Did You Get What You Wanted?

2 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Did You Get What You Wanted? - Page 38 Empty Re: Did You Get What You Wanted?

Post by Namey Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:42 pm

Marcen turns to Natomi "Come on, we got work to do." he says to his fellow shinobi with a nods.

"Did you by any chance see a young man with white hair out there?" he asks "He's the one who gave the report. Meet with him and see if he can help." he suggests.

Marcen nods "Got it." he says and heads out. An eye witness would be great! He could lead them to the scene and they could investigate for clues or the girl's scent for him to track.

Samuel looks over to Jack "So, what was it you wanted?" he asks.

Jack spares Will a slight glance, but his friend seemed indifferent. Jack knew this tactic "I wanted to know if we got any word from the other team." he says.

Samuel shakes his head "On that, I must disappoint you, for we had not heard anything from them. However, rest assured that when we hear from them, you'll hear from them." he says with a confident smile.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:55 pm

Dysis, as it was was just minding his own business but he couldn't go back home just yet since he felt restless so he hadn't gone too far. When he noticed a young woman and man seemed to approach him he turned to them. "Can I help you two?"

Manny honestly had mixed feelings about contacting the Hunters but technically they had the same job. Though he had to wonder if other super hero groups began to emerge would it cause friction or rivarly with the two groups, but that was more of a after thought then anything else.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:31 pm

Marcen nods "Dysis Funano? My name's Marcen, I work with Jack Winters and he sent us to ask you more questions and perhaps your help in the investigation." he says.

If the young man went to them, instead of the police, than he must have feelings for this Tracy girl, even if he didn't recognize them yet. That could be a bit dangerous if not handled carefully.

Alice wasn't too worried about the New Hunter Alliance. So far, they seemed more concerned about keeping their heads down and regrouping after that coup d'état, to bother anyone. They still kept a few cells around to police things, but nothing Nearly as bad. This wasn't a good thing, however, as some of the Inhumans were becoming emboldened and were, at first, passively challenging the Hunters, but there were rummors about an open revolt.

After Marcen and Natomi were out of earshot, and Samue l heads down, Will sighs "It's as I thought..." he mumbles.

Jack frowns. He knew that expression as well "What's wrong with Sam?" he asks in a low tone.

Will looks over to Jack "Energy can not be created nor destroyed. Only redirected. That's how Alice's power work. Life for life." he says in a grim tone.

Jack gets an uncharacteristically dark look on his face "So you mean that when Alice brings a picture to life, she's giving it Her life?" he asks.

Will nods "Yes. And when the picture is dispelled, she gets her piece of life back. However, if the picture is destroyed, so is that part of her life. Now, what do you think happened when she gave life to one of her cards and used It, to give that young man life?" he asks.

Jack gets a sad look on his face "She was giving him life, at the cost of her own. So, what is it that you thought about Sam?" he asks.

Will frowns "The amount of her life force that Alice gave to Sam, isn't much. He's slowly using it  up. If I had to accurately guess, I would say five years, maybe seven on the very outside. No more then that. Then, one day, he will simply, stop..."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:18 pm

Dysis didn't see a problem with that, but he didn't think he could help too much but he would try. "Sure. I told much of everything to Jack but any little bit might help."

"To be honest, I really have no clue where to as much find them. Things changed up after what happened and I haven't exactly been keeping up with them. How much do you know about them?" He supposed it was something he should have kept tabs on but many other things had been on his mind.

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:10 pm

Marcen nods "Okay then. Let's get going." he says "The first place we will need to see, is the area of the abduction. From there, we'll get a better idea of what we need to do." he points out.

Alice thinks for a bit, pulls out her cards, rummages through them for a bit, and pulls out two of them "These should do nicely." she says, satisfied.

She holds one of them it, which glows brightly and a small, Fuzzy Monster with tiny wings. Alice holds up the other card, which also glows, and the little winged creature starts to multiply!

Alice smiles a bit "Okay, my Winged Kuriboh, go find me a Hunter!" she says as she points out and the swarm of fuzz balls lazily fly off. Alice looks over to Emanulle "It should only be a matter of time now."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:31 pm

It didn't take them too long to reach where they needed to go though Natomi made a bit of small talk. It was more information gathering then anything. "How long have you known Tracy?"

Dysis shook his head. "I don't really know her, know her. She's more a aquatience then anything since I've only literally bumped into them twice."

Emanulle wasn't too sure about it, but he would trust in Alice abilties. There was no drawbacks to her powers really, that he knew of. "Then we wait. Hopefully who ever we find is reasonbale." They didn't have direct proof of what happened but still it was probably something to look into for them regardless.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:49 pm

Marcen looks around the area, slightly puzzled "Well, I can tell you one thing, they didn't teleport out of here." he says.

He points "I can find some faint drag marks, starting here, but they fade. However, the scent associated with the foot prints belong to, whom I assume, would be Tracy. Unless this Vladimir person likes to wear woman perfume." he mumbles the last part.

Alice was sitting on a bench, waiting, as she was ruffling through her cards, looking completely bored. She looks up, as if something had gotten her attention, and looks around, then goes back to her cards.

One of her Kuriboh comes floating back, making a soft cooing noise. There was an oddly dressed Nun walking a bit behind it. She stops when she sees the winged fuzz ball come to a stop by Alice "May I assume that this creature belongs to you?" she asks in a flat tone.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:30 pm

Dysis looked just as puzzled. "Then, I have no clue what could of happened because they vanished right in front of me." He said, sounding a bit frusterated, more at himself.

"Sometimes things aren't always they appear to be, on the surface. Don't get frustered, its easier to make mistakes that way." Natomi says, as if talking from experience.

Emanulle nodded a bit. "It's from my friend Alice, and my name is Emanulle. Are you a Hunter? If so, we could use a moment of your time to explain a possible threat." Since Alice was usually a bit more on the shy and skittish side at times, he figured he'd do most of the talking probably.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:32 am

Marcen knew exactly what happened "If they didn't teleport, the only logical thing left to explain how they disappeared, is speed." he says.

To demonstrate, he blurs slightly, and was gone! Only a faint whiff od dust to indicate that he was there "There are some people out there who can move so fast, it looks like they simply vanish." he says, suddenly behind Dysis.

"If that's Truly the case, this will work for us, as I can track Tracy's scent, now that I have it." he points out. What he Didn't say, was that it would probably be better if Sam were with them, geing a wolf and all, he's got a Much better sense of smell than Marcen ever would have.

The nun nods slightly "I am, indeed, a Hunter. What is this threat you speak of?"she asks.

Alice, for her part, had no problem letting Emanulle take the lead in this conversation. She simply dispels her monsters and puts her cards back.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:03 pm

"It was a blessing in disguise then, in a way."
Natomi said after Marcen finished which confused Dysis a bit.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"If he moved fast enough to your perception it seemed that not only he teleported but wasn't in the area, then it means he is greatly faster then you. Which means, if you had fought them you might have been badly hurt or possibly killed with no one to tell where Tracy is trying to play hero. No offense, I'm just being honest."

"None taken."

Natomi glanced at Marcen. "We need to proceed very cautiously since we have no idea what they're capable of."

With her attention, Emanulle went on with it giving a summarized version of things with enough details for something to go on. He did wonder if this woman was really a nun or was more the outfit, but he wasn't going to ask.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:59 pm

Marcen had to wonder how Anyone could get confused by his explanation over Natomi's. Which lead him to question the wits of the young man.

He looks to Natomi "I agree. Which means this now just became a stealth mission." he informs the two of them "I'll let you both know when we start to get close to where Tracy's being held." he says as he starts off.

He was going at a normal pace for the moment, not wanting to rush and lose the trail or go too slow and have the city to chew through Tracy's trail.

Shanoa listens with a neutral expression and when Emanulle finishes all she initially says is "Interesting.". A few minuets of thinking later and she shakes her head "My apologies, but I have no knowledge of this symbol or any 'Outsider'." she says.

Alice reaches in her hip pack and pulls out a small book that read 'Tobin's spirit guide 60th Edition' and she flips through it until she finds what she was looking for and she holds up the small book. It was a picture of The Outsider "This is him." she says.

Shanoa shakes her head "No. I have not seen anyone matching that description in any books. Tobin's Spirit Guide, huh? Interesting." she says "I will, however, keep an eye out for him and this symbol. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The New Hunter Alliance will handle this matter."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 06, 2016 8:04 am

Natomi didn't blame Dysis too much, some times you missed the obvious even if you were normally on average a intelligent person, espeically in stressful situations. It happened to civilians a lot and she had been guilty of it some times herself before.

What she was more concerned about, was how many loose cannons did this Outsider character hand power to like candy canes.

"Thank you. If anything else comes up how would we go about contacting you?" He was going to ask where Alice had gotten that book from later.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri May 06, 2016 5:49 pm

Marcen, while stacking the trail, suddenly stops and folds his arms, a frustrated look on his face. He starts taking in deep breaths as he starts tapping a hand on his leg, as if trying to get the scent back.

In reality, however, ALL of Marcen's Shinobi training was practically Screaming at him that he was being followed and he He was being followed, so were the others. He also knew that if His Ninja Senses were tingling, so were Natomi's, and him tapping his hand on his leg in frustration(the leg that has his Kuni sheath on it), was his way of signaling they were in possible danger.

Shanoa shakes her head "I'm sorry, but I don't carry one of those cellular devices on me." s he says, referring to a cell phone, but Alice had to wonder why she called it that "If you wish to get a hold of me, come to the Northern Church of the Holy Light. Ask for Sister Shanoa." she says, then curtseys slightly, and starts off.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu May 12, 2016 1:18 pm

Natomi Did notice but didn't make it obvious that she did catch on that someone was following her. Instead, to untrained observer it would seem like she was still blissfully unaware anything was going on, but someone like Macen would know better.

If my math is right, it has to have been at least ten to fifteen minutes since Dysis went to the shop and back.

Emanulle turned to Alice once Shanoa left. "I'm a bit curious, where did you get that book? It's the first time I've heard of it."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu May 12, 2016 9:41 pm

While the two ninja were secretly deciding on what to do about their current problem, a thick fog suddenly rolls in, surrounding the three and the entire area!

Marcen instantly knew what this was. He moves over to Natomi "It's the Hidden Mist-Jutsu. A ninjutsu that's native to my village." he says to his teammate "Which means, we're under attack from Ninja from my own village!" he says as he pulls out a kuni and gets ready to battle!

Alice blinks in surprise at Emanulle's question "I, uh, got it online. I was browsing through occult books one day, to see if I could find some answers to my questions and there it was." she explains "After reading the description, I thought it would come in handy. Most of what's in it isn't very useful and what Is, we already know." she finishes.

As she finishes, a Zoanthrope comes walking over to them. She was dressed like she was looking for a fight. The Zoanthrope stops over by them "Hello. Sorry to interrupt, but I couldn't help but over hear parts of your conversation..." she says, making a joke about her ears.

Alice frowns slightly "Excuse me, but eavesdropping is very rude. And so is interrupting a private conversation, for that matter." she says, trying her best to sound offended.

The young woman holds up her left hand, showing Manny and Alice the back, which had a very recognizable Brand on it "I heard you mention the Outsider and I would like to know where to find him as well." she says, no longer in a joking mood.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 13, 2016 12:05 pm

Dysis frowned at this, Ninjutsu? So it must have been a special technique of some kind. But if they were from the same village why were they attacking? Maybe some bad blood.

Regardless it looked like a fight was under their hands potentially.

"I thought you parted on good terms."
Natomi would have time to talk about it later as she slid into a fighting stance. It probably more then safe to say it was an attack rather then some from his village deciding to join Marcen' group.

The young woman was attractive and at first glance he thought she was a Taru until she came closer. While very similar looks wise, there was Very slight diferences. Given where he was, it was probably safe to say they were just one of many Zoanthropes types around, even if it was first time seeing one of this type.

Alice didn't sound intimidating at all(bless her heart) but it was just Alice and part of her charm.

It was the brand and last part that caught his attention to. "So you got marked by them too." He said slowly, thinking about how much to reveal to the young woman or not. He didn't know them or their intentions so it was best to play it with a side of caution. Give the benefit of the doubt, but don't trust blindly as a mentor of his would say.

"I've seen that mark before. If I may ask, why do you want to find the Outsider?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri May 13, 2016 1:14 pm

Marcen's eyes were searching through the fog, which also blocked his sense of smell, which gave him a clue about whom they were facing "I did. This is someone from my clan. This jutsu was made by my clan for my clan." he says.

There was a slight *Swish!* sound, which told Marcen that someone had thrown kuni and since the noise came from his side, it meant he was the target.

Marcen uses his weapon to block and deflect the on coming projectiles and then he disappears into the thick fog! The sound of metal on metal clashing can be heard as the two shinobi lock in kombat!

"From the parts of the conversation I heard and what you just said now, I take it that either you or someone close to you got hit with this brand." she says "Which leads me to believe that you know much more about the Outsider then I currently do."

"As for why I want to find him, so I can thank him Personally for 'gifting' me with this cures mark!" she says as she slams her fist into her hand, signaling that she wanted to beat someone up.

She calms down and extends her nonbranded hand " I'm Charity Morrison, by the way." she says in a cooler tone.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 18, 2016 11:22 am

Natomi cursed under her breath, she didn't want to accidentally hit her friend so she had to play this carefully. She stretched her senses and moved closer to the ensuring combat so she could get a idea where the enemy was before doing anything.

Emanulle not wanting to be rude shook her hand. "Emanulle Santos. If you want I can take you to talk to someone." To be honest they didn't much of anything about them, but there was no harm in letting her talk to Jack, besides they were suppose be helping.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu May 19, 2016 8:36 pm

The clashing of shinobi continued, until it suddenly stopped, then there was a frustrated scream from what sounded like a young woman. Then the thick fog started to dissipate.

Once it was gone, there was Marcen, standing behind a Young woman, who was also a shinobi, but a Zoanthrope as well.

She as on her knees, tied up with some kind of code or rope. She was struggling to get free, with no luck "It's alright now." he says to the others, then focuses on the struggling kunoichi "Dixie, what the hell are you doing here, and why did you try to attack me?" he asks.

Alice frowns a bit "May I speak with you for a moment?" she asks Emanulle as she grabs his sleeve and drags him away from Charity "We can't just go letting anyone know where our base is." she says in a low tone, casting an glance to the bunny girl.

"I say we call Jack and have him meet us here. No harm in being on the cautious side." she points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu May 19, 2016 8:43 pm

Natomi relaxed a bit and Dysis gave a weary look. The former wasn't too sure but if Macen was positive she was cool, she would let it drop.

"You have a point, but I wasn't going to." He hadn't had intention to do that, but he did for her meeting Jack. Manny hoped Jack wasn't busy when he tried to contact him. Though it did make him think if how they had things set up was the best idea. Unless he was in the middle of something, he shouldn't have issues contacting him on the com.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri May 20, 2016 12:47 pm

Marcen looks over to the others "You must excuse her, she's not as well mannered or Trained as I am." he says, looking down at Dixie "If you behave, I'll let you go." he says.

The young ninja stops struggling and Marcen drops the ropes. Dixie slowly stands, glaring at Marcen "Natomi, this is Dixie. My little sister, who Should be back at the village and not trying to pick a fight with her brother." he says, rebuking his sister.

The com beeps for a second "This is Jack, what's up, Manny?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 20, 2016 1:39 pm

Natomi was confused as was Dysis, if they were their sister them attacking raised a number of questions. "What's this all about?"

Once Jack was on, he went straight to the point. "Me and Alice met someone who was marked by our Outsider friend, I think you should come meet and talk to them."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri May 20, 2016 2:11 pm

Marcen nods slowly "That's what I would like to know as well." he says, looking at his sister "Why are you here?" he asks.

Dixie looks over to Natomi and Dysis "This isn't for outsiders to hear." she says in a short tone

Marcen rolls his eyes and leads her off. What they were talking about seemed to disturb Marcen and what he was saying to Dixie seemed to disturb her as well. He shakes his head and heads back to the group.

"Okay, let's get going." he says, sniffing the air slightly "The trail's this way." he says and starts out.

There was a pause on the other end "Okay. Good work. I'll be there shortly. Stay put." he says, then the line beeps and goes dead.

A minuet later Jack comes floating down, looking like some Greek God descending from Mount Olympus. This gets a hushed "Oh wow!" from Charity.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 20, 2016 3:30 pm

While Natomi was curious of the attack out of nowhere for seemingly no reason, the world may never know. That was fine though, it wasn't her business and she had other things to focus on more important. She just hoped things didn't go south when they found Tracy or worse case scenario what state they might find them in.

Emanulle greeted Jack when he came down. "Jack, this is Charity, Charity Jack."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri May 20, 2016 5:07 pm

Their travels took them into the city and to a disaster zone that was marked off. This didn't stop them. Marcen leads the three others to a condemned apartment building.

Marcen stops "She's in there. I can hear her struggling to get free of her binds. We should call for backup before-" he stops talking as his sharp ears pick up the sound of someone walking down the stairs!

Marcen and Dixie both disappear from sight, taking up spots where they can see, but not be seen. At least not by normal means.

Charity offers a hand to Jack "A pleasure to meet you." she says in a slight coy tone.

Jack takes her hand, seeming oblivious to her charms "Likewise. You said you wanted information about the Outsider? Well, we require information as well." he says.

Charity seemed to be staring deeply into Jack's eyes "My, what a strong grip you must have." she says.

Jack nods as he raises his other arm and flexes it. It makes the creaking sound of old leather "Of course. I work out daily and eat as healthy as I can." he says with a 'million dollar smile' "Now, about that information."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next