Musings

2 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Musings - Page 5 Empty Re: Musings

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:56 pm

Cadmus shook the young woman's hand again. "Like wise, it was nice meeting you and I don't see that lightly." First impressions was so far so good, but he'd have to wait to really get to know them.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:37 am

Johns leads Cadmus out of a side door "Since you'll be the night shift, you've got the honor of having a top story room." he says, clapping Cadmus on the back "You'll need to be close by Miss Sylibus during the night shift, which is why you're staying here." he explains "Lucky dog!" he unlocks a room "And here you are. It's s little smaller then before, but it's still nice and there's a dumbwaiter, incase you need anything from the kitchen." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:09 am

What was that saying he heard before? Started from the bottom and now we're here? That really did seem to apply a lot in this situation so far.

Cadmus looked around. "I'm used to being in a box called a apartment or whatever I need to when I travel so you'll never hear me complain about anything. There anything else I should know before you leave?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:23 am

"Hah!" Johns laughs "While I would hardly call your apartment a 'box'. When I said smaller then before, I was talking about that penthouse suite you were staying." he chuckles "Rest easy for now. I'll be back with the security stuff to get you checked in." he says as he heads out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:31 am

Cadmus put his hands into his pockets as he waited and got a better look around. When he said he wasn't picky he really meant that, it took very little far as material things. In fact, material stuff was probably his least sought after thing besides the basics just to survive. The things he wanted money couldn't buy.

It did beg the question of what he Did want exactly as he couldn't entirely even explain himself.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:04 pm

About a half hour later, Johns comes back with a data pad of some kind and a small folder "Okay. All we need is your fingerprints and an eye scan and you're good to go." he says as he hands the pad to Cadmus "Just touch the screen with your hand and look into the camera and we're done." he explains as he slides the small folder over to him "Your keycard and personal passcodes are in there. They allow you unrestricted access to any part of the building." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:14 pm

When Johns came back, Cadmus did as he was asked. "Techology really has come a long way. That can be both a good and bad thing depending on who's using it or for what purpose but that's the nature of it. The 'good old' days people talk about revolved dying early and getting eaten by wild animals. So the only thing we can do is go forward."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:43 pm

Johns shrugs "Maybe. You know what they say, evolve or die, right? The way of Darwinism. Only the strong survive." he says "First it was Cro-Magnon vs Neanderthal, Cro-Magnon wins. Now it's Homo-Sapien vs Homo-Sapien Superior." he points out "We all know who's going to win that war. Hopefully I'm not around to fight it." he says.

He takes the data pad and nods "Okay! You're not free to move about the cabin." he says as he starts to head out "Take a few hours to yourself and get to know the layout of the building. There's also a map in that folder as well as a PDA. Keep it on you at all times." he says as he heads out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:56 pm

Was that really all it was? If so he didn't seem much in the future if they were doomed to the mistakes of the past. Homo Superior, he wasn't sure if that was in reference to Zoanthropes, hyopthetical or something else.

Shrugging, he went to explore and get a lay out of the area.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:13 pm

There was an access elevator that ran the length of the hotel down the hall from his room. This was convenient, since it meant that Cadmus didn't have to cut through Naomi's office every time he wanted to leave the building.

Just opposite of his room, across the office, was Naomi's room, which was much bigger then his. There was also a security room on this floor that had it's own private elevator and a secret door that lead to Naomi's office and room incase of an emergency.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:20 pm

We'll, this comes the exicting part of night shift. Waiting.

Cadmus would make good use of the security room and the secret door in case he needed to get to Naomi quickly if something came up. Naomi it seemed wasn't going to bed just yet and was doing her own thing which suited him just fine.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:34 pm

Since it wasn't time for his shift to begin, it made sense that Naomi wouldn't be going to bed. Cadmus's PDA gets a message. It was a text asking him to head to the parking garage. Naomi was going back to the construction site and they needed to secure the area.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:39 pm

Cadmus looked at the text and without further comment heading to the parking garage to where he was needed. The construction site was too large of a area for one person to secure alone(espeically knowing now there had been sharp shooters) but he didn't expect that to be the case.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:08 pm

And it wasn't. In the garage there was a team of six people standing by a creepy black van. They were in full tac armor, looking ready to fight a war. Johns comes walking out, dressed normal "Ah! Here you are. This is your team. You'll lead them in a general sweep of the area and if it's safe, report back and I'll take Miss Sylibus there." he explains.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:14 pm

What was it with black vans? But whatever. He had been around Baal and his creations enough that his 'creepy' thesehold tolerance was higher then the norm, plus on top of what he was.

"Got it..." He turned to the others. "Probably have my name but just so I have something to call you guys by out there, what are your names?" He..wasn't too sure about the 'leading' thing but he'd do his part. Being responsible for others people's lives like that wasn't something he wanted to do. Plus he wasn't cut out for it in his opinion.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:38 pm

Johns points to a patch on their armor. The patch read 'Alpha' and had a number after it "Those are their names. These men are PMCs. Private Military Contractors." he says "They're very good at what they do. So trust them to get the job done." he points out as he holds up some tac armor with a grin. The armor read 'Alpha Leader' on the front patch.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:12 pm

It took a moment for Cadmus to register and he wasn't sure that was correct or not. "Wait. You're the leader of this bunch?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:33 pm

Johns shakes his head "Nope. These are Your men to lead." he says "And this is Your armor to wear." he says with a chuckle "I'm going to be with Miss Sylibus during her meeting." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:56 am

Cadmus took the armor, but he was confused. "All right I guess but why was I chosen to lead? I'm not going to bullshit you, I have no experience leading a squad."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:12 pm

Johns shakes his head "Not according to our background check. From what it said, you were the one basically in charge of others like you and if not, then you did a damn good job faking it." he says "Also, your better than human eye sight will be very helpful in getting these men into position." he explains "Remember, they're professionals and very good at what they do. You just need to tell them where to go and they'll handle the rest." he points out, checking his watch "You have an hour to secure the area, because in an hour and five minuets, Miss Sylibus will be arriving." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:49 pm

It looks like he'd just have to work with it. He turned to the other men under his command. "If its a hour we have, let's make the best of it and get on it." He said as he headed into the van.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:58 pm

Cadmus's team follows to the van and as soon as they get into the van, they take off! It was a short drive to the rally point and the men file out of the van, awaiting Cadmus's instructions.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:33 pm

Cadmus got out and looked around before deciding to get this over with. "I want Alpha 1 and 2 to pair and go counter clock wise in a circle around the area. Three and four also pair up and go the opposite. Finally, five and six, I want you guys to do explore the roof tops were the attackers last were. Report back good vantage points and what might be a weak point. If you spot anything suspcicious let me and your teamates know. I'll be on the roof top myself. If there's no questions, let's get a move on."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:57 pm

The PMCs follow Cadmus's commands without question and spread out to their respective areas "Alphas One and Two, clear!" calls one team. "Alphas Three and Four, clear!" calls the other team "Alpha Five, in position! Nothing to report." calls another one "Alpha Six, all clear. Location reached." says the last of his team.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:24 am

Cadmus was looking around for anything out of the ordinary when he got to the roof tops. He got back to his team after a quick check. "Good. If everything is checked out, I want everyone on different roof's in pairs on different sides. Not only so you can watch other eachs back but make sure nothing gets to Naomi. You'll be her little guardian angels in the skies. Everyone have long ranged weapons?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum