Nothing Special

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Nothing Special Empty Nothing Special

Post by Namey Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:04 pm

It was the a typical day in Inferno Village... to say, it was hot. Jennifer gets up, washed, dressed, had something to eat and was almost time for her shift. She and some other guards were in charge of keeping the barrier up so that if Mount Magmoor erupted, it wouldn't destroy the village and kill everyone.

It wasn't much, but it was something to do. The ore that the villagers mined would fetch a pretty high price, which was the only reason these people stayed here.

But now that they had neighbors, by way of the Demon Dog village not Too far from them, it was just another avenue for trade.

Jennifer places her hand on the power node and starts her work duty. When lunch came around, she was planning on heading over to the Demon village, as the people of Inferno Village called it, and have lunch with Hiromi. It kinda became their own little ritual. Being former bodyguards of the same man and all. Still, itwas the Only thing to look forward in this part of Elysium.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Nothing Special Empty Re: Nothing Special

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:33 am

Lord Sesshomaru had  decided on her being the leader of this settlement, leaving Hiromi as the main one in charge of Taisho Village; which was the name after his father. It was named that not Just because he had possibly been the strongest of their kind when alive, but for all the other things they had done for them and others.

Hiromi was chosen not just because she was currently the strongest of the group, but her temperament and experience with dealing with certain things. She had been rather apprehensive about the affair at first, before ultimately deciding someone needed to do it for now.

"All right. Again."

Hiromi was training with some of the newer kids(being a relative term, since they weren't technically) and while all had promise they had their kinks to work out before they were ready for serious fighting. They couldn't rely on those like herself, Sesshomaru and his mother all the time and this place Was a hostile one. If not the wildlife then bandits and the like.

She was confident in their ability. In her mind and what she can tell the difference between the old and new generation is the old Started off much stronger and got more so, while the newer one started off weaker but(then they were anyway) but got stronger. It was still there.

After a while she dimissed classes and got to trying to relax. She was thinking about things long term. If things expanded and got bigger it be impossible for one person to look after one day so some more structure would be needed. It was honestly kind of frightening to her. She didn't think one person should have Too much power, so she'd have to amend that.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:25 pm

It was lunch time for Jennifer and she had a small something for both her and Hiromi. She Was gonna fly on over but she remembered that the lava gysers were unpredictable and if she got it by one of those, it would feel too good. So she took a Magma Hopper. It was a bumpy ride, but ultimately safer. They coud tell when a lava gyser would erupt.

Once there, she asks one of the residents if they would kindly let Hiromi know she was there and tht she brought some lunch. This was her normal, daily routine, and she was alright wit that.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:05 pm

"I finished what I needed to do. Do you need any help with anything?"
The voice came from a young man that was obviously one of her kind. He didn't have the dog ears and such others had, but it wasn't unheard of for some of her kind to pass as normal humans, save some unique features.

"No thank you, but thank you for asking Kojiro. How have you been holding up?
" Hiromi asked gently, knowing how he ended up here. Kojiro had been apart of the groups that weren't under Sesshomaru or his mother, but more then that he had been a loner.

He didn't talk Too much about his past besides what he was comfortable with, and Hiromi he was the most open to. Apparently he had a girlfriend who died during the Trojan invasion but hadn't come back to life when others were wished back, along with her younger brother. They weren't the same race but rather Oni.

After a moment of silence, they spoke up again. "..I don't really feel like I belong here even among my own kind..but I don't really feel like I belong much of anywhere after what happened.."

Hiromi saw what she was trying to say, she wasn't a therapist but she was a leader and that meant putting on as many hats as she possibly could. She still intended to change things where it was solely up to her but that being said. "Because they might be of your blood, but not your kin. You lost family and blood doesn't just replace that. In time the pain you have will fade, a lot of my loved ones aren't among us anymore."

"It doesn't feel like it. And it doesn't change the fact they still be here if I was strong enough to protect them."
He said bitterly.

Hiromi shook her head. "You were in the middle of nowhere with you three, on your own. I know our kind doesn't like to hear it when it comes to protecting your own, but sometimes you can't. Sesshmoaru and Kazenabi couldn't beat all of them, what chance did you have? To be frank, you're lucky to be alive."

Kojio didn't answer, and his face was hard to read before he sighed. "Maybe. Sorry I've been more short lately Lady Hiromi."

"No." She answered sincerely. "Don't be. Like I said, you're basically among strangers trying to adjust because you wanted a fresh start. Remember, you aren't captive here and if you feel it isn't the place for you, then I'll wish you luck. Also please drop the lady thing, Taisho Village is a new start. We'll be doing some new things here."

"...I had thought naively by going to another realm, it be easier to deal with. But I think, all I did was push it away instead of dealing with it. It seems I was wrong, but I'll give it more time before I decide to stay or not. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to train."

As he left, he paused. "..Thank you." Then he was out the small building.

It didn't go as well as she hoped, but it was a start. Though before too long one of her people informed Hiromi her friend Jen was here which was a nice break from things. "Afternoon Jennifer, you have some good timing as usual. How has your day been?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:03 pm

Jennifer shrugs "The same as usual. Nothing new or exciting happening." she says as she gets some soup out for Hiromi "It's almost Fire Flea season, so take care not to go out when it starts to get Really hot and don't touch them when you see them." she says as she takes out some sandwiches. Fire Fleas tend to explode when touched. Magma Hoppers love them, though.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:38 pm

Hiromi graciously accepted the sandwich, they weren't the most fancy but she didn't need them too and they were a honest stable to anyone out and about. "Noted. I've been here for a bit now but there are still some things I'm getting used to, on top of juggling my duties here. At least it keeps me from being bored I suppose."

She was pondering if Paragon Corps had anything that would make living here a bit easier, and if so she could make a deal and bring it here for those in Taisho Village, and the Inferno Village. She was going have to do some digging.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:48 pm

Since both Jennifer and Hiromi have been here for a good bit, there was a very good chance that neither of them knew that Calvine Mort was no longer head of Paragon Corp and it's new owner amd CEO was more concerned with Earth and her affairs, rather than other planets, at the moment.

Jennifer nods "If nothing else, it should be a good show when the Magma Hoppers start eating." she says with a slight smile.

This was her life now. Just another day in the shadow of Mount Magmoor. Though, they had to start being careful. The volcano was starting to show signs of a future eruption.

Jennifer was looking off at Mount Magmoor "If it's alright with you, I would like to see about assigning a Guard and a couple of workers here, just in case." she says. The Guard would watch the workers as they would power the shield generator, should the volcano erupt.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:32 pm

Hiromi didn't personally seen a problem with that herself. "I don't have a problem with that, if it helps. Would these workers and guard be anyone I've met before?"

Maybe she request if Kojiro could look after them from time to time when the guard was busy, give the young man something to focus on other then his grief. For long lived races like her kind, a month or a year was barely a blip. This meant sometimes, depending on the person it was harder to move on, or at least seemed longer then say a human's. Not all, but it was a pattern she noticed,
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:47 am

Mystic's generally didn't need anyone to look after them, as they were strong on their own. Jennifer nods "Yeah, you've met them before. After all, there hasn't been a change in posting since I got here." she chuckles.

Most of the Mystic's who live near Mount Magmoor all have leather wings, which helps in the heat, as most other wing types would potentially get damaged by the heat, another reason why Jennifer requested this position.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:26 am

"I see. All works well then.."
Hiromi took a bite of her sandwhich. "I have to see about setting some things up later along the road as the place expands. It'll be too much for one person."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:01 am

Jennifer nods "Maybe a Council of some kind? With a central figure to govern over them and make sure they keep the people's best interest in mind." she suggests, which sounded a lot like the Circle and Arch Bishop set up, but hey, that's the only government she really knew.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:23 pm

Hiromi was thinking a bit. "It's something to consider. I actually brought some books with me to read up how some of the earth government function more in detail, like Republics and democaries. There is no one perfect system, so its best to figure out what works for us. How do you even choose council members?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:10 am

Jennifer thinks for a bit "Usually it's based on a few things. Like how much influence your family has, how much they've contributed to society, and made things better for everyone." she says "The Circle usually picks their own members." she was thinking of explaining in greater detail, but it would be hard for a non Mystic to understand.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:04 am

Hiromi was writing a few things down for herself on a pad, unlike Mystics unfourtnately she didn't have perfect memory of everything she saw or heard. "I'll keep that in mind. For us, at least usually, we have mostly had things structured after Fuedal Era Japan, with changes of course. That changed a bit when our population went down due to issues having children.."

She shook her head. "Anyway, its a good idea I'll keep in mind. I'm going to talk to the people here while we're small, explain things to them and go from there. This is a new start and I want to leave some of the old baggage behind."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:13 am

Jennifer nods, understanding completely. In a way, the two of them came to this remote part of Elysium to leave old baggage behind and start fresh.

"Well, if you need any help, let me know and I'll come on over." she says as she checks a watch. It was an old pocket watch she got from Earth "It's almost time for me to be heading back, but I'll ask Terry (the engineer) and Bubbles (the guard) to come on over to help out with your generator, should Mount Magmoor erupt " she offers.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:31 am

Hiromi thinks a bit, then nods. "I think that would be a good idea, thank you. In the mean time I'll just be doing my usual." She was also thinking of maybe writing up a constitution of some kind, no matter what form of government ultimately took place. She wasn't from America and didn't spend as much time there, but she liked the idea.

After all, being a pragmatic and open minded person meant trying to take what worked and discarding what didn't as you went.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:21 pm

Jennifer gathers up her stuff. It was a short, simple lunch. Like always. She stands, stretches a bit "Well, I'll see ya same time tomorrow." she says "I'll send Terry and Bubbles over later today. Let me know if they have any trouble adjusting to life here." she says as she pats her friend on the shoulder "You have yourself a good rest of the day." she says with a smile.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:37 pm

"I will. You as well Jennifer." Once her friend left, Hiromi sighed a bit to herself, so many things to do. At the very least she had set a lot of the ground work this past year for what she needed to do, now she just needed to talk to various people in the settlement as well. She told one of her people to deliver the papers to those that lived here, then to return it once they were done. It was basically another gauge far as the forming government style was concerned.

Off to the side of the village was a small shack, which was actually owned by their local black smith named Kato. He kept mostly to himself but he was friendly enough. Mystics didn't have a need for it, save maybe armor some of them wore but not weapons.

The middle aged man seemed to have just come back from working on something in the back when he came up in the front. "Ah, this is a surprise. What can I do for you today?"

"I just wanted to ask how things were going with the first batch?"
Hiromi was asking in reference to his work.

Kato scratched his chin. "It's interesting work since some of the things I'm working with is new, but its also exciting. I don't have a estimate when it'll be done though."

That sounded satisfactory. Hiromi nodded. "That's fine. I was just curious after all. We'll be getting our usual guest, but not exactly sure when they'll be arriving."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:05 pm

The rest of the day was like it always. She sent the guard and engineer on over to Hiromi's village as Mount Magmoor rumbled softly. A warning of what's to come.

Terry was friendly with some of the girl Dog Demon's while Bubbles preferred to keep things 'Professional'. He wasn't cold or warm towards them, but rather, indifferent.

Terry finished checking over the generator again "Well, it looks to be in perfect working order, Hiromi." he says as he gathers his tools.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:18 am

+
Hiromi smiled a bit and nodded. "Thank you Terry, we appreciate the work you put in keeping this place safe. Will you be heading back already? Taisho Village doesn't mind extra company." Or and at the least, she knew he was popular with some of the ladies of the village. Most didn't care, but always would be some that had salt about that sort of thing even if they had been the same race. It seemed to be a male thing past most species.

While Hiromi thought there was merit in being called Desians instead, getting everyone to agree was like herding rocks so she didn't; plus it was a petty thing to try to force. She loved her people and believed they were overall a good honorable bunch, but she wouldn't pretend they could also be stubborn and prideful at times when they wanted to be,
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:05 pm

Terry shrugs "Jennifer said I was suppose to be stationed here and that you two talked it over." he says as he.

"Is there a place where we can stay?" Bubbles asks, in an even tone "Also, what's for dinner?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:55 am

Hiromi did recall that, though it must have slipped her mind with how many things she was trying to juggle. A few times she had fallen asleep at her desk with some drool, which some of her friends had teased about but also voiced concern of slowing down a bit. Still, not the best look for the normally calm and dignified woman but everyone was allowed those moments.

"I do recall that, and there is a place you two can stay. For dinner we'll be having Tempura and Curry Rice. It's a dish back in Japan where we come from." They may have heard of it, or not she wasn't sure how often if at all the two went off world.

Hiromi lead them a bit further in to a taller building, it was shaping up to be a place reserved for guest though there had been plans for even more building. Since she doubted any Mystic anytime soon would want to live here it worked for now. Most of everything present, naturally, had a Japanese style of the older era far as building style was concerned.

"Here you gentleman go. If you need to get cleaned, that building there is a bath house we built over the hot springs."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:16 am

Terry nods his thanks "I'd ask if you have anything else that needs looking at, but aside from the generator, I have a feeling that my services won't be in much demand." he chuckles.

Bubble looks around the room "It's small and simple... It's perfect for my needs." he says with a nod of approval. Bubbles was a minimalist, which was why he asked to be assigned to Inferno Village in the first place.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:07 am

Hiromi smiled and shook her head. "Not at the moment, no. As this place expands I wouldn't be surprised if we need your help more. Ayane might want to poke your brain about certain things related to that when she see's you."

Ayane was their resident 'tinker' person. Back at home she was one of the few of her people interested in in mechanical things and similar; enough that she had her own workshop to mess with things in peace until her heart was content.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:47 pm

Terry nods, a grin on his face "Sure thing. I always like teaching the younger generation a thing or two." he says.

Not too far off, Mount Magmoor lets out a low rumble, as if warning everyone in the area that it was about time. They would know it was time to erupt when the Magma Hoppers start leaving the area and the Lava Eaters start showing up.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum