Musings

2 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Musings - Page 2 Empty Re: Musings

Post by Namey Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:18 pm

"You need to keep your distance from that ninja and those he works for." the Knight says, more like growls "He's No friend to either you or the one you seek to protect." he flexes a clawed hand at that statement.

"He's part of a criminal organization called the Lin Kuei. They're hired killers, thieves, and thugs." he explains "They only care about money and getting the job done, by any means and if they're here, that means there's someone interested in Naomi Sylibus." he growls, clenching a fist.

"Whether or not this person had good intentions or not, I can not say. But keep an eye out them and me!" he hisses as he jumps upwards, back into the night!
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:56 pm

How the hell did all these people know so much? Great now he had someone else who had cards he really didn't know anything about.

We'll, whatever. He could mentally bitch as much as he wanted but He was the one who signed up for it; no one had forced him by gun point.

Cadmus decided to head back to the place he had been staying at, to make sure he didn't leave anything that shouldn't have behind just in case. Considering what had been happening lately he couldn't be too careful.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:39 pm

There was a good chance that if the Ninja knew where Cadmus was staying, then those he was working for did as well. However, if what the Knight said was half way true, then that would mean the Ninja and those he worked for meant Cadmus no harm, at least for now.

The Knight, for his part, didn't seem to know Cadmus or even care. He only seemed to be interested in who Cadmus was protecting, which meant he also had a stake in this deal.

And speaking of which, there was Naomi's bodyguard at Cadmus's apartment. He had knocked and was waiting for someone to answer, but judging from his frown, he seemed to come to the conclusion that there was no one home.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:42 pm

When Cadmus came to his apartment he noticed Naomi's bodyguard. He really wondered what he was doing here at the moment or how he knew where he was but he pushed it aside for now.

"Can I help you with something?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:12 pm

The bodyguard turns to face the one who spoke "Hi. Sorry to be a bother, but are you Mister Cadmus?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:14 pm

The Heartless nodded a bit. "Yeah, its me. This is my apartment, or was. I won't be staying here too much longer. Anyway what can I help you with?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:50 pm

The bodyguard holds out a hand "My name's Johns. Is there someplace we can go to talk?" he asks "It's probably not a good idea to conduct business in a hallway." he chuckles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:54 pm

Cadmus pulled out a key to open his apartment and motioned for the other man to enter. "You want anything? Though I admit I don't have too much at the moment."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:09 pm

Johns shakes his head "No thanks. To business." he says as he pulls out a card "I work for Naomi Sylibus, a very Important woman who's political ideals have made some powerful friends and even more so in enemies." he explains "Not too long ago, someone took a shot at her life and an anonymous tip said you had something to do with stopping it. We would like to hire as one of miss Sylibus's bodyguards, if you're interested." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:14 pm

It was probably the best he could hope for really, but what were the odds? Cadmus couldn't help but think it was either that ninja or that creature that had a hand with that but he wasn't sure who to trust. He hadn't had time to look into that organization Lados was apart of.

"I am. So, when do I start?" He asked. "I could do it about anytime, I don't have much with me and I tend to move around a lot."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:18 pm

Johns nods "How about right now?" he asks "If you'll follow me, we'll get all the paperwork out of the way, discuss payment and lodging, you know, the unpleasant stuff." he jokes "And we'll have to do a detailed background check, though we did a basic one for any criminal records and such, then I'll introduce you to Miss Sylibus." he explains.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:31 pm

To this, the former general shrugged. "Why the hell not? Sure we can start now, I'll follow you. How long have you been a bodyguard of hers?" He wasn't sure what ultimately he would do with his life, but he felt at least he was doing something instead of floating aimlessly like before.

That bastard Baal wouldn't have thought a expendable 'puppet' had made it this far on their own. Of course he wouldn't be bothering anyone ever again after he paid him a 'visit'. That had been the toughest fight in his life since he had that power of 'corruption' stuff he had been raving about, but he had used his arrogance against him to win even though he was the stronger of the two with it.

And in time, as a personal promise he'd one day get stronger then Baal ever would with his handed to him power up. Despite what he said, Cadmus didn't feel he was close to his limit what so ever, not by a long shot.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:37 pm

Johns thinks for a bit "About two years, give or take." he says "It has it's good points and it's bad ones as well." he points out "But this was the first time anyone's taken a shot at Miss Sylibus." he says as he starts out, heading to his car.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:44 pm

Cadmus nodded a bit to that. "Gotcha. If you don't mind me asking, what is Naomi trying to make around here? I understand people are gunning for her, has to be something important to rile them up like this."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:30 pm

Johns shakes his head "Not really sure." he says "Some say she's trying to buy that area to build low income housing for the less fortunate and others say she wants to build some kind of R&D facility there." he shrugs "Maybe it's both. Who really knows?" he says as he pops the trunk of his car "Go ahead and stow your stuff in there." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:36 pm

Cadmus put what little things he had with him in the trunk of the car. R&D? That was interesting but he had no clue what so ever if it was true. While Larry Had done things to make sure he checked out with a background check it was always a bit worrying. He, technically, didn't exist at least in having any sort of history here anyway.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:21 pm

Johns takes off, heading uptown towards an expensive looking hotel "Miss Sylibus owns this hotel and four others like it. She's got no need to worry about money either, because all of her hotels are constantly packed." he explains as he pulls up to the front door and a parking valet comes over as well as a bell hop, to get Cadmus's belongings.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:30 pm

"I don't know much about her personally, but the off hand information did say she had more then money to get by."
Cadmus said as he followed after the other man. "Are you her only bodyguard?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:44 pm

Johns nods "For the most part. I'm her main bodyguard. She has others, but they don't go where she goes." he says "You know, she was a huge help for getting my kind equal rights as humans." he says "That's why there are some who are a bit upset with Miss Sylibus. Because she fights for what's right." he says as he leads Cadmus to his room "Well, here you are. It's not the biggest, but I'm sure you'll get use to it." he jokes as the fact that Cadmus is staying in one of the four penthouse suites.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:55 pm

Cadmus looked around, it was pretty nice all around. "I think I can manage somehow. And yeah, I heard about that so makes sense some would be pissed about that still." He also remembered some Zoanthrope kid dying by taking a bullet for a human which was part of the reason things fell through. He felt that sad when people like that died before their while the assholes seemed to live forever. Not all the time of course but enough.

The person who wanted to help a shelter? Die via freak accident, murder or illness.

The person who stabbed puppies as a kid, the power hungry monsters who cut to get on top? Still very much alive.

It would be funny if it wasn't depressing.

"I know this sounds random but have you heard of a group called the Lin Kuei? I'm asking because I got a tip that apparently people from their end have interest in Naomi, for whatever reason."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:59 pm

Johns shakes his head, frowning "No. I honestly can't say that I have." he says "I wonder if they're the ones who tried to knock off Miss Sylibus this afternoon?' he asks, more to himself then anyone "It's something to look into, at least. For now, rest on up and I'll bring up the forums for you to sign tomorrow." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:56 pm

Cadmus had no problem with that. "In that case then I'll just take it easy back here. If you need anything else to talk about just lemme know."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:54 pm

Johns nods "Like wise. I'm just across the hall if you have any questions." he says as he heads out and over to his room.

The rest of the night was pretty uneventful as day comes around. It was close to noon when Johns came in with a folder. He had someone behind him with a trolley of food "Lunch time! Or breakfast, depends on when you got up." he chuckles.

Sitting down, he places the folder on a coffee table "Okay, in here we have all our usual consent forums giving us the go ahead to do a background check and we have some privacy and confidentiality agreements that say anything you see or hear while under the employment of Miss Naomi Sylibus is privileged information and will not be discussed amongst any unauthorized persons." he explains.

"There's also something in there about any injuries you sustain on the job you can't sue Miss Sylibus for them." he says "But you look like a hardy fellow. So we shouldn't have to worry about getting hurt." he chuckles as he eats a bagel and smear.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:00 pm

Cadmus shrugged slightly as he got to work. "Seems fair." It wasn't the first time he had filled something like this out so it really wouldn't be too hard. He had learned a awful lot about a great many things. The blank spaces that were left from his false memories could be fixed with actual real experience.

He kinda wondered how the old bastard Larry was doing, but he'd hear from him sooner or later.

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:04 pm

After Cadmus was finished, Johns looks everything over "Okay. Let me just send this to our people and within twenty-four hours we'll have the results." he says as he nods "Since you're not on the clock just yet, I suggest hanging out and taking a load off. There'll be plenty of work for us in the future, I suspect." he chuckles as he heads out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum