Respawning in 3... 2... 1...

Go down

Respawning in 3... 2... 1... Empty Respawning in 3... 2... 1...

Post by Namey Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:27 pm

Ness slowly opens his sky blue eyes. Everything was white. He was in an 'infinity room', as he called them. It wasn't his first time being in one of these. He never liked them.

He sits up and sees a figure that was bathed in the almost blinding light of the infinity room and figured they were whom he was here to see "Ah damn. I died, didn't I?" he asks as he gets up.

"That's right. You died defending people you've never met on a world not of your own, as you always do." says a female voice.

A young woman steps out of the light. She looked plane and unassuming. One would never think this beauty of a young woman carried the strongest force in all the known multiverse. She smiles softly "You know me. This'll make things a whole lot easier now." she says.

Ness nods as he gives her a formal bow "High Goddess La-Mika." he says "Answer me this, if I may ask. I'm dead, having died a dog's death as I always knew I would..." he starts "...Why is it that I'm here, and not the afterlife with my loved ones?" he asks.

La-Mika shakes her head "Before that, I wanted to talk with you." she says as she casually walks back Ness and sits at a cafe table. She pats the seat next to her "Have a seat and we'll chat." she says.

Ness walks over and takes a seat and suddenly they were at a cafe, somewhere, but there was no one around "Okay, that was unexpected." he mumbles.

La-Mika pours both of them some tea "Ness, I've had my eye on you for some time now. Did you know that?" she asks "Your exploits have captured my attention and the fact that you actively help total strangers and ask for nothing in return, Is, in fact, worthy of something more than three bullets in the chest." she points out.

Ness shakes his head "But I have asked for things in return before. Quite a lot, in fact." he says "I'm not the saint you might think me to be." he mumbles, thinking of all the terrible things he's done throughout the centuries.

La-Mika chuckles "Of course you're not a saint. If you were, we wouldn't be having this conversation." she points out "The things you usually ask for are every day things. Food, provisions, water, a place to sleep. You never ask for money, recognition, or even a thanks." she says with a smile "Do you know when you first caught my attention?" she asks.

Ness thinks "If I had to guess, I'd say it was when I absorbed the energy of the Eye of Magnus and didn't die then. Right?" he asks.

La-Mika nods "Correct. And even though you Knew it was messing with your PK skills, you still did what you do best and helped others who couldn't help themselves." she says "And let's examine what you've done in that time, shall we?" she asks.

She brings up an old portable black and white tv and flicks it on. It shows Ness fighting against some Decepticons by himself. She flicks the channle to show him fighting against Meta Ridley, again by himself. She flicks the channle once more to show him talking down a young man with a knife to a woman's neck. She shuts the tv off.

"All of those are impressive by themselves, but the fact that you did all of that when your powers were being messed up by the Power of Magnus, was something else. Though, I have to wonder why you were taking on some of these by yourself." she asks.

Ness frowns a bit "With the Decepticons, I didn't want anyone to get hurt. I had seen first hand how brutal they could be in battle." he starts "With Ridley, I have no doubts that both Jack and Jason would have been helpful, but Meta Ridley is made of a metal that could hurt even Jack and should I have fallen, at least they would still be there to lead everyone." he continues "As for the last one, the poor fellow wasn't well. If I hadn't stepped in, they would have shot him. He needed help, not to be executed." he finishes.

La-Mika was smiling through his entire explanation "The common theme in all your answers, was to help someone else in one way or another." she says "Tell me, Ness, if you had a do over with the knowledge and skills you have now, would you change anything?" she asks.

Ness nods "Of course. First of all, I would fight Giygas by myself so that none of my friends would have died." he starts "I would have stayed with Dawn to make Sure she was safe." he explains "I would have come to the Council chambers on Krypton with irrefutable proof and hard evidence that the planet was in it's final life cycle." he states "And I would pick up on Miku's depression and shame long before she could take her own life, and get her the help she really needed." he finishes, his voice was low.

La-Mika places a soft hand on Ness' "Those last two are still weighing heavily on your soul, aren't they?"" she asks, and Ness nods silently.

She squeezes Ness' hand a bit "What if, I told you that I could give you the power to do Just that?" she asks "I can give you the power to go back to the sights of your greatest regrets and set them right!" she says.

Ness quarks a brow "Isn't messing with time like, I donno, a crime or something? Enough to get the Time Patrol after you?" he asks "I know Destroyer Gods really look down upon that sort of thing." he points out.

La-Mika smiles mischievously "Fu, fu, fu! A Destroyer won't question the one who invented time and the very reason they exist or anyone whom she says can time travel freely and neither will the Time Patrol." she says with a smerk "Being the 'High Goddess' comes with it's perks." she says, almost gloating "So, if I gave you all of this, what would you say to getting your life back and setting right, once and for all, the things you couldn't before?" she asks, holding out her hand.

Ness was seriously thinking. He could Finally rest. He fought the good fight and had earned this, hadn't he? "You Did fight the good fight and you earned a happy ending. Not three bullets in the chest for everything you've done. You deserved better than a dog's death." she points out.

Ness was still thinking "I could put right what was once wrong? I would have the power to do that? All of that?" he asks, more to himself than to La-Mika. He slowly nods "Why not? I mean, if I can help those people I couldn't before, it would be worth it, wouldn't it?" he reaches out and grasps La-Mila's hand. The young woman pulls him in close and locks her lips to his!

Ness could feel an tremendous surge of raw power course through his body! La-Mika moves away, licking her lips "It's done. I gave you full access to your PK powers, including your PK Vortex as well as complete control over the Power of Magnus." she says "But it's seperate from your PK skills and needs to be envoked before use." she explains.

Ness' head was still spinning from that kiss "W-what can, I do with this power?" he asks.

La-Mika thinks for a moment "Think of the Power of Magnus as... a dumbed down version of the Infinity Gems with the range of an Earth sized planet. The more you use them, the stronger they'll get. But there's a catch, the wilder things you use them for, the longer it'll take for it to recharge. " she explains.

Ness nods slowly "I, think I understand..." he says just as slowly "Once envoked, how long does it last?" he asks.

La-Mika shrugs "I donno. As long as you need or want it to?" she says.

Ness wasn't Too thrilled with that answer, but whatever, trial and error "One last question, if I may. Why me? There are so many others out there just as worthy as I am of your attention and gifts. So why only me?" he asks.

La-Mika nods "That Is the question to ask, isn't. However, it's one you'll have to figure out in your own. Remember, you're not alone in this. You've never Been alone. You've touched so many lives and made so many friends, and now, you can visit them whenever you want." she points out "Start backwards and work your way forward. When the Power of Magnus is ready, I'll be back to show you how to use it." she promises "Now, wake up Ness. You're hurt and there are still people who need you." she says and Ness' chest starts hurt.

"Wake. Up!" she commands and the world suddenly flashes white!
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Respawning in 3... 2... 1... Empty Re: Respawning in 3... 2... 1...

Post by Namey Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:50 pm

Ness feels air fill his lungs as he takes a deep breath, which turns into a roar of pain as he sits up, clutching his chest, but he hurt all over.

His PK energies have replenished enough so he could heal his wounds, so he takes care of the life threatening ones first. Though, something didn't feel right...

The wound that hit his heart and ended his life was gone! The hole where the round hit was there, however...

Ness reaches into his shirt, where the killing round hit, and pulls out a fond Reminder of his past. There was a high velocity sniper round smack in the middle of the badge *Good ol' Federation, coming to the rescue one more time.* he thinks as he hauls himself up, now fully healed.

He looks around and was still on the battle field where he fell. His gaze wanders over to the explosives facility where his personal team had gone, and died, trying to stop the Hammers.

Ness feels rage start to bubble up in the pit of his stomach, but Forces himself to calm down *Calm down, man. You need to set this world straight first, before you go onto another one.* he thinks as lifts into the air, surrounded by a faint neon tint that threw off tiny neon sparks from time to time.

He takes off towards the nearest Allied base. People needed ton know what happened here and that his men didn't die in vain! He gets about a mile away, then lands, preferring to walk the rest of the way so he didn't have to answer any odd questions about Why he was flying.

He stops, seeing the camp was in ruins. The Hammers marched through here, pounding everything they came into contact with and this was starting to get to Ness. He needed to put an End to this.

He searches through the wreckage for supplies, food and water, a radio, Hell even a map! But he finds very little. No water, enough rations for a few days and a busted radio. He Did find a secret stash of whiskey that would have to do until he found water. As for the radio, if Ness could build a starship, he could fix a busted radio.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:59 pm

After some tinkering, Ness manages to get the raido fixed and didn't like what he was hearing. The Hammers were marching through everything and destroying anyone who stood against them.

Ness couldn't help but feel this was his fault "But why would you feel that you're the one at fault?" La-Mika asks, suddenly by his side.

Ness frowns a bit, more at the question "Because if I had done more, I could have prevented this." he says, looking at the radio.

La-Mika places a hand on his shoulder "How could you do anything better, over what you've already done? You were constantly running low on PK energy and had no really way to replenish it." she reminds him "But you do now. So why hold yourself back any longer? Why not cut loose and show those Hammers whom they've been dealing with all this time?" she asks.

Ness was silent, almost deadly silent, before noding "You know? Why not! I've been hiding what I could do for a good long time and it's made things that much harder." Ness points out as he puts a finger to his head to find the nearest Hammer outpost. It was close to where the weapons depot was!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:43 am

Ness found what he was looking for, it was about twenty or so miles away. That was fine. He changes out of his uniform and gets back into his usual outfit "It's time to raze some Hell." he says as he lifts into the air, slightly surrounded by a neon green tint that has slight neon sparks around him, then he takes off towards the weapons depot.

It doesn't take him long to get there, about five minuets or so, and when he does, he keeps in the air, wanting the Hammers to see whom they would be going against!

He picks up the personal trucks and throws them into the building. Alarms start going off as troops and tanks start to roll around and take aim!

"So, how do you plan on handling this situation?" La-Mika asks. She was floating next to Ness, but it seemed like no one could see her "Will you go wild and end the lives of everyone here?" she asks.

Ness holds out his hand "I'll deal with them the same way I always do when faced with a gun." he says as all the Hammer's guns take on a neon green tint, as do the tanks, and suddenly, they all fall apart, completely! As if someone pulled out all the screws, bolts and everything that held them together "Problem solved." he says.

The Hammers wouldn't be deterred, as they were pulling out their knives and readying up grenades. Ness suddenly lets lightning fly from his hands in a very impressive display of power "Dieses Lager gehört jetzt mir. Geh jetzt, solange ich es noch erlaube!" he booms! Or at least, to the men outside, that's what it sounded like.

That was enough for them, as most dropped their weapons and took off running and one even dropped to his knees to pray to his gods. Ness holds out his hands and slowly lowers them "Sleep..." he says as everyone within the confines of the weapons depot suddenly falls asleep.

It was only Then, did Ness land and take a breath "You know, sometimes, going all out is amusing." he says, but La-Mika was gone. She had seen what she wanted to. Ness could have Easily killed all the soldiers and workers, but instead, he chose to disarm and incapacitate them.

*And now, the slightly hard part comes along...* he thinks as he grabs one of the trucks he Didn't throw into the building, and gathers up all the sleeping people, some were citizens, likely plucked from their villages by the Hammers, and loads them into the truck.

Ness takes them about five miles away before returning to the factory "And now to make this place disappear." he says as he builds up power and lets a series of Massive PK Thunders fly, setting the whole area a blaze!

The fire could be seen for miles and the explosion was pretty noticeable as well *Now on to the next one.* he thinks. He wasn't at all tired or even fatigued, tired, or even winded. This was amazing! He now had all this power and could Really make a difference! But he also needed to be mindful of that power and not to abuse it.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:44 am

Ness' systematic destruction of every Hammer weapon depot hadn't gone unnoticed by both sides, and while the Allies were trying to get ahold of Ness, the Hammers were doing everything they could to stop him from taking away their ability to wage war.

That didn't stop Ness, however, and he Tore through the Hammer patrols and even the battalions, like they were girl scouts! Nothing, it seemed, could stop him. Though, he Was starting to get tired, as he was Constantly on the move from one area or location, to the other.

So Ness decided to take a day off to get his strength back "You know, there's a way to keep going seemingly forever..." La-Mika says to him. He wasn't surprised she was there. She had been popping in and out since he started this.

Ness looks over "May I ask what that is, or do I have to find out for myself?" he asks as he makes a fire.

La-Mika shakes her head "No, I'll tell you. But you have to figure out how to use it." she says, sticking her tongue out at Ness "You can simply draw a little psychic energy from those around to add to your own fuel tank. It doesn't hurt them and most don't even know you're doing it, unless they're also psychic." she explains.

Ness thinks for a bit "So, with this, I'll be able to keep going for as long as the supple can keep up with the demand, huh?' he asks, getting the basic idea, now if only he knew How to do this.

La-Mika walks over, placing a hand on Ness' arm. He can feel the warmth of her touch "Don't be in such a hurry for all the answers. They'll come in time and that's the one thing we both have in great supply." she says in a soft voice.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:39 am

Ness was starting to put the pieces together as he continued. But this was actually getting him nowhere fast, as the Hammer's seemed to have a near Endless supply of supplies. Ness Did find himself wondering where they were getting all these supplies.

So, he would have to go with a direct, full frontal assault on the Hammer's command base. He knew where it was, as it was mentioned frequently in the mission briefings. It's just that the Allies never had enough resources to attack it directly.

But Ness didn't Need those resources. He could just fly there and level the place and capture the guy in charge, who he was certain wasn't Hitler, who was still in prison.

But at the moment, Ness looks over to La-Mika, who was sitting there, staring into the fire "You're looking for someone to spend eternity with, aren't you?" he asks.

La-Mika doesn't look over to him "Figured me out." she says "As you know, living forever gets very lonely after a few hundred years. Always outliving everyone you love or even cared about." she mutters "Is it so wrong of me, to want someone who won't grow old and die after a few hundred years? Someone who enjoys traveling and adventures?" she asks, still staring into the fire.

Ness shakes his head "No. It isn't. It's Human nature to want to have company. Even I had to come to terms with the fact that I would outlive everyone I cared about and called friend. But in that understanding, I found a new appreciation for the friendships I made, even if they didn't last." he explains.

La-Mika nods slowly "My brain understands what you're saying and knows it's right, but my heart, it still yearns for company. Someone who would stay with me..." she looks over to Ness, finally "I would like that person to be you, Ness. But, you're not quite ready, that's why all of this." she says.

Ness thinks back to their conversations, how the Eye of Magnus was a dumbed down version of the Infinity Gems and how he isn't effected by time, how he has a bad case of wanderlust and love both adventures and helping people "I can see that..." he mumbles.

La-Mika goes back to looking into the fire "But, I can't make you want to join me. That's why I'm spending time with you, getting to know you and you to know me... I would like us to be friends." she says.

Ness knew better from her body language, which said she wanted to be More than 'Just Friends' and Ness was actually flattered. The most powerful being in the universe was trying to hook up with him, quite humbling "Let's take things one step at a time, shall we?" he asks, placing a hand on her shoulder with a smile.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:26 pm

Once more, Ness was at it. Taking down the Hammers and everything they had. Sooner or later, the big boss would have to come out and face Ness and when That happened, he would take that piece of trash down.

La-Mika was also by his side, offering advise on what to do, but not outright telling him what needs to be done. Though, she Did bring up a good point about him having the power to end this in one go. Ness knew she was talking about the Power of Magnus, but Ness still wasn't sure about using that. After all, the power to reshape an Entire world to one's own desire, that isn't a power anyone should take lightly.

Still, he would have to use it at one point in the future, especially if he planned to bring back Krypton and it's people. In fact, since his younger self left Before the planet exploded, his older self could go back there and hold the planet together and fix what's wrong with it. Maybe Then those hard heads would listen to reason.

Then there's Miku… that was his one of his greatest failures. If he had been more in tune with his telepathy and empathy, he would have picked up on her dark emotions and negative feeling and would have helped her. Still, helping her was an easy matter of reconstructing her body and giving it a jolt of energy to start the heart, then to call her soul back. That last one would be hard, but possible.

Finally, he would head back to Onett to put right everything that had gone wrong after he had left on this fantastic, never ending journey. Bring all his friends back to life and fix what was destroyed.

Then, he would be free from his past and could finally look forward to the future. He would visit his friends, Calvine and Cedrick, for a bit. He was looking forward to telling them all about this leg of his fantastic adventure. But first...

Ness lets out a Massive bolt of lightning towards another warehouse "PK THUNDER!!" he bellows. His attack sets the place ablaze, just like the others. Except, this one had bombs in it, so Ness needed to get the hell out of dodge, quick!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:45 am

Ness was getting both tired and frustrated. There seemed to be No end to the Hammer's supply of weapons. The more he destroyed, the more they seemed to have. It was almost like more than one country were supplying them...

"That's exactly what's happening." La-Mika says. She was sitting on the ruins of a troop truck, resting her chin in her palm, looking a little bored. Something Ness knew pretty well.

Ness thinks for a bit "So, if other countries are helping the Hammers, that would probably mean I would need to go to those countries and take out their weapons depots at well, wouldn't it?" he asks, then sighs "This, is gonna take a good long while..." he mumbles.

Mika jumps off the truck and walks over to Ness "Or, you could use the Power of Magnus to end this conflict sooner, rather then later, and save millions of lives in the time it would take you to fly to each country and do your thing." she points out.

Ness Knew she was right and with the Power of Magnus, he Could end this and save many, Many lives in the process, but he was still hesitant about using such an awesome force like that. What if he got out of control or his body couldn't handle it?

Mika touches his arm and a calm comes over him "Hey... don't worry. You'll be able to handle it just fine..." she whispers to him "Tell ya what, if you use the Power of Magnus to end this war, I'll give you the first one for free." she says with a wink.

Ness thinks about it some more *The power to reshape an Entire planet how I see fit... with basically no strings attached for the first use... how would I go about even Using this power?* he thinks.

La-Mika moves closer to him "however you want..." she purrs in his ear.

Ness was so caught up in his own thoughts that La-Mika's closeness startled him "Gah!" he says as he jumps away a few feet.

This gets Mika laughing "Come on, Ness. Don't be so serious. If you want something, use the Power of Magnus to make it so. For starters, how about bringing your friends and team back to life. Then make it so that the Allies have an overwhelming military advantage over the Hammers and finally, make the Hammers and their allies surrender." she lays out the game plan to Ness.

Ness still didn't like that this fantastic power came with basically no restrictions or drawbacks "I wouldn't say that. I'm giving this one to you for free, so when you use it next time, there will be those drawbacks you want..." she points out "Though, if I may ask, why Do you want there to be draw backs?" she asks.

Ness shakes his head with a shrug "Because... it would feel more Real, I guess you could say. Nothing in this multiverse is free or without some serious drawbacks and a power like this, I suspect it will have some pretty major drawbacks." he explains.

La-Mika nods slowly "I can see why you would think that. But that might not always be the case. After all, what are the drawbacks of your PK abilities?" she asks.

Ness frowns slightly "I had to lose my home, my friends, my family, and everyone and thing I ever cared about to get this power." he points out "Sometimes, I think that the price for these skills, powers, abilities, or whatever they are, was too much." he mumbles.

La-Mika places a hand on his arm again, but there was no soothing affect like before "Ness, we both know that, often, not everything is what it seems..." she says in a soft voice "Now, let's do this. Let's end this war and get going. There's a whole multiverse that Needs your help."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:55 am

Ness nods slowly "Okay, but I don't want the side effects to be softened. Not on my first go around. I want to know what it's like to completely experience this power." he says.

La-Mika nods slowly "If that's what you want. Though, I've also noticed that you do this with each new power/ability/skill you learn. You use it to it's fullest, so you know what you're dealing with." she says as she moves away "Just say it's name with gusto, and it should work..."

Ness nods slightly "Okay, here I go... POWER OF MAGNUS!! he yells and it happened all at once. The person known as Ness Burger, had completely changed into something else, as the power to shape all of reality it's self flowed through his body!

And oddly, he still felt the same. He looks down at his hands "I don't feel any different..." he looks over at La-Mika "Are you sure this is working?" he asks.

She nods "Yup. Now will something to happen. No matter what it is." she instructs "Your thoughts will become the power, which will become reality." she says.

Ness frowns "Okay... how about... my men coming back to life, alive and well?" he asks and Mika shrugs, not giving anything away "Huh... how about the Hammers losing the will to fight and just, giving up?" he asks.

Once more she shrugs "If that's what you want. Go for it. Remember, you can affect this world Anyway you want. You can make it a paradise or a Hell. You can even destroy it with an after thought if you wanted." she points out.

Something happened to Ness that hasn't happened in literally Centuries, he suddenly got a bit nervous. "Uh... okay than... how about... we stop this now..." he mumbles "How do I shut this off?" he asks, and just like that, the power he Knew was with him, was gone. Laying dormant until he summoned it once again.

La-Mike nods "I would say that went well for your first try. How do you feel?" she asks.

Ness shakes his head "I feel the same. Like nothing what so ever happened... are you Sure that I had uses the Power of Magnus at all?" he asks.

La-Mika holds out a radio to him "Call base. I think you'll find that something has happened in the war effort." she says, cryptically.

Ness frowns and takes the radio "Base, this is Ness Burger..." he starts, but was cut off by the radio going nuts! There were, from what he could make out, talks of the Hammers, all of them, suddenly giving up! As if they all lost the will to keep fighting. Sometimes right in the middle of a battle!

Ness looks over to La-Mika "So, I really did it. I ended this war Just by saying so..." he says in a low tone. This was a terrifying new power... he would need to be Really careful and Only use it when his own PK skills couldn't cut it.

La-Mika nods "Your will was turned into reality, because you Wanted it badly enough. Casual conversation won't trigger any changes, because the Power of Magnus relies on your will, not your voice. Which means, in addition to the Hammers giving up, all the men that died under your command are alive and well." she points out.

This was, indeed, good news to Ness. This meant he couldn't inadvertently do something bad while talking with Calvine or Cedrick...

"Even If you did, you could always undo it with another thought. The more you use this new power, the better you'll get at using it. Like any new power/ability/skill, it just takes practice." she says "So, do you want to leave now or would you like to stick around for a bit?" she asks.

Ness thinks for a bit "Well, if the war's over, my reason for being here has also come to an end..." he nods slowly "I believe... it might be time to leave here. Benson and his men can think whatever they want, as far as how they're still here." he mumbles.

La-Mika nods "Okay, so where are we going next?" she asks.

Ness smiles at her "Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answers to?" he asks "We're doing what you suggested and heading off to correct my past mistakes and short comings." he says.

Ness holds his hand out to find something, but hesitates "So... I can go Anywhere I want to now... no more random jumping?" he asks.

La-Mika nods again "Anywhere. Everywhere. It's all open to you know. All you have to do is think of where you want to go and open a PK Vortex." she explains.

Ness nods *That's good to know.* he thinks as he thinks about Miku and pulls something, which causes a PK Vortex to open with a clap of thunder "Ladies first." he says as La-Mika jumps through, followed by Ness, which causes his PK Vortex to close behind him.

((Ness is out and this thread is CLOSED!))
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum