Business Before Pleasure

2 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Business Before Pleasure  - Page 4 Empty Re: Business Before Pleasure

Post by Namey Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:19 am

*Okay, now that I kniw what happened, it's time to find out who did this...* hw thinks as he keeps looking into the history of this mighty tree.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:35 pm

Ness would see images of people gathered around the very same tree, but it wasn't quite as large and impressive as it was in current. Yasuko was there, as were a few others discussing about things in regards to the seal.

"And your positive after everything we went through, this seal will hold?" Yasuko asked a blonde young woman.

"Unless something unforeseen happens, then yes." They replied, placing a hand on the tree. "We made sure it was going to last as long as this planet was going to. No one else on Noreal will have to live through the things we did."

"Hm." Yasuko said no commitally, seemingly lost in her own thoughts. "I certainly hope so. There was some idiots that were against the seal because they worried it may potentially make generations far in the future much weaker. It's absurd. No amount of power is worth playing with fire with our own lives."

"Of course." Another man spoke up. "Though most won't we shouldn't take off the table those who might want the seal gone for their own reasons despite how much of a disaster it would be. Either because they got power hungry, or..not quite well in the head anymore. Your friend Sorth for example, speaking of have you seen them? They've been missing for years."

"No. I have not." Yasuko said politely but curtly, not wanting to talk about it.

"In either case." They began again. "We should probably head back. There are a few things we still need to discuss far as Noreal's future."

It continued a bit longer before a silver haired man named Radu came to the tree after gone through the guards who seemed to trust them not to do anything. Once they got through, they placed their hand on the Great Tree a bit before leaving.

It wasn't a one time thing, as it happened every other couple of years but it seemed to subtly throw the balance off without doing it too fast to catch attention before the full curse was put on. Said curse wasn't anything of Noreal's world, but the very beings that were sealed from by the help of the tree: Fiends.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:35 pm

*Interesting... so it seems this person has corrupted the seal, turning it into a curse to kill the tree and let whatever the tree is sealing out... kinda like the Pillars of Nosgoth...* he thinks *So what happens if I were to do the opposite. Use the curse to strengthen the seal, instead of weaken it and return balance to the tree and the world?*

He keeps his hand on the tree *I didn't want to use this so soon, but since I can't separate the curse from the seal on my own And I have no idea what kind of magic is involves... I have no choice...* he thinks.

He takes a breath and opens his skyblue eyes *Power of Magnus!* he thinks and suddenly the power to reshape the world as he sees fit, rushes into every cell of his being and all at once, Ness Knew how to undo this problem and restore balance to this world!

With this almost overwhelming reality warping power, Ness untangled the curse from the seal and reversed the power of the curse to strengthen the seal and re-entangled the two of them. Ness was a little unsettled with how easy it was to mess with powerful and unknown forces like that, with the Power of Magnus.

But it was done. The tree would start to grow healthy again as the seal would get stronger once more. Whatever it was that the mystery man was hoping to let loose, would be staying put.

Ness feels the power fade and he slowly drops to one knee. This would be the first time he had used the Power of Magnus without La-Mika's aid and she was right, it was pretty taxing "Okay... it's done. Your tree will be just fine." Ness says as he tries to haul himself up.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:10 pm

To the disbelief to everyone present, the tree looked visibly healthier already as if Ness had hit some type of switch. Lucien wasn't sure how to feel about seemingly so easily fixing some very old and powerful magic like that. It sealed away another realm from their mortal enemies, it had to therefore be powerful and large reaching in scope but still..

Skylar instantly rushed over to support Ness. "Are you all right? I have no idea what happened but that seemed to take a lot out of you."

Lucien soon got his thoughts in order. "It's ancient magic that seals another realm. I'd be more surprised if he wasn't drained. I didn't know you were a magic user of that calibur." They were greatly in Ness' debt for what he had done. Still he doubted Ness wanted All that attention so he'd be more discreet with how things were handled.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:51 am

Lucien would be correct, Ness wouldn't want all that attention. But he had a feeling that all the right, and wrong, people would find out what he had done and this could work to his advantage. Letting them know the good guys have a very powerful ally.

Ness accepts Skyler's aid "Yeah, I dabble a bit." he says, thinking it's best to play the modest part for now "I just didn't think it would be this taxing." he chuckles "Is there a place close by where I can catch my breath?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:58 am

"There is that." Skylar glanced around before spotting a nearby bench where Ness could catch his breath for a bit and he could wind down slightly. Though it did give her a idea. Since Ness was helping her it make sense to stay where she was living until it was sorted or at least nearby and since her place was close it was a decent pivot without drawing too much attention.

"Once you catch your breath a bit, if you want you may stay at my residence as a guest since its close by. That is if you want to." Though Skylar intentions weren't Purely business, she did want to get to know them a bit.

Lucien and Andaline would let Ness decide, but after what he had done the least they could do is make sure he was situated for as long as he was a guest here.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:16 pm

Ness takes a seat on the bench and rests for a moment. After a bit, he felt better, but he could feel that the Power of Magnus wasn't ready to use. He was fine with that.

He nods after a bit "I think I'll take you up on that offer." he says to Skyler. He needed to talk to her in private anyway. To let her know what he had set into motion.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:09 pm

Lucien nodded slightly to that. "I'll leave you in Skylar's capable hands then. If you need to discuss further then we'll be in touch. Come on Andaline, we have some other things to attend to."

"It was a pleasure meeting you. I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay." The queen said pleasantly and left the two after her husband.

Skylar didn't waste time of leading them into the vehicle so they could head to her home which thankfully for them both didn't take too long to do. The young woman's place was off the beaten path compared to others which meant more peace and quite.

A regal home appeared in front of them both as she led him inside. "This is my home. I've only had it for a few years now." She wouldn't even begin to try to impress a man who literally saved a global seal, but she was happy she earned her way up from what she was. Besides, Ness likely seen much more impressive homes anyway.

A beautiful woman went to greet them.  The only thing unusual about them was a Nosferartu wearing glasses, since you didn't see that everyday/ "Nice to see you back safe and sound mistress Skylar. We have a guest?"

Skylar had tried to stop her from calling her that but it was kinda ingrained into them at this point because of her past. "This is Ness, and he'll be staying with us for a bit.  Ness, this is Zara. She's my maid and a good friend." She didn't know Ness had technically heard about them in their vision.

"I see." Then she smiled. "It's a pleasure to meet you. May I get you anything to drink or eat or are you sated?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:56 am

Skyler would have been correct. Ness Had seen better and bigger homes. But he wouldn't besmirch her hard work by telling her that. She earned every bit of praise for her accomplishments.

When he sees Zara he nods to her "Greetings. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Zara." he says "Could I get a glass of water?" he asks as he finds a couch to rest on.

He tries not to stare, but Zara was hot. That's one vampire he wouldn't mind letting her suck something out of him. He was well aware that they could sense emotions, but he could also block people from sensing his emotions, so he would be fine with his lecherous thoughts.

He looks over to Skyler "Is it just you two in this big mansion?" he asks. He likely knew different, but, he wouldn't mind if it were just the three of them.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:01 pm

Skylar nodded slightly. "Just us two, not counting vistors. I originally got this with other things in mind but it didn't turn out that way. Still its a nice place. I would like some juice as well, and some time to talk to Ness."

Not too long after, Zara came with with a cup of juice and then water respectively. "I shall leave you two for the time being to finish up my duties. If you need me I'll be in the garden."

Skylar watched her friend leave before turning to Ness. "Zara is actually Sebastian's sister, not that he acts like it. When I found her, she was in bad shape mentally. She'd do whatever one said and not care about her safety or wants. I had to get her to the point its ok to turn people down and they aren't obligated to anyone. They can with anyone they want or have feelings for. She was used as..entertainment by some of the men and women Sebastian would have as guest." She said tactfully but with disgust. Not at Zara of course, but her supposed brother and his thugs. She honestly believed they were the worse of her kind to offer the world and that brought her some sense of shame.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:37 am

Ness nods slowly "If you like, I can completely break any mental conditioning she might have on her." he offers. It would be pretty easy to do, and he's done it before. It still didn't change his opinion of her or what he would like to do to her. She was still hot, after all.

"Also, I wanted to let you know, Sebastian's little toadie in the council? I compelled him to work for us." he says "He'll secretly gather evidence of Sebastian, and his circle's, wrong doings and turn it into you, all the while acting like nothing's wrong." he explains.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:26 am

Some may of been upset that Ness seemed to have very little reaction after bad news like that. Skylar wasn't one of those people, how they reacted in times like these wasn't as important was what they did. Besides, people of great power couldn't fly off the handle everytime they heard upsetting news or bad things tended to happen or they do something they shouldn't have.

She was more then grateful for everything Ness had done in the end of the day. "That is up to her, you could go talk to them later about it if she wants to. Zara is well enough to decide on her own and she deserves that much. As for the other news, good. Hopefully they are able to catch everything with haste. The sooner those monsters are taken care of, the better."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:05 am

Ness's lack or reaction had stemmed from the fact that he had encountered Much worse than what happened to Zara. People brainwashed to do unspeakable acts of violence in the name of a cause or a person they didn't believe in, often to those they cared about and even their own family. Honestly, compared to what Ness had encountered in the past, what had happened to Zara was mild. It was still wrong, but it wasn't the worst he had seen.

Ness nods "I believe I will ask her. After all, there Could be some hidden mental programming that she could still follow, given the right activation phrases." he points out "Just not right now." he sighs "Right now I believe a hot bath and a cozy bed will do just fine."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:13 am

Skylar stood up at that. "Of course. I'll show you." She lead them up the stairs to one of the rooms with a nice bathroom and shower. Just across of it was one of the many guest rooms, that was still clean and professional; Zara was something of a clean freak and enjoyed doing it. "And there we go. You can use the guest room to relax. I'll be down stairs if you need me I'm going to check on Zara."

Skylar left him for the time being to head outside the garden where Zara was attending to the plants, but glanced up at Skylar. "How is master Ness adjusting?"

"He's doing fine, we just finished discussing a few things." Skylar said to her friend. "You know, you don't have to do as much. You can relax."

"I enjoy it. It makes me feel useful. And I do not have to think of certain things." Zara admitted, turning towards them. "If I may ask, are you attracted to them?"

Skylar's eyes darted away. "What gives you that impression?"

"Your eyes dilate, and dart to and from at times. I noticed that much with just serving. You are doing it again, right now." She continued plainly. "There is no shame in it, he is very handsome but knowing you I suspect that's not all the reason for it. I will admit he does appeal to me, but if you wish I will back down."

Skylar was embarrassed about being found out that easily, but Zara was scarily observant. People often underestimated her with that factor. "I couldn't just tell you what to do like that."

"I see." She repeated, then nodded. "Then, if the mistress desires we can share them and if he is fine with it. I do not mind and that would actually make me happy. I do not think master Ness would mind, most males have the fantasy of more then one mate."

"O-one thing a-a t-time." Skylar answered, flustered beyond what was normal for her. Normally she wouldn't entertain the idea, but with Zara it was different. "We aren't sure Ness would go for such a thing..and a lot of things are going on right now.."

"If you always wait for the right time, there may not be a next time." Zara pointed out. "It's one of the few lessons that stuck with me in that other residence. I will respect what you want, I just ask you think about it."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:02 pm

Ness, not having a clue about the conversation the two ladies were having, starts his bath, filling it to an acceptable level, then strips his clothes off and lowers himself into the warm water with a sigh.

This was a pretty good way to end some rather high level negotiations and once he finished up here, he would head back to Earth, where Masato's new body should be ready. Cedrick would be pleased.

He knocks on the wall once to see if there was anyone else in the mansion or not, just to be safe. He still felt a little blue from the 'History that Never Was' where he and Monica never got together. Oh well, he was actually use to that feeling and being in a mansion alone with two very cute ladies didn't help either. Still, he would behave himself.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:14 pm

Skylar had come to a decision with Zara she agreed with, but if it was just her she'd probably had lost the nerve. She just hoped this worked far as catching his attention, but there were numerous ways it could go. Regardless, they were to wait until he went to his room then Zara would partially lead so they could do their thing.

As for Ness, the knocking didn't do anything. It seemed it really was just them three.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:58 am

Ness finished up with his bath, dries off and gets dressed. He heads onto his room, kicks off his shoes and lays back on his bed.

It was a tiring few days, first he needed to keep his energy up for the negotiations of space stuff, he just hoped the people from Noreal were ready for space travel. Ness had seen what happened when races weren't. It was brutal.

He pulls out a data padd and starts working in something. He has a feeling that this Sebastian fellow, will try and get his hands on some of the ship-to-ship weapons for his own nefarious deeds. Ness needed to make sure those weapons couldn't function without a ship attached to them.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:18 am

Skylar couldn't believe Zara had talked her into this! This was crazy and she should totally turn back!

..Save she was still here with the young woman as she fidgited with her night gown while Zara remained in a similar outfit from before. She knocked on the door. "Master Ness? May we come in or do you need to rest?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:28 am

Ness doesn't put down his data padd "Yeah, come on in." he says "I'm just finishing up some last minuet details about today's presentation." he says. Zara likely didn't care about his work too much, but that was fine. It still needed to get done and he was sure Skyler would approve of his foresight.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:16 am

Zara shook her head slightly. "I can't pretend to understand all the things in regards to politics, but I know from Mistress Skylar they are very important work."

Ness was right, Skylar was pleased at the news as she smiled. "Good. That will make things much easier."

The other Nosferartu glanced at Skylar before turning to Ness as if mulling something in her head. "That all said, I do believe Skylar has something to say and its best she do so on her own for the first half."

'Traitor!' Skylar thought to herself as her best friend, who she felt was enjoying this too much. She fidgited a bit and sighed. "I suppose I will get to the point. I like you and I want to get to know you more. I know you likely a busy man with your own things on earth who can most anyone woman you want, but I'd really like if gave me a chance. Us a chance.."

Zara placed her glasses down so they wouldn't get in the way. "Clarifying, she means the two of us. I have expressed interest but didn't want to potentially take you from mistress. I am all right with sharing as is she as long as its just me, we just didn't know how you would feel about it."

Seemed of the two of them, Zara wasn't shy about this sort of thing and more blunt while Skylar was red as a tomato making her look more cute. "We would like to get to know us both once matters had settled down. However, we know at the moment current matters are more important so that can wait. That being said, if its not for you or you don't see either of us as mate potential that is fine, we won't hold it against you and respect your choice."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:19 am

Ness thinks for a bit "Ladies? I have an unhealthy amount of things I need to be doing when I return to Earth and I have to be returning very soon." he tells them "So I'll tell ya what, once I finish my business there, I'll come back here and we can talk about it some more, in a bit more detail." he says "Sounds like a plan?" he asks.

It's a good thing he got it right this time, instead of misunderstanding the situation like before. Although, Skyler coming before him in a nightgown and blushing like a schoolgirl with a crush didn't help the situation either and could have been easy to misread things, like in a different version of the History that Never Was.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:15 am

"Of course. That's why we said later. We'll leave to your work for and get out of your hair." Skylar got up for now, followed not to long after with Zara so Ness could finish his work.

(I suppose things are closed for the time being)
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4