Old Bloodlines

Go down

Old Bloodlines Empty Old Bloodlines

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:33 pm

Tristian Hambram had been keeping his ears on the ground of the current going on's in Noreal. Things were peaceful on the surface, aside from the usual politics and infighting one could expect from any developing world. On the more supernatural and otherworldly front the public didn't hear about everyday, it had been hit or miss. Nothing thankfully major for a while but every once in a while something would pop up. That and they did a good job of keeping it(mostly) contained before things got out of hand.

That didn't mean they could get too complacent in his mind even if others were at the moment. He was getting up there in age and his grandson needed the experience so when he passed from this mortal coil. Just because things were on the calmer and one of Noreal's worse enemies was sealed behind the Terdis Tree didn't mean people like himself weren't needed anymore. This place had a habit of hitting them on the aside of the head when ever they got too care free.

The Shima estate always had a calming effect when he was there. Tristian supposed it was fitting considering the personality of the owner Yasuko. He needed to talk to his old friend about a few things and maybe find out if she had heard of anything of interest.

"Lady Yasuko will see you now." A young maid said to Tristian, interrupting his thoughts as he got from his seat waiting.

"Thank you Maegna." Tristian felt his bones slightly protest from the simple movement. Age truly was one of the worse enemies he had to deal with.

Two large beautifully decorated double doors opened revealing a large garden full of exotic flowers and the like. In the distance was Yasuko she was dressed much more casually. Probably because she was simply relaxing with no intention to leave her property.

"Tristian. It's good to see you."
She said with a smile as she approached. "But going by recent trends, its not just a social visit is it?"

The old man shook his head slowly. "Afraid not. There are a few things I wanted to talk about, but that doesn't mean we can't catch up besides."

Yasuko silently motioned for them to follow until they reached a table and some few seats. "Agreed we can catch up after so I'll get to the point. Have you heard about what has been happening about the Mugen clan? Or Dread Beast have been appearing a bit more now? A ancient one was encountered, but we have no idea where it is."

To Tristian both were troubling for different reasons. The Mugen clan was important of not only dealing with Fiends but general things of the supernatural far as information and tracking went. Dread Beast went by many different names. They were artificial created beings that primarily preyed on Veeden. No one was sure how they were made, but they did get stronger as they aged.

The old warrior felt a slight headache at this, and Yasuko didn't need to be a empath to gauge her old friend as she silently offered him some tea. After a silent pause and thank you, he took it before he focused. "We know enough about Dread Beast they don't breed, so if more appear either its one's missed or someone is creating more of them. And what exactly about the Mugen clan?"

"It's nothing we can exactly pinpoint but.." Yasuko trailed off. "Basically, ever since that young man by the name of Ness sealed the Terdis Tree, some of the higher ups of the Mugen clan have been acting strange. It's not like just because Fiends can't enter our world anymore doesn't mean there aren't other threats. So its strange that the sealing is causing fuss. The timing seems too odd to ignore."

"I agree. But without proof of anything can't do much about internal affairs." Tristian took a sip of his tea. "We also can't ignore that in the past people have been compromised for one reason or another. Either for power or something else. Gods know its happened enough in the past to not write it off."

"I'll have my people keep a ear on things. If I find out anything, I'll let you know." Yasuko was quite for a bit as she changed the subject slightly. "While we're here, I have wanted to ask you how has training with your grandson been? And have you decided on, training, I think his name was Hiroshi Johnson?"

"It's been a mixed thing."
Tristian admitted with a sigh. "Callum is talented, but he doesn't seem to have the right mind set. I think our family fame along with the attention it brings went slightly to his head. Not to mention his focus isn't there, which is why I haven't continued for now. If worse comes to worse, I might have to find another successor elsewhere."

"As for Hiroshi.." He mused. "All I know is from what Natomi has told me of him, but I would need to meet the young man first. He wants to train under me because he wants to help his loved ones. It's admirable and he might be a good young man but I have to see if desires anything more then that. Truth be told, I don't have as much interest if he plans to do nothing with it besides. Earth seems to be a very chaotic place, much like Noreal was back in the day. If any realm could potentially need that power to help, its earth."

Yasuko thought those points were fair. Tristian would definitely want someone who is active in helping others and fighing the good fight then being more passive. It wasn't to say not having a life outside of it, but, well, they already saw the opposite extreme with Callum.

That said, they did need to catch up so Yasuko shifted to lighter subjects when time permitted.

Even if she had a feeling it was just a lull.

To be continued here or some other story. Depending how lazy I'm feeling.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum