First Sign Or False Alarm?

2 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

First Sign Or False Alarm? - Page 2 Empty Re: First Sign Or False Alarm?

Post by Namey Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:54 pm

"Oh yes. Hundreds of different lifeforms." Shinespark says as they continue to drive around "You see, on Cybertron, my home world, each Cybertronian is created with a specific job planned out for them, like construction or data clerk...." she explains "My function is observer. I am sent to different planets that support advanced life like yours and I observe them, recording what I can to report back to the Primes, our leaders, if that civilization is ready for us to contact them or not." she tells him "And no, before you ask, I am not here alone. We sent dozens of observers to a planet and ideally they would never know we were even here." she points out as she flashes her lights to a passing car "That was one of my comrades. I was sending him information about the city he is driving to." she tells Zyre.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:10 am

Hundreds? That was really hard for the young man to wrap his brain around since at most they could use telescope to observe things or their limited distance ships.

There was one other thing Zyre had to know. "So..have any of these civilizations you encountered both been space farring and hostile?" He was glad Shinepark's people weren't as he seriouly doubted his own people could stand against them. Not when even they were built like that and they weren't even made for combat
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:12 am

There was a pause, as if Spinespark was deciding on if to tell Zyre or not "Yes. There are many out there. Some more vicious than others, but we keep them at bay with an equal technological stalemate." she tells him "Do not worry, they do not know your planet exists and if they do, they are not interested in it." she says, trying to put his mind at ease.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:53 pm

"I guess you're right. If they wanted to attack they would have already."
Zyre was more trying to assure himself with that statement more then anything. He obviously had no way of knowing that for sure, just he preferred to think that. Better then maybe there was at least one but they were just saving it for later.

"I don't have a particular place in mind since this is kinda a spur of the moment. If you have somewhere you'd like to visit to know about my people more, let me know." He wasn't sure what, he would assume Shinespark had been doing this for a bit but she had asked for help.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:09 am

"Do not worry about my mission. I will take care of it in time, probably longer than your life span. Of course, that Does beg the question of how long your people live?" she asks as they keep on driving.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:15 am

It was more just to maybe give them something to do or focus on, he was still kind of overwhelmed by the whole thing. "About four hundred years. Give or take." He says after a beat. "I don't know if that's average, above average for races in this galaxy as a whole. What about your people?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:58 am

"Oh that is above average for most races..." Shimespark says as they continue to drive around "Most races I have encountered live about two, or so, hundred standard galactic years." she tells them "As for me and my people, we live millions of years." she tells him "I, myself, am still young at only a few hundred thousand years old." she tells him "Little older than a Cybertronian teenager, if you will." she chuckles lightly.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:28 am

A few millon years? That sounded absolutely crazy to Zyre but then again from what he could see, she wasn't organic at all so it actually made more sense. Then again, his people were the same but they just lived Much shorter. It was still hard to believe this woman was older then his people collectively.

"I guess its just a matter of perspective then when people live to different ages." He was going say more when he got a text, and normally he'd ignore it but wasn't even the one driving completely.

"I got asked me if I could swing by my sisters school, so we'll have to go by there later. I'll let you know. Do you guys have school?" And as much as he knew they would be excited to talk to a alien and a giant robot, it was best not to expose her cover anymore then it had.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:03 pm

"Of course we can go and pick up your sister." Shinespark says "You may drive anywhere you wish to." she tells him "As for my people having schools, no. We're made with basic knowledge, and we get trained in whatever field we're assigned to." she tells him.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:43 am

That was a difference between although they could do that if they wanted to, they really didn't. For one no one really wanted mess with a growing child development and a well meaning head start could have unknown side effects, or at least that was a common argument. Besides Kynloids being extremely skittish about doing anything along those lines unless a emergency.

"That makes sense. You guys don't exactly start off as babies then?" The obvious question was how they came to be. They had genders so did they even reproduce that way?
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:06 am

"Why the sudden interest in my peoples reproductive process?" Shinespark asks "Oh Zyre! You want to make a Baby with me, do you not?" she asks "Oh but be gentle. It is my first time having a man such as yourself inside of me." she chuckles as they keep driving around.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:01 am

Zyre was embarrassed by that, it was not at all what he meant although it was obvious she was just giving him a hard time. After all it wasn't everyday you encountered a race of giant robots that had genders. "Uh..I was just curious was all."

He was going to say more, but by this time they had arrived at the school so they should cut the conversation short so he didn't appear crazy.

A young girl around five or six came over and hopped into the car.

"Hey Aryanna. How was your day in your new school?"
Zyre asked them noticing his little sister seemed down compared to her usual happy self.

"Ok.." She said, not seeming want to talk much about it.

Zyre frowned slightly to this. He knew she wasn't as happy because she left a lot of her friends going to the new school, but felt like something else was bothering them. "Hey I know its rough starting out and its not the same without everyone there, but it'll get better. Even if it doesn't feel that way now. How about we get something to eat before we head home?"

Now that seemed to perk them up even if they didn't say anything. Some things never change.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:55 am

As the three take off, Zyre gets a text from an unknown number. It was Shinespark "Oh my Goodness! Your baby sister is So CUTE!!!" it reads. There was a string of heart, heart eyes, and kissing face emojis that followed.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:34 am

Zyre checked his phone and was surprised and at the same time not that Shinespark could send messages to it. It was a good thing it was private, plus people wouldn't mistake them for mysterious girlfriend they hadn't shown up in person yet.

He glanced at his little sister who was still in their own world at the moment before sending something else. 'Does this mean you can normal call to? Be a good way to talk without drawing attention.'
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:36 am

Zyre's phone rings, same unknown number as before. When he answered, Shinespark's voice sounds through "Of course I can call you nornally. If I can communicate across the galaxy, I can make a short ranged cell phone call." she says to him.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:00 am

That was good, although he couldn't exactly talk and drive at the same time so he waited until they got proper stop. Even then he had to be careful with his wording, his sister was in her own thoughts and didn't evedrop but it was kinda hard when you were literally two feet away. "That's good to know. I just wanted to check in on you, but I'll have to call you back when I'm not in the car." He knew Shinespark would be smart enough to play along with it.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:40 am

It didn't take them long to get home to drop Aryanna off, Shinespark taking note of where they lived "So how will your parental units take you having a vehicle from who knows where you got it from?" she asks "They will not try to have me towed will they?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:17 am

"By our standards I'm a adult and I have my own place so even if they did find it strange they won't say too much about it.
There wasn't much else to say to that. At least for now.. "So, you have parents?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:34 pm

"So what is the age of adulthood for your people?" Shinespark asks And as it turns out, Yes, I Do have Parental Units." she says, but doesn't elaborate.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:02 am

Zyra noticed she didn't go further into it. Either it was a touchy subject or she just didn't want to go into personal information about someone she barely knew. Both were fine if that was the case.

"About twenty two years. Or standard galatic years as you call them I guess." He started. "At least here in this country. In some other places its a bit different with their own standards. It feels like herding unruly kids getting everyone on the same page at times. It's gotten better though. Even have a international space station and I never thought that was gonna happen in my life time."

He would like to be optimistic about things though. Sure they had their problems and even wars among each other but they were doing better then their processors.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:51 am

The reason Shinespark didn't go into further detail, was because Zyre asked a simple question, and he got a simple answer. "Oh! So, your people have a functional space program?" she asks "How far into space have you gotten?" she asks again "If it is only as far as exploring your own solar system, you remind me of another species from a planet called Noreal. They are in the same boat as your people. They are just now exploring their own solar system." she tells him.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:41 am

"Well, for a certain part of functioning.." Zyre chuckled. "We could reach our moon, and a nearby planet of ours but it would take years. And some would take so long they have to cryofreeze even with our life span. Not that tech is a good or reliable as it could be so its not worth it yet. What's this Noreal place you mentioned?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:31 am

"Noreal is an exo planet that is Minshara Class, or an M-Class planet, that has about a half dozen unique races on it. A dozen is a standard galactic unit of measurement that has a count of twelve." Shinespark explains "It is a very pleasant planet to visit. Though, I would not want to live anywhere else than Cybertron." she tells Zyre.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:38 am

That sounds interesting, too bad he'd never get to see it himself in his life time if things continued as they were currently. He did wonder what the standard for exploring further was for other races. "So..just wondering how long did it take your people able to explore more then just nearby planets or just your solar system? I don't know how long it usually takes. Until now, I didn't even know it be possible at all. With warp drive, or whatever it is you guys use."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:45 am

"My people do not use FTL drives. We open Space Bridges, which is a type of spatial gateway that lets us travel from one point to another instantly." she explains "As for your own people developing a stable FTL drive, it depends on many factors. It could be tomorrow, or not for another few centuries." she tells him.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum