Order Of The Day

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Order Of The Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Order Of The Day

Post by Namey Tue May 29, 2018 11:48 pm

Marilyn shakes her head "Everything should be in there. We have coms on all the wall panels, so if you meed anything, just give us holler." she says as she motions for one of the security officers to come over so they can be shown to their rooms.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:46 pm

Alasha didn't think she'd need anything right away, though she couldn't speak for Mitsu of course. She had been on a lot of ships but this was definitely on the more unique side of things, the people inside aside that is. She'd let the people take them to their living quarters before deciding on what to do next.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:05 am

Since the Great Descent wasn't Too big of a ship, there Really wasn't too much to do on it. There Were some VR head sets that one could use to get some entertainment, however, Hylians had something even better than VR, but it would only work properly for Hylians. It was a cerebral device that accessed their higher brain functions and projected them into the VR environment. It Could work for other races, but only in small intervals.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:55 pm

Alasha was interested in the VR thing even if she was a bit let down it didn't work as well with other races. She wondered why that was? Regardless she wanted to give it a brief try though considering it may not be the absolute best of ideas. For all she knew, it could have some strange side effect on their kind so she ultimately decided against it.

"So, since there's not much else to do did you want to try this VR thing?" Alasha asked the younger woman.

"I..we'll, okay. We could try. I never used them much back on Alus." Mitsu was curious how they stacked up and how different they were. Of course they weren't as advanced as the ones on Eldar; she'd have to try those at least once. They would have to see if they were all in use too.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:57 pm

There was a warning that advised that any Non Hylian should only use the immersive VR headset for a maximum time of about an hour before resting for fifteen minuets.

That being said, there were a number of programs on the headset. Including a virtual tour of a place called Death Mountain, one of called 'Swimming with the Zora', another one titled 'Flying with the Rito' and a virtual tour of the Lost Woods, among others.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:45 am

All these sounded interesting to Alasha, she wasn't really sure what to pick as she had absolutely no clue about these places. The 'Lost Woods' could of been a place of interest as she liked nature and getting lost in it. In fact back in her training days she had been out in the wilderness with nothing but her wits making the best out of things.

'Flying with the Rito' was another one, from the title it sounded like maybe the race themselves could fly which be another experience. Soaring in the air sounded rather interesting to her.

Finally 'Swimming with the Zora' sounded among the most grounded ones that she and her friend would like. Mostly. Mitsu was horribly shy being at a beach location from personal experience though it would help it was virtual so not real people.

"Okay." Alasha started off. "Not sure what you're thinking of these but the swimming part sounds doable out of the three listed. I think it be a good idea, for one help break out of that shyness. Two, you can always just wear a one piece considering what you wear anyway. Three, its not real people so its good practice."

Mitsu wasn't too sure, though after a bit of internal back and forth she decided she'd give it a try, then they could rest up a bit afterwards. "..All right. I'll give it a try."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:49 pm

As soon as the put on the headset and started the link, it asks them to choose a program and on a side bar, it asks if she wanted to interface with other active headsets. Which meant sh could join with other crew members.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:46 pm

Ultimately, both decided they would go with the swimming program idea as well as able to interface with other active headset users. Alasha was always far more of the adventurous of the two so she was looking forward to it.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:39 pm

The visor cautioned it's users to either sit or lay down, before the link was started. However, one it Was started, there was a rush of light and a start up cycled through various read outs before the users were suddenly Plunged into the water!

The water felt real, and even Smelled real. It seemed the Hylians used a fully immersive virtual reality system.There were others in the simulation as well, which could be identified by markers over their heads. Most were the fish people called Zora.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:32 pm

The whole thing felt real enough Mitsu almost panicked before she rose to the surface of the water along with Alasha who was taking things a lot better then her younger friend was. Again, her background with these sorts of things came in handy once again.

"...Geez. I was not expecting that at all.." Mitsu said as she recovered from the surprise of being dunked under water.

"What's life without the occassional surprise? Just roll with it."
Alasha took a glance and mental check of who was around and didn't seem pre occupied so maybe they could interact with some of the people here.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:36 am

As the two were doing their thing, a female Zora comes swimming on over to them "Greetings. I am the interactive guide here to help you with any questions you may have. Simply say 'Guide', then state a question and I shall answer it to the best of my abilities." she says.

"Before we begin, I have noticed that neither of you are Hylian, there for in exactly one hour, I shall terminate the connection and you will not be allowed back on for a minimum of fifteen minuets, for your safety, of course." she explains with a smile "With that having been said, how may I assist you?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:57 am

This was interesting to Alasha, even if encountering A.I wasn't new to her, meeting them in virtual reality wasn't a common thing she had encountered. It was easier then making an actual physical body for one in physical reality of course, it was simply a matter of never diving into the virutal as much herself personally.

We'll, if they were asking she may as well try to ask. "Guide, can you tell us a bit about the Zora?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:20 am

The Zora woman gestures to herself "I am a virtual representation or a Zora female." she says "The Zora are one of the many races that inhabit their native home of Hyrule, which is a country on what is called by many to be the planet Hylia." she explains.

"The Zora are an aquatic species with a talent for many artisan crafts, such as singing, sculpting, as well as dancing and painting." she continues "The current Zora leader is Princess Ruto, who took charge of the kingdom after her father,KingĀ Dorephan, had taken ill."[size] she finishes.[/size]
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:04 am

So that explained the water thing and program name, not that it wasn't too obvious to Alasha or anyone paying attention anyway. She couldn't claim to have heard of the planet Hylia even if she was decently well traveled due to her old profession.

Of course, it be silly to say she explored a significant large portion of the universe since one could spend a literal life time finding new things in a solar system alone.

Alasha was more or less satisfied for the moment, so Mitsu picked up with one more question at the moment. "You said many races, so what about some of the other ones that live there?"

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:03 pm

The guide pauses for a second, gathering the information "There are, currently, five major races on Hylia." she says "In addition to the Zora, there's the Hylians, the Goron, the Gerudo, and the Rito. There is also a race of child like beings called the Kokori or Korok, but so far, they aren't considered to be among the Major races." she says.

"There are also many, many species of, what is commonly called, Monster races roaming around. Caution is advised when traveling the fields of Hyrule alone." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:52 pm

It was pretty informative, at least enough for Alasha to get a basic idea of things as far as the main races. She seriously doubted she'd be visiting the planet Hylia anytime soon but for whatever reason she did, this would be a good bit of basic information.

"Thanks, that helps a lot. I done for now, so think I'm gonna take it easy so have no more questions. You Mits?"

Did she? Mitsu thought briefly then shook her head. "I'm fine too but thank you."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:13 pm

The program nods "Very well. Please enjoy your program, Swimming with the Zora and if you have any additional questions, please say 'Information' and I'll be right there to provide any help you need." she says, before swimming off.

It wasn't long before another Zora comes swimming up to them "Greeting! You two must be the two passengers we had taken on not too long ago." he says "My name is Nilar. Welcome aboard the Great Descent." he says with a sharp toothed smile.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:47 am

Alasha smiled slightly. "We are, thanks for the warm welcome. My name is Alasha Joven and this is my friend Mitsu Umeko. Its nice to meet you. We were just learning a bit of your people from your AI." The person in question was just behind Alasha kind of shy, though being tall she stood out.

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:49 am

It really didn't matter too much how tall Mitsu was, Nilar was taller. On land, the average Zora male was close to nine foot tall, with the females being almost seven.

Nilar nods "The program AI is alright, but the ships data core is a better place to learn about our home." he says Also, just a suggestion, but you ladies could change into some swimming gear. Street clothes might be a bit awkward to swim in." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:41 pm

That probably was a good idea, even if this technically wasn't real it really did feel like the real thing. "Not a bad idea. We'll be back soon." Now come to think of it there were a few other places she wouldn't mind seeing but there time in here was limited so they probably wouldn't be able to.

They got some swim wear, Alasha talked Mitsu into a two piece somehow but the taller woman was still shy but at least she was making an effort. As for herself, of course she wore the same thing she was never shy about that sort of thing. After that both got back into the water to join the others, if they had a bit more time maybe they'd check out one of the other places on the island just before they had to take their break.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:08 am

Nilar comes walking ashore "You ladies look stunning." he says with a toothy smile "Just so you know, you can Not drowned here and you can even breath under water in this sim." he explains "That way you can swim as much as you want and see the sights of the Zora domain."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:28 pm

"..Thank you.." Mitsu said shyly still a bit behind her friend though more on the side this time around.

"Thanks you're not bad yourself.." Alasha said with a smile. "If this is a sim of the Zora part of the world you must have your cities and such right? We wouldn't mind a tour if it be something you're up to."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:28 pm

Nailr shrugs "If that's what you want. Though, you Should know that this simulation is based off the Old Zora kingdom, so many things Now, won't be the same as they were then." he points out "Any while my people are long lived, we aren't That long lived. Plus, I don't Really know much about the old kingdom." he admits.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:59 am

"It's okay, we can always explore ourselves if we need to. It's just down below us, right? Or is it further out?"
Mitsu was kinda eager to see it for herself regardless, and if they had time they'd hang out on that island before they had to be kicked out of the simulation that was going on. Technically it was virtual reality but it almost felt real enough for her say it was more a simulation.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:07 pm

Since it stimulated the senses, (such as sight, sound, touch, and smell to name a few), one would be forgiven in calling it a simulation.

Nilar shakes his head "You're in the kingdom now. It's all around us." he says with a chuckle "But if you mean like the shops and the throne room, we generally keep them, and our main city, above water, for when we get visitors." he explains.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum