Crippled Flame

2 posters

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Crippled Flame Empty Crippled Flame

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 11, 2018 10:10 pm

Hiroshi was alone at home, his mind was idle which wasn't a good thing these days. He liked to keep busy so he wouldn't have to think of what had happened earlier mainly Suki's death and him getting crippled. Though the later was much easier to deal with as physical discomfort then the much more harder to deal with the emotional aspect. It helped at least, that had been his own doing for going beyond his own limits leaving him unable to use his fire powers or walk, all because of pushing that far beyond his limits.

He had delved into school work for that at home, graduating earlier from lack of anything else to do it beat just being stuck his own personal much he found himself in. He wasn't really all that social anymore, the loved ones he had now sure but otherwise he kept to himself these days for the most part.

In his room was a older recording(though not really) of himself and Suki on their first date before they took a break from it temporarily due to all the craziness going on. His mother had thought it cute, despite being embarrassed about it even though it was really just a brief moment before they set off. There were other recordings to, when they were younger that is.

Silently, Hiroshi pulled a hand gun and set it in his lap, but didn't pick it up.

It be so easy.. It would..

With a wave of disgust, he put it away. He wasn't the only one hurting and here he was feeling sorry for himself.

Knowing nothing good from sitting around, he grabbed his cane to go out for a bit, he didn't need it as much anymore and it was certainly better then a wheel chair so there was that, at least.

We'll if nothing else with his loss of fire powers and being crippled, he more then let the bastards something to remember him by.

Hiroshi arrived at a small restraunt, not super hungry but wanting something to do to keep his mind busy. There weren't too many people there at the moment so he didn't pay anyone much attention as he kinda sat down starring out the window when he wasn't idly sipping some of his drink,

"Mind if I sit here?"

Glancing, he saw the familar voice of Torin. "..Free country."

Torin didn't say anything as he sat down, there was a long silence before he spoke again. "So..any luck with your fire powers? Noreal is around so you could visit there. They'd probably know how to fix it."

"No, I can barely light a match. And..I'll think about it." Hiroshi mumbled as he stirred his drink, and Torin just nodded.

"..You know, I learned something this past year.." Hiroshi started back up, as Torin remained silent. "Back then, I was angry at Jason for not being there since Suki might still be alive. But...I realize they have other obligations and more importantly I feel some way responsible.."

Torin frowned a bit. "What do you mean by that?"

The young Farian was looking out the window. "Back around when we first started, it was just me and her against the world before anyone else. There was some trouble, sure, but mostly we were all right. Things got harder as we went, but still nothing truly bad until much later..and I think in a way we let feeling at least subconciously get to us. And it bit us in the ass. Did you know I tried once to get us into that super hero group? I think I knew back then the writing on the wall of where things would end if things continued. Suki can be stubborn when she wants to be, but she does usually listen to me if I bring up good points. And despite that..I just let things fold out as they did, I didn't try hard enough.."

"You couldn't have known that would happen though. And you don't know if she would have accepted if you really pushed for it back then." Torin pointed out.

They grunted in response. "I don't need to see have PK powers to know where it was going. You're right, there was a chance it wouldn't have mattered how much I pushed, but fact remains I didn't try despite seeing the writing on the wall. Even the Hyrule thing had red flags all over it. I don't regret saving Suki's sister of course.but we didn't have to go about it that way. It's suppose to be Jack or the Hunters job. Me and Suki should of been worried about things like prom, graduation or what we wanted to do after. Not this.."

Torin was going to say something when his phone buzzed. "I have to get going, but if you need a talk I'll be around."

Hiroshi didn't reply as they left, focusing on his food that had arrived instead.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Crippled Flame Empty Re: Crippled Flame

Post by Namey Fri May 11, 2018 11:10 pm

*it wasn't...the hunters...or jacks fault...that she died....* something hisses in Hiroshi's ear *Sukiii...is dead...because...of One person...Takiii...* the voice hisses again *If she was...only stronger...then she wouldn't have...fallen for the...tricks of the Oni...and Sukiii...would be alive... Sukiii...is dead...because of Takiii...*
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 12, 2018 5:53 am

Whatever the 'mysterious voice' was suppose to be pissed him off. 'No its not it was collectively. Stop trying to make things worse and fuck off. Who are you and why do you know all this?

Yeah, sure Hiroshi  piss off the omnivous voice of who ever was behind it. Not that he cared at the given moment.

That or he was losing his mind and badly needed a shrink.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat May 12, 2018 7:44 pm

*Perhaps... I am You...* the voice hisses *Or maybe... I am what's left... of the Obliterator... that took possession... over you... when you destroyed it...* the voice hisses, sounding delighted by this little game.

*With the power... that Takiii holds... I can bring... your loved one... back to you...* the voice says *And all... you would need.... to do... is kill Takiii... than you... and Sukiii... can be... together again...* says the voice.

*Do this... for yourself... end your suffering... for you have... suffered enough...*
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun May 13, 2018 7:39 pm

Apparently not because you're still bothering me. Takii is like a little sister to me no way I'm doing anything. Even if I drunk your kool-aid with your brilliant plan that would make her family, Suki included hate me. Thanks, but no thanks.

Far as he was concerned, all the Oni save for those like Blader assuming she hadn't been the only outlier could go to hell at this point.

From there, he considered the conversation done even if the annoying voice continued to pester him about things. While he was under the assumption it was some type of possession, it could be something worse. What if it was like a symboite now and he was stuck with a mental roomate and power trying to take over him?

He was jumping ahead of himself. It wasn't like too many people were dealing with that sort of issue. Maybe.

Hiroshi sent a quick test to Abraxus. 'When you get a moment, I need to talk you soon. May or may not be dealing with a possession deal.'

The cane stood leaned against seat as if mocking them, and while he could finally move without it for an extended period they had told them to keep it until he was one hundred percent. In this case he swallow his pride and take it as he left to find the Hunters.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon May 14, 2018 1:31 pm

There was a pause "Okay. Stay where you are. I'll be there in a bit." was a text from Abraxus. Which was a bit odd, since he didn't ask for Hiroshi's location. Which meant he already knew it somehow.

*With the power... of Nixa... I can bring your love... back to life... Why would you... throw that away... so casually?* the voice hisses in his ear *What if... you didn't have to... kill Nixa... for her power?*
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue May 15, 2018 8:15 am

'Because you were trying to use me as a pawn for whatever you're planning to hurt my other family. I don't know who you are exactly, but you're not doing this out of the goodness of your heart. You want or need something out of this.'

Did anyone else have to do with strange creepy voices in their head that wasn't crazy? That..sounded odd but while Suki's death had messed him up a lot he didn't think at least he was losing his mind.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue May 15, 2018 8:55 am

*Yesss... you Are... losing your mind... I... am slowing... your madness...* the voice hisses *Should you die... I die... and like you... I want to live...* the voice reasons.

*If you want... to be happy again... and stop... the madness... you need Sukiii...* the voice hisses "And to get her... we Need Nixa's power... which Takiii has...*[/i] the voice tries to reason.

*Look at it.. like this... with Nixa's power... you get Sukiii... and I will go... because... you will no longer... need me...* they say.

Soon after, Abraxus comes walking up, trench coat on any everything. He looked as impressive the Hunter as he always did "Okay. I'm here. Who's being possessed and do you know what we might be dealing with?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue May 15, 2018 9:05 am

Hiroshi did his best to ignore the voice as he turned to Abraxus. "I think it may be me. I keep hearing this creepy voice in my head telling me things that didn't start until today. It might not be possession but something else, not sure if you have anyway to check for anything abnormal."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue May 15, 2018 9:09 am

Abraxus takes out a pad and starts writing things down "Okay, I'm going to need you to tell me everything that's been happening, what this voice has been saying and what it sounds like." he says "Also, I'll need to know if you've been acting in a manner that's out of the normal for you, even in this state." he says, referring to his current physical state.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 16, 2018 4:50 pm

Hiroshi nodded slowly and told him all he knew of what happened today. "..And that's about the crux of things. Nothing has really changed much sense now.."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 16, 2018 5:01 pm

Abraxus slowly shakes his head "No... The more I hear about this, the more it Does sound like you have been possessed by something..." he says "And the way this thing is talking, and the things it's saying, it sounds like it's not only working for the Oni, but it has ties to something even darker..." he says as he pulls out his phone and makes a quick call.

A minuet later, Mad comes walking out of the darkness, his eyes glowing a burning redish/orange as they are fixed on Hiroshi "He... is there..." Mad snarls as he pulls out one of his guns, then holds it up to Hiroshi "Take it..." he growls.

"Do Not take... That gun..." hisses the voice "The price it asks... is Too great... for you to burden..." it warns.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 16, 2018 5:10 pm

Hiroshi had No clue what the hell Mad was talking about the 'he is there' comment as the man was cryptid half the time simply because of the way he spoke. However, in this case if it got rid of the voice trying to tell him to do bad things or at least dampened in it, he was going have to do it. The only other option would be to eat a bullet so he wasn't an threat to his loved ones.

When in Rome I guess.. He took the gun.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 16, 2018 5:40 pm

Mad pulls Hiroshi close, his burning eyes searing into Roshi's soul "The Obliterator... is with in you..." he growls "This gun... will keep him... from taking control..." he says with a snarl "I... can free you... if you wish it..." he says as he moves back "But Only... if it's truly... what you want..."

Abraxus eyes Mad "What are you saying, exactly? Why Wouldn't Hiroshi want the creature who killed his friend and is possessing him, trying to hurt his friends younger sister, to be Anything but gone?" he asks.

Mad turns his burning eyes towards Abraxus "Because... as long as... the Obliterator... is within him... he can... Use it's power... as his own... once taught how..." Mad snarls "So long... as he has... that gun... or one like it..." he growls, turning his burning eyes towards Hiroshi.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu May 17, 2018 7:00 pm

Hiroshi..didn't really know how to take that. Out of all the things, that was something he least wanted to hear. "If all that is keeping this thing in check is these guns, its too much of a flight risk. I can't have these things on me 24/7 and I be in trouble if a enemy disarmed this from me."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu May 17, 2018 7:22 pm

Mad shakes his head "Those guns... are mine..." he snarls "You... would have... your own guns..." he growls "These guns..." he pulls out his other one "Weaken the darkness' will..." he growls "Weakens their hold... over it's user..." he says "If you lost them... or are disarmed... they won't... take over... right away..." he snarls.

To prove his point, he drops his remaining gun and holds his hands up "See..? Nothing's happening..." he says. Suddenly his skin goes jet black, his veins burn red, as a smokey shadow of darkness cloaks his body, looking like a trench coat with two snake-like eels bearing over each shoulder "I... am in complete... control..." he growls, his voice sounding even more groveled.

Just as fast as it had happened, the darkness fades, and Mad was normal "With training... even You... can control the dark..." he snarls.

Abraxus nods slightly "Either way, I think you Need something to distract you from your own guilt." he says as he walks over to Hiroshi "I know where you are now..." he says in a low tone "After my sister and mother were killed, I was lost as well. My whole life had been destroyed in that instance..." he explains "But the Hunters had shown me the path to accepting my pain and loss and had even given me the skills to make sure no one would ever suffer the way I had." he holds out a hand "Join us. And we'll give you these tools as well."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu May 17, 2018 7:52 pm

"........."

He supposed there was a lot of things maybe he could have done differently but that game never had really gotten him much anywhere. Though Abraxus was right he needed something or he was going to self destruct in some shape or form. Why not at least try?

He shook the man's hand. "I'm in. I just need to recover my legs, and maybe get my fire powers back. It's there, but at the same time not its hard to explain. I think its a mental slash emotional block at this point so maybe I can kill two birds with one stone."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu May 17, 2018 8:03 pm

Abraxus shakes his head "One thing at a time. First, we need to deal with that Thing in your head. Then we'll get you back to 100%, health physically, finally, we'll work on getting your fire back." he say, shaking the man's hand and patting him on the back "Sound good?"
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu May 17, 2018 8:19 pm

"Yeah, sounds good. I'm not exactly in a rush." He was sure there be some test of some kind probably but that was a bit off since he wasn't at one hundred yet. Then again it may depend on the person and such in question so he didn't know. Maybe he'd run into Blader again too to see how she was adjusting to her new life, since Jason said she was one of them now.

He'd probably also need to start meeting with Suki's family a bit more regularly again, he had kinda drifted off when he was hit with that depresion steak.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat May 19, 2018 7:38 pm

Abraxus nods "Alright. With Mad's permission, keep that gun for tonight, and tomorrow I'll come pick you up and we'll see about getting that monsters out of your head." he says "Once we do that, I'll see about getting one of our healers to help you with your physical injuries. Now remember, your mental ones will take longer to heal, but they Will heal."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 19, 2018 8:18 pm

Maybe so, just didn't feel like it. Of course, you could say that about anything when it came to grief during that time. "..Thanks. Right now, I'm just gonna take it easy and head home."

He didn't want to be doing too much until things were handled, sitting still until tomorrow wasn't going to kill him.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue May 22, 2018 10:29 am

Abraxus nods "You have my number, so if anything comes up, give me a call and I'll have a team over to your place in a New York minuet." he says as he pats Hiroshi on the shoulder and starts off.

Mad watches Abraxus leave, then looks over to Roshi "Take care..." he growls "Though they can't.... act... on their own now... they can... and will... still speak... to you... lie to you... try to get you... to hurt those... dear to you..." he warns "However... they can't act... on their own...any longer... so long as... you have that gun..." he growls, before turning and heading off as well.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 23, 2018 12:14 pm

After the two left, Hiroshi grabbed his cane and headed back home keeping the gun close at all times. That was something he also Really didn't like about the whole situation of having to carry something like that all the time.

When he got home, he decided to try get some rest. He was a bit paranoid of even being away from the weapon for five minutes understandbaly after what he went through.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 23, 2018 2:06 pm

"Get me... Nixa's power... then... we will be... free of each other..." the Obliterator hisses in Hiroshi's head "Set me free... and I shall... return your love one... to you..." he says "I am not... an Oni... you can trust... that I will... keep my word..." he hisses again "Once free... you will never... see me again..."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 23, 2018 4:39 pm

Hiroshi ignored the voice, knowing it would be taken care of tomorrow. Even with the guns it was annoying having to deal with it. Knowing it may keep him up otherwise, he opted to get some sleeping pills, needing a heavier dose because of what he was.

He hated the taste as he had a hard time swallowing but it was a small price to pay. Once the bitter taste washed down and he headed back to his bed, it wasn't too long before he went to sleep. Part of him was actually looking forward to the meeting with Abraxus tomorrow, the voice issue aside it gave him some focus
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum