Nothing Special

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Nothing Special - Page 2 Empty Re: Nothing Special

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:57 am

Hiromi of course knew that sign and to be cautious of it even with the barrier up. For the most part though they didn't have to worry about much save for the environment and wild life at times. "I'll leave you gentleman to your devices, and if you need anything as always ask me or the locals."

She excused herself for the present to go to another building once getting permission to enter. Just inside was a young woman who was busy at work. She had a table with diagrams, vials of different colored liquids on shelves which were organized. It overall looked like a lab slash workshop, or at least the closes one could get given their tech level and resources here.

"Just the woman I wanted to see."
Hiromi said as she greeted them. "How goes your research Ayane?"

"It's going." Ayane didn't sound pleased. "I Have just about everything but its just not working like I envisioned. Potion making is a lot more delicate work then what my mother said. Not having having much luck on my other project either."

"Progress isn't as always fast as we want, but you'll get there." Hiromi assured the younger woman. "In the mean time, care for a walk? We could get tea too."

Ayane paused, then relented. "All right. I've been stuck in here all day so why not?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:51 am

Off in the distance, there was a cloud of dust that could be seen. Jennifer looks out her window and frowns slightly *Probably a Magma Hopper stampede again...* she thinks as she moves over to one of the guards on a smoke break.

Smoking was one of the bad habits picked up from Earth "Eddie, could you head out there and drive those Magma Hoppers off?" she asks "They seem to be heading right for the village." she says.

Eddie, a not too muscular guard nods as he stubs out his cigarette and puts the butt in a portable ashtray, before getting on his Magma Hopper and heading out.

Jennifer sighs *Well, this is my life now...* she thinks as she watches the guard shrink off in the distance.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:24 pm

"So aside from the setbacks you've been having, how have been adjusting so far?"
Hiromi asked once they got some distance in their walk around Taisho village.

In response, Ayane shrugged. "Well enough I guess. I'll admit the environment is different then what I'm used to and its certainly not the most hospitable place but could be worse. Putting my relative life of luxury for this was the hard part, but it was also exciting."

"You handled it well enough. I just hope those like Kojio who came here for a new start find what they're looking for.." Hiromi paused briefly trailing off.

"Something wrong?" Ayane noticed the other woman seemingly looking at something in the distance.

"Nothing. Just thought I saw something."
Hiromi dismissed for now but would keep a eye out.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:28 pm

Jennifer was looking over shipping routes and protection requests from the drivers. Outcasts have been getting more and more emboldened, for some reason, and attacking supply shipments. It was naturally nothing her troops couldn't handle.

A small explosion off in the distance sounds, no doubt Eddie driving the Magma Hoppers off with a small energy bome... followed by a bigger one, multiple times! *That's not for Magma Hoppers! Eddie's under attack!* Jennifer thinks as she jumps up, grabbing her armor.

She gets it on and outside just as something, that she could only describe as a small, black energy bomb, shoots over head so fast she almost didn't see it!

The snall energy bomb hits Mount Magmoor right at the base, which starts the volcano rumbling violently "All shield techs to your posts! This is Not a drill! Mount Magmoor is about to erupt!" she sends to all the shield workers in the area.

Jennifer gets to the front gates and squints at the dust cloud. It was a hord of Outcasts riding their way to Inferno Village!

Over at Taisho village, Terry and Bubbles both scramble over to the shield generator and take their possitions, sending their energies into the device, which starts generating a shield over the small settlement, just as the first lava bombs start to shoot out from the volcano!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:30 am

Hiromi wished she had just been on slight edge for absolutely nothing but of course fate had other plans when it became apparent there was something wrong.

Mentally she cursed to herself, but ordered everyone to go inside while the volcano started to blow. The only thing that felt off was she had thought it wouldn't go active like this so soon.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:40 pm

The volcano was always active and was getting to erupt any day, but this was just sudden! A massive explosion could be seen from the mountain as lava bombs start to rain down on the land!

Pyroclastic flow was rushing down from the base of the volcano as the lava flowed down in rivers, smashing into the shields of Inferno Village, which held fast.

The Outcasts had entered the village and were laying siege to the place! Jennifer jumps into the battle, an energy lance in hand as she starts her counter attack!

Most of the Outcasts were little more than thugs and were no real match for Jennifer and her skill and might. Of course, she wasn't alone, the rest of her guards had moved in to support her. The problem was, there were only a handful of guards and dozens of Outcasts!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:48 am

Hiromi heard it around that time, and if she did she knew others must of heard it too. It seemed there were sounds of fighting in the Inferno Village, and it didn't seem to be some attack of some wild life. Jennifer and her group could take care of themselves, but it didn't hurt to go check to be safe then sorry. Not to mention it wasn't as if everyone in that village was some hardened warrior, plenty of civilians could get hurt by Outcast.

Ayane didn't need to be a read minder to know what Hiromi was thinking. "I'm going with you." Was all she said, a hint of stubbornness there. Hiromi wasn't going to argue; besides she was a fighter even if she didn't look it.

"Anyone else coming along to aid the village come now I'm not waiting for you." Hiromi didn't have long to wait, Kojiro and a some others warriors  came. Once she was satisfied, she teleported out to the village with some of the others, and to her worry the village was being attacked.

Hiromi didn't waste time and attacked a group with a spiral beam of energy while they were distracted, while large purple energy blades sailed through the sky from Ayane, though it be more accurate they were in the shape of crescents as other energy attacks, or joining melee when apporiate started off on their end made their entrance known.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:30 am

The Outcasts were well aware of Hiromi and her small team's presents as Hiromi's first attack sent them scattering, but Ayane's was blocked by an energy shield, then the Outcasts were swarming! About a little more than a half dozen were flying all around, using their Thousand Daggers technique to 'Paint' their energy around Hiromi's group, which resulted in hundreds of attacks being launched at those who didn't scatter!

Mystic's with feathered and inscet wings weren't really able to fly too well, but those with leathered wings, like Jennifer, were able to fly just fine and she took advantage of this by throwing an energy bomb over at the Outcasts swarming Hiromi's group, causing them to break up!

Jennifer and one other Guard launched themselves at the flying Outcasts. They Needed to take them down, fast, otherwise they would bomb Hiromi and her friends from safely in the air!

"We'll take there guys out! Focus on the grounded one!" Jennifer yells to her friend. Largely, the battle was quiet, as far as orders and commands went. One of the advantages of being able to communicate telepathically.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:56 pm

Most of the group had to scatter, while others put up a sickly green colored shield in the shape of a bubble to bounce the attacks off. The issue was, while flight was a technique not everyone knew it, and two unless trained it wouldn't be fast enough to be practical. Something Hiromi would have to fix.

In the mean time, Hiromi's energy whip came to life to lash out laced with some of her deadly posion. She had to be mindful of her bigger attacks in close combat unless they were at a distance. She knew Ayane had a wider spread posion technique, but with their allies nearby she knew she was smart enough not to use it just yet.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:19 pm

With their reflexes, their ability to self heal, and their own barriers, the Outcasts were able to dodge, block, or tank the poison attacks (and heal themselves later).

Though the Outcasts Were Mystic's, they were barely trained and had little in the way of professional fighting skills. So while they had the advantage in ranged combat, they were lacking in close quarters kombat, and thanks to the heat, most weren't able to fly.

Something hit the ground and hit it very hard, causing a small crater to form, as well as scatter dust around the area!

Suddenly a powerful gust of air blows thw dust away, revealing the embodiment of insanity himself, Lord Amadeus Mortrum!

He stands to his full heigth. Most of the fighting had stopped when he had shown up "By all means, continue." he hisses, turning his glowing, blood red eyes towards Hiromi and the rest of the Dog Demon's...
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:37 pm

Even with that being said, they weren't going to let them get away with things for absolutely free. They could teleport away(for those who could) or shield, healed but it came with a silver lining if pressed. Mainly, if they blocked with their shield that made them stationary which could allow Hiromi attempt to hammer them since they seemed to want to avoid her stronger attacks rather then try to tank them with shields. Healing only took moments, but it still required a free hand which wasn't long but every second counted.

It also helped they weren't the best trained either indivually or working as a team like some others present.

Of course things Had to get more complicated when Amadeus showed up. Hiromi frowned internally wondering why they were even here but there was nothing for it now.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:54 pm

Amadeus' face goes from blank, he pissed in a gradual sense as he keeps looking at Hiromi "Worthless, mangy, slobbering muts..." he growls as he takes to the air and holds out a hand as black energy starts to crackle in it "You come to My world and infect it with your Filth! Be gone!" he roars as he throws the ball of energy!

But it wasn't aimed at Hiromi or any of her team, it was aimed in the direction of Taisho village! Less than a second later, a Massive explosion could be seen not too far off.

Jennifer was shocked by this, but her shock fades as her eyes start to glow red "You... Monster! she yells as she shoots at Amadeus, who takes off, laughing an insane, high pitched laugh as the two of them fly high into the sky!

One of the guards swoops over to Hiromi "Go! We can handle them from here!" he says, twin ethereal blades forming in his hands!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:29 pm

"........"

Hiromi steadied herself as she forced herself not to get too emotional about what happened, even for her it took a lot of self control. She was conflicted in going after Amadeus both for revenge and she didn't want her facing that monster alone, even if some her troops assisted her. But she was the only one who could teleport and she had to check for survivors.

"On me." Was the only thing she said, and the others would know what she meant. They teleported to the village, or rather where it used to be. There was nothing there anymore but a crater and destruction.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:39 pm

The village was, in fact, still there, the shield wasn't up any longer and the ground where the shield hadn't been protecting, was a scorched mess, but the village was intact.

Bubbles was sitting by the shield generator, which was burnt out and smoking. He looked dead tired and his arms were burnt from where the generator had blown. Terry, on the other hand, wasn't so lucky. His body was laying close by, Bubbles cloak was thrown over him.

The bigger Mystic looks up "He kept the generator... from blowing up... long enough to withstand the blast... but couldn't get away in time..." he says in a somber tone.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:48 pm

Ayane teared up a bit and moved over crouching down where the body was, she wore her emotions on her sleeve a bit at times and she was closer to them then Hiromi was.

Hiromi clenched a small fist a bit, forcing herself to calm down. Her face was carefully blank. "Kojiro, I'll be right back. I need to get something sorted.."

She left from the area, teleporting back to the Inferno Village, if something were to happen to her there were others she trusted to take her place. More importantly she couldn't let Amadeus get with this and more so, she wasn't going to let Jennifer with that monster. She heard the stories so she was extremely worried, but what if he didn't intend to kill them?

That thought somehow didn't comfort her.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:08 am

With the help that the Dog Demon's, the guards had managed to round most of the Outcasts, but there were many injured from the fight and the subsequent fallout. But there was no sign of Amadeus or Jennifer.

One of the guards comes walking over to Hiromi "How had your village faired? Are there many injured?" he asks. His people could heal anyone who needed it.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:30 am

Hiromi didn't see any signs of Jennifer and was trying quell that inner panic that welled within her. Before her training with her father and mother long ago she had trouble controlling her emotions when loved ones were in danger. That being said, it didn't mean she was completely immune even if she didn't always show it.

"..The village is fine along with the people, the barrier was up. But one of the other's, Terry died holding the barrier up."
Hiromi sighed tiredly. "Has there been sign of Amadeus and Jennifer?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:15 am

The guard shakes his head "No. And none of my people can fly up to help her either." he says, sounding bitter "Lord Amadeus being here... It changes things. We need to -" his sentence was cut off by something hitting the ground, hard!

It was Amadeus and Jennifer! He had slammed her into the ground, his short sword jammed into her stomach!

"Hah! Even before my new power, you were Less than Nothing to me!" he says as he jumps off and looks around at the gathering guards "And now... with my new power...I am a God among insects! Go tell your puny Arch Bishop that I'm coming for him next!" he laughs as he shoots into the air!

Jennifer was still alive, but plenty injured. Nothing other Mystic's couldn't handle, but that wasn't the main point of what just happened.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:57 pm

Hiromi rushed over to check over on Jennifer, though she knew other Mystics would come over to take care of it. It didn't matter to her, that bastard had hurt her friend and tried to destroy her village and left someone dead. He was nothing but a bully that wasn't right in the head far as Hiromi was concerned.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:44 am

As Hiromi suspected, other Mystic's came over to help Jennifer "H-hiromi… find the Arch Bishop! He needs to be warned..." she strains to get out before passing out.

One of the guards looks over to Hiromi "I'll go with you. Once we get to Empire City, we can call for aid for both out people." he says "Then we can wing walk to Capitol City to warn the Arch Bishop."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:10 am

Hiromi wanted to stay but this was more important plus Jennifer would be fine with the healing but would still need to rest up a bit. She stood up and nodded slowly. "All right. Let's get going then."

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:32 am

The guard gets a couple of Magma Hoppers "Let us make haste! Our people can attend to the wounded." he says as he takes off "I always knew that Amadeus Mortrum was a madman, but he's never been suicidal! Taking on the Elite Guards, even as strong as he is, won't end well!" he calls to Hiromi "But for whom, I can't say!"
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:15 am

Hiromi followed after them. "Amadeus mentioned something about a new power. It could mean just bragging, or maybe he does have something up his sleeve? It would make sense why he got so much more bold."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:51 am

The guard shakes his head "Insanity is no substitute for real courage and Amadeus Mortrum is as crazy as they get!" he calls over to Hiromi "We're entering the lava geyser fields! Let your Magma Hopper be your guide!" he advises as small lava eruptions start to happen around them!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:12 am

Hiromi could fly much faster then many of her fellows but she was much more careful about things when flying in a lava field. Sure she may of had a shield but she rather not take any chances, or try to hold it the entire time. That's where the Magma Hopper came into mind she supposed.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum