Only The Skies Know

2 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Only The Skies Know - Page 4 Empty Re: Only The Skies Know

Post by Namey Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:59 am

Kisa scrunches her face, trying to remember "I thinks, long go. My parents had taken me and Arlin to the amusement park. I can't really remember too much about it. I was still very young." she says.

Catherine nods slightly "With her sister, uh, away and Kisa having just woken up, she really hasn't had much time to do much of anything aside from physical therapy for her legs and school. she explains.

Kisa nods with an exaggerated sigh "It's all work, work, work. I rarely get to watch any movies, let alone have any real fun." she says, sounding glum "So this is a treat for me!" she says, perking up.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:32 pm

Leon smiled. "Then we'll make sure we have a good time. Lana hasn't been to one really either, so maybe you could help her pick out her first?"

"Um, if that's fine?" Lana questioned, unsure.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:32 pm

Kisa nods enthusiastically. She was excited to have someone to come with her to the amusement park "You bet it's fine. Let's go for something simple first. How about the house of mirrors?" she suggests.

Catherine had to wonder if this house of mirrors was anything like the cave of crystal mirrors, back on Elysium. That was a place she wouldn't take any child. Sure it Could be a fun place to visit, but some of the darker caves were down right terrifying

Still, she highly doubted any place like the cave of the crystal mirrors existed on Earth, at least, she hoped they didn't. If they were cary on Elysium, how much worse would they be on Earth?
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:41 pm

Lana thought a bit, then smiled. "Oh, okay. I heard of them, it should be fun."

The Alusarian had heard of them too and a lot of urban legends of seeing ghost, dead loved ones trying to talk to you and who knows what else. Of course he'd Normally dismiss these as silly stories after all the strangeness he had seen, who really knew. The truth was stranger then fiction.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:47 am

It was good that Catherine wasn't reading Leon's thoughts. The idea of seeing departed loved one i a mirror was simply terrifying. She looks over the map for a second, then points "The House of Mirrors is this way." she says in good spirits.

There was a map at the entrance of the House of Mirrors and the guy at the front encouraged everyone to looki t over, as it was very easy to get lost in there "But don't worry, we haven't lost anyone in there for too long." he says with a grin.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:33 pm

Lana paused at that but Leon gently patted her shoulder. "Don't worry. We'll stick together." He didn't put too much stock in those stories and of course didn't say anything about it. Admittingly though, the idea of loved ones trying to contact you from the other side was a bit unsettling even for him.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:11 pm

Once inside, Catherine closes her eyes for a bit and takes a few steps, as if counting the steps from the entrance to the first corridor of mirrors. She nods to herself and continues on. What she was doing, was using what she got from the map and from the real time distance from the entrance to effectively map the entire House of Mirrors so they wouldn't get lost.

The first hall had the standard carnival mirrors that warped ones shape and figure. It was quite interesting what these Humans can come up with to amuse themselves. In one mirror, she was tall and lanky, and the next she as squat and short. One mirror even had them photo negative. It was a big TV monitor, of course, but if one didn't know the difference, they would think it was a mirror.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:10 am

Lana was amused by some of the mirrors, but she was obviously enjoying herself which made Leon happy. It was nice to see them like that. Not everyone knew it because she normally hid it well until she was alone, but Lana had never been completely the same since Natsumi had died. Part of her would of course always miss them still of course.

She seemed to relax a bit more around Catherine, it wasn't by a huge amount but at least she was starting to let her defenses slowly down which was a start.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:22 am

The young Zoanthrope wheels around a bit "Are we lost?" she asks. Between all the infinite reflections of the mirrors and this places maze like lay out, she had gotten turned around.

Catherine chuckles lightly "No, Kisa. We're not lost. I've been keeping track of where we are this whole time." she says with a reassuringly smile as she points "The exit is over there, behind those mirrors. she says.

And sure enough, the exit was there. After they all head  out, Catherine looks around, contemplating what they should do next. Something without height restrictions and that Kisa could ride as well. Though,they didn't Have to go on rides. There were plenty of carnival game booths they could try.

Catherine looks over to the small group "Would anyone like to try a booth next?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:56 pm

Lana perked up. "I'll go." She said, sounding a bit excited. She had always wanted to try one of these things. Leon was fine with it, as long as she and Kisa had a good time.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:12 pm

There were plenty of booths for them to try. The first one was hit all the bottles and win a prize. Catherine decided that this would be perfect for her and knocked down all the bottles. She got a prize for Lana, mainly because Kisa didn't see anything she wanted.

Catherine pauses over at a ring booth. Get a ring on a bottle and win a prize. She didn't feel that was a good one. Mainly because the rings were Jut a bit too small for the bottles and would always bounce off. She made a mental note to tell the park owner.

There were many more booths Kisa was eyeing a water gun booth. Fill the balloon and win some tickets to redeem for better prizes at the kiosk. Yes. That was the one Kisa wanted to try out next. It was simple and she didn't have to move from her chair.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:23 am

Lana got a stuffed animal of some kind, she had a few others back at home but she liked this one too. She would have to intoduce Kisa to Alia whenever she finally got back. Right now though she was actually enjoying herself and not thinking of anything negative.

"You can do it Kisa!" She'd be fine, Lana was sure but she wanted to encourage her friend.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:40 am

Spurred on by the cheering and support, Kisa focused on her target, the evil clown grinning at her, and let loose with a torrent of water straight into the dastardly clowns mouth, which caused the balloon at the top of it's head to rapidly expand and pop soon after!

Kisa let out a whoop of victory as she ad defeated the evil clown and won her prize of redeemable tickets Afterwards, Kisa looks around for something else they could do and her eyes fell upon a batting cage and a Duel Monsters holo-arena. She didn't know how to play the game, but it seemed easier than batting practice. Still, it was Lana's turn to pick something fun to do.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:50 pm

"Um, what are duel monsters?"
Lana asked Kisa and Catherine, Leon didn't really know.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:35 pm

That made three of them. Catherine had heard of it in passing, but knew nothing about it personally.The Mystic shakes her head "I'm sorry, but I don't know either." she says, not wanting to sate the obvious of it being a card game.

Kisa, on the other hand, knew quite a bit about Duel Monsters. Since it was one of the ames that she could play without needing to stand She explained in as much detail about what the game was as she could, so they could understand it.

She was kicking herself for not bringing her cards with her. If sh had known there would be a dueling arena here, she surely would have brought them along.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:09 am

Lana frowned a bit, thinking. "Then, maybe I could visit where you live? Duel Monsters sounds fun."

"They live far away from us, so that might be hard. Its really up to them one of these days."
Leon explained, but he had no problems with it.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:53 am

Kisa brightened up to that idea "I got no problem with that." she says, enthusiastically.

Catherine smiles as well "Than that settles that. If Kisa is alright with it, you two are welcome over whenever you wish. As for the distance, that shouldn't be a problem for me." she says

This meant that she and Leon would mot likely exchange contact information. The thought of being able to get a hold of him whenever she wanted made Catherine's heart race a bit.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:55 am

Leon was very picky about the women he allowed close to him and by proxy Lana. As a single parent, you had to be. He had seen too many times where the parent would just focus on the emotional aspect and ignore red flags, or even if their potential partner wasn't a bad person, they weren't good or fond of kids. That let to strain on everyone.

Catherine seemed to have a good head on her shoulders(something that was becoming more rare with people these days) wasn't overly moody and was nice enough. So he was all right with hanging around them like this.

"Since Lana is already fine with it, I'm all right with it too. We could go after we're done here."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:36 pm

Catherine didn't have a problem with this. New York was only thirteen hours behind Tokyo and since it was still relatively early here, it would only be the beginning of nightfall back home. A few hours there wouldn't hurt.

Catherine smiles at Leon, but they had to leave right now "How about we go right now? We exit the park and I wingwalk everyone to our home?" she asks.

She could tell that Leon was a very smart man and after hearing where they lived, he probably checked the time difference between the two places and more than likely would know what she was getting at with her sudden suggestion.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:51 pm

Leon had an idea with what he knew, but he wasn't going to assume he was correct until he was there. "I'm not doing anything for a bit so I'm fine with going now. Lana?"

Lana shook her head. "No, I'm fine too."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:26 am

Catherine nods as she leads the other three out of the park, asks the to gather close as she spreads her blue feathered wing with red tips and engulfs all of them. It was a tight fit, with everyone And Kisa's chair, but she managed it, and suddenly they all disappeared with the typical sound made when a Mystic teleports and only a few ethereal feathers, that were slowly drifting down, were all tha remained of the group.

((All are out. Will start a new thread in New York.))
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum