Into The City

2 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Into The City - Page 5 Empty Re: Into The City

Post by Namey Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:21 pm

Chrissy looks flustered "O-oh, um, I don't...know..." she mumbles.

Clover looks over to Barioth "While I can't speak for the shelters, the Dead Lands are the dessert wastelands outside of the city." she starts "They are home of many very dangerous creatures as well as the criminals known as Outcasts." she explains.

"Not all Outcasts are criminals... they just don't believe in the rule of the governing body..." Chrissy mumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:14 pm

It did hint as why that comment came about after that Chrissy said at the end. "That makes sense. Not everyone agree's or see eye to eye with the current ruling establishment at the given time, doesn't mean they're bad. Back at home, there are some who choose to live on the outskirts and the outside rather then in the major settlements for that reason. It's rarely black and white."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:30 pm

"Unless it's the Circle Members of Empire City." Chrissy grumbles "The way they see it, is you're either with them, or an Outcast." she says "And if they catch you, it's off to the shelters. That's a place where they lock you up to forget about you." she explains, sounding upset.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:49 pm

"That..sounds rather excessive." Barioth mumbled. "Even though there are disagreements, most of the governments leave things alone if they aren't messing with anyone. Do the Arch Bishop and the Circle see eye to eye on that policy?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:57 am

Chrissy shrugs "I donno." she says "It's been this way for as long as I can remember." she points out.

Clover shakes her head "That would suggest that the Arch Bishop either doesn't know of he activities here, or he is in on it." she says "Either way doesn't seem acceptable. Not if innocent people, who's only crime is not having a home, are being treated like Outcasts."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:07 am

Barioth didn't feel he knew enough of the situation to really say, as true it sounded bad on the surface level but when it came to politics there was usually a lot of nusance and grey area at times. It was why he had no interest in it for the most part, save for when he did. Perhaps the current Bishop didn't agree but for one reason or another his hands were tied.

They finally arrived at the hotel, it was as stated not exactly the best but it would work for now; really it had to.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:52 pm

Clover would use her tips to pay for the room, while she suggested that Barioth use his pay to get them some food. It wasn't ideal for the moment, but it would have to do until they got more money.

Once they were settled in for the night, Chrissy headed off to take a shower while Clover sat on the single bed an processed everything she encountered today. From making a new, quicker, path to their respective jobs, to trying to find any clues on the man who was following her.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:20 pm

"For sleeping arrangements, tonight I was thinking I'd be on the floor, there isn't as much space anyway." The other reason is while Chrissy was fine when Clover was around, she did get a bit nervous around him when alone so that was perhaps for the best. It wasn't like it really bothered him, being who and what he was.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:36 pm

Clover looks over to the bathroom. The door was closed and the shower was running. She walks over and turns the radio on, then turns it up.

She walks over to Barioth "the reason chrissy is uncomfortable around you, is because her 'sisters' use to use her to entertain some of their male 'guests'." she says in a low tone, almost a whisper "that's why we had to take her away from there and why we have to protect her if they come looking for her..."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:39 pm

Barioth mood darkened a bit after hearing that, he had suspected something like that may have been the case, but he didn't want to assume the worse like that. "We'll need to make sure at least one of us is with them at all times then instead of both being at work. I wonder if there's something legally we could do. I'm not of course exactly verse in law and politics here. I'll do some reading when I get the chance." If only Espen was around, that was sort of his thing.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:05 pm

Clover nods "With much of my data about Elysium being a bit outdated, I don't think it is logical for me not to say anything on this subject either." she says "If nothing, we need to find someone who knows the laws of this land." she points out.

It was about a day or so later, since Rosa had come to Empire City. Since Espen was pretty broken up about Jennifer leaving suddenly, she took it upon herself to track the woman down, and she had. As it turns out, Jennifer requested to be resigned to Inferno Village, for whatever reason. It was as hospitable as the active volcano that was practically a stones throw away from the village.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:35 am

Barioth had to agree with that. "It wouldn't hurt, would just have to find the right people. Though unless she's under some sort of contract, I would think not working there would be a for gone conclusion. I'll look into it."

Espen did a better job of holding it together once he was up and about for the day, years of pretending when he wasn't feeling as hot did that. "So where to first?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:19 pm

Clover thinks for a bit, which was usually a sign of her going through data banks for information "If she is, than we can issue a trial by kombat. The vic-" she stops talking because Chrissy was finished with her shower and was on her way out.

Rosa looks around "It's been a few hundred years since I've been here, but I think we should get us a room and see about getting us some Magma Hoppers. They're a bit, uh, bumpy to ride, but a lot easier to ride then Lava Crawlers." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:27 am

"We'll talk about it later."

Barioth caught on quickly why she suddenly just stopped and he had a gist of what Clover was getting at. She probably meant to challenge one of them in combat to null her contract, if she was under any. Though it did make him worry, since they might only agree with the condition if she loses, Clover would have to work for them.

Espen slowly nodded. "Sounds fine. I don't know what either of those things are though, to be honest. Safe to say they look nothing like cars though."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:12 pm

Clover nods and while the same thought Had occured to the android, she highly doubted that the twins could beat her. Even if they teamed up. They did Not look like fighters of any kind.

Rosa nods "They are critters native to the Wastes and are commonly found close to the Fire Plains." she says "Magma Hoppers are ike, gant fire frogs and Lava Crawlers are like big, fire breathing/eating lizards." she explains.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:37 am

Barioth then stood up. "I'm going to just be outside for a brief moment to get fresh air if you need me. I won't be going too far." Usually that's when he did his best thinking.

That made sense, though Espen didn't have to worry as much about those things unless he hung around there long. "I see. That could be a problem, though Lava Crawler aren't the biggest predator of your world is it?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:27 pm

Clover decided to take her shower while Chrissy did her thing in the small apartment room.

Rosa shakes her had "Oh no. The biggest are in the Wastes and the most dangerous are just outside Capitol City, in the Jade Forrest." she explains "Lava Crawlers are mostly harmless and eat only lava and magma." she says "They'll only attack if cornered."

She thinks for a second "Wild Magma Hoppers, on the other hand, Might try to eat you, if you're not careful." she says with a smile.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:24 am

Espen wasn't too bothered by it, dangerous native predators were a thing even back at home, some being an threat even to Draner in their dragon form.

He was about to say something else when he noticed another familar face who was minding their own business. It was an surprise of seeing them here of all places. "Barioth? What are you doing here?"

The other man turned around, then smiled. "We'll, small world after all. It's nice to see you again, and its a bit of a long story. Who's your friend?"

"Rosa, this is an old friend of mine named Barioth. She's my bodyguard."

Barioth nodded to that, he figured that or their friend slash girlfriend though the later Espen's luck had been hit or miss. "It's an pleasure to meet you Rosa."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:31 pm

Rosa curtsies "Likewise." she says "I'm going to find us a ride out to the Fire Plains. I shall return in a little bit." she says as she heads off.

Not too far, was the same person that was following Clover from before. He was lingering in the crowd, watching Barioth, but keeping his distance because of Rosa.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:32 pm

Barioth did notice the man but didn't say anything, because he knew the moment he approached he would vanish into the sea of people. He didn't draw attention to the fact though.

He had a sneaking suspcion they worked for the people Chrissy was trying to get away from. It could just be a normal hormonal man that took a fancy to Clover but but his gut said otherwise, which is why he decided to reframe from talking in detail what he wanted to say.

"There are a few things I want to talk about, some very important but I rather do so in private."

Espen wondered what they could be, but nodded. "That's fine. I wanted to talk to you before I left, so I'll tell Rosa to hold off a bit."

"Good. Actually, one thing I need to scribble down for you." This confused the young vampire but Barioth did scribble something down and handed it to Espen.

'The man of that descrpition has been trailing off after an friend of mine. I'm not sure their goal, but I believe they're working for someone we're trying to avoid. Act natural.'

"It's good for this bit of information. No idea you had moved." Espen said, putting it away as if nothing happened.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:20 pm

The man decided that now was the time to make himself scarce as Rosa had come back. She seemed pleased with herself "Okay, I got us a ride that's Neither Hopper or Crawler!" she says, looking like she just won the lottery.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:30 pm

Espen turned to Rosa when she came back. "Unfourtnately, it'll have to wait. My friend has told me something a bit troubling I need to discuss in private, but we could use your expertise since you live here."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:25 pm

Rosa chuckles lightly "I will, of course, help out in any way I can, but i'm Not from here." she says "I'm from Capitol City. I've never lived a day of my life in Empire City." she says "But if it's a privet conversation you want, I would suggest a bar. No one will care abut what you talk bout there." she points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:39 pm

Barioth thought could work, and nodded. "I suppose that could work. Unfortunately I'm not exactly from here so that makes three of us. I remember one bar along the way, so thankfully my good memory when it comes to directions is useful here. Unless you saw one nearby Rosa, your kind does have perfect memory after all."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:03 pm

Rosa Did see what Looked ike a bar, but since she's never Really spent much time in Empire City, she honestly couldn't say "Well, I did see something a little ways back this way..." she starts off.

She found what she was looking for, but it wasn't Exactly a bar, persay. Rather, it was a strip bar. A place where someone like Espen should Absolutely not be seen in!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next