Can't Fight Fate

2 posters

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Can't Fight Fate - Page 6 Empty Re: Can't Fight Fate

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:35 pm

Camlo had already excused herself while the two teens talked and caught up.

Hiroshi chuckled at the last part. "Some things never change. Come on, I'll show you to the kitchen. You're probably starving." He did wonder if Christine knew what race his friend was but it seemed like it. Not that he cared, he wasn't human and she and the others knew what he was already.

That came Completely left field. "Uh..a adopted younger sister named Kyco. Why?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:52 pm

Suki nods "I'm starving. Hey, what happened to that Knight creep?" she asks, looking around "And...where are we for that matter?" she asks again.

Abraxus nods "I use to have a sister as well. Amy. She was my whole world. I was about five years older then her, but that hardly mattered. We were inseparable." he says in a low tone "When I left for college, I heard she cried for almost the whole day. I called her and told her to be strong for me...in my second year at law school...yeah, I was going to be a lawyer. Can you believe it...in my second year, I get a call to the Dean's office..." he pauses in his story for a bit "There was a sheriff waiting for me there...he told me that my family, my mother and sister, had been attacked by that murdering psychopath, Cedrick Darkside..." he almost growls.

He looks at Torin, his eyes filled with so much hate for Cedrick is was almost unreal to think this was the same guy "I never want to have to see a family destroyed by things that live in the dark and prey on the innocent again." he growls "I couldn't stop Cedrick Darkside, but you can bet I'll stop this thing." he says in a forced calm. Then turns and starts walking "You should see your sister...let her know you're alright." he mumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:19 pm

He shook his head. "The knight, whatever they were got their ass kicked by some Hunters. Remember when I vanished? I was stuck in some odd pocket realm or something. I met a guy named Torin who wields something called a keyblade and a woman named Camlo who like me isn't human. Anyway, we're in their place for now until you got back on your feet."

Cedrick huh? Wasn't she dead? If she wasn't he wondered how she survived so long considering how hated she was for those who knew her. If he recalled she went after half-breeds so it stood to reason she probably pissed off some very powerful people off eventually.

If I didn't know any better I'd think she'd had grade A Plot Armor. That or someone in high places is watching her back. Or low in this case.

He let the other man finished before nodding. "..Way ahead of you, I was going to check in with them anyway. I'll see you in a bit." He felt bad for his family but the usual 'sorry for your loss' felt fake as shit even if he meant it. Abraxus never opened about his family before, he had no idea what his mother, sister or father had been like but he hadn't felt his place to ask
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:53 pm

Suki follows Roshi to the kitchen, where Christine was making something to eat for her and Hiroshi. She had made a few sandwiches, some leftover pizza and some sodas. When the two get to the kitchen, she excuses herself.

Mad and Shadow come back to the safehouse at the sametime, having finished their investigation. Shadow gives his reports to Mad, who heads downstairs to Harlan's dungeon.

Christine seems to get the 'hibigeebies' when Mad's around for some reason. But as soon as he's gone, she seems fine. She looks over to Camlo "That guy creeps me out." she says.

Abraxus just seemed to wander on autopilot, in deep thought about a great many things, both past and present. He would have to set a surveillance detail on the Izumi kid, both of them, to make sure that they're safe from whatever it is that's after them. The both of the.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:07 am

Hiroshi really wasn't super hungry but he'd eat something, Suki would eat more then enough for the both of them. "So while I was missing, what all did I miss besides us finally getting someone else to help?"

As for Camlo, she did what she usually did and found a spot to sit and read. Out of all the members of the cell, she was one of the most introverted. She looked up from her book, putting a place holder. "Mad? I guess he's a bit intimidating but he doesn't bother me for whatever reason." She shrugged. "Maybe because I'm a being of the dark."

Then again Christine and many others didn't feel uncomfortable around her. It made her think of something she heard about in her travels about people having different 'feel' to them not just due to their race but who they were as a person even if they couldn't directly sense it. That was why, even with normal humans some would make others extremely uncomfortable even when not doing anything balant and so on. So she probably gave off a calming feel.

"That said, what all did me and Torin miss? I know there was mess with that attack and the council."

Natomi wasn't sure what she was going to do with herself but she was struggling to find out exactly where she wanted to go. She guessed it was kinda silly in hindsight since she was so young, she couldn't expect to know what she wanted to do. She liked helping people but other then that where could she take it? Did she want to settle down in a quite, peaceful life or do something else?

It didn't matter for now, she guessed. She'd find out where she wanted to go someday. While it was a bit cold this time of the year she wasn't too bothered by it because of what she was, but she did dress a bit warmer.

As she moved about the city she noticed Abraxus, who to her seemed to be a bit elsewhere. Normally she'd ignore and keep going but it couldn't hurt to just ask if they were all right before going on their way.

"Sorry to bother you, but are you all right?"

Can't Fight Fate - Page 6 Kasumi4-1
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:42 am

Hiroshi was right, Suki was eating like she hadn't eaten anything in forever! Which was, kinda comical, actually. She would politely ask if Hiroshi was going to eat something, then snarf it down.

Christine shrugs "Then you two should get along great." she mumbles "It's like, he's got an intimidating Presents about him. It makes almost everyone naturally uneasy." she shrugs again "Well, everyone except Joyce. She seems to have a 'thing' for the guy, which is creepy because he can travel through the shadows, meaning he can be An-" her words were cut off by an incoming video file.

It was from Shadow "Christine, you're going to want to see this!" he says as the video that was Just on the air plays. The one with Amadeus "This was just on most of the stations!" Shadow hisses.

Christine gasps in horror as she watches the video, tears spring to her eyes, that suddenly start glowing a deep, blood red! A low growl emits from her as she suddenly crushes her phone "I'll..." she starts, she was shaking with rage, then she closes her eyes and takes a DEEP breath and calmly opens her still glowing eyes "If you'll excuse me. I need to find and kill someone." she says in a calm tone as she turns and starts out.

Abraxus turns to Natomi "Oh, it's you again." he says, then shakes his head "No, well, it's complicated. I've got a thousand things on my mind all at once and some of them are unpleasant but need to be done anyway." he explains "Nothing that can't be worked out with some thought behind it." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:27 am

Hiroshi noticed his question wasn't answered but he really didn't mind or care at the moment because he was so happy to have her back. That and Suki got like this when she was in the zone for 'eating'.

Camlo had No clue what was going on but she had a strong educated guess. She didn't want Christine going alone without having a clue what was going on or what she was up against. "I'm coming with you."

Natomi hummed a bit. "You sound like me. I have a couple of things on my mind I need doing. Some are nice and others, not as much. I know this family that owns a tea shop around here I'm heaidng to, it helps relax me sometimes. If you like you can come with me, but if not I wish you well and hope things work out."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:07 pm

Suki finishes up and lets out a small hiccup, she covers her mouth in embarrassment "Excuse me." she giggles, then clears her throat "Uh, no. Not really. Oni are Oni, no matter the time. Oh, Takumi has been getting increasingly ill and we just don't know what to do about it." she says with a worried expression.

Christine stops outside and looks over to Camlo "I really don't think that's a good idea." she says with an almost unnerving calm, considering how she was just a minuet ago. Looking away, as she spreads her wings, she stoops down alittle, then with a MIGHTY push off with her wings, she shoots into the air and into the night sky!

Abraxus really didn't feel like talking or being around anyone at the moment, but maybe that's what he needed. Something to take his mind off things for a moment, before all the insanity settles in again. He nods "Alright. I'll take you up on that." he says "Lead the way." he says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:56 pm

Hiroshi frowned a bit. "What are some of the symptons?"

Camlo watched her leave before shaking her head before heading back. She heard how supposedly sometime lost her cool, but she'd trust her.

Natomi lead the young half-devil to the small shop that was in the middle of some other stores. It was pretty plain from the outside so most people would miss it but once inside was the distinc smell of tea, some tables and a few other people but it was hardly crowded.

There was one table that was empty that looked like it would suffice so she went with that one. A middle-aged woman came over before. "What can I get for you today?"

"I'll just have my usual." Natomi said.

"Right.." She scribbled something down on a notepad. "And you sir? We have a bit of everything, far as tea goes anyway."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:29 pm

Suki shrugs slightly "Well, he's lethargic, labored breathing, erratic heartbeat, constantly drained of energy and sometimes he lapses into a coma-like sleep and won't wake up no matter what." she says, sounding worried "My mother and I have tried eve kind of healing spell and potion we can think of and nothing's helping. So I went out to see if I could find something else that might help and that's when the Knight attacked." she mumbles.

Shadow comes walking out "Let me guess, she lost her cool and stormed off?" he asks, shaking his head "That's understandable I suppose." he mumbles.

Abraxus shakes his head "Just water for me, please." he says, then looks to Natomi "So, if I may ask, whatever became of that little inhuman girl I last saw you wish and who were those men after her?" he asks.

((Christine's out for now))
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:49 pm

Hiroshi was silent after for a bit. "You know..I could chalk it up as just a concidence, but between that attack and what you said its either the Oni or something supernatural behind it. I can't say for sure though."

Camlo shook her head. "I probably would have acted the same way in her shoes." She seemed to be channeling that anger a bit better then before so that was something at least. She turned to Shadow. "That being said, I didn't get to finish my conversation with her but what did me and Torin miss? I know the council was in a bad way before we vanished but.."

The other woman nodded and left the two as Natomi blinked for a second. "Oh. Ameya? She's fine, I still check up on them. After those men ran off, I went looking for a man named Espen Goldsmith to get her situated. Currently she's staying with a clan of Dog Demons so she's pretty safe, they're pretty fond of them. Both her parents are no longer with her, so she's been out on her own. You wouldn't know about her situation because the way she acts. We can learn a lot from that."

"As for the men.." She frowned a bit more. "I did some digging on them. You see, there's basically something of I guess you could say 'slaver ring'. They go to different worlds briefly and take a Very small amount of people of interest so no one really notices, after all people vanish all the time. They grab what will bring them the most net gain or is hot on the market."

"Certain races will meet demands of certain clients, if want power for example they'll go after something strong but young so they can 'mold' them to whatever. Ameya fit in that catergory, she's something called a Draner. If some clients want some.." She paused looking uncomfortable. "If the client wants a race that appeals to them a lot physically sense certain races have a almost supernatural look to them they'll do that. I'll let fill in the blanks about that one."

Natomi shook her head. "I got that information from one when confronted but he killed himself. Dead men tell no tales after all." She mumbled.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:38 pm

Suki blinks in surprise "Wait, what? You think an Oni is behind my brother's illness?" she asks in equal surprise, then she falls silent, thinking as well "I suppose that's a possibility, but what would an Oni have to gain from harming my brother and not going after me directly, if they knew who I was..." she asks, still thinking "A better question is, how would they have even found out who I really am?" she asks in a low tone.

Shadow frowns "Thing have gotten out of hand." he mumbles "The leader of Abraxus's old Cell, Mulcahy, has pretty much taken over the Hunter's Council and not only has he declared war on the Mystic race for the unprovoked attack on HQ, he's basically turns the more loyal Hunters loose on the Night Creatures." he explains "Well, as you can guess, our Cell isn't the most popular among the rest of the Cells because of Christine. So far, nothing's happened because of it, but I feel that it will and so does Abraxus. That's why he's kept us in pairs." he finishes.

Abraxus frowns slightly "Dead tell no tales, huh? I wouldn't be so sure about that..." he mumbles "A clan of Dog demons, you say? I was under the impression that they were endangered and there was only like, less then a half a dozen, let alone enough to make a clan." he says "I'll have to inform the Hunter's Council about this new information..." he mumbles as he writes something in his notepad "Same with those 'Slavers' and these 'Draner'. Now that we know about them, we can keep an eye on them." he says.

Then puts his notepad away and stands "Well, I have to be getting back to my team." he says with a nod "Thank you for the company. You be safe in your travels." he says, bidding Natomi farewell.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:08 pm

"I don't know..." Hiroshi was thinking. "One thing I can think of is to make you suffer but the Oni that we've been fighting so far never seemed over the top cruel. Then again they are getting stronger so who knows."

Camlo frowned slightly. "I remember, but what proof that it was even a Mystic that did it? They aren't the only race that can make things explode over a wide radius and I don't think anyone saw the attacker."

"Plus.." She added. "Going to war due to a single invidual is in my opinion horribly flawed. Even if you have proof it was a Mystic, it could have been some nameless nobodies. Going to war would just make a bunch of innoncent people in the middle suffer pointlessly. Which side wins won't actually win..if that makes sense."

Natomi was about to say something else but something occured to her. She looked slightly embarrassed. "I'm sorry I must have left my manners at the door we were so distracted talking. My name is Natomi Mugen, it was nice to meet you."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:30 pm

Suki nods slowly "True and so far they've only been focused on me. Like I have something they need." she mumbles. She looks over to Aron "Uh...We both know that they have a master somewhere and that this master is sealed or destroyed and that the Oni are looking for something to basically bring that master back...what if Nixa has the Very thing they're after?" she asks with a worried look on her face.

Shadow nods "Agreed. But the Mystic's leader, the Arch Bishop, confirmed that it Was a Mystic that attacked and said that it was one of their greatest criminals and offered any help they could to bring him to justice." Shadow explains "But the Hunter Council would have none of it, thanks to Mulcahy. Fools! Only a handful of Cells remain loyal to our original cause and back the only remaining original council member, Julius Belmont." he finishes.

Abraxus stops, looking over his shoulder "Abraxus Abraham. Pleasure to have met you, Natomi Mugen." he says, then starts off once more.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:53 pm

"It's possible," Hiroshi admitted with a slight shrug. "But if that's the case, wouldn't they need you alive? Maybe its something to ask your mom about later, for a reminder of the previous Nixa. Maybe there's something we've overlooked."

Camlo sighed. "I can't logically see what Mulcachy motive is or what he has to gain. Even if he wins, earth realm will be a mess. Unless he wants to perhaps use that to secure even more power for his own goals. He could just be a bigot that has a grudge against Mystics but even then..."

She frowned slightly. "I had a absolutely insane idea. But..what if this Mulchacy character and this rogue Mystic are in this together? Think about it. Out of all the people that come to fill in the void, its one who is gun ho about a war and won't accept the Bishop's help."

Natomi watched him go before paying for her tea and making sure everything was squared away. Abraxus was handsome, and more importantly he seemed like a nice young man but she really didn't know him too well.

Wasn't he the one responsible for ending Cedrick Darkside some time back?

Pushing that aside she headed out. It was a big world out there, she guessed she'd find her niche out there enventually.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:45 pm

Suki jumps up "You're right! If anyone knows what's going on, it my mom!" she declares! "Or my grandma!" she adds. Then looks over to Hiroshi "We should probably head on home to let everyone know that you're back and we're both safe." she suggests.

Shadow had never come off or given the impression that he was anyone's fool, but with what Camlo just suggested, that seemed to get his spindrive firing up, as he ran different scenarios in his in his head, as if trying to find out what Mulcahy's endgame was. Something seemed to 'click' in his mind and he looks at Camlo "We'll need proof before we can go to anyone with this." he says in a low tone, which meant he agreed with Camlo.

Just in time too, because Abraxus comes walking out of the darkness, heading towards the safehouse. He stops when he sees Shadow and Camlo outside "Enjoying the night air?" he asks as he walks over, pulling out his notepad "I just learned a few interesting things I believe needs some talking about." he says as he walks past the two and heads on in.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:10 pm

Hiroshi nodded slightly. "Yeah..my folks are probably worried sick too since I vanished without the word plus knowing some of the stuff I get involved in."

Camlo followed after the half-devil back inside. "Me and Shadow had something of interest as well, but go ahead and share first."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:07 pm

Suki looks to the Hunters that just entered "Then let's thank our hosts and be off." she says "The more we talk about this thing, the more I worry about my brother." she points out as she walks over to the Hunters "I just wanted to thank you all for your care and hospitality. But I'm afraid we must be going." she says with a bow.

Abraxus looks her over, then looks to Hiroshi "Take care." he says simply, then goes back to his conversation with Shadow "I had found out something interesting, if it's true. I had found out that there are, apparently more 'Dog Demons' out there. Enough to make a clan." he says in a low tone.

Flipping the page of his notebook "There's also this unknown race called 'Draner' that just arrived and some interplanetary slave traders that abduct people from their homes, people that 'no one will miss'." he says, looing grim "We need to find them and stop them. That should be our top priority. But the council will decide the best course of action." he mumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:39 pm

Hiroshi gave his thanks as well and followed after Suki, they had things of their own to take care of after all. "You know..you really gave me a scare back there when you got injured like that." He said once they were a bit away. "For a moment I thought I would never get to share more things with you and uh.."

He fumbled with his words scratching his head, a bit embarrassed. "Just really happy you're okay."

Camlo frowned a bit, this definitely was news. "So slavers are a priority, I agree. As for the Dog Demons, wonder of the size of the clan as it may actually be small. But given the state of the council now, Should we tell them about it? Same for the young women and man from earlier."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:01 pm

Suki looks over to Hiroshi "I know. I felt the same way when you, uh, fell. I thought I had lost you for good..." she moves in for a hug "But here you are!" she says with a smile "Tell you what, I'll promise to never scare you like that again, if you promise to never scare Me like that again." she says.

Abraxus looks over to Fumitsuki and Hiroshi, then shakes his head looking back to his people "No." he says in a short voice "But you're right. Telling the council, in the state it's in now, wouldn't be the best option." he mumbles.

"What about Julius Belmont?" Shadow suggest "He's a member of the old council and has raised objections about how this new Hunters Council has been handling things." he says, then nods to Joyce as she comes walking back to the safehouse. She nods back, looking tired.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:27 pm

Hiroshi smiled a bit. "All right, deal. I guess we both need to get stronger for whatever is to come."

Camlo turned to greet Joyce, but noticed how tired she was. "Are you all right?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:52 pm

As Suki and Roshi wandered back home, there was a red, glowing, blood red pair of eyes watching them from a tree. It was Christine, she was still pissed about Will, but he wasn't on her mind now that she knew Jason could wish him back. She takes off out of the tree, heading back to the safehouse.

Joyce nods "Yeah... I just have a terrible headache." she mumbles as she punches in her code and wanders in.

Abraxus stayed outside "So, what was it that you two wanted to tell me?" he asks. Christine lands not too far from them and folds her wings close and around her front, looking like a cloak of feathers.

Joyce wanders into the girls dorm of the firehouse and walks to the bathroom. Splashes water on her face and looks at herself in the mirror. She blinks in surprise when she sees her nose bleeding. She quickly grabs a paper towel to stem the flow of blood.

"When are you going to tell anyone?" Mad asks in a low tone, walking out of the darkness, his eyes burning like beacons in the shadows.

Joyce gasps in surprise as she spins around "I-I don't know what you're talking about. It's just a nose bleed. nothing to worry about." she says "B-besides, you should be in the women's bathroom. I don't mind, but what if someone else showed up?" she asks, trying to change the subject

Mad seems to let out a low growl "You...are unwell...you know it, I know it...." he says in a low tone.

Joyce sighs "Y-yes. I  have a problem, but it's nothing to worry about. Please don't tell Anyone." she says in a hushed tone "Not even my dad knows. I don't want everyone thinking I'm weak because of this." she states.

Mad sinks back into the shadows "I won't tell a soul...and you are not weak..." he says, his voice fading away, like his burning, yellow/orange eyes.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:59 pm

Camlo didn't entirely buy it but she let it go before addressing Abraxus. "Me and Shadow were thinking that perhaps the 'good father' and this Mystic crimminal may be in on some plan together, of what I don't know. I just know it does make some sort of sense considering how devasting a war would be no matter which side would win. Tell me, what else do we know about this said crimminal? Do we have a name?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:52 pm

Abraxus was about to answer, but was cut off by Christine "His name is Amadeus Mortrum." she says "He's a big time criminal to the Mystics, but apparently he's too strong for them to take down." she grumbles "So they let him go around doing whatever he wants with no one to stop him. Until now." she clenches her fist.

Abraxus mulled over what Camlo told him "Amadeus...I honestly wouldn't doubt if that's what Mulcahy if doing. I mean, with most of the council dead or out of commission, he would be the strongest voice, mainly because of the sheer amount of experience he has." he says in a low tone. His eyes fall on Christine "Amadeus isn't, at present, our concern. We have a bigger problem we need to stop. I'll brief the rest once I've talked to Julius Belmont. In the mean time, lets keep this little theory to ourselves...at least until we have proof." he says to the others.

Joyce sighs as the bleeding stops. She gets undressed and jumps into the shower. Seeing Mad come out of the shadows as he had done, she can understand Christine's concerns about him. However, the fact that he could be watching her in the shower right now, was very thrilling to her and was One of the reasons she left the lights in the bathroom off.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:03 pm

Camlo nodded slightly. "That sounds fair. I'm going to be heading to bed if anyone needs me. Good night everyone." She said her goodbye's before heading to her room to get some much needed sleep.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum