Culture Shock

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Culture Shock Empty Culture Shock

Post by Namey Fri May 19, 2017 12:55 pm

It didn't take Mistie and her charges long to reach New Alus, which looked like one of the bigger cities on the Actual Alus. Mistie lands and takes a big breath of air "Ahhh...Do you both smell that?" she asks "There isn't the slightest hint of testosterone​ at all in the air. All Saiyans seem to have that particular hormone. Even the females." she says with some distain.

She looks over to her rookies "Just a quick heads up, each city has it's own form of currency and exchange rate. Little Vegeta is the cheapest, since they mainly use the barter system. Plus, yu can pick up simple items from each city. Like armor, weapons or battle items." she explains.

"However, there are certain items you can Only get in Toki-Toki city. like Z-Souls and stronger armor. plus, Toki-Toki city is the only place where you can find masters to train you" she says as she leads the two to the nearest dinner "If you both like, we can go some place else. she offers,
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Culture Shock Empty Re: Culture Shock

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 20, 2017 7:02 am

Both siblings were most convinced Mistie had bad experience with other Sayains despite being one herself far as they were aware of. It was just a reminder how different the Sayains were here to back at home. The city itself was impressive, it wasn't exactly what they were used despite being on Alus however.

"No. This is perfectly fine but thank you for considering me and my sister's feelings and being a gracious host. Me and my sister are royalty where we come from, so we're used to traveling new places and meeting new races. We actually enjoy it." Ruvan looked around a bit, curious of a few things of what was the same and what was different.

"Alusarians aren't new to us but point stands. It is however, quite different in some ways then what we see back at home which is to be expected. Some of the structures vaguely remind of Crystal Tokyo back in my home dimension oddly enough." Karine said as she followed. "Is this your first time meeting me and brother's kind?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun May 21, 2017 1:19 pm

Mistie frowns at the mention of Crystal Tokyo,but it didn't last long "I've heard you mention Alusarians and Saiyans before. If you don't mind me asking, how are they in your dimension?" she asks, back to her old self again.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun May 21, 2017 6:31 pm

Karine decided not to bring up anything related to Crystal Tokyo in front of Mistie after the frown just in case. She wasn't sure what the story was or why but she had enough manners not to draw up a subject that may be sensitive. While the last question was ignored, it wasn't important. It could have also been the other bit had distracted her from last comment. More she was just curious and she wanted to make a good impression if it Was Mistie's first time meeting some of her noble people.

"Alusarians are about the same as you described them. Sayains, on the other hand have mellowed out a great deal to how they used to be which is what you're more familar with. They're still a warrior race and such of course, but they just use that more constructively. Just think good but rough around the edges still at times people and that's a basic idea."
Ruvan explained.

"There is one thing I'm slightly confused on.
" Karine interjected. "The Sayains here and the ones at home are night and day culture wise besides both still liking to fight. If on average they are normally this disagreeable as you make out, then why do they have the privilege of being in this realm? I would assume of course the more hard headed people in general wouldn't be Time Patrolers, but that wouldn't explain the large area dedicated to them who act like that. The only thing I could of think of is political."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun May 28, 2017 12:45 pm

Mistie nods slowly at the description of the Saiyans from Karine's dimension. Though, she Had to wonder why a normally hostel race like Saiyans were mellow an a mellow race like the Alusarians Weren't hostel in this other dimension. She just found it odd.

"It"s because Saiyans have the potential to become some of the Strongest patrol members the Time Patrol have ever seen." she says "Though, the race that has the potential become The strongest race, in my opinion, are the Mystics, but you won't find any here." she says, thinking of her master.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun May 28, 2017 8:52 pm

Ruvan had never heard of the Mystic race, though personally he didn't think Sayains were the end be all. There were other races just as strong or stronger, he had seen it himself. Either way as the saying went there was always something stronger.

"I personally think its not always who has the best genetics but that's just me. As for Mystics, I never heard of them. Are they that rare is the reason you won't find any?" Karine asked.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun May 28, 2017 10:57 pm

If genetics weren't tat great, where did that leave her? She had the best of Three races. Alusarian, Saiyan, and Human. Though, if one Really wanted to touch a sensitive subject with her, they just needed to mention time echos.

Mistie thinks how best to answer the question "Well, yes and no. Mystics are plentiful, but only in their own dimension, which almost no one can get to. Not even the Time Patrol." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 29, 2017 10:17 pm

"Hm. I suppose they might become a thing if they begin traveling outside of it often enough." Ruvan said more to himself thinking.

"If you're wondering, there are a list of reasons our Sayains turned out as they did, one mainly." Karine began. "You see, as strange it may sound it has to do with their religion and its founding figure. It'll make more sense as I explain. You see, the story goes there is something called a 'Sayain God' which can only be achieved via special conditions which no one knows but its said you have to have a good heart for it. Supposedly."

"Anyway, the individual who achieved this power name was Ceriac and they only learned how to achieve it via the the God of Destruction Kagha who was bored and wanted a fight. They weren't impressed, but they were curious of the set of options this could lead to. So they decided they would come back in a thousand years to see the progress if they liked what they saw."

"So Ceriac began leading along with eventually their descendants, if nothing else they respect power and to get to that kind of power they had to change how they thought. It faded over time and a religion began to form around it which they take Very seriously."

"Me and my sister are of the opinion they're completely false but they're interesting. Not that we'd tell any of our Sayain friends from our world that. Then again we didn't know Kai's were real until now so who's to say." Ruvan waved his hand. "It seems Sayains just need a strong enough leaders in succession or long enough to help things along. Or just left alone long enough. Wonder if anyone is like that in the main time line."

Two young women likely sneezed in a dimension far away but he was obilivious to this fact as they came to their destination. "Ah. It seems we;re here. We won't over do it."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed May 31, 2017 2:23 pm

Mistie frown slightly "okay, i wasn't really wondering that..." she mumbles "As for people like that in the main timeline, first, what kind of person are you talking about? And second, it's important to realize that All timelines are the correct timelines." she says.

"Each timeline is a branch from a certain decision that's been made and from that, they form their own universe and so on. So in reality, all timelines are the right ones, it's when outside forces intrude into those timelines and start to make things go sideways, is when we come into the mix." she explains.

"The only thing we need to look out for, are time echos and time scars." she says "Time scars happen when we fix a major event in time and while the timeline is back on track, the damage is done. Also, we can't change events that We, personally, have participated in." she points out "Doing so could have disastrous results."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed May 31, 2017 5:01 pm

"Apologies, I got ahead of myself." Karine said.

"I simply meant who ever the current leader of the Sayain people pushing them in a better direction. As for your explanation, it makes sense." Ruvan clarified.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:21 pm

Mistie nods slowly "Yeah, maybe. Queen Teala is a decent monarch​, but our Saiyans aren't like your Saiyans, i that they aren't mellow in any sense of the word and they Only respect strength. The fact that almost All Saiyans aren't over 1,500 in terms of powerlevel, makes most anyone from off world able to bully the Saiyans around, since fighting like we do seems common place on every world save for Earth." she mumbles the last part "So, wat would you both like to eat? Remember, it's on me, so go nuts." she says wit a smile, changing the subject.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:39 am

If she insisted, the two would go with this for now but resolved to pay them back eventually later. The food was different from the Alus they knew but there was enough overlap they could find what they had wanted.

"Just curious, have you met this Enforcer I've heard about?"
Ruvan asked the young woman.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:12 pm

Misti blinks in surprise at he change of conversation "Huh? You mean Wendy? Of course I've met her. She's usually the one who greets the new recruits." she says. She Didn't tell them that Wendy was also her Master, because it wasn't really important at the moment "She's just been Really busy with something in the Time Nest." she says. She Also didn't tell them about the Time Breakers. Not many knew of them yet.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:07 pm

"Understandbale. Perhaps we'll meet them another time. But what is the Time Nest? I know it holds scrolls, but do you know who made it?"" Karine asked.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:12 pm

Mistie shakes her head "Nope. It's been here since forever. I think the Supreme Kai of Time before the current one made the Time Nest." she says with a shrug. She didn't know about her new friends, but she was Saiyan hungry and summoned the waitress over to order.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:06 pm

Karine was curious, was there anything before all this if the previous Kai had made the Time Nest? It was interesting but ultimately just a circular cycle that didn't go anywhere that normal people could understand.

"I would like just an Elacia sandwhich please and just water." Karine said politely to the waitress.

"I'll have the same." Ruvan wasn't too hungry, at least not by their Sayain friends standards.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:04 pm

And Saiyan standards were what Mistie ordered her food by. Ordering everyone on one side of the menu in Triple portions. It took a bit for her food to get there, so in the mean time "So, after this, where would you two like to go?" she asks "Oh! I should probably show you to your new home after this."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:19 pm

"I can't think of any other to go on the top of my head, but I would like to see our current living quarters." Karine didn't comment about the overwhelming amount of food, she had been around enough Sayains to know how that went.

"I agree." Despite how they grew up, neither were exactly picky of where they ended up. Part of their 'training' had been living in harder conditions so they could relate to others less well off then them.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:54 pm

Mistie nods as she stuffs her face "Jush sho you know, the firsht month ish free to all new Patrol membersh..." she says, her mouth full. She takes a Mighty swallow and washes it all down with something "They're also pretty small. But you Can buy your own house once you have enough zenny." she points out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:59 pm

Karine was appalled by Mistie's atrocious table manners and took every ounce of self control not to try to correct her. It was something she had to deal with frequently enough even when dealing with many of the Sayains back at home. "As long as it has the basics that'll suffice for now until we get out bearings. You have an house?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:56 pm

Mistie took note at Karine's reaction to how she ate, though, Mistie didn't know what Karine expected, as far as Saiyan table manners went, since Mistie had more Saiyan in her than Alusarian or Human. Still, it wasn't her problem.

She nods "Yeah, they have all you need, except for a bathroom. And yes, I have my own place. I bought it some time ago." she says "Once you get up in the mission rankings, you'll start earning more Zenny and once you have enough, you can either rent a place or buy it outright." she explains.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:30 pm

Ruvan paused just a bit at the first part. "You said they have everything you need except for a barthroom. Do you mean literally or its so small its a hole in the wall?" That meant they would have to use public bathrooms which while annoying wasn't the end of the world.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:03 pm

Mistie polishes off her food in the typical Saiyan fashion "They don't have a bathroom of any kind. You have to use the one at the end of the hall.It's a, uh, private, public bathroom. Meaning it's open to the general residents of the building, but it's got a lock on it." she points out.

She looks at the two "Are you both finished? Do you want to order something else?" she asks. At times, she sometimes forgets that not everyone eats like she does.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:45 am

Ruvan shook his head. "I'm full for now so when you're ready I am. You Karine?"

"I am as well. Thank you for paying for for our meal. We may be done but don't rush on our account." Karine knew Sayains could eat a lot so she may want to continue for a bit.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:17 pm

Mistie was finished an asked for the check. They really shouldn't spend Too much time sightseeing, after all, Mistie still needed to show them were to get their gear, their medical capsules, and were to sign up for some missions.

She pays the bill and stands "Okay, are we all set to get going? I still have some job related places to show you both." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum