Waiting

2 posters

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Waiting - Page 6 Empty Re: Waiting

Post by Namey Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:50 pm

Ness shakes his head "Actually, no I haven't. This is the first time I've met her. In this field, it's your ball game, buddy." he says, smacking Calvine on the arm.

When Ness heads back in, Naomi was frowning "Your friend here told me that you need some of my blood to run some tests on, to determine the nature of this virus..." she says.

Ness sighs. He wanted to break this to Naomi in a more, gentle way, but thanks to Cedrick, that wasn't necessary. Ness nods "That's correct. Once I run a few tests on it, I can tell you with more certainty what the nature of this virus really is." he says.

Naomi had to think about this. She trusted Cadmus, who trusted this Rachel, who trusted this Calvine enough to ask him to look in on her and He, in turn, trusted this Ness fellow. So by all rights, she should also trust this Ness, since, at least indirectly, Cadmus trusted him...

She holds out her arm to Ness "Just please, get to the bottom of this." she says.

Ness gets a hypo-spray from his backpack and presses it against Naomi's arm, as he holds it still. A small vial fills with her blood and Ness nods "That'll do. Thanks. I'll have answers for you soon." he says "In the mean time, I would like to leave Kitt here with you, just incase." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:58 pm

Cadmus nodded a bit to that. "That's fine. How long would it take you to get something? Rough estimate wise?" They had no where really go, at least on earth he could think of anyway. So for now their cards would have to be handled in a different way.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:03 pm

Ness shrugs "A day, maybe two tops. I won't really know how complex this virus is until I get the chance to really study it." he says as he pats Cedrick on the shoulder "Come on. We should probably let Anita know where we were." he says as they both head out.

Naomi looks over to Calvine "Who's this 'Kitt' that everyone keeps mentioning? If he's this important, why isn't he here with you all?" she asks. She figured Cadmus had more on his mind, then wondering who someone (that they both hadn't ever seen) was and why he should be suddenly left to keep them safe.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:21 am

Cadmus did have other things on his mind, but there wasn't anything he could do about them. "I was wondering about that myself."

Calvine shook his head a bit. "He's..hard to explain but short end of it he can transform. Right now he's disguised as a car but trust me you'll notice when you see them. Anyway I should be going myself. Take care. If you change your minds about coming you can ask for me at Paragon Corps. Though come to think of it, he hadn't seen KOS-MOS so he kind of wondered where she had went off too.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:33 pm

None of that Calvine said about Kitt made any sense to Naomi. She was having a hard time imagining someone transforming into a car, no matter how hard she tried "O-okay..." she mumbles, not sure how else to respond.

Ness looks back to the hotel "Kitt should be enough to stop anyone from getting to those two. Unless they bring out some Heavy weapons. Like anti-tank rifle or some Virtuoids. But what are the odds of them having those?" he asks, chuckling.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:40 pm

Calvine shrugged. "I know its odd, but you'll see for yourself. I'll see you later." He left to go catch up with the others.

"I think..its best we try not to think about it too much. I've seen all sorts of things but this is a first even for me." Cadmus said to Naomi. "Are you hungry or anything?"

Calvine groaned at what Ness said. "Don't say that. You know that phrase usually ends with things going horribly wrong. Anyway, what happened to KOS-MOS? I just realized I haven't seen them."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:47 pm

Naomi blinks at Cadmus's question "Why, yes. I'm quite hungry. We never did have time to get anything to eat from the time we got to the cabin to here." she says.

Ness shrugs "I didn't feel she would be needed. Not against a bunch of Zoanthropes for hire. Figured that Kitt could handle them fine." he says.

"However, should that prove not to be the case, I am sure you have asked her to be ready to move out if Kitt should call for reinforcements, correct?" asks Cedrick.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:02 am

Cadmus nodded slightly. "I figured as much, we have room service but its not the best here. I think it would be better to go find somewhere else to eat, have any particular craving right now?"

He wasn't sure why exactly but he felt a more odd sense of calm around Naomi he couldn't really explain to himself if he wanted to. Emotions and such were a haze to navigate through at the best of times. In a sense Baal had been a utter genius. A mad one with a screw loose(..okay, he didn't have anything nailed down at the end of it) but if he hadn't gone insane he could have done something in Rachel's words. Making a human Heartless from scratch was difficult enough, making ones that could feel emotion would have thought to be impossible.

Rachel's other Heartless friends were made from a result to that; her father had actually taken the credit but he really didn't know the process worked. It's methods had died with Baal, the universe once again taking back one of its secrets.

"So that's where. Makes sense. Guess we'll find out, if they're serious they'll send more then roided up Zoanthropes." Calvine said.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:01 pm

Ness shakes his head "No. They're cybernetically enhanced. A good electrical shock will take their enhancements off line for a bit. However, I have a feeling that, thanks to the Space Pirates, their enhancements will start getting stronger." he says.

"So, when that happens, Kitt might not be enough to protect those two. Is that correct?" Cedrick says, sounding as uninterested as always.

Ness nods "That's why I'm trying to gain their trust so they'll allow us to protect them and stop Tylon. I've had a few run ins with them in the past as well. So has Anita and she takes it very personally." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:48 am

"That's a pretty visible and bad weakness if it only takes a volt of electricty to mess up their systems. Not that I'm complaining though, it makes some stuff easier."
Calvine said after a bit.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:09 am

Ness chuckles "Well, while their technicians are Passable, at best, they're not nearly as smart or inventive as you or I." he says, clapping Calvine on the back.

"No, their problem is, they've been relying on Space Pirate technology, of which they don't fully understand, instead of making their Own cybernetics. Ones that they understand and know of all its strengths and weaknesses." he points out.

Cedrick looks over "There is a Scanner Team coming towards us." she says, referring to the cops in green with the scanning equipment.

Ness shakes his head "Don't worry about them. They can't seem beyond the dampening field I put in place and their equipment will be getting scrambled as soon as they come into range of it." he says and sure enough, they start fiddling with their equipment, allowing Ness and his group to pass without incident.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:27 am

Calvine looked at what was going on. "We're lucky that doesn't catch attention of some kind. But anyway that makes the most sense, but it works for us in the end. I always thought Tylon would use more genetically enhanced Zoanthropes then cybertically enhanced ones though."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:41 pm

Ness shrugs "They have both, so I couldn't say why they don't use them both at the same time." he says as he looks back to the apartment "I hope they have the good sense to get rid of or disable that PDA. Because as soon as we left, the dampening field followed us and they'll be able to be tracked again." he says.

Cedrick looks back as well "If you like, I can head back and warn them about the dampening field." she offers.

Ness nods "If you wouldn't mind. I have no doubt that they can take care of themselves if trouble comes, but we should at least give them a heads up." he says as Cedrick nods and starts off.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:14 am

"Pretty sure they did, if not then they probably will but doesn't hurt to double check just in case.
" Calvine watched Cedrick go off before it was just him and Ness. "Speaking of techology in general, what has been the most techologically advanced race you ever came across, period?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:55 pm

Ness shrugs "Well, I have seen thousands of different races of various technological advancements, but the one that's always impressed me as having the most advanced technology, aside from the Vorlons, was us. Humans." he says.

"Yeah, there are times when we're not the most advanced, but then, there were times when we were the most advanced I've ever seen." he says, nodding.

"You see, no matter what dimension I visit, Humans are always pushing the limit of what they can do. Of course, usually when I show up, there's some kind of disaster awaiting, but even that spurs them on to create almost impossible things." he smiles at a memory.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:06 pm

"I'm actually not surprised. There's also the fact we kinda seem to be everywhere, for whatever reason. So infinite different places, events and time-lines plus humans pushing yourself you're bound to have something along those lines. Who are the Volrons?
" He hadn't heard of them but that was of no surprise.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:17 pm

Ness shrugs "Not much is Really known about them. However, I happen to know a bit about them. They're a race that's millions of years old, they have living ships and they have ascended beyond physical forms and are now beings of pure energy. They help the other, less advanced races find their place among the stars." he explains.

He moves close to Calvine "And Humans are going to eventually become Just like them." he says in a low tone "At least, in that dimension they will. A million and a half years from know, when our sun finally loses fusion and goes nova."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:41 pm

Calvine said nothing at first, thinking. "Maybe that's why people who make aritifcal races use some human traits as a base since the DNA is so adaptable. I think that's our real strength, not the strongest or smartest on the block just adapatable."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:33 pm

Ness nods "To almost everything I've encountered. There Were some things Humans couldn't over come. Quite terrible it was." he says as Cedrick comes jogging back.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:43 pm

Calvine nodded to Cedrick as she came back before turning to Ness. "Yeah. Always bigger fish and all that jazz. Anyway, on the subject of the virus while I'm not expert if you need my lab or anything to get stuff together for it let me know."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:50 pm

Ness nods "Thanks buddy, but I'll set up a lab in the warehouse that you let me use." he says "It's got pretty much everything in it already and you know, I don't think I'll be able to take all that stuff with me, you, when I leave, it's all yours." he says in a sly tone.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:37 am

Calvine smiled. "Thanks man, I apperciate it. I really feel like things are going to change soon once we get that ship of ours up and running. Not right away but it'll be a start."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:59 pm

Ness chuckles "Oh you would be surprised how fast things can change once people have a reason to change them." he says "On a more serious note, when I took the blood sample from Naomi, I took a look into her past and found out how she contracted this virus." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:38 pm

Calvine frowned a bit. "Normally, I'd say that was a big breech in privacy and such, but I understand why you may had to do it. It might be her life or something after all. What did you see?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:11 pm

Ness shakes his head "No. It had little to do with her, actually. You see, I had run into the purest strain of this virus before and, well, it wasn't a pretty sight." he mumbles.

Cedrick was actually curious "What happened?" she asks. She figured it was probably bad since, 1 - Ness was involved, 2 - Ness had little regard for Naomi's privacy, and 3 - Ness didn't look into her past for her.

Ness sighs "The virus got out of control and ended up infecting an entire city and basically turning the population into zombies and other monsters." he says, frowning at the memory.

He shakes his head again "Anyway, she was in a fight with Tylon to get her brother back from them and in the process she got shot with a dart filled with a modified and completed variation of the T-Virus. Which is suppose to be used to make a new type of super soldier, but the one I had seen, was incomplete." he explains "This one Is complete."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum