Did You Get What You Wanted?

2 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Did You Get What You Wanted? - Page 13 Empty Re: Did You Get What You Wanted?

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:15 pm

That reminded her, why had Samuel taken the job when he wasn't even paid? The employer Had to have said something to make him take the job. Samuel didn't seem like the type that would kill just anyone just because money was involved. It was something to ask when she caught up to him again.

Natomi nodded." That's a good idea. I'm going to take a break from missions for right now but if you need me I'll be around. Talk to you later." She let her friend go after that and headed out.

A bit of a pause then she asked. "Buddy, do you know why the dress stayed with me?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:28 pm

A wall panel blinks on "Yes. Because it was replicated when the program was brought online and since you were interacting with it directly, the holodeck didn't dematerialize it when the program ended." Buddy explains. "Though, just between you and me, the color of that dress doesn't match very well with your hair."
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:33 pm

That amused Natomi a bit at the end, though she hadn't ever been too much into fashion maybe it didn't as much looking at it. "I see, thanks. Do you know where Samuel is?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:38 pm

"Of course. I'm only patched into the entire base with all it's nifty sensors." Buddy says somewhat sarcastically "He's heading to the common room. Probably to unwind after that training mission." the AI says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:07 pm

"Thank you." Natomi said, before heading in that direction to go talk to them. She wondered what Jack had to talk to his old team about, but she couldn't help but feel it was related to here in some shape or form.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:19 pm

Samuel was kicking back, water, watching some news. Seeing what's going on in the world. There was unrest over the new 'Seeker' police officers and how they violated everyone's privacy. This was not something new. They've been in the spotlight for sometime now, but had yet to do anything wrong, so the program continued.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:01 pm

Natomi went to sit down nearby, catching the tail end of the report with the 'Seeker' police. "I'm not sure how to feel about the Seeker Police. What do you think of them Samuel?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:18 pm

Samuel looks over to Natomi, then back to the TV "I don't think about them." he says "They are just trying to make the world a bit more safer for those who are fearful. Which is almost every Human on said world.." he says with a slight shrug.

"In away, they are just like me and my old brotherhood. Sure what we did wasn't pretty or popular to most, but we did it anyway, to bring peace to the world." he says "Or at the very least a little peace of mind to others."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:22 pm

Natomi nodded a bit to that, silent before speaking again. "Speaking of, I've been wanting to ask you something. Why did you accept your former employer's job? They didn't pay you so they must have told you something to accept the job. I don't know you that well, but so far from what I gathered you and the Brotherhood don't really do the things you do for the money."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:39 pm

Samuel shrugs "Sometimes it's for money, sometimes it's for favors. I may not have gotten directly paid, but I never wanted for anything. Not food, clothing, a place to sleep, nothing." he explains "I took the job on Marcen, because I was told it was for the greater good and I believed it. I had no reason to doubt, as the Brotherhood had not given me cause to." he says, as simple as that.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:07 pm

That of course got Natomi thinking as a whole. Maybe Macen had done things in his past that he wasn't exactly proud of. Or it could just be politics, something she hated but understood as a needed pain for any civlization to work. "I was born into my profession, I'm not sure what path I would have taken if I wasn't, but I can't say I regret it. You choose yours. How did the Brotherhood end up forming?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:32 pm

Samuel brightens up "You, also, were born as an assassin?" he asks in slight surprise "I knew I felt a connection with you when I first met." he says, smiling.

"How the Brotherhood came to be, I can not say. It is almost like, they have always been. They have survived throughout the ages and had adapted to changing times." he says as he stands, presenting himself.

"I am the modern age of the Brotherhood. I have been trained better, using the latest in fighting techniques, I have the latest technology to help me carry out my missions..." he says as he leans against the wall, activating his octo-camo and his clothes turn into the exact color and texture of the wall "And I am a Zoanthrope and that landed me triple bonus points with the Brotherhood." he says proudly.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:12 pm

Natomi smiled a bit. "That's good the Brotherhood accepted you and considered you a assist. So much propoganda and such goes against Zoanthropes and people believe it." She shook her head. "People will believe what they want to believe. I'm not human myself, but you probably figured that out. I'm something called a Farian. But, sometimes I wonder about my people as a whole I only hear about them I've never met any to my knowledge."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:27 pm

Samuel shakes his head "I had learned that it is better to not dwell on such thoughts. For they often make one miserable and depressed." he says "It is better to focus on the ones closest to you. They, most often, are more your people, then your actual race." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:43 pm

Natomi shook her head but smiled. "I know what you mean. Genetics only play a small part of things. I've talked to and met races all around the map and its kinda humbling to know while there's differences, many of them aren't that much different mentally. They still have the basic needs both physical and emotional. It's more just curiousity of where part of me came from, but I don't dwell on it y'know?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:46 pm

Samuel nods "That's good. Because dwelling on the things we have no control over is not a good way to live." he says as he pats the cushion next to him "It is better to just enjoy the moments, because, you see, the moments are all we really have."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:12 pm

Natomi accepted his inivation and sat down. "Hm, sounds like something one of the Elders would say back at home. It's true enough though..."

She trailed off a bit thinking. "I have a idea for next time we go into the holodeck. In addition to our normal training, we should do simulated team building exercises. Like for example, handling a hostage situation in this city or dealing with some strange threats in Tokyo. We have team exercises but extra never hurts."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:26 pm

Samuel nods "That sounds like a most wonderful idea." he says "Though, truth be told, the reason I set my training up as I had, with no powers and such, was because I didn't want to be left out. Being only an assassin that is." he says.

"As a Zoanthrop, I have limited abilities. Not unlike Marcen, who was trained in a most fascinating way and you, who has the strength to match your beauty. When up against those, I am not as confident in my abilities and training as I let on." he explains.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:32 pm

Natomi hummed slightly. "We'll, its not too late to learn more styles of fighting to compensate, right? Something that fits your style of fighting and compliments you. There's magic, and all other different kinds of energies one can learn. Granted some races can't learn certain but but cliche as it may sound there's something for everyone. If you like, I could see about getting one of my clan teachers to pay a visit." She offers.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:37 pm

Samuel chuckles lightly "No, no. I do appreciate the offer and your kindness, truly, but I am content for now. If the need arises and I should need to learn a new craft, I shall come to you without hesitation." he says.

"I simply have to accept the fact that I am an assassin in the company of Super Heroes. Once I do that, I shall find peace as well as my place on the team." he says with another chuckle.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:44 pm

Natomi smiled. "I'm sure it'll work out. I think the thing with Super Heroes, is they're suppose to be held to a certain moral standard. IF they kill, its only under extreme conditions or self defense. You on the other hand can more do what needs to be done from the shadows if its needed. That, I think, may be the start but its just me rambling."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:54 pm

Samuel shakes his head "Indeed you are rambling. But I have learned that there is often truth in the words of one who rambles. It's just that no one ever listens to it, because they think it's rambling nonsense." he chuckles "But not to worry, I shall find my place here, even if it's just the cook." he says with a content smile.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:07 am

Natomi nodded a bit. "If there's ever anything you need to get off your chest, then feel free to talk to me. I might not always have the answers to things, but I'm a good listener."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:12 am

"That's funny, I was about to say the same thing, but in a very different context. However, I thought it would seem, somewhat inappropriate." he says with a light laugh "Though it would have been meant as a joke. Still, thank you for the offer." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:26 am

Natomi blushed a bit again, she had some guesses what they Might be but wasn't sure. "N-no problem, I'm going to be winding down and seeing what Ramona and the kids are doing. Have a good one Samuel."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next