Only The Skies Know

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Only The Skies Know - Page 2 Empty Re: Only The Skies Know

Post by Namey Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:37 pm

Catherine really enjoyed Leon's presents. She didn't know, yet, why. But she just did. She was getting the feeling that their meeting was a sign from the Great Galford that he wanted them to get together.

She made No mention of this, because most people who heard of the Galford, whatever you choose to believe of him, they always laughed. As if not taking their Great God seriously.

Most Mystics got upset by that, even the Arch Bishop. But not Catherine. She respected their opinion about her God, because they didn't know anything about Him and it wasn't her place to force it on others. If they asked, she would tell them.

She took them to the local Golden Arches. Fast food was an interesting concept for Mystics. They even set up some Golden Arches in Elysium. It was a big deal. Even the Arch Bishop goes there.

Catherine motions to the menu "Please, order what you want, as much as you want." she says with a broad smile. As odd as it sounds, fast food is fine dinning in Elysium.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:34 pm

To Leon, the idea fast food was fine dining to a race like the Mystics seemed very foreign to him. Then again, the Mystics had been isolated for so long that in a way it made perfect sense why that have might been the case.

Plus Macdonalds was kinda like crack for those who didn't know any better. Not good for you at all, and addicting.

When they did get there, Lana was beside herself, there was so much food she didn't know what to do with herself. Whether it was due to her race or just her, Leon didn't know as he had never met any of Lana's kind besides just his daughter. She ended up getting some burger meal with fries.

Leon got something similar, but he still wasn't comfortable spending too much. "So theres these back at home too?

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:36 pm

Catherine got a combo meal and Kisa got a kids meal. Catherine nods to Leon's question "Oh yes. They approched Lord Arch Bishop as soon as he opened the passage." she says.

"It hasn't been announced yet, but the Arch Bishop is planning on making the passage open to the general public very soon." she says "He said that Earth and Elysium are neighbors and it's time we got acquainted." she points out.

"After all, the Wise and Powerful Galford is the God and Creator of both worlds, right?" she asks with a smile.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:20 am

Leon wasn't an religious person by any means, but he wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of deities around. It didn't mean he worshiped them or anything though. His life experience made him cynical on that subject but he wasn't going to rain on people's parade for their beliefs.

"I don't honestly know anything about Galford, and I'm actually not..from here." He said truthfully, he looked human and could be mistaken as such but he wasn't.

"Could we go when it opens?"

Leon was surprised slightly when Lane spoke up. "We'll, if there's no issues and we get our stuff in order I don't see why not."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:00 pm

Catherine smiles at Lana "I don't see there being any problems. Elysium isn't critical about special people, like Hyrule." she says. "The Arch Bishop wants everyone to feel welcome, no matter where they're from originally." she finishes.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:43 am

"Then we should have no problems then." Leon heard of Hyrule but he didn't really have a interest in going there. It wasn't like he and Lana were much of any threat anyway with their natural abilties so that helped.

Lana yawned a bit, it seemed she had eaten too much again and thus had gotten slightly drowsy.

"Tired kiddo?" At her nod, he continued. "That's what happens when you over eat. Just hang in there for a bit, we'll be home before you know it."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:53 am

Catherine nods "We should be heading out soon, ourselves." she says, refering to Kisa, of course.

The Mystic woman stands and hands Leon a business card "Here's my office number. My personal number and address are on the back. I wouldn't mind hearing from you again." she says with a smile.

She looks to Lana "Take care, young one." then she nods to Leon "I wish for you both to have a pleasent rest of the day." she says.

Kisa looks to Lana "It was nice getting to know you, Lana. Let's hang out some more, some time." she says with a wave.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:37 am

[color:0fde=cyan.] "See you Kisa." Lana waved back.

"Take care." Leon said to the two as they began to leave themselves after taking the card. It had been a rather interesting day so far and something that broke the mundane routine of things as of late. If nothing else Lana seemed to like Kisa so he was more then happy to let the two continue to hang out.

It wasn't too long before they reached his home, it was small but comfy. It had three bed rooms, there was no need for extra since it was just him and Lana and maybe a guest once in a blue moon. Lana wandered off to her own room to sleep off for a nap for that lunch while he went into his own room.

His own room was rather basic itself, but it had all it needed as he wasn't one for material things besides things from a basic comfort level. There were pictures of some of his friends(save for Drake, as unfortunately there was no pictures) and such, around including one of P-Chan, both in her Zoanthrope form and her human form.

To him that form was beautiful as well. He knew P-Chan had been self concious to some degree to it but there was no need for it. It wasn't her fault the people of this world weren't used to it so standards of beauty were rather specific.

Having some time to kill and not expecting any company, he decided to put in a old classic anime called "Cowboy Bebop" as he had gotten into the whole thing since watching it. He could relate to the main character Spike a lot in some ways.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:02 pm

((Not sure how to continue, since Leon didn't give Catherine his number or address. So it's all on you.))
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:09 pm

After a bit later, he decided enough watching his show for now as he was debating what to do with his time. The amount of friends he had could be counted on his fingers. There was Mike, but he had business related stuff, Alia but she was with her mother, he supposed Athena to an extent but he Really didn't know her as well since she was a rare sight.

There was Talbaza but he was among the stars but he was still a good friend. Lamar, he wasn't as close to anymore if they were friends at all. The last time he talked to them had been ages ago.

"I hate to say it but I don't P-Chan cared about you and Lana as much in the end."

Leon blinked. Trying to process what the younger man had just said and wasn't sure he heard right. "..Come again?"

They paused then continued. "I meant what I said. Not only did she run away from you two, she couldn't even spare five minutes to say she needed to be away for a bit and you two were obviously the closes."

Leon couldn't believe what he was even hearing but he was trying to keep his temper in check. "And you're a mind reader? We don't know her reasons but its very possible the reason she didn't was because she knew being around me and Lana she'd lose her resolve to go where she felt she had to."

"Is that what you tell yourself or what you rehearsed to Lana because before deiciding not to tell her because you couldn't coherently explain anything that make sense?"

"..Lamar.." Leon said, his tone having a hint of warning. "Cut that crap out. Why are you even acting like this?"

"Because I'm tired of seeing it." Lamar responded, frusterated. "I'm tired of seeing Lana cry, I'm tired of you seeing you wracked with guilt and other feelings. She fucking left! She choose to leave! She didn't even care about you the same way, and she tossed you and Lana away without once looking back or thinking about you two while she was away. Meanwhile its eating you two alive while P-Chan was going on her merry way."

Leon felt his temper almost snap but he reigned it in. "Get out of my house. I won't ask again."

Lamar was going to say more but shook his head as he turned to leave. "It's true you'll never know more specifics, but deep down with the gist of what I said, you Know I'm right." And without another word he was gone.

Suffice to say, he didn't really talk to Lamar after that.

After toying with his phone a bit longer, he decided to give the Mystic woman a call. He wasn't really looking for a relationship or anything at the moment, at least not rushing into one. Even still you rarely planned out these types of things, they just came or didn't.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:16 pm

The phone rings a few times, then a soft, but plesent voice answers "Good evening. This is Catherine, how may I help you this evening?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:36 pm

He waited a bit longer before he got a answer. "Evening Catherine, its me Leon. I was just calling to check on you, and I'm sorry I didn't give my own number or address. I just had things on my mind."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:13 am

There was a slight pause on the other end "Think nothing more of it. I understand that you have your own life to live and a precious daughter to raise." she says.

"Though, just hearing that you were thinking of me makes me happy." she says, obviously smiling on the other end "If I may be so bold to ask this of you, if you're not busy tomorrow, would you like to meet up for something to drink?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:36 pm

Leon thought about it. He didn't have anything of importance coming up that he could think of. "Tomorrow should be more of a lull in business so I could visit. Would you prefer your place or meeting elsewhere?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:02 am

There was a slight pause "We should probably meet somewhere. I live in New York city, in America, so I would be very hard to visit me. I'm sorry I didn't say anything in the begining " she apologizes.

"If you like, we could meet where we were today? We both know the area and it's easy for us to find." she suggests.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:21 pm

Leon was curious of what she had been doing all the way in Tokyo then, he'd have to ask later. "That's all right with me. I didn't know you live in all the way in New York." Then again, they could teleport so it wasn't as bad.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:03 am

One could almost see Catherine nodding on the other end of the line "I did mention that we had come from out of town. Still, it's my fault for not saying anything. It just never came up." she says.

"Will you be bringing Lana with you as well? I think Kisa has taken a liking to your daughter. They have quite a lot in common already." she says, but what she meant by her statement was anyone's guess.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:40 pm

Leon definitely was going have to ask if what brought them here was business or to visit P-Chan's grave site. "Probably, if she wants to come along. She usually hangs around a young woman named Alia but she isn't here at the moment. And by common, you mean personality wise?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:08 pm

There was a slight pause on the other end, as if Catherine were gathering her thoughts "If it's alright with you, I would like to continue this discussion in person." she says "I have to pick Kisa up in a few minuets."

"Shall we meet up at about noon your time tomorrow, the same place as before?" she asks "Lunch will be my treat." she offers.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:03 pm

Leon thought about it then nodded. "That's fine with me."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:15 pm

"Wonderful." Catherine says on the other end "I look forward to seeing you tomorrow. I wish you a very plesant rest of the evening. Good night." she says, then the line goes dead, as she hangs up.

She was actually late for picking up Kisa. Catherine would make it up to her by taking her to get some ice cream or maybe some lunch at one of her favorite places.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:05 pm

Leon put his phone away, his mind on many things at the moment but he felt he needed to check on Lana before he went to bed. He knocked on her door. "Lana, you awake?"

"H-hang on!"

The slight off note of her voice and the sound of something being moved rapidly behind the doors made Leon susipcious.

Moments later, Lana opened the door and sat on her bed as Leon walked in, looking around. "Is there something you want to tell me young lady?"

Lana cringed a bit, looking at anything but her father. She was a horrible liar with things that weren't serious life and death. "A book.."

"Uh huh."
Leon's gaze got the desired effect and Lana sighed before going to grab a book hidden somewhere and placing it on the bed. It read "A Beginner's Guide To Ghost."

It was then Leon fully understood. They really needed this talk for the both of them.

"So, I had wondered what you were doing with your allowance money, that had to be it. You were doing research about ghost and maybe see if you could talk to Natsumi, weren't you?"

At her nod, he sighed and sat down nearby. "First off, I'm not mad and I won't tell you to throw it away since you did earn it. I don't entirely believe in it, but actually doing that stuff can be dangerous. So as long as you aren't actually going the extra step, its fine."

"Okay.." Lana whispered.

After a lull of silence she spoke up again. "Do you think she didn't like us anymore before she died again?"

Leon blinked, surprised. "Of course not. Why would you even think that?"

At that, Lana shifted uncomfortably again. "..Lamar ran into them before they died. But she did'n't run away, but when you came she did and never came back.."

Son of a bitch.

That was Not what he needed. There was a reason he had never told that part to Lana.

Feeling a headache, Leon rubbed his temples. "Lana, that's not the case at all."

Lana teared a up a bit."B-but she died because of that dragon, its my fault! That's..that's why they never came back.."

"Were you controlling them?"
At their hesistant head shake he continued gently. "Lana, there are countless things out of your control. Natsumi choose what she did because she wanted to. As for her leaving, sometimes we have to leave those we love behind to complete certain task. I'm sure it was as painful to her as it was for us and she was thinking of us every other day. In fact, what happened proves my point."

"..How?" Lana asked quitely.

"Because it was two totally different reactions. With Lamar it wasn't much, but when I came she got overwhelemed with emotion to the point she had to run away. Whatever it was she felt she needed to take care of, she wouldn't be able to go through with it with us there because she'd no longer have the will to follow through with it."

Lana seemed to be thinking of what her father said. "You sure?"

"I'm positive." Leon said firmly. "If she hadn't died, I'm sure she would have returned eventually and some of her final thoughts were on us. So don't pay what Lamar said any attention. That said, no one can replace them but..we can't put our lives on hold forever Lana."

"Okay..okay." Lana was still quite.

Leon felt there was still a few loose things to tie up in their heart to heart. "I say that also because I know on some level me dating bothers you. I'll be honest with you, I'm not looking to date right now but like I said we can't be in the same place forever. But to prove a point, you like Alia and spending time with them? Just for example sake, if we did date that wouldn't change nor are you replacing anybody, just like might eventually enjoy Catherine's company. I say that to prove a point. We form new bonds but we don't replace them."

Lana was stubborn on one thing. "But all those people came back to life after those pirates attacked."

Leon nodded. "And it was a miracle. People rarely get second chances like that, much less a third. It's not fair but life rarely is Lana, we can't always get what we want." He said gently.

After that, the young Molzon finally hugged her father crying her eyes out as Leon hugged her back. This would be good for Lana and the healing process for them both.

The next day was sluggish, but Leon forced himself awake. Besides him and Lana meeting with Catherine, there was stuff to do just in between as well.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:30 pm

As she said, Catherine was waiting at the local Mickey D's with Kisa in tow. The young girl looked a bit sleepy, but otherwise in a good mood.

Catherine walks over to her guests with a warm smile "Welcome and thank you both for seeing us." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:55 am

"Not a problem Catherine. Thanks for seeing us." Leon greeted as Lana stood close but seemed a bit less guarded around Catherine this time, if a bit subdued. But it could have been due just to being sleepy or something else.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:31 pm

Kisa wheels on over to Lana "Hi, Lana. How are you? You look a little sleepy." she says, looking sleepy herself.

Catherine looks over to Leon "There's a pretty big rime difference between here and New York. Kisa would normally be going to bed about now." she says in a slightly hushed tone "But when she heard she could see Lana again, she couldn't wait."

She motions for everyone to head on in "Please, would everyone follow me?" she asks with a smile.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum