Did You Get What You Wanted?

2 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Did You Get What You Wanted? - Page 26 Empty Re: Did You Get What You Wanted?

Post by Namey Mon May 25, 2015 8:18 pm

Jack didn't remember ever mentioning that it was a Hunter or even bringing that topic up "If the law is inadequate to deal with people who prey on the innocent, that's where we Super Heroes come in. We'll make sure that justice is served." he says with certainty.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 25, 2015 8:22 pm

Jack didn't mention it, but Zyna did talk to Jerod before she contacted Jack and the others of course which was how she knew.

"Should we let Macen know what's going on?" Natomi asked after a moment.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon May 25, 2015 8:29 pm

Probably something that should have been mentioned before hand. Jack shakes his head "No. He's still on his own mission. Same thing with Sam." he says "And we can't do much until Buddy has finished his search, either." he mumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 25, 2015 8:37 pm

Natomi sighed a bit to this but said nothing, she guessed Jack had a point she didn't like waiting. As for Buddy, he would find some basic information on Trevor including where his cell was, but there wasn't a huge amount of information you wouldn't otherwise fine. He was good of staying off the radar as needed.

A few moments later, Ramona came out of the room. "Thank you for looking after my family and bringing them here."

"Oh its nothing." Zyna said. "What kind of person would I be if I just left someone and two little children just to their own fate?"

The Demi Goddess gaze turned to Jack. "I assume Buddy is looking into things?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon May 25, 2015 9:13 pm

Jack nods "He sure is. Who knows how long it'll take, though, probably not long considering who made him." he says "It's not my place to pry, but is everything alright?" he asks Ramona.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 25, 2015 9:46 pm

(I guess just let me know when Buddy finds something so I can put whatever)

"It's..." Ramona took a deep breath. "No, I'm not all right. Kimiko and Aiko nearly died because some idiotic bigot and they're just..!"

She took another deep breath forcing herself to calm down, not noticing Natomi putting a hand on her shoulder until a moment later.

"I'm sorry everyone. I'm normally a lot more calm.."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue May 26, 2015 3:17 am

Jack nods "I understand your feeling. I'll talk to some of my friends and see if I can ask one of them to guard Jerod and his daughters." he says. He had a few ideas about whom to ask "The important thing is, that they'll live and with us on the case, the one responsible for this won't be hiding for long." he states in a 'that's-a-fact' tone.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue May 26, 2015 10:30 pm

Zyna looked to Jack then to Ramona. "If that doesn't pan out, and you have no one else I could help with that."

"If it doesn't work out, just rather have less people involved. You don't have to stick yourself in further." Ramona said.

"Maybe not. It's just I've always been this way, I would feel worse not doing anything.." Zyna sighed a bit looking at the clock, "I have to get going to take care of some personal things but if you ever need me again or have questions Jack will know where to contact me." After that she headed out the place to do her own thing, whatever that may be.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue May 26, 2015 10:47 pm

Jack watches the android leave, then turns to the others "If you want, I'll take first watch. It's not that I don't trust the police, I just don't think they'll be of any help." he points out.

"Tomorrow we should be able to take your family back to the base." he says "We can try for tonight, if you want. That way I can go contact some of my friends and see if they'll help."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue May 26, 2015 11:59 pm

"I'm not going anywhere. I wasn't there for them then, but I will be for them now."
Ramona said in a determined tone. Her girls had been that close to dying, she wasn't just going to stand around to wait for people to pick and choose. "Was that girl Zyna a recruit? She knew where to go and about you knowing how to contact her."

"Yeah. Jack just hasn't gotten around to things due to a lot on his plate."
Natomi was feeling a bit anxious herself, but as a ninja she knew the virtue of patience. "I knew we would have conflict with the hunters in some form, just not this soon."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 27, 2015 12:23 am

Jack also understood that. His family was broken apart and h wasn't there to do Anything about it "We didn't start this fight. But you can be sure we'll finish it if they insist on continuing." he says.

He looks over to Ramona "If you're taking the first watch, I'll head out and see about getting ahold  of some of my friends and see if they'll be willing to lend a hand. If you need anything or if trouble comes knocking, link in and we'll be here." he says.

Inside the room, the girls were probably still sleeping and Jerod was looking out for them. Suddenly, everything rapidly distorts and fades to black and when things start to come into view, the hospital was no longer there! Well, it Was, but it looked like it was in segmented pieces that were floating in a strange, almost empty realm and floating before Jerod was a man...or a creature that looked like a man.

He bows slightly "Greetings, Jerod Taylor." he says in an oddly, empty sounding voice "I am The Outsider and I have been watching the current events unfold with great interest." he says "Your daughter should be dead right now, If not for the intervention of others and there was nothing you could have done to prevent it." he points out.

The Outsider raises a hand "I have a gift for you. Something that will help you to stop the people who seek to hurt that which is most precious to you." he says as the back of Jerod's hand starts to burn and on it, was a Strange Brand "That is my mark. With it, you will be able to gain more power by finding shrines made out in my honor. The only thing I ask, is that you let others know of the power I have given you." he says simply.

Jerod's hand starts to glow with a blue energy "I have given you a taste of what you can expect when you find the shrines. You have the ability to 'Blink' form one location to another. However, these locations must be within direct line of sight  and you can travel no more then five hundred feet." he points at a piece of the hospital that was floating some distance away "To leave my realm, you must claim the Heartifact at the other end." he looks over to Jerod with his completely black eyes "I would prefer if you didn't tell your friends about me. Oh, and I left you a little gift in your room." he fades from view "I look forward to watching the coming events with great interest." he says as his voice fades.

Images flashes in Jerod's mind, showing a man with the same brand. He holds up his fist with a look of concentration on his face, then he points his hand as his destination and seems to shoot over to it very, Very quickly. Crossing over the gaps between building and everything. Almost like he had been 'pulled' to his location by this new power.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 27, 2015 4:04 pm

"I'll stay here too..."
Natomi glanced at Jack. "Unless you need me to do something?"

Jerod didn't like this at all. He his fiance had warned him about deals with Gods, Devil's and other "higher" beings. Humans were a source of many things to them oddly enough and having attract a attention of one it could either be very good, or very bad.

But at the moment he didn't have a choice despite not knowing anything about the Outsider. For all he knew, the being could be entirely different from a deity or Devil entirely. It wasn't like that kind of power was exclusive to them.

The Outsider..maybe its just a name. Or maybe..maybe he's like Jack and not part of this creation.

And the fact he was watching bothered Jerod more.

Not having the time to further think he decided he'd get this item this Outsider wanted, having no real choice really at the moment. He concentrated on this new power to let it work his magic before he found himself teleported away to the new location. It was off putting at first but he shrugged it off the best he could before going to retrieve the Heartifact.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 27, 2015 7:50 pm

Jack shakes his head "No, that's fine. Just report in if something happens and if possible, see if you can get them discharged tonight. The sooner we get them back to the base, the better I'm sure we'll all feel." he says as he heads out.

As soon as Jerod held the Heartifact in his hand, everything blackened out and he was back in the hospital, like nothing happened. He didn't even have the brand or Heartifact. As if it had all been some weird dream.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 27, 2015 7:55 pm

Jerod wasn't sure if he had even been dreaming or not, it felt far too real just to be a dream unless the doctors had given him quite so heavy stuff. Just in case, he looked around the room to see if there was anything unusual about.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 27, 2015 8:05 pm

There was nothing unusual about the room whatsoever. So either none of it really happened, or this wasn't the room The Outsider was talking about. Either way, this matter would probably require some more investigating.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 27, 2015 8:36 pm

Ramona came into the room to check on Jerod again, noticing how troubled he looked about something. "Is something wrong?"

"I..don't know. I just either had a strange dream or there might be even more trouble along the way. If we're lucky its a new friend but as you say if its too good to be true..." Jerod then proceeded to tell Ramona and when he finished, the demi Goddess looked rather disturbed.

It could have been nothing but Ramona didn't want to take any sort of chances, so she called Jack.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 27, 2015 8:43 pm

Since Jack wasn't out of the building yet, he was there pretty quickly "I got your message." he says as he walks in "What's up? Something happen between now and when I left?" he jokes the last part, but he could tell from the looks on their faces that this wasn't the time.

He clears his throat "Sorry. That probably wasn't called for." he mumbles "So, what's up?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 27, 2015 8:59 pm

Ramona took a deep breath then told Jack what happened. "..It could just be a dream but with past experiences I'm not taking any sort of chance with this."

Natomi who had came in a bit after Ramona spoke up. "So you think this Outsider is some type of deity or Devil? But wouldn't you have sensed something?

Ramona sighed. "I don't know. However, that's not completely true. A higher ranking full blooded version of both would easily be able to block me out. Again, we can't say for sure since those aren't the only ones with power like that, it just seems similar. I just don't like it. Jack, far chance but have you ever heard that alias before?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 27, 2015 9:15 pm

Jack nods "Well sure. In my line of work you hear of all kinds. Just not in that context. Like the ability to 'Blink', in terms of short distance teleportation, or a 'Heartifact'." he says.

He walks over to the door and motions for Ramona to join him outside "If I may have a word in private, please." he says as he walks outside.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 27, 2015 9:21 pm

Ramona nodded and went to follow after Jack, curious what he had to say in private that he didn't want Jerod to over hear.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 27, 2015 9:30 pm

Once outside, Jack looks to Ramona "If this Outsider is really watching Jerod, I didn't want to say this around him and since he can transport Jerod, seemingly at anytime, to his realm, I believe we need to get Jerod and his daughters back to the base. I'll get Buddy to keep tracking them, so if he disappears again, we'll know it and maybe we can track him." he explains.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 27, 2015 9:39 pm

Ramona nodded firmly. "I completely agree. I just don't get why someone like that would take some interest in a normal human. If they are what I think they might be, I guess maybe a follower perhaps but still seems odd.."

"At times like this, part of me wishes I was full instead of half so I not only be stronger but have better insight to things like these. On the other hand..that would come with other challenges. Plus it would have to be something Lord Raiden and Thunder were fine with a full deity walking around earth. This IS after all, their domain. The Egyptian Deities time has long since passed."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 27, 2015 9:55 pm

Jack nods "All three of them are healthy and can be moved to the base at any time. But we need a doctor to sign them out. Since you're obviously on their contacts, how about you find the doctor and get this taken care of and I'll get everything ready for when they get back?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 27, 2015 10:11 pm

"Go ahead, I'll take care of things here." Ramona walked off to get things handled on her end, she was worried about a variety of things. If push comes to shove, maybe she Should see if she contact Lord Thunder or Raiden. The former would be eaiser to contact, they were primary in charge of protecting the beings in this realm. Granted they didn't baby-sit but this might be a special case. Problem was, it seemed Thunder had went MIA.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 27, 2015 10:20 pm

Jack heads back to the base and Marcen walks over "Ah, Jack! Good. I was just about to link in. I believe I found something related to Alice's case." he says.

Jack nods and pats Marcen on the shoulder "That's great! If you can, could you make a full report on it and send it to my room? I have something that's equally important to take care of as this moment." he says.

Marcen nods "Sure thing. Also, we got a link from Sam. He talked to Alice's parents and is on his way back now. He should be docking in a few hours." he says.

Jack nods again "Let's just hope he learned something that we can use to help Alice." he says as he heads to his office "Where's Manny? I'll need to talk to him in a bit." he says as the door closes.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next