The Pen And The Sword

2 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Pen And The Sword Empty The Pen And The Sword

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:40 pm

Karine came back home from her spar she had from her brother not to long ago, a bit roughed up and tired but otherwise fine. It was an good thing, since it felt like she was properly pushing herself instead of slacking. She didn't like she had lost, yet again but the gap didn't feel as overwhelming as it had been when she was a young girl. While she was sore, she would get over it quick enough with her healing.

The apartment she was staying at was small and definitely an step down from what she was used to but it wasn't like she had slept in less then top notch places. After all, mother made sure the two weren't spoiled by making them do things with their hands and earn certain things so they would be more grounded. Not to mention the times she was off world at times.

Ruvan'd's own apartment was nearby, but she was adamant about having her own space and indepdence. It wasn't the best for now, but it was hers and that was what mattered.

After taking an shower, she trudged herself to her own personal desk so she could start once again writing; there was an personal journal as well as another one which read "Ki Research and Theory",

"Mother and everyone at home, its been a eventful couple of days adjusting to things here but I wanted to write down me and my brother's brief experience. It's been rather interesting, we made a new friend with Mistie and learned a few more other things.

We haven't, yet, gone on any missions at least officially. There are 'side ones' we have taken on which have been most interesting..and very strange in some ways. I am looking forward to whenever that day comes as unlike my older brother, part of me relishes the idea of the rush that comes with fighting. There is something you can learn from others that way you can't at times with words;.I treat combat styles almost like another langauge. The more you practice, the more fluent, and there's always ones to learn or new ones coming up."

"Though its only part of it, besides the obvious. The types of people and places we'll run into is truly a once in a life time experience. I just wish some who are no longer with us got an chance to know what we are experiencing now. I'll talk to you later.

-Yours, Karine

She folded the journal back up, placing it back neatly with all her tidy and organized things before pulling out the other journal she used for Ki Research on.

"There is something I have an theory on, but I have no way to push further about it at least for now.

Going over the basics, at least from what I have been told many times over Ki is made of three parts.

Genki, which translate to Vigor.

Yuki--which translates to courage

Shoki, which in turn translate to mind.

Now in concrete terms, what exactly do the two mean? For Shoki at least it is far more tangible as we know a sound mind could just be a metaphor of the proper focus and will. Not to mention those with mental powers, not that I'm suggesting Ki gives one those type of powers.

In the Chinese tradition of Martial Arts, some instead think of Ki, or Chi as an type of magic. In the most strict terms and from experience and observations, there is no connections between the two disciplines. However, stories and traditions usually have some element of truth to them.

Many of the scholars and researchers, at least some of the more famous ones dismiss my work and there isn't that much more that can be done with Ki. I disagree. I think not only that, but we're missing an critical ingredient that makes up that style. I think there can be more done both offensive and offensively if we understand these princpipals that haven't yet been explored.

Part of it also, I feel, is the lack of competition.

If you notice historical trends, industries, school of thoughts and disciplines usually reach an point of stagnation when there is no one new to challenge the status quo of some of the things found one can never question. Its not to say there hasn't been among other Ki users, but I mean on the outside.  There are some that exist back at home strong enough without being of the same discipline, but they aren't as common.

The being me and my brother are training to face, while overwhelmingly powerful is no way an Ki user. Therefore, part I submit while we should heed the knowledge of the men and women that came long before us, we should also in part over throw tradition.

It is my hope to expand on my theory's while here. If we end up fighting non Ki users but who are still strong enough that even better as it helps breaks out of that stagnation. When I have something more concrete, I will come back and write down my findings
.[

Karine frowned a bit at some things, scribbled a few notes and such down before putting it away. She was done with writing, and she didn't feel like doing much of anything too physical after that spar, so she should probably go see what her brother was up to and perhaps go from there.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

The Pen And The Sword Empty Re: The Pen And The Sword

Post by Namey Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:31 am

Mistie was in her room, she shared a small house with a friend, who was on a mission at the moment, while she looked through some photos of her parents. She missed them. The last she had seen of Allen and Hildie, they had died from the virus that targeted Z-Warriors like themselves and Jason.

She also missed Jason. He taught her to survive in that hostile world, and since he was immune to the virus and many of the Galerians powers and abilities, he could still fight at full power. That was until Dorothy had made a Galerian that Jason couldn't beat.

It was rare, but Mistie felt a tear slide down her cheek. She promised herself that she wouldn't cry and that she would turn her anger into power. But it was a rare moment of weakness, like this, that she could let herself cry.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:53 am

Ruvand was just minding his own business after his sister's spar who was nursing a bit of her pride after her loss. Not an big deal and she'd bounce back before too long and make herself better for it.

Still he had nothing to do and he wanted to check in on Mistie, the young woman was good company. So after finding their place, he knocked on the door to see if they were home.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:05 pm

Mistie jumps up, wiping her eyes, and runs to the kitchen and throws a dusting of flour on her face and a little on her clothes, grabs a hand towel, throwing it over her shoulder, before heading to the front door.

She opens it and was a bit surprised to see Ruvand "Oh! Uh, Ruvand, w-what are you doing here?" she asks. She wasn't expecting to see him here.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:14 pm

Mistie's emotions were jumbled, he couldn't make it out and didn't try since it wasn't his business to pry. "After me and my sister finished sparring I've just been winding down and I wanted to see how you were doing. This isn't an bad time is it?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:26 pm

Mistie chuckles "Of course not. Why would you even ask that?" she asks "I was just trying my hand at baking." she says "Of all my many skills, cooking isn't really one of them. So I'm working on that." she says.

It was, of course, a lie. Jason had taught her how to cook, as well as hunt, set traps, and all that jazz. She was probably more able than most people she teamed up with, but Ruvand didn't need to know that right now.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:46 pm

Ruvand gave a faint smile at that, remembering a few fond memories. "Cooking has been something of a small hobby of mine, it is something that relaxes me too when I'm stressed. Karine tries but she still needs some..work." He said diplmatically but was amused by some of her work in progress. "Would you like some help?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:55 pm

Mistie shakes her head "No thanks! It wouldn't be much of training if I didn't do it myself, right?" she asks "Is there anything else I can do for you?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:04 pm

The older man briefly thought about it, then shook his head. "No I believe that's it, I just wanted to see how you were doing. I'll leave you to your cooking training, but if you need anything I'll be around. Have a good day."

He needed to check on Karine as well, she was probably at 'work' of a different kind knowing them.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:11 pm

Mistie shuts the door and lets out a sigh of relief. She was glad that he didn't notice that she had been crying. She wipes the flour off and slaps her cheeks, she needed to get herself out of the funk she found herself in and there was only One way to do that, Training!

She was thinking about where to go as she changes into her battle gear. She was thinking about heading to Little Vegeta, getting a couple of other Saiyans and duking it out. She was certain they wouldn't be much a match for her, but that didn't matter.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:36 pm

Karine heard a knock on the door before going over to see her brother, she blinked but moved aside. "Welcome back. I take it your walk was fruitful?"

"It was..in a matter of speaking.."

Karine listened to them impassively, then nodded. "It seemed to be. But I've been cramped into my apartment for long enough, I feel like exploring a bit more. Care to join me?"

Ruvand thought about it, then mentally shrugged. "Do you have anywhere in mind?"

"Hm..no. However, we'll figure it out."
Karine got up from her spot, stretching a bit as she headed towards the door. "There's no time like the present."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:59 pm

Mistie was out and about, going through a list of Saiyan patroller, looking for some that would be a decent challenge to her. There Were some who were stronger than she was, but she avoided them. After all, getting stomped by them wouldn't serve to elate her emotional issues.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:20 am

Karine's brother had briefly left to go get something during the walk but he'd be back soon enough; it wasn't like he wouldn't be able to easily find her. She then noticed Mistie, though it seemed she was in the middle of something looking through. Still, it wouldn't hurt to greet them along the way instead of just passing by."Afternoon Mistie."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:33 pm

Mistie looks up at the two and blinks in slight surprise "Oh! Hello you two." she says "What brings you two out and about?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:01 pm

Karine shook her head a bit. "Not much, actually. We opted to go exploring a bit and take it easy since I'm recouping from me and my brother's spar from earlier today. What about yourself?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:33 am

Mistie brightens up a bit "I was just looking for someone to spar with. You know, some tough love type of training, and it sounds like your brother would be a good choice." she says as she looks around "Let's go get him." she says with a wicked smile.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:04 pm

Karine thought it was the Sayain in Mistie talking with the smile showing but it didn't matter either way. "If you want. He's not that far."

Ruvand was getting himself and his sister something to eat when they approached with Mistie. "Just the person I wanted to see."

"I as well. Mistie wanted to spar with you, if that's right." Karine said.

The older Nosferartu thought about it. "I suppose its all right. The food can wait."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:50 pm

Mistie's stomach growls rather loudly "Uh, probably not." she chuckles "When it comes to food, my stomach always gets the final word" she says, looking a bit sheepish.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:45 am

Karine chuckled. "Of course." She knew how Sayains could be as did her brother.

That was fine with Ruvand, since it gave him a few more minutes to recover. Though he was rather proud of his sister's progress, just he felt there wasn't much he could teach them. "What would you like to eat?" They had extra money stashed away from side missions and he was a generous person to begin with. Mistie had said this wasn't the best place to eat, so she may have wished to go elsewhere.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:04 am

Mistie shakes her head "Lunch is on me. You both should save up for some better gear. That way when you go on some tough missions, you'll be able to handle whatever it throws at you." she points out "When I first got here, I messed around and wasn't really ready for many of my missions. If my master hadn't been with me on some missions, I would have been in trouble." she chuckles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:34 am

"Hm.." The last part had Karine's mind turning. "We have yet to have an Master, or rather one here since the one who trained us is back at home. If I may ask, is your current master?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:48 am

Mistie blinks at the question "I don't have a master now. But Wendy was my former master. Chronoa assigned me to her my very first day. She said I was a, uh, special case and needed guidance." she says, leaving out key parts of her story.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:14 pm

Karine and Ruvand sensed there was more to it but neither pressed since they weren't yet that close. And even if they were, people were allowed their secrets. "Impressive in its own right, I had heard she rarely takes anyone in normally." She didn't say her brother thought them very pretty on seeing their picture, it was after all a siblings duty for that sort of thing. Not that there was anything wrong with it, even Karine could admit they were attractive even if she wasin't into women herself.

"Maybe we could go elsewhere then?" Ruvand suggested. "You did mention there are better places to eat then this one."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:06 pm

Mistie nods "Of course! There are better places to eat Anywhere. You just need to look for them and have enough money for them as well." she explains "But if you want more food for your zenny, than I suggest you take a few hours out of your day and just explore. You'll be surprised what you find." she says with a wink.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:46 pm

Ruvand did like the sound of that, there was definite merits to that idea. "That idea does sound very appealing.." He admitted. "If you're up to it, maybe we can go some place you like to frequent? Somewhere close, I know you're hungry. Karine?"

Karine shurgged. "I have no issue with it. Mistie was correct the first time of the food in the starter area."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum