Dawn of the First Day!

2 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Dawn of the First Day! - Page 7 Empty Re: Dawn of the First Day!

Post by Namey Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:12 am

Jennifer nods "Then, perhaps, we should cut this tour short and head back to the Grand Hall." she suggests "If I recall, Lord Arch Bishop wished to speak with you as well." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:21 am

Espen mulled it over a bit before nodding. "I agree. I can do this some other time."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:45 am

Jennifer leads Espen out of the museum and hails an airboat. Just then, something small almost Rams into Jennifer! It was a Small Girl with tiny, dark blue bat wings that were going a hundred miles an hour as she was kicking her little feet "Jenny!!" she squeals in delight.

Jennifer was surprised by this "Sarah! You know your wings are too small to fly." she says as she hefts the small girl, who squeals in once more. As a Young Woman comes floating down on light orange, feathered wings "You can hardly blame her, can you?" the woman asks good naturedly.

Jennifer nods to the woman "Hello Mother. If I may ask, what brings you here?" she asks as she Sarah down, who wanders back over to the woman.

"We were just passing by, when Sarah spotted you and decided to try her hand at gliding." she laughs lightly. Then looks to Espen "Jennifer, aren't you going to introduce us to your friend?" she asks.

Jennifer nods "Espen Goldsmith, this is Amelia..." she gestures at the woman "My mother, and Sarah..." she nods to the young girl "My little sister." she says.

Amelia nods to Espen "A pleasure, mister Goldsmith. Sarah, say hello to the nice man." she says to the little one "Hello nice man." she says with a smile.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:59 am

Out of all things, Espen didn't expect to run into Jennifer's family like this. It seemed Jennifer's little sister was far younger then he originally thought. Children were rather rare in this world from Mystics from all he heard.

The man smiled, amused by the little girl partly. "It's a pleasure to meet both of you. You've done a excellent job raising Jennifer."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:58 pm

Amelia smiles "That's very kind of you to say. Though I hadn't done it alone." she says "In truth, it was my husband who trained Jennifer and got her interested in joining the guards." she explains.

*Jennifer, you never told me your young friend was so cute.* she sends, telepathically to her daughter "Ah! Now I know who you are. You're the honored friend of our Lord Arch Bishop. It's a true pleasure to meet you." she says.

Sarah looks from Jennifer, to her mother, to Espen "He's Alster frend?" she asks "Where his wings?" she asks.

Jennifer shakes her head "He doesn't have wings, Sarah. He's not a Mystic." she points out, which gets an 'Oohhh...' from Sarah. "Mother, Sarah. It was good seeing you two again, but Espen has business with the Lord Arch Bishop." she walks over and kisses her mother and sister, before hailing another airboat.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:16 pm

Espen nodded to them. "Time isn't always been in my favor but when things slow down I would love to spend time with your family. It was nice meeting you two."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:52 pm

Amelia waves to Espen "And you as well." she says with a pleasant smile. Sarah was waving, her whole tiny body was swaying with each wave "Bye nice man!" she calls "Bye Jenny!" she calls to her sister as they board the airboat.

It doesn't take them long to get back to the Grand Hall. Rosa was waiting for them when they arrive "Welcome back ,young master." she says in cheerful tone "The Arch Bishop is awaiting your arrival." she says as she motions for Espen to follow her "Right this way, young master." she says.

They get to Alister's office and he was waiting inside for Espen. He was standing by his window, enjoying the view. He turns as they enter "Ah! Espen. Come in, come in." he says as he walks over to his friend "Thank you, Rosa. Would you be a dear and get us some drinks, please?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:09 pm

Espen looked around the office briefly before focusing back on his friend. "It feels we have a few things to discuss old friend. But you first, you mentioned there had been something on your mind?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:25 pm

Alister nods with a smile "Yes, there is. Please, have a seat." he says as Rosa brings them some drinks "Thank you, Rosa." he says, then looks to Espen.

"To your health, good friend." he says, raising his glass, then taking a swig. He finishes with a cough "Oh! My goodness!" he coughs a few more times "That Is a good year." he chuckles.

With a sigh he focuses on Adell "Sorry. Tradition. We Mystics normally start business talks with a toast to good health." he explains "Now then, I was thinking long and hard about the things we should do, while we have the time to do them..." he starts

"And I was thinking of taking Alden up on his offer to take over his orphanage. I would, of course, ask him if he wanted to stay on, move somewhere else or if he wanted to live out the rest of his years here, in Elysium." he says.

"The reason I'm running this past you, is because you've known Alden much longer then myself and you would know best how to proceed." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:30 pm

Espen took a swig of the drink and placed it aside before he answered. "He told me if the orphanage was taken over he'd spend the rest of his days back in New Jersey, its where his wife passed away and he has other family there. They were married for fourty years. So if I may ask, who do you intend to run the place?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:45 pm

Alister shrugs "I have quite a few caregivers here who would love the chance to run a orphanage. Children are something of a rarity here, because of our very low birth rate, so the time spent with some isn't one most caregivers would pass up." he says, then nods slowly "Though, if Alden would like to spend the rest of his days with wife, I, of course, will respect his wishes." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:25 pm

Espen was silent a bit longer before sighing. "The other issue I had on my end was the Hunters. It seems as of late they've been becoming a bit more trigger happy for lack of a better word. Not all of course but its notable now, I think it has to do with a change of leadership."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:28 pm

Alister frowns slightly "Ah, my favorite subject. You know, ever since they declared war on the Mystics, information had been critical." he says "But according to my information, the Hunters are surprisingly inactive. They seem to be only going after the small time nonhumans. Pickpockets, Petty theft, the occasional stolen car. Nothing really serious." he points out "Though I'm not sure what they're up to, I'll find out soon enough." he assures.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:47 pm

Espen nodded slowly. "We'll see my old friend. If I find out anything of importance more I'll let know. On a happier note when the care giver comes for Alden's orphanage, let me know as I would like to meet them."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:47 pm

Alister nods "Of that, you can be certain, my friend." he says "Though I must admit, I find the relatively short life span of Humans a bit, distressing." he says in a low tone "I mean, I know it's one of their defining traits, but a hundred or so years...that seems like such a small amount of time." he mumbles, thinking of Alden.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:06 pm

"Yes. It is short compared to longer lived races, I've met others who have just as long or shorter life spans. With shorter life, it encourages you more so its one thing. Still life span differences are always hard to deal with.."
Espen shook his head. "Was there anything else on the table you wanted to discuss?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:24 pm

Espen's question snaps Alister out of his thoughts "Huh? Oh, no. That's all I wanted to talk with you about." he says "Seeing my Lord, the Mighty and Terrible Galford die and come back to life, got me thinking of those, who might not be long for this plane much longer." he mumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:43 pm

"Time is a commodity we cannot get back." Espen agreed. "Though..I suppose in some ways it could be considered a good reminder. Not to become complacent and that if we want something, we have to at least try. Even if we fail, its better to know it had failed then the many regrets on our death bed on things not done."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:18 am

Alister nods "True enough, I suppose. Anyway, good day to you, Espen. I shall see you at supper time." he says.

Rosa follows Espen out "If I may be so bold to say, I don't think that went quite as the Lord Arch Bishop was hoping." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:25 am

Espen turned to Rosa. "Maybe so. I've known Alister for a few years, but you have for far longer then I have."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:35 am

Rosa shakes her head "Actually, I've only known him after he took the position of Lord Arch Bishop." she says "Before that, I didn't even know he existed." she admits.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:40 am

Espen paused, looking to her. "That what made you think it didn't go as Alister had hoped?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:27 pm

Rosa blinks "Didn't you see the disappointment that was all over his face?" she asks in surprise "I think he was hoping that Alden Human would join him here. He thinks highly of that man." she says "He was the first...well, second person, whom he had encountered. The first, he said, was some young woman named Monica." she says with a shrug.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:05 pm

"Monica?" Espen repeated. "I know a lot of people named Monica but odds are its not the same one he had met."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:47 pm

Rosa shrugs "I suppose it's not important. He doesn't speak of her. Only to say that she was the first person he met when he first went to Earth." she says simply "So, is there any place you wish to go today, young master?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum