Did You Get What You Wanted?

2 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Did You Get What You Wanted? - Page 23 Empty Re: Did You Get What You Wanted?

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 13, 2015 8:13 am

Isaac stood up slightly straighter when Jack approached. "Afternoon, sir. My name is Isaac Raymond and this is my sister Zyna."

"We came here after submitting our profiles on the site that claimed to be super hero group. This, um is the real thing right?" She'd be incredibly embarrassed if it wasn't, since it was Her idea to come here when her brother in the first place.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 13, 2015 1:59 pm

Jack nods "We are, indeed, the real deal. You had submitted your profiles on our site? That's awesome! Unfortunately, we've so busy, I really hadn't had time to look them over." he explains "However, I thank you for your interest in joining our team and coming here in person."

He motions for them to take a seat "Please, have a seat. I would like to get some more information about you two and I suspect, you both would like some more info on us." he says with a smile.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 13, 2015 3:41 pm

Zyna found herself a seat and sat down. "Thank you. I was a bit nervous in coming here because I wasn't sure how we would be recieved. We'll try to answer questions you have but some we might be able to answer straight away until things clear out and I'm sure its the same on your end."

The former soldier turned to Jack. "I would like to know if self defense is handled in a sane matter, basically as the law has it right now. What I mean to say is a being is attacking and the only way to prevent them from killing civilians is to seriously harm or worse would we have to stand there? I only ask because fictional super heroes codes have..soemthing to be desired. And where we come from our knowledge of super heroes probably doesn't apply."

"We know disabling and capturing are the go to with this and we aren't a bunch of heartless killers, but we would just like to know what standards and legal pitfalls are there." Zyna added in, it seemed both had put a lot of thought into it.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 13, 2015 4:15 pm

Jack shakes his head "We wouldn't be Super Heroes if we didn't have a code of conduct that we adhere to. If the only options are to let a super villain harm innocents or take him out, then neither of those are options to us. There's always another way." he says.

"Our mandate is to protect the civilians, protect the city and possibly the world and the preservation of life. Even the bad guys." he says.

Then shrugs "It's a broad job description. We're the ones who make the impossible, possible. As for legal pitfalls, we try to stay out of the local authorities way, but if they or the Hunters can't handle the situation. That's where we come in." he says with a dash of pride sprinkled on his words.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 13, 2015 4:57 pm

Zyna clapped her hands and smiled. "Good. I was hoping for something like that. If I may ask, how many members do you have right now?" It would be good for her older brother, she felt. It was similar but different then what he did already and he'd be protecting people.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 13, 2015 5:09 pm

Jack holds his hand up "One thing at a time. Let me go over your profiles and see what we have there and talk it over with the other members, then I'll give you a call for a more in depth discussion." he says "Sound good?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 13, 2015 5:15 pm

Zyna nodded and stood up. "That's fine. Thank you for having us and it was nice meeting you."

"Have a good day." Isaac said as he stood up as well to walk out with his sister.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 13, 2015 5:21 pm

Jack sees the two off and heads back down to the base "Buddy, can I have the profiles for Isaac and Zyan Raymond?" he asks "Transfer them to my personal computer in my quarters, please." he says.

"Sure thing. Say, what do you want I should do with our guest?" he asks "He's saying that he told you everything he knows and was wondering what you plan on doing with him." the AI explains.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 13, 2015 5:26 pm

"That's a good question. What Are we going to do with them?" Emanulle asked Jack.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 13, 2015 6:19 pm

Jack shrugs "Well, we can either keep him here in hopes that he'll see the error of his ways and join with us, we can turn him over to the local authorities and hope they can deal with him, or we can turn him over to the Hunters." he says.

"And lastly, the craziest option of them all, we can let him go since he, technically didn't do anything." he says "The problem with that is, if we let him go, there's a good chance he'll head back to the people Lexica work with." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 13, 2015 6:45 pm

Emanulle thought for a long time. "I'm honestly not sure since each has their pro's and cons."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 13, 2015 7:05 pm

Jack nods "True enough. But we need to think of something." he sighs "I'll run the options past our guest and see what he thinks. It's his future we're trying to determine after all." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 13, 2015 7:13 pm

"Go ahead then, I'll leave that to you." Emanulle said to his friend. "Then when you come back we can call the others and go from there."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 13, 2015 7:16 pm

Jack shakes his head "Not yet. Buddy hasn't reported back from scouting out the enemy stronghold." he says "Besides, I don't think any of them have made any progress, otherwise they would have linked in." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 13, 2015 7:20 pm

Emanulle nodded slowly. "Fair enough. So, two possible recruits I heard. First impressions so far? Though I don't think its always a good idea to go by just that. Some people have been bothered by..we'll..me. For whatever reason."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 13, 2015 7:24 pm

Jack eyes Emanulle "Who's been bothered by you? Not one of our teammates." he says "As for first impressions, The brother is iffy, but the sister seems to have potential." he says "I'll know more once I take a look at their profiles. Unfortunately, I won't be able to get to them until this situation with Lexica and her team is resolved." he says with a sigh.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 13, 2015 7:32 pm

Emanulle shook his head. "Nobody here, no but I'm talking about strictly in the past. It's not important. And if they're worth their salt, neither of them won't mind waiting so I wouldn't worry about it."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 13, 2015 7:41 pm

Jack nods "Good point. I'll see you in a bit and let you know what happens with out friend." he says as he heads to the brig.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 13, 2015 8:07 pm

Emanulle watched them leave before heading back to his room to get a few other things done. He hoped they found something for Alice soon.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 13, 2015 8:34 pm

It might just be as Jack had said, since they hadn't linked in, they must not have found anything new about the current situation and speaking of whom, Alice was still passed out in the infirmary.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 13, 2015 8:47 pm

Manny decided to spend some time in the infirmary to check on Alice again. It was around that time Natomi and Ramona finally came back, they hadn't found much of anything much to their dismay.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 13, 2015 9:05 pm

Samuel and Marcen were still out and about. However, as it turned out, Samuel would probably be gone for a bit, since Alice's family was all the way in America. Marcen's target, on the other hand, was much closer to home.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 13, 2015 10:45 pm

Natomi and Ramona decided to just grab something to eat and dicuss what was next. Emanulle however would remain in the infirmary for now until something happened.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 13, 2015 11:04 pm

Marcen comes back a few hours later. He had a couple of thick books. He greets the others, saying he Might have something that matches Alice's illness, but he needed to research it a bit more before he could tell if it was anything important.

There was still no word from Samuel. But Jack comes back, having had a Very long talk with their guest. Buddy reported that he had finishes his scouting of the area and was returning to the barn. Jack would need some time to look over the footage before telling everyone what he had learned.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri May 15, 2015 8:17 am

When Ramona noticed Jack coming back and greeted them. "Welcome back. How did the talk go?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next