Finding Your Place

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Finding Your Place - Page 2 Empty Re: Finding Your Place

Post by Namey Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:46 pm

Hitomi shrugs "Eh. About the same as it always does. I go on a mission, I get into a situation, and i get out of it." she says, finishing off her drink "Lather, rinse, repeat."
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:38 pm

"It's good to have some sort of training rountine to keep you sharp. I really slacked off.. Something I intend to fix."
Not just with the Alice leaving thing, he hadn't used the holo room for as much training in general as he should have. He knew he could get a lot stronger then what he was currently some day it was just a matter of putting the work in. That was why he was going there more often when he was present.

"But wanting to ask something, not as important but more just curious. Do you know if Chakra and Ki are the same thing but used differently?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:11 pm

Hitomi thinks for a bit "They're different. But I believe Marcen would be the one to ask about it, rather than me." she says as she tosses the empty bottle into the bin "Well, back to the grind stone to sharpen me edge." she says as she heads back out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:40 pm

At the moment, Cadmus really had nothing else to do and most of everyone seemed rather occupied or away so he figured at the moment it couldn't hurt to ask. "Did you want some company for the training session or you prefer it being on your own?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:08 pm

Hitomi looks back to Cadmus "If you think you can keep up, be my guest." she says as she continues back to holodeck 3.

She restarts the program and heads back in. It was a rain forest of some kind and he was pretty humid. It looked about mid noon and it was drizzling. Hitomi dabs herself off a bit with her towel beforw tossing it to the ground "Okay. Computer, begin program."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:09 am

Cadmus hated humidity.

Dry heat was fine, even cold but just being humid had always been miserable to him. That being said he wasn't going to back out from it and he could handle it even if he greatly disliked it. Besides, there would be missions he'd likely have to work in such enviroments since their presence wasn't just in Japan.

"So what kind of training will this be?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:00 am

Hitomi looks back to Cadmus "Shinobi training. I'm waiting for the mission to get here. It's usually a random kuni with a message attached, but sometimes that could be a trap." she explains as she starts to walk up the side of a tree "Sometimes it's a hawk, other times it's a person. All have a chance to be traps."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:56 am

"So even the simple getting the message could be considered a form of training huh?"
Cadmus asked thinking. "Do the people of Elemental Nations use cell phones at all?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:06 pm

This gets an odd look from Hitomi "Of course. We're just as advanced at the rest of the world." she says. This made her wonder what would have put the thought in Cadmus' mind that they didn't have cell phones.

Not too far off, there was a flash of light and a *THUNK!* as a kuni hits a tree. It had a small piece of paper tired to it.

Hitomi nods over to it "Okay. It's mission time." she says as she jumps down from the tree and starts to make her way over to the kuni.

Last edited by namey on Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:52 pm

Cadmus kept some distance but somewhat close, while he was sure Hitomi had a keener eye then he did for these things, two set of eyes were better then one. So if he saw something that looked like a trap, he would voice it; though to be fair that was the issue. It could be something that Was only he wouldn't know it because he didn't really get involved with Chakra ninja.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:28 pm

Hitomi approaches the kuni, and her eyes change, turning red and black with three tomoe surrounding the pupil. She slows and looks around, getting a feel for the situation.

She makes a simple hand sign before noding to herself and pulling the kuni out of the tree. After she takes the message, reads it, then she tosses the kuni away and burns the message.

"Okay. This is an intelligence gathering mission." she starts "There is a compound about ten miles from here that's planning an attack on the leaf village. The mission is to infiltrate the compound, steal the plans while replacing them with a decoy, then get out before anyone notices." she explains.

She jumps up to a tree before looking back down to Cadmus "If either of us are spotted, this mission is over. Let's get going." she says as she takes off, rapidly jumping through the jungle.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:49 pm

"Stealth? Got it."

He wouldn't pretend he was good as the shinobi around here for it but it wasn't a new experience for him. He would do his best to keep out of sight and not be seen or they would lose the mission. Fighting would only be okay if wasn't an actual fight but things that took a enemy out without them knowing.

Cadmus followed silently after them, his ability to fly may come in handy depending.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:29 pm

Hitomi shakes her head "Not just stealth, espionage. We need to take whatever means we can to complete the objectives of our mission, with zero body count." she says as she keeps her pace "So, with that in mind, I suggest you find an enemy uniform or something and scout out the guard's patrol routines."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:36 pm

"I can do it, but easier said then done. I'll have to find someone and single them out to take their clothes. I could ask the holodeck for said clothes, but that be cheating and defeating the point wouldn't it?"

Or maybe not. Chakra ninja could disguise themselves as is so maybe it was a loop hole.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:44 am

Hitomi shakes her head "The holodeck controls and commands are locked until the mission is over, one way or the other." she stop and looks over to Cadmus "There's also a very good chance that there will be enemy shinobi waiting as well. If something doesn't seem right, it probably isn't. Stay sharp." she advises, before taking off again.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:33 am

"So before we get there, what exactly are we looking at? A village, camp or something else?"
It did make things a bit more difficult but he was going to manage like he always did far as the clothes thing was concerned.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:41 am

Hitomi shakes her head "This is where we lucked out. It's a city, with Plenty of places to hide." she say as she stops on a branch and pulls out a small pair of binoculars "And there it is." she says as she passes them to Cadmus. The city's border wall was about two miles away and it didn't Seem too heavily guarded.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:37 pm

"So what uniform would I ideally be trying to get? Normal guards or something else?"
Cadmus didn't think just passing through would be as much trouble, it would just be the more restricted areas. Then again this wasn't like the main land so they might be extra paranoid.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:31 am

Hitomi thinks for a bit "We should probably find different ones. That way if things go sideways, and you're in disguise, you can switch outfits and the guards shouldn't be looking too hard at your new persona." she explains.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:34 pm

Cadmus got that, it was just he wasn't sure what he was even Looking for in the first place. Though he did think changing into some other clothes out of the ones he had was rather prudent since they were pretty stand out.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:51 pm

Hitomi didn't wait for him to get his gear together. After all, this was her mission. Cadmus was merely the distraction. It was cruel to think of, and use, him that way, but that's how things were in her world.

This was one of Marcen's final tests and she needed to pass it if she wanted a good review. Otherwise, she might be asked to come back to the Leaf Village and she liked it here.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:57 pm

Cadmus didn't expect to be hand held or really helped, he did after all ask to come along while she was doing a mission for training simply because he had nothing else to do and everyone else was busy. Though he was having second thoughts on it but what done was done at this point.

He could get through just fine, but again the issue was after the fact.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:35 pm

Hitomi had her sharingan active and was keeping a very close eye on things. Now granted, they weren't the byakugan, which would have come in really handy about now, but she worked with what she had.

The good news was that anyone who made eye contact with her, she could hypnotize into believing they they were never there and if all else failed, she had a few aces up her sleeves.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:04 pm

It was going all right so far, but not as much as Cadmus would like. He decided, for the most part to stay out of Hitomi's way as not to compromise her mission and risking failing. To that end, his aim was to act more as support and distraction then anything else.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:19 am

After about five, or so, hours "Mission Complete!" Buddy announces "Simulation Terminated." the holodeck shimmers and shuts off as the bay doors slide open.

Marcen was standing there, arms folded with an unreadable look on his face "Hitomi. My office. Now." he says in a stern voice as he suddenly disappears in a *POOF!* of smoke!

Hitomi looks a Little nervous "Um, I guess I'll be seeing you later. Thank you for your help. I'm not entirely sure I could have done this by myself." she says as she takes off towards Marcen's office.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum