From The Ground Up

2 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

From The Ground Up - Page 2 Empty Re: From The Ground Up

Post by Namey Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:00 pm

Penny and Ameer were walking down the sidewalk in silence "You were a little harsh on her, weren't you?" she asks.

Ameer was just still quiet and Penny nods "Just remember, she lost people she cared about in that raid as well." she points out "Those children she and Samuel were looking after, they were important to her as well as Sam... It's just that, Sam took it way harder than she did..." she says in a low tone.

Ameer looks back over his shoulder, at Natomi's place, then he starts off once more "Looking to see if she was following us?" she asks "Yeah, I've been keeping an eye out as well..." she says with a sigh.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:11 am

'If you wanna hear my two cents?' [/i]Trevel added after a moment once his sister started the convo. 'I know why you'd want to make one because of what happened to your kids and Templars aren't the only ones out there. But you can't take on the world and frankly, we aren't in our element. We have stealth and such tactics but we aren't proper ninja in the sense of episonage and counter intelligence. The Mugen clan haven't for a long time. So for now put it in the back burner and focus on rebuilding the Brotherhood then go from there. Besides, these things have a way of working out.'[/i]

'Let's try to find and talk to them and go from there.' Natomi said after a moment of thinking. It was in agreement then they would follow them.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:56 pm

Ameer and Penelope had gone through several allies at the moment, in case they were followed by someone Other than Natomi. It was a habit of theirs. They weren't going to any safe houses at the moment, just wandering.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:38 pm

Natomi was decently good at tracking people, not the best in her former clan but she wasn't a novice. It may be a lot more difficult with the two in question but hopefully not as long in finding them. Some type of tracking ability would be nice, though they also tended to act like a crutch when they weren't able to be used.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:39 am

The two of them stop to get some coffee "So, what do you think we should do next?" Penelope asks.

"Our plans haven't changed. We look for our remaining brothers and put our house back in order." Ameer says, looking deeply into his drink.

"But not Sam?" Penny asks.

Ameer shakes his head "Not Sam." he says simply.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:57 am

It took some doing, but Natomi and the others did manage to find them as they came into the coffee shop. "You guys can be hard to find, now we can properly talk when you're ready. Just not here." She had reached a decision in regards to a thing or two since the brief conversation with Trevel and Alenia.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:07 am

Ameer was silent, but Penelope spoke up "Alright..." she says as she gets up, followed by Ameer, and she tosses some money on tye table "Follow me." she says as she heads out.

She takes them a 'hole-in-the-wall' hotel in the middle of a bad area and checks in under an assumed name and finds her room and the three of them head in "Alright. We can speak here." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:50 am

Natomi was going to do most of the talking on her end, which was fine as while Trevel and his sister had their own thoughts, they ultimately trusted the older woman's judgement. "For starters, after a bit of talking and thinking things over we decided if you'll have us we'll join and help. Its not like my opinion changed and something does need to be done on that end, but the person forming such a thing doesn't need to be me."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:11 pm

Penelope looks over to Ameer, who was wearing the best poker face ever. Penelope looks back to Natomi "Alright. We're listening. What did you have in mind, in terms of helping us locate and recruit new members to the Brotherhood?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:33 pm

"That's the thing, I need start from scratch. I didn't think anyone else was still alive.."
Natomi trailed off. "What makes it more difficult is I have no way to detect or find out people who have that special ability which as you pointed out, is more or less a requirement for your group. There is also the issue of not knowing how you're structured so I would need a bit more or I'd be acting out of ignorance."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:52 am

Ameer finally speak "You don't need to worry about such things." he says "We'll find the people, you just need to convince them to sit down with wither me or Penelope and we'll do our best to talk them into joining up with the Brotherhood." he explains.

Penelope gets a serious look on her face "We have another problem..." she says in a low tone "The Templars are recruiting potentials as well and they've started using our own tactics as well. That and the advanced Trojan technology, that's how they were able to practically wipe out tue Brotherhood in One night." she points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:18 am

Natomi thought about it a bit longer after the last bit of information, it put something on her mind. "Hm.."

"If something is on your mind, might as well get it out now." Trevel had been around the young woman enough to know some of her tale signs even if she hid them well.

"Right. Just gathering my thoughts." Natomi looked back at the two Brotherhood members. "Here is where we may disagree but in light of all that, I don't think recruitment should be as rigid as it was before. I'm not saying to let any Joe or Jane on, but I feel like there should be more consideration of what they can offer, rather then that rare and unique special ability."

"Why is that? They've been around for a long time doing it their way."
Alenia pointed out.

"Again, no one has to do anything its just my two cents." Natomi started again. "My point being, the Templar have switched things up in different ways and not just getting a tech edge, so maybe the Brotherhood should at least consider it. I know you want to keep certain things as before, but I think it wouldn't be a good idea to just ignore someone who may have a group of skills and abilities that would literally be a game changer just because they don't have the Vision. Not to mention, Templars have no such requirement to join them. So Templar will have a even better number advantage, especially since recruitment is just to those people with that particularly gift. In order to content with the number and tech advantage, you're going need some power on your side."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:44 am

Meer shakes his head "No. Eagle Vision is more than just a different way of seeing things. Those with it have better then normal physical abilities and a keener sense of the environment." he points out "How do you think One Brotherhood assassin was able to poison Three Mugen Ninja and them Not notice until it was pointed out?" he asks "Or for that matter, avoid those ninja until she wanted to reveal herself to them?" he shakes his head "No. Eagle Vision is the Main reason we shall approach any potentials."

Penelope holds up a hand to calm any upset feelings "If they have any Other additional training or abilities outside of Eagle Vision, that's all well and good. But we're not going to just seek out anyone. We're Not the Unknown Heroes or Hunters, after all."

Ameer looks at Natomi "You speak of the Templars as if they had been conscripting anyone with foreign abilities from anywhere they could find them." he shakes his head "That is not true. They have only been using Humans exclusively and they don't intend to change that, because they see other races as abominations. Even Zoanthropes. And if the Templars have gotten a boost in arms by using Alien technology, we shall also seek out alien technologies as well." Ameer states.

Penelope sighs "I think what Ameer is trying to say, is that instead of having us change our core values, help up enhance what we have by building upon what have left." she says "If we start allowing just anyone to join the Brotherhood, we wouldn't be who we are anymore."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:05 am

Natomi slowly nodded. "As I said, no one it was just my two cents. If that's what you two want, then that's how it'll be. I would need to think before I could offer any suggestions." While she still thought it was crazy they ignore someone who had something gave them abilities to do all what the Vision could do and maybe even better, it was their organization not hers so she'd respect it.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:21 am

"For now, however..." Penny starts "We shouldn't focus on recruitment Just yet. It would be reckless of us to simply assume that we are the Only two of the Brotherhood to have survived." she points out.

Ameer nods "Indeed. We need to search for our lost brothers and sisters." he says "There is a Brotherhood safehouse here in New York, another reason Penelope and I were here." he as he nods to Penny.

The young woman holds up her phone, which has some coordinates on it "Remember these numbers. Don't look them up on any electronic devices, the Templars may have hacked your phones and computers." she says as she puts her phone away "Get to that location while Ameer and I search another safehouse and we'll contact you when we're ready to meet up." she explains.

Ameer walks over to Natomi and hands her his ring "If you find anyone there, show them this. They will still be weary of you, but they won't try to kill you." he says to her "Do what you can to gain their trust." he nods to Penelope, before looking back to Natomi "La shay' sahihun; kulu shay' masmuh bih." he says, before heading out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:33 am

Natomi looked briefly at the ring, then took it putting it safely away. She should have guessed some more of the Brotherhood were still alive. She knew in the back of her mind, just it was more clear now. Not that it was a bad thing of course and she still did worry about Sam..

"Something else on your mind?" Alenia asked her friend.

"A lot of things, but nothing important to focus on right now." Natomi said, keeping the numbers in mind. "Let's go to the numbers and see if we find anything but be alert."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:15 pm

To get to the coordinates, they needed to look them up on a map, using a compass. Old school navigation there. When they finally got to the location, it was an old, abandoned building owned by a company called Abstergo. There didn't seem to be anyone in the ruins, though, there were a Lot of locked doors, so there could be someone in any of them.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:46 am

Natomi didn't want to make a scene and just break them down, even if they were no people here she'd rather be safe then sorry and not give the wrong impression. So she got Alenia to try to travel through the doors, assuming there was enough shadows to work with, which should be. If not then her brother could attempt to pick a lock.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:34 am

As soon as Alenia traveled into the shadows, something immediately felt wrong "Her heart... is stronger... than the other one... if we devour it... we will become... so much stronger..." something growls from the within the darkness.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:10 am

Alenia frowned, not seeing anything but that didn't mean nothing was there. She exited out after not seeing anything nor anybody in the other room. "We might have company. Just heard a strange voice, something about devouring a heart."

"Devouring hearts?" Natomi mumbled thinking of Where she might of heard something like that but could be anything. "Keep alert then. We'll continue the search but more careful and together just in case."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:26 am

As soon as Alenia left the darkness, the uneasy feeling was gone. Like whatever it was, was unable to leave the darkness.

As the three of them were talking about what to do those with sharp hearing could hear the very faint foot falls of a small group of people moving about, possibly heading towards the exit. Which meant whomever they were, they knew Natomi was there.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:42 am

Natomi didn't say anything, they didn't have to. The three of them quietly moved about, Alenia was positive there was more then one exit(or they could make one) so it was important not to get tunnel vision where they were going. If they caught them hopefully they didn't attack straight away but they did have what was given to them to try to prevent it from getting out of hand.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:00 pm

As the three of them got closer to the source of the sound, one of the doors suddenly gets kicked open and a smoke bomb goes off, covering the hallway in a thick smoke!

Two Figures come running out of the room "Run, Rebecca! I shall slow their advance!" the young man says as he pulls out a short sword!

"But brother! I don't want to leave you! the girl protests as she slowly backs away, towards the open window, waiting for the young man.

The young man waves a hand, warding off his little sister "Go, Now! I can't fight them if I need to worry about you?" he points out "I shall be right behind you. Now Go!" he says as he points a wrist mounted crossbow into the smoke and right as Natomi, as if he could still see her through the thick cloud.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:30 pm

Natomi frowned at this, she hadn't wanted it come to this but she supposed in a way there weren't that many ways around this.  The smoke made it hard to see so she had to listen for anything, as Alenia and as well as Trevel.

Still, she'd do what she could. "Whoa, whoa! We're not here to hurt you or your sister, Ameer and Penny sent us. We got the ring."

Trevel had no idea how that was suppose to help, couldn't their enemies just steal it from it after they killed it? Unless there was something mystical or magical about it, that is.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:52 pm

The young man didn't lower his guard "Place the ring on the ground and back away twenty paces." he orders them. He Does put the crossbow away and pulls out another gun, a small revolver. He spins the chamber to a certain round and fires as the ceiling. It was a small camera that started immediately tracking Natomi and her groups movements.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum