Can You Build Them?

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Can You Build Them? - Page 2 Empty Re: Can You Build Them?

Post by Namey Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:32 am

Ness finds a place to sit "Well, a person who was originally all organic but has noticeable cybernetic attachments, would be considered a cyborg. Like The Borg." he points out "But those T-800 Terminators that we once encountered, those were just robots Covered in living skin and could function with out it. A cyborg can't function without either organic or robotic parts." he says.

"Now, an Android, that's where things get confusing. Chances are good you looked up Commander Data when you were at the academy, right? He's the poster boy for what an android would be." he says "The difference between robots and androids is that androids actually Looks human, not just humanoid." he explains. "But you probably already know that."
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:40 am

Calvine also sat down as he listened in. "Hm..interesting. So something would be considered a cyborg even if they were built from the ground up and not born. But yeah, I looked up Data. Apparently in that world they had a lack of being able to make androids. I find that kinda strange, because even in this dimension there's androids of various levels of advancement. Either way, hopefully I can make business with them after. Assuming they don't close off customers after they're done with our unknown friend." He mumbled.

Then Calvine grinned. "But you know the saying, when life gives you lemons. Besides that if we do a project together, my own skills will also improve. I think the main problem will be resources, really."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:28 pm

Ness nods "Yeah, if life gives you lemons, you'll have shitty lemonaid unless it also gives you some sugar to go with it." he mumbles "I actually got to meet Commander Data. Trust me, the files don't do the real him justice." he says.

"And while it's true that Starfleet had no luck making androids, you have to remember, they were aiming to try and make androids like Data." Ness points out "So far, no one here has made an android even close to Data..." he nods "Except for that one in there." he says.

"Also, about Lee and Dino making you a gynoid to protect your family, while they Might make it, they're greedy that way, I wouldn't count on using it to make others like her. Lee and Dino make it so their technology can't be reverse engineered." he points out "Also, why a gynoid? Why not a normal android?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:51 pm

"Why? We'll, as cheesy as it sounds it's due my younger years. See there was this anime with that premise except the gynoid in question ended sorta becoming a super hero while learning about normal life. It was sorta more of a well done Slice Of Life with fantastic elements then anything. Mecha Girl Suzy, though the reboot of the new one is pretty bad and most fans dislike it because it doesn't have the depth of the original. Kids love it though." Calvine shrugged a bit. Somewhere a little girl with blue hair sneezed. "Though you have a point. Honestly, I think making something with you would be better. Not only would I get more experience, but it would be a excuse for us to catch up."

(P.S. on a aside if you're curious, Mecha Girl Suzy is just a random anime I made up. It's a running gag so don't worry about find it lol)
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:05 pm

Ness thinks for a bit "Mecha Girl Suzy, huh? From the sound of the title character, I would guess she's more fighting robot, then android. Like Mega Man..." he mumbles, knowing that Calvine wouldn't have any idea what he was talking about

"So, how's Angelique? You guys expecting a kid yet?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:11 pm

"We'll, she still looked human so she was a android. It was just called that because it was a catchy title." At the least question Calvine paused. "Angelique is sterile, she can't have children. It's not the end of the world though, we have Sydney.""
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:24 pm

Ness nods slowly "That's too bad. Sorry to hear that...but you know, it doesn't Have to be that way." he says simply "Anyway, I wonder what KOS-MOS's personality is going to be like when/if she ever comes to." he mumbles more to himself "I would hate to have to destroy her after all the trouble I went through." she says, somewhat grumpy.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:33 pm

Calvine nodded. "Yeah, we'll just have to see. As for Angelique, if you have something in mind I'm all ears. On a side note, I found something pretty strange. There's a web site for recruiting super heroes of all things in this dimension. I have no idea how legit it is, my first gut is to say just people messing around. I kinda want to see, just because. The only super heroes I ever encountered were in other dimensions. I mean, I guess the Z-Fighters may count depending how one's definion of one is. Or even us."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:54 pm

Ness nods "Chances are good that it's legit. I've been reading about them in the papers in Tokyo. Stopping petty crimes and saving people from dangerous situations." he says.

"However, according to Batman, I'm not a hero. I'm a person doing what needs to be done, because it needs to be done." he points out.

"So, what about you? Do you consider yourself a hero?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:59 pm

Calvine shook his head. "No. And I'll expand on it. That's for others to decide, because in a way its dangerous. A lot of people in their own can use it to justify a lot of things in their head. I mean you Can call yourself a hero or think that but your actions may not match. Now the better question would I like to? And my answer is still no, because at the end of a day I'm just a man trying to make my place out of life like everyone else."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:10 pm

Ness chuckles "Well, we all have our own paths to follow. Yours is that of the Husband and Businessman...Mine, I'm not quite sure what my path is." he says.

"Maybe I have no path. Maybe I'm outside the wheel of fate. Maybe I'm destine for something greater...or, maybe I'm destine to wind up face down in the mud on some forsaken planet at the ass end of an unknown dimension." he says with a shrug.

"I tell you, man, almost nine hundred years of doing what I do, well, it starts to take it's toll on ya." he mumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:17 pm

Calvine was silent for a moment. "So..why not retire then man? Go to some dimension you like go from there? Unless you want to do what you do until you die? Which is fine if that's what you want, but I couldn't do it."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:23 pm

Ness shakes his head slowly "Because I made a promise to a friend. To keep fighting the good fight and helping those in need, for as long as I was able to." he didn't feel the need to go into much more detail then that.

"So, I supposes that's what I'll keep doing. For, I donno, ever I guess." he says with a sigh.

"I don't think settling down would be the right thing for me...all the girls I've fallen for...well, I've buried them all." he says, bitterly "Love and happiness, it seems, isn't in the cards for me." he mumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:00 am

Calvine frowned a bit at this. "I understand that part, and you're a man of your word but here's something else. Your friend, if he's a real friend would want You to be happy. After all the things you've done, the shit you went through, if they just went 'no, you can never rest, you have to do it literally forever until you mess up and die'. That doesn't really sound right."

"Maybe you can't settle down in the traditional sense.."
Calvine said slowly. "And as far as romance goes, I don't know what all you went through so I won't say anything on it. If its literally to the point something is constantly happening as in going wrong though where you Can't live a quite life even if you want to, it means something or someone has it out for you. Besides, you don't have to fight the good fight and help those in need by directly butting head with bad guys. There's other ways to do it."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:12 pm

Ness seemed to be looking off into a distance only he could see "My friend...her name was Paula. She taught me how to use my PK abilities. I made that promise to her while she lay dying in my arms, after she had used all her energy to save my life." he says slowly "She was the first girl I fell in love with." he says.

"You already know what happened to the second one I fell for." he says, refering to Dawn "And now, there's someone new and I've lost control of my PK abilities. I already put her in danger once, so who's to say it won't happen again?" he asks.

"As long as I remain here, I'll always be a threat to her, my friends and everyone. Unless I can get this situation under control. But I just can't abandon them either. They might still need my help with something." he says.

Finally looking at Calvine "So, now you see my dilemma. I can't stay because I'm a threat, but I can't leave because they might need me." he says with a sigh "So I do the only thing I can. I stay and do what I do best. Handle any situation that may arise." he says simply.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:27 pm

Calvine was quite for a long time before shaking his head. "We'll, that won't do. You've been through enough shit not to get your happy ending. You're my friend and I'll be damned if I don't at least try. Maybe I can figure out some way to control it. Sure, I know Lee and Dino are smarter but its not always the smartest person that discovers a new breakthrough. That or we figure something else. Now question; what triggered your powers going nuts? We have to start with the basics."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:01 am

Ness nods "I already know what the cause of all this is. Some time ago, I absorbed the energy of a powerful artifact called the Eye of Magnus. According to the lore of the world it's from, it has the power to chance the world however it's user wishes...so I'm guessing it has reality warping properties." he says.

"I've tried to lock onto the energy with my tricorder, but so far I haven't been able to do so. It's either as if my PK energy and the Eye of Magnus energy have become one, or this new energy doesn't give off any kind of signatures. Whatever the case, so far the two don't seem to be compatable. Since I've absorbed the energy of the Eye of Magnus, I havn't been able to use my PK abilities to their fullest, nore have I been able to use the "World changing' energy of the Eye of Magnus either." he says with a shrug.

"You remember. It happened before when we were on Kitt's home world and being chased by Decepticons." he reminds his friend "I tried to throw one and all I could do was knock it on two wheels." he says, shaking his head "Whatever this energy is, it might be bigger then us."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:38 am

Calvine frowned. "Hm..if we got stupidly lucky maybe we could Wish for it away but I kinda already used mine, and two we're never that stupidly lucky. Or at least, if we could back to visit the world that energy came from we could Maybe find something. Either way, we have to figure out a way around this energy. We could also ask Lee and Dino if they heard of this Eye of Magnus crap. Maybe not but it can't kill to ask."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:56 pm

Ness was silent, thinking "You know, I think, I might not want to get rid of this power..." he says slowly "I've been helping others with their problems for centuries, right? Sometimes it's been pretty hard to do that. But with this power, if I can learn to porperly control it and not have it messing with my PK abilities, I could do so much more to help others." he says in a low tone "Wouldn't that be worth a little discomfort on my part, if we can use this power for good?" he asks.

About this time, Dino comes walking out, he had blood all over his scrubs and gloves "Well, we did all we could for now. All we can do at the moment, is wait and see if her system will reboot. If her condition improves within the next few days, then it's likely she'll make a full recovery. If not..." he says with a shrug, pulling off his gloves.

Ness frowns "Wait, if she's an android and she was missing limbs without a drop, where did all that blood come from?" he asks.

Dino looks down as his scrubs "Oh, this? We smeared some fake blood on our scrubs and gloves to make this more dramatic then it needed to be." he says simply as he heads back to the work area.

Ness heaves a sigh, then looks to Calvine "Now you see why I Rarely do business with them?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:17 pm

Calvine shrugged. "Yeah, they're unique. Anyway I was wondering, you said you felt organic tech or at least mistook her for the borg. So..wouldn't our unknown android friend tecnically be a cyborg then? Or is it organic possibly in another way? Just a bit confused."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:05 am

Ness waves a hand "Best not to over think it. I don't. Since we're not the ones working on KOS-MOS, we shouldn't worry too much about it." he says as he starts out "Come on. Let's find some food. They said something about the next few days, so we've got some time to kill." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:29 am

"Yeah, but Ness, you have to understand I'm anal about this sort of stuff from a learning and curiousity point of view.
" Calvine said. "But yeah, we have a bit of time to kill before then."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:03 pm

Ness shrugs "The tricroder detected both organic and robotic elements within KOS-MOS, but so far as I can tell she's fullly robotic.." he says "Unless there's something I missed...or my tricorder is malfunctioning, which would be odd since I take excellent care of my gear." he mumbles the last part.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:13 pm

Calvine nodded a bit slowly to that. "Yeah. Let's just hope she's friendly. If she got mistaken for a freaking Borg Curb while fucked up and offline, imagine how powerful she'll be once fixed and actually trying." He said in a grim tone. "We probably lose even if we tag teamed them unless you have another trick up that backpack of yours."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:17 pm

Ness chuckles "Oh, you could say I have a few 'fail safeties' in there, just incase what we have, isn't enough." he says with a strange gleam in his eye.

He stops by a burger joint "My tummy is telling me this is where we're going to eat." he says "Then I have to head back to Tokyo to check up on my people."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum