Adjustment Pains

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Adjustment Pains Empty Adjustment Pains

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:56 am

Ever since Anita had left, things hadn't quite been the same for Michru and Emanulle, or really the whole bit of that entire circle since she really had been apart of the family for so long even before getting with Manny. As with all things, life carried on regardless of how one personally felt but it was obvious they handled it in different ways; Manny and Monica at least outwardly didn't  Seem any different where Michru was visibily crushed. If they had a choice the two would have went with her but it was a one person trip.

Since that day about a week ago when she was home, Michru always came and waited by the door around the time's Anita usually  came home from work. It worried Monica a bit but Emanulle was sure it was just going to be a phase since she was in the denial phase of grief.

Michru was simply sitting by the door so she could watch it, wrapped in a small blanket with her head poking out.

"Michru, it's time for dinner."
Monica said as she came from the kitchen, noticing Michru was still in the same spot from earlier.  This made her frown a bit as she came over. "Michru. Anita isn't coming back sweetie. You need to eat to stay healthy so you don't get sick."

"But she'll be back soon.."
Michru repeated in a small voice.

This broke the young woman's heart and she sighed. "You won't do any good getting cold. Please get something to eat and some rest, ok?"

The young girl didn't answer at first, but she did obey although relucrantly. Dinner was a quite affair with Monica trying to make small talk with someone that really didn't feel like talking much. Eventually it was past her bedtime so she had to be tucked in.

Monica was saddened by things, but she accepted Anita's choice as did Manny as neither held it against them and she Really had no room to talk since she left before. The only reason she came back because she had some family here, and now her family was once again split apart with one missing from it. Maybe that was a big reason Anita wasn't sure about marriage; she wasn't sure if she be able to stay since a decision like this had to been thought of for a while now.

As for now, Monica was staying put since most of her family was here.  Now, if everyone else decided to move to where Anita was it be a different story. This place was just background; she felt at home where ever most of her loved ones were at. And really, the Only person that could help would be Ness and even then his portals didn't send people where they wanted, but where they were needed.

Though it was worth a shot, she supposed. Even if she could find them, knowing Ness he was likely in the middle of some adventure or multiple ones in which case she'd have to tag along for a bit. Her adventure days were firmly over thank you very much, but if it had a chance to reunite her family she happily take that trip. If things turned out then this really might be her last rodeo here.

In that case, maybe she should formally completely put the past in the past with Cedrick as before she didn't hate or wish them ill will, but she didn't want anything to do with them what so ever.  Maybe even ask them if they wanted to come with them for one last adventure.

Of course her plan might not work and there was no sure thing she'd even Find Ness so she kept it to herself as she didn't want to get the two's hope's up.

Around the next day, Emanulle had taken a day off to spend some time with Michru to try to get them a bit out of their funk. It had been a week so he didn't expect them to bounce back completely if he wasn't. However, if things remained long enough he made a personal promise to set up something with Jerod. The man in question was there to with his daughters along with his now wife while he took a break on the bech. Manny thought maybe spending time with her friends may get Michru slightly out of her funk.

As for himself? He was dealing with it in his own way. He was mature enough not to hold it against Anita and he did take her words to heart. It didn't mean emotions just ceased being. He still of course was going to always going to miss them in some form and he wanted her to stay with him and Michru; but you couldn't always get what you wanted. It was life lesson that seemed to want to make absolutely certain to never forget even if it was instilled to his brain.

He Would have talked to Sam since he was the go to guy for when things were bothering you, but had left. It was a good thing; that life had never really fit the young man and he hoped he found happiness.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Adjustment Pains Empty Re: Adjustment Pains

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:58 am

Monica came a bit after her work, she closed earlier today because she wanted to spend more time with Manny and Michru through this current time when she could anyway. Everything was kind of a bit topsy turvy at the moment.

The apartment she arrived at seemed a lot more quite then usual when she got to the door to knock. At first there was response, but then Emanulle opened it a bit later.

"Sorry I'm late. Just had to take care of a few things." Monica put her coat on a rack before coming in. "How have you been? Is Michru sleep?"

Emanulle shrugged, going into the kitchen to continue cooking. "Well enough, I guess. Michru is taking a nap, she's been sleeping a bit more then usual as of late."

"I see.." Monica didn't know how to respond to that. "I've been mulling over a idea, not sure it'll work but its worth a shot."

"I'm listening." Emanulle could multi task well enough so he could listen while he worked.

Monica sighed. "Well, I've been thinking of a way you two can be with Anita again since her original trip was a one person trip. My first thought was Lee and Dino's but first good look them Being there, and second probably a arm and a leg even if its just a one trip device. But I remembered you talking about Jack and they're from another dimension right? They briefly took you there. They have a friend that's supposedly as smart as the brothers. If not them, maybe Jack knows someone that could help? It doesn't hurt to ask right?"

"Maybe." The young man said after being quite. "I'll leave a message to meet me when they're not busy and go from there. But assuming it does work, would you really be ok with it?"

"Yes and no." Monica said after a bit. "Of course I'd miss you two, but if you're happy that's what's important. And, well, I left once so I don't have room to talk. The only reason we came back is because of you two and Anita. We felt like we abadoned you guys. But, since I left once and my family is already going to be split anyway, I think I'll stay here where I can watch Chris grow up. Now if they All somehow got there, I'd of course go but we can't have our cake and eat it too all the time."

Manny sighed, putting something away though he did leave Jack a message to meet them when not busy. "It's the wrong way to look at it. Some would consider what Anita abadoning but no one in her immediate circle see's it that way. We have to take what we get and make the best out of it. If hadn't kept a clear head and let bitterness do my thinking because of what Michru's mother and former friend did to me, I'd never have Michru in my life."

Monica nodded a bit. "I guess so. Anyway I'll help you cook, I'm not doing much of anything else so.."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:07 pm

Jack messaged Manny back, saying it wouldn't be a problem and that he would need the dimensional coordinates for Anita's Earth and a few weeks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:09 pm

It was around the next day early on that Emanulle had woke up; checking his phone to see if Jack had gotten back to him. It seemed they would be able to get them there, unfortunately it was going to take weeks and he didn't know the cordinates so he was going have to visit.

Michru was still dead to the world for now, but Monica who had stayed over for the evening was up early to. She was spending a bit more time with them when she could to make sure they were doing all right.

"Morning Manny."

"Morning. You get some sleep?" Emanulle asked idly, getting some cereal this time; he wasn't much in the mood for cooking. Not to mention Michru was eating less and Monica didn't need much.

The young woman nodded. "Yeah. For the most part. Did Jack get back to you?"

"He did. The good news is he can do it, but the bad news is they basically need the directions and I don't have it."" Emanulle took a seat after placing his food down.

Monica noddeda bit. "That's really good to hear the first part at least. Hopefully Jack can find it but it might be a lot harder; I don't pretend to know how it works. In the mean time we'll just continue like we normally would." She did wonder how different Anita's place was to here, from what she said it wasn't really That different.

The two are in relative silence for a bit, before Monica broke it with something that had been on her mind since last night. "Hey..about what you said last night? If you don't want to, you don't have to but you never really talked about Michru's mother or how she ended up with you exactly."

Emanulle didn't instantly answer, bur he seemed pensive. "A while ago before I came here, I was close with Michru's mother Caeda and another friend named Athtar, or former friend. I was dating Caeda to find out she was pregnant..with a kid that obviously wasn't mine. It was Athtar's." He mumbled. "We were never even intimate as she wanted to wait."

"So the two were basically dead to me after that and I left, especially since they were more sorry they were caught then what happened. Some years later, some people contact me to take Michru in as her parents had abadoned her, not sure why but don't care. She wasn't my responsibility and part of me was angry they would put this on me. But..she didn't have a place to go and she had nothing to do with what happened. So I felt the right thing to do was take them in and I never regretted it. Kinda ironic when I think about it."

Well, ouch. Monica wasn't sure how to respond at first. "Sorry about about poking old wounds. That was very big of you, I don't think I would be able to do it."

Emanulle shook his head a bit. "It's in the past and I long got over it. I just treated it was a learning experience, same with most things in life. Are you going to take Michru out today?" Giving her a olive branch.

One Monica was happy to take. "Yeah. I figured the more keeping them busy then letting them stow with things the better whenever you get busy. We have a long day ahead of us."

That worked just fine, because Emanulle was going to play Jack a visit and with Monica looking after her that made things a hell of a lot easier on them. Once they were finished and it wasn't As early he decided to head there while Monica stayed with Michru for the time being.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:15 pm

The jewelry shop was the same as it's always been. Christine behind the counter, Mondo in the back, lounging on his ass watching TV, drinking soda, and eating bacon wrapped grease burgers.

In the base, on the other hand, was a different matter all together. It seemed the base was on some kind of high alert. In addition to Marcen and Hiromi doing their ninja thing, Haruhi was nowhere to be seen, as was Jack (though he was, presumably, in his office), and there was an odd Pink Ball of long, thick hair (the size of a beach ball) rolling around the base?
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:41 pm

'Odd. Must be something going on but I don't know about the pink ball going around..' No one else seemed worried or freaked out about it so he saved his questions for later.

In the mean time he opted to head to Jack's office and knock, if he was busy or this was a bad time; which he guessed may be given the alert he could wait.

It did seem the group had lost a total of three, maybe four people. Sam was gone, and Natomi had followed, Alice was gone and Cadmus was a question mark if he'd come back.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:25 am

There was no answer from Jack's office "He's busy with important meetings at the moment." Buddy says as he walks over "Things have been happening out there."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:09 am

Emanulle figured that may have been the case. "It can wait then. What's been going on in the outside world? Or that Pink Ball rolling around? Unless you can't tell me, I know I'm not a a member anymore."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:18 am

Buddy shakes his head "I can't tell you what's been going on, but I can tell you about our newest member..." he motions for the pink furball to come over. It rolls on over "Manny, this is Harry. He's a member of Jack's old team and is filling in until we can find more member." he explains.

A section of Harry's fur morphs and changes into an arm holding a wooden sign in it "Hi Manny. It's nice to meet you." the sign reads.

"Believe it or not, Harry is an alien from Jack's dimension and is pretty powerful in his own right." he points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:36 am

Emanulle wondered who Jack was having a meeting with, it really could be anyone at this point even the Hunter's about something. It wasn't for the here or now though.

"It's nice to meet you Harry." He wasn't sure if it was their actual name or a nickname since it was a bit on the nose. "So what are your people called?"

He seen a lot of aliens of course but nothing quite like this one.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:43 am

Buddy looks a bit shocked "Whoa! Manny, that's a hella personal question to ask someone you Just met." he points out. A representative and former prince should know this, unless they do things Totally different on Alus, than they do Earth.

Harry holds up a sign to Buddy "It's alright." it reads, then one to Manny "It's Harry." the sign reads "We are all Harry."

"And speaking of which, don't you have something you should be doing, Harry?" Marcen asks, he was suddebly behind Manny, looking at Buddy and Harry.

The fuzz ball holds up another sign "Yup! You're right. I'll be on my way. It was nice meeting you, Manny. the pink ball rolls on off after that.

Buddy nods as well "I have things I need to be doing as well. Take care, Manny." he says as he starts off as well.

Marcen focuses on Manny "Was there something I could help you with?" he asks, sounding unusually cold at the moment.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:16 pm

They would be correct, he was used to dealing with Alusarian's who were usually more up front about things of that nature. It be rude in other culture's but to Alusarian's or Arkon's it wasn't a big deal. He did notice in the distance Cadmus coming in, so he did actually come back.

When Marcen came he had noticed he seemed to be in a bad mood; which didn't seem like much. However for one that was usually in control of their emotions enough you couldn't tell if he liked you or not when being professional meant with the cold tone, something was really bothering him. Of what, he didn't know but educated guesses.

He shook his head. "I was just going to continue a conversation with him but more important things are going on and its obviously not a good time with whatever is going on. I'll talk to you later."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:07 pm

As Manny heads out, Marcen walks over to him "Hey. Be careful out there." he says "There are serious things starting to go on. If you get into trouble, call us, the Hunters, or the police. Don't try to handle things on your own."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:47 pm

Emanule could see that, but he wasn't going to go looking or engage in trouble if he could help it. "I'll keep that in mind in case something happens. I'm a father so I really can't afford to make as many high risk like that. So besides what's currently going on, how have you been holding up?" It wouldn't kill him to ask or so before he left.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:10 pm

Marcen shrugs "I'm holding up just fine." he says "People coming and going is no real big deal where I'm from." he says, reminding Manny of the world he comes from. Where one mission yoyr friend is fighting right beside you, and the next mission he could be lying dead at your feet

"It's most everyone else who seems to be having troubles adjusting to all our members leaving, especially Jack." he points out, but in a soft tone "I guess he was trying to make the samething he had on his old team."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:35 pm

Emanulle could understand that part, dealing with loss was usually never easy though it always varied on the person and the background. "For Jack, from what I know most if not all the people that came in ended up staying in for longer haul. You eat, sleep by and get to know these people for years so it has to be difficult when they suddenly leave. Still, I hope Natomi and Sam are happy with where ever they ended up."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:03 pm

Marcen looked doubtful "If they are, it likely won't last..." he mumbles "Call it a hunch, but the way the Brotherhood welcomed him back, it didn't feel right to me. I warned him, of course, but he has confidence in them."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:50 pm

That was also a possibility. There was no way for him to know for sure and hopefully it wasn't the case, but it was possible. "Hopefully not. Sam is usually good at judging character but when it comes to people or a group you have attahcment too, even the best can get tunnel vision of what they want to see rather then what's there."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:02 pm

Marcen nods slowly "Indeed. But if one is trained well enough, they will learn to ignore that instinct." he says "And speaking of, remember that Sam has the instincts of a wolf as well. They should serve him well, if he listens to them and not his heart."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:11 am

"If nothing else, Natomi has his back as well if things get dicey. Hopefully it won't come to that but its out of our hands for now." It was something to think about, though they had no way of knowing how things would turn out or if they had something planned for Sam.

Though, while he was here he figured while doubtful they know anything someone who was in the information know to some extent might know something. "Kind of a long shot but I wanted to ask you something before I left. You wouldn't happen to know anyone that knows or can travel to other dimensions? Jack is busy and it could be a while, and Lee and Dino is a crap shoot if they're there or not. Never mind if I can afford it or not."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:01 pm

Marcen nods "Well sure." he starts "Anyone from Jack's home dimension has one of those gizmo. Jack, of course. His smaller big brother David, the eternal slacker Mondo, and the pink ball of fluff aptly named Harry." he points out "That's how they all got here, after all."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:58 pm

Emanulle figured it was about time to say why, but Marcen being as observant and smart as he was probably already put two and two together; not that it was particularly hard in this case. "If any are up to it, could you ask them for later? The reason is I'm trying to reach Anita's dimension, but the issue is I don't have their cordinates and Jack said it would take some time regardless."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:15 pm

Marcen shrugs "Just cut out the middle man and ask them yourself, while you're here." he points out "Mondo usually hangs out in the back of the shop, Harry just trundled on past, and Dave is in his studio." he says. Dave was a painter first and foremost, and a super hero second. But he still took his duties seriously.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:40 pm

Emanulle thought that was fair, but Harry seemed to be busy however he could try talking to Mondo and Dave first. "I'll give it a shot while I'm present. It was nice talking to you." He decided the first person he'd ask was Mondo, assuming he was where he was said to be. If nothing else, given where they came from perhaps they knew someone like that Ness fellow where finding a specific dimension wasn't as hard.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:41 am

And There Mondo was, as always, sitting in the back room of Christine's shop, drinking an unGodly amounts of Pepsi and eating back wrapped, double patty, grease burgers with chili-cheese fries, while watching old X-Games competitions.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum