Finding Your Place

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Finding Your Place - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding Your Place

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:28 am

Cadmus hoped the young wasn't in trouble, but regardless the mission was done so that left him some free time. He didn't feel like returning home, and since everyone was occupied he opted to head to his own guest room, avoiding his and Alice's old room like the plague.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:52 am

As Cadmus was heading to his guest room (since he's no longer staying at the base, they would assign him one), he passes a seemingly New Person in the corridor, who was wearing a familiar piece of Technology on his upper arm.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:04 am

Cadmus wasn't sure who the new person was, so he decided to go greet them. "Hey there. Are you new to the team or just visiting? Either way my name is Cadmus."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:14 am

This 'new' guy stops and blinks in confusion, then smiles "Ah! I get it. This is your first time seeing me in this form." the guy says, sounding like Buddy "It's me, Buddy. After we stopped the Trojan, I got myself a Mobile Emitter..." he shows Cadmus the device on his arm "I've been trying out different, uh, skins, as it were." he explains "Seeing which one suits me."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:52 am

"So they finally got it working huh? Just shows how out of the loop I've been since then." He had still been active when Alice had left of course but since he didn't live at the base anymore, he did miss things here and there. "Glad its working and you get to walk around. How's it been working for you so far?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:58 am

Buddy smiles, a bit toothy grin "I love it! Finally having my freedom is a very liberating experience." he says, nodding "But I Do have to be careful. If anything happens to this emitter, it could erase my program." he says in a grim tone, but brightens up again "But I've made a back up of myself and that's who's running the base."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:07 am

"That's worrying but as long as you have back up it should be ok." In theory, but if something really happened to them they didn't exactly have the Dragonballs and such to fix it this time. "So you can you feel anything you touch or not that advanced?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:21 am

Buddy pinches his hand "Full range of feelings. I can even eat and sleep if I want to." he explains "However, if I get hit by something a little Too hard, it'll break the fields holding the photons together." he says with a shrug [color=olive]"Not to worry, they'll reform almost immediately.'{/color] he assures.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:00 am

"And all that Just with photons? I don't pretend to be remotely smart enough to know how that works, but its impressive." Cadmus said to his friend. "Maybe this world will catch up one day, at least with stuff like Paragon Corps around."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:12 am

Buddy shrugs "Maybe. In about four hundred years." he chuckles "Because that's where holodeck technology is from and mobile emitter is even further along in the future then holodecks." he says "So for now, I'm One of a kind!" he says with a smug look on his face.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:34 pm

"So your tech is four hundred years ahead of this earth? Does't really surprise me from what Jack and you talked about at times." And to be honest, earth wasn't the most advanced place but it was more so then people gave it credit for.

After a moment of pause he added. "As far as the base goes, is there anything else new been going on?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:04 am

Buddy shakes his head "Not really. Jack's away, Marcen's covering for him, Mondo's back covering for the member shortage, and the rest are off doing their own things." he explains as he looks at his watch "And speaking of, I have some business in the core to take care of, which is so much easier with hands, so I'll be seeing ya later." he says with a nod, before heading off.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:23 am

Cadmus let the other man go, there was a decent amount of people he hadn't seen yet but he was sure he'd run into them sooner or later/ For now, he decided to head to his guest room to relax a bit, and while he could either return home or head out, he didn't feel like it.

He didn't really have any friends outside of this circle in Tokyo and the only friend regularly out was Haruhi who was currently in school.

If he had to put a tab as to why he was still there after Alice had left it was that and the fact they were short on members. Sure there was Larry and Martha, but they were also more parents then anything else, and besides them in New York and maybe Naomi he couldn't think of anyone else.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:26 pm

Sam was out and about, just doing his own thing. He wasn't on patrol or anything like that, just wandering around, getting some air. Staying in the base all the time Can give a person a touch of cabin fever, so Jack encourages the troops to go out when they can.

As Sam was wandering, he had the feeling that he was being followed. He didn't let it show, however, because that's one thing brotherhood training and Ninja training has taught the two of them: Never let a potential enemy know they've been made until they're about to make their move.

Sam stops for something to drink, scanning the area as he seems to be taking in the sights of Tokyo. However, a trained eyes would see him scanning for baddies and hide.

Unfortunately for them, Sam's sunglasses have many different uses and he switches thermal vision and spots both of the people he was looking for in no time *Ah. So they have come again, have they? Well, this time will be different, should they wish to fight.* he thinks as he pays for his drinks and starts out again, looking to trap his new foes.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:10 pm

Cadmus had spent enough time in his room so he opted to go out and about to go do something. Just being in his room wasn't going to do him any favors as too much time to think could be bad for him since he tended to over think some things.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:07 pm

Sam wanders over to a shop, glances inside, turns the corner and seems to disappear! As he had vanished, two shadows jump down from the building.

Sam moves away from the wall, his Active Camo fading back into it's programmed white "Well, well. It looks like they sent my own kind now." he says as the two cloaked shadows turn to him.

"Greeting, Penelope, Ameer..." Sam says, ready to throw down, but didn't have his hands on any weapons.

Both Assassins take off their cloaks "Samuel. It's good to see you are well, especially since the rumors say you also met your end in that fight with the master." Penelope says, sounding defensive.

Ameer places a calm, clawed hand, on the woman's shoulder "It's regrettable what happened in the past, but it's in the past." he says in a surprisingly deep voice "We have not come to fight you. Actually, we've come to extend the hand of Brotherhood and ask if you wish to return."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:13 pm

There was always the classic of 'you'll find someone more suited towards you' whenever you got dumped or went to a nasty break up of some kind. Cadmus wasn't entirely sure how true it was but he didn't believe in your one or anything. There were too many people out there just to be one thing, and for all you know that said person could be across the globe, or even further.

Not that he was any kind of rush.

He decided to see if Sam was around maybe help with patrol or something so he gave them a call. If not then he wasn't going to worry about it.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:41 pm

There was no reply on Sam's end "He's got his com turned off. But his tracker suggests that he is not too far from the base." Buddy says.

Sam eyes his fellow assassins "After abandoning me, branding me as a traitor, sending someone to silence me, and now you want me to come back?" he asks "And why should I come back to the Brotherhood?" he asks.

Penelope shakes her head "Don't kill the messengers. We're here relaying the message of the Elder." she explains.

Ameer nods "After many nights of council, the Elder has determined that it was a clear mistake to treat you so unjustly, as we had." he explains "And should you decide to return with us, you will be welcomed back without question."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:24 pm

Hm, close by then? He knew this area pretty well so it shouldn't be too hard to find the other man. More then likely he had left it off for various reasons. What he didn't know of course was the fact that he had some company of sorts.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:46 pm

Sam was unconvinced by this sudden change of heart "If I can, I would like a day, or so, to think about this offer, if I may." he says, he needed to talk to someone about thos, probably Jerod.

Ameer nods "Of course. Take as much time as you need. We didn't expect you to make such a big decision right here and now." he says as he holds out a card in his clawed hand "This is the number where you can reach us."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:35 am

It took a bit longer, but Cadmus did finally find Sam and some other people he wasn't sure of. From the brotherhood maybe? But they weren't trying to kill them, currently. "Sam I was looking for you..friends of yours?" He asked carefully, a tone of caution in it. Not really friends at this rate but more former comrades in arms.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:40 am

As soon as Cadmus showed up, the two disappeared into the shadows, as good assassins were known to do.

Sam looks over to Cadmus "It is nothing to worry about." he says with a smile "Was there something I could help you with, my friend?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:11 pm

Cadmus was quite for a moment. "I honestly just wanted someone to talk to, and you're usually good for that if I don't run into Jerod. I just feel kind of out of place in the group at the moment. Not sure why, don't think its just because Alice left but its probably a transition thing."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:23 pm

Sam nods and leads Cadmus to a cafe where they could talk "I believe I know what you mean." he starts "When I had first joined, I too, felt a little out of place. I mean, when standing next to a man who can take anything you throw at him and can lift over 25 tons like it was nothing, a womam who is literally half goddess, not to mention a master shinobi who can ensnare people's minds, and a young woman who can make pictures come to life... where does a lowly assassin fit in with giants like them?" he asks.

A smile comes to his face "But I had found my place among them, even if it is a small one. I just know that should they need me, I will be there for them." he says.

"However, I believe yours is a different kind of feeling of exclusion... it is almost as if, with out Alice, a light has gone out from within side of you." he points out "Perhaps some time away from the team will help clear your mind? It worked for Emanulle and now, he is more happier than ever I had seen him when he was with the team."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:48 pm

Sam was right to a point, he did feel like he was in a slump of some kind ever since Alice had ended up leaving. Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to take a break, it worked for Manny but he wasn't sure about leaving for real. "Leaving for good like Manny did I would have to sit on, but taking a break would probably do me some good. There's some people in New York I haven't visited in a while."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum