Dawn of the First Day!

2 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Dawn of the First Day! - Page 6 Empty Re: Dawn of the First Day!

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:29 am

Espen was silent, then chuckled a bit. "..It makes sense now. Alister said Rosa is the force to be reckoned with and I didn't pay it as much mind but now..it makes sense. On a bit unrelated note, there is something that's been on my mind as a unsolved mystery. You see, a long time ago there was this Mystic named Trisha Winters. I've only seen her once, but apparently she once visited my friend's Alden's orphanage before, but she's a Outcast. Her and Alister fought..does that name mean anything to you?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:53 am

Jennifer nods "Yes. I've heard of her and that the previous Arch Bishop, Lord Yue, had employed her. Tasking her with some unknown mission. That's the last anyone's heard of her." she explains.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:03 am

"She likely either was killed then, or if she's smart started living low key. Either way, its not important."
Espen had sated his curiousity on that point so there wasn't much more at the moment to be said about that.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:11 am

Jennifer nods "Indeed. My Lord Arch Bishop has a declaration of arrest for her. It's like an arrest warrant on Earth. He's even offered a reward for information leading to her capture." she says "I, personally, don't think her a threat anymore, but I shall do as my Lord wishes." she states.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:20 am

Espen mulled this over. "Do you know what's she's guilty of to warrant arrest in the first place?" He did wonder if Trisha had become a better person durings these years keeping a low profile would it be right to turn them in. Then again it depended on her crimes, among other things he supposed as well.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:29 am

Jennifer nods again "Her crimes are many. Ranging from conspiracy to commit treason against the Arch Bishop to conspiracy to commit murder, theft, assault, breaking an entry. The list goes on." she says "If captured, her punishment might be exile after being dewinged." she mumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:08 am

That seemed a rather harsh sentence, but he supposed it fit with her crimes. "Exile to where?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:16 am

Jennifer sighs "It's not important. Chances are we'll never capture her anyway." she says as the museum comes into view "Well, we're almost there. Some of our performers aren't as well known as the ones on Earth, I'm guessing it's because of Human's rather, uh, short life span." she says, somewhat awkwardly.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:25 am

That made him think of his friend Alden's and his failing health as he was beginning to lose the timeless battle against age and those before them. "Yes. Human lives are short compared to some races, but I've found its that shortness that makes one has a stronger sense of urgency to leave something behind then one who has centuries to decide what they want to do."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:20 pm

Jennifer nods slowly "Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes, having a long life span can be, difficult. Out living those you love, seeing the world change into something you had hoped you would never see, doing everything and being plagued by ever lasting boredom." she mumbles

"No thank you."
she says "I've heard the King of the Gerudo in Hyrule has made a starship. After I retire from the service, I would very much like to be apart of that crew." she smiles slightly "Just imagine it, seeing an unknown life for the first time. Traveling between the stars at speeds never imagined before." she was smiling broadly at the thought of space travel.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:25 pm

Espen smiled. "Yes, that would be something to see. When I was a child I did like star gazing, but I never imagined at the time you could actually travel to by them. Who would know you could?" Jennifer, in all likehood, would greatly outlive him but it wasn't something he tried not to think about too much.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:30 pm

Jennifer thinks, collecting her thoughts "Who could travel through space? The people from Hyrule, those Space Pirates that attacked Earth a few years ago and there are a few others that Lord Arch Bishop mad mentioned, but I wasn't really paying attention." she says with a shrug "And you know what, as nice as home is, it's not nearly as advanced as it Should be and I think it's because Mystic's are so long lived." she points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:39 pm

Espen nodded a bit. "It could be, though a long lived race doesn't mean your growth tech wise will be slow. It depends on the enviroment, the needs of the people and their mentality. There's far too many factors involved."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:49 pm

Jennifer shakes her head "I don't know about that. It seems those with much shorter lives are in more of a hurry to advance. To push themselves as much as they can before their time's up. Mystic's don't have to worry about that. At least not for five hundred thousand or so years." she mumbles as the airboat docks "Which means we don't have the drive to advance, like Humans do." she points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:00 pm

Espen didn't agree, but it wasn't worth debating about so he let it drop. "Perhaps so. While I will say its the average and the norm for a really long lived race, its not a absolute rule."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:14 pm

Jennifer nods "Maybe. But that seems to be the case for this really long lived race." she mumbles. Then she motions for Espen to follow "Full access and no one to bother us. You have this museum all to yourself." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:58 pm

Espen followed after her. "True I suppose. I didn't expect to have it all to myself, but I certainly don't mind." It was a little extra touch to things, as it were.

Maybe when Jennifer went to the Great Descent, he'd go with her. Some of his friends had told him that while there was nothing wrong with helping others and that he enjoyed it, that it was okay to be a bit selfish at times and take personal time. It was something to about anyway.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:33 pm

Jennifer leads Espen through the museum. The expositions had a picture of the composer and one of those energy collecting devices where you feed it gems, so you could listen to a sample of their music. Many of the composers looked just as weird as the ones on Earth with just as strange names, like Johann Jacobson the Second and Theodora Isabelle Locklie and so on. Though, most of their music sounded strangely the same but with a slight twist to most.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:43 pm

Espen was starting to see what Jennifer meant. "Hm..I can see a bit more what you mean by now. Now makes more sense why Vira's music apparently became popular in some circles."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:45 pm

Jennifer nods "Yeah. When it comes to free thinking, we Mystics don't have the best imaginations in all of creation. But those who've never been to Earth, still think this music is good. Fortunately our art is much more open minded." she says with a slight smile.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:18 pm

"The good news is the more your singers get exposed to earth and other places, the better chance they'll be able to learn to mix up their music. Hopefully."
Espen finished.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:23 pm

Jennifer nods "That's a good point. I hope more of our singers make the trip to Earth. Though, some of the more, dubious, reporters have been making Earth sound like a savage wasteland full of criminals and crazies." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:33 pm

Espen sighed. "Though I love my home, I won't lie, it has a lot of problems that need to be worked on. In some ways over the years it has gotten better, and in other ways it has gotten worse. Something that does concern me a bit is apparently new leadership with the Hunters. I honestly was never found with them as a whole but I at least had respect but now..they seem to be becoming looser. It worries me."

He looked around listening to some of the music. "For much of my life, I've been fighting various fronts on the 'good fight'. I'm not naive to think I'll change the world, but sometimes I wonder if 'm making any difference at all."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:06 am

Jennifer nods "I've heard of these Hunters. They seem like thugs and attack dogs. Perhaps you should ask Lord Arch Bishop for some help against them." she suggests "If these Hunters are truly getting out of hand, then it's time someone stopped them before things get out of control." she points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:18 am

Espen nodded slowly. "It's something I thought about, but I wonder if that'll be playing into Amadeus' hands. According to Vira with her conversation with Alister, it seems they're banking on a conflict between the two. However, if they completely lose their minds we won't have much of a choice anyway. "

"They go by something called treaties. On paper they sound good, for example non-humans simply aren't to harm or mess with humans unless self defense which sounds reasonbale but there's a big flaw. How the Hunters themselves treat other races is pretty much entirely based on the council at the time. If you recall with Zoanthropes, though horrific things were done with them it was okay as they weren't legally protected. It's the same for others, and the Hunters would be in the clear because they a legal arm of the governemtn."

Finally he sighed. "That's why the right thing and the law can be on totally opposite ends of the spectrum at times. Still you're correct, it is something to talk to Alister about, among other things."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum