of survival back then. It had basically been war time with the Trojan so it was a different head space. She was quite for a moment. "No, you're right. It's more serious then that and I'll take it as such when it comes up."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:16 pm

Shadow pulls out his phone, Finally having an excuse to get back to work "I'll call HQ and see if I can set something up for you." he says "Both with a trainer and one of the priests... though, it would probably be best if it were one of the high priestesses, they're a bit more open minded..." he mumbles as he waves to Kyco "See ya later, kid." he says. Even though she was a young woman now, she would always be a kid to him.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:33 pm

"Later."

Kyco thought it was probably about time to head back at home since her mother and brother were waiting for her. There was work for later in Christine's shop but other then that she had a free day, maybe she'd visit Cory and Camlo but the former tended to vanish to different places at times.

True enough when she did get there her mother was waiting while Torin was just relaxing. "Have a decent walk?"

Kyco went to have a seat. "Yeah. I ran into Shadow and talked to them about a few things. They were saying a sword be a better weapon then a scythe and I could get some training for it."

At her age, she was old enough to do whatever but Torin couldn't really picture Kyco in that kind of training, though if she really put her mind to it, then maybe. It wasn't like she was going to be offered a job as a Hunter or anything.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:39 pm

About an hour later and Shadow was outside the local WcDonald's. He had a soda, some fries, and a very upset look on his face. Something was Clearly bothering him.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:28 am

Kyco Hungered! Well, not really, she just wanted some fast food to get into her system since she didn't feel like cooking. What she didn't expect was to see Shadow, who looked upset. She came over a bit concerned.

"Hey, are you all right"
She asked gently.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:51 am

Shadow chomps on a fry indignantly "So, as it turns out, I'm not allowed back into the Hunter HQ until sixteen have passed from this morning." he says in a grump "It seems my 'Enforced' day off is now a 'Mandatory' one, thanks to Abraxus." he huffs.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:41 am

Kyco did feel bad for Shadow, he obviously was very invested in his job and it gave him direction and purpose. The issue, or at least it seemed to Kyco is he didn't seem to have anything outside of that which was a problem.

"I see, sorry to hear that." Though it was usually the opposite, most people loved days off but not Shadow. "Do you have any idea what you're going to do with all that free time?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:20 pm

Shadow thinks for a bit "Probably train." he says "I can't have my skills getting rusty on me." he says, thinking again "The problem is, where to train at. It has to be somewhere I can use my full, or near enough, power at.."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:11 am

Kyco was going to suggest holo deck but of course remembered it was way back in Hunter turf somewhere in their old cell so he couldn't exactly go to it. "You can still teleport right? Then maybe somewhere like a mountain range, or a desert if you been to one. With the later don't have to worry about people or damage really at all, plus the enviroment makes it harsher. Would just have to be prepared first if staying there for any length of time."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:00 am

Shadow could go back to the old firehouse, he just couldn't go back to the Hunter HQ. He shakes his head "No. Unlike Humans, I don't take pleasure in harming the Earth. I'll find a place where I can do some training, of that you can be sure of." he states. He just didn't know Where he would find said place.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:57 am

Kyco could respect that, though she hadn't pegged Shadow as a nature person either. Though if that was out, she truly had one other idea. "What about the holodeck Torin mentioned then? Or you not allowed to go there on your day off?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:59 pm

Shadow thinks for a bit "Yeah, I could check out the old firehouse." he says "Truthfully, I haven't been back there in over a year. Not since our Cell broke up." he says "Christine took it the hardest after we disbanded. That girl has abandonment issues and she's a ticking bomb ready to go off at any time." he mumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:01 am

Kyco didn't think Christine was going to have another episode like what happened with Jason when he had been tampering with her mind. Only thing he didn't get, if he had used the gems, how was she able to have the memories come back to her?

Personally, Kyco thought at least some of the issues Christine had was due to messing with her mind in the first place. The mind was a fragile and complicated thing, they may have unintentionally broke something. The past was just that though, it couldn't be changed so she didn't blame anyone.

"..I see. Hopefully it doesn't come to that if she is on edge. Torin told he does regret disbanding the group a bit, but its in the past."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:14 am

Shadow nods "Indeed. One must not dwell on the past, but instead move forward from it." he says "Besides, the only ones who harbor resentments for his and Camlo's actions are Christine, who feels abandoned, and Abraxus, who felt they had a good thing and the two of them ruined it." he points out "Both are now better off then they were when apart of our Cell, though they would never admit it."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum