The Rotten Urban Jungle

2 posters

Go down

The Rotten Urban Jungle Empty The Rotten Urban Jungle

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:59 pm

(Should be obvious, but first part is just a flash back)

Andrien had been content to simply die. It wouldn't be as if anyone would miss him, nor did he really have anything to really tie him to this world. All he had was borrowed time anyway, living under the skin and face of someone he hated. Everytime he'd look in a mirror would be a reminder of that one simple fact he couldn't escape from.

With all that said, there had to be something driving him to continue and allow him to escape in the first place. It was probably just the primal basic urge of self preservation that existed even in the most basic of insects and creatures. Even if that was the case, he supposed he could see how his train wreck of a life would end up naturally.

Space Station Omicron is where he had ended up, in particular pretty much the slums section. Its where all the downtrodden, shady and those who didn't belong anywhere else or just unfortunately had bouts of bad luck.

Really he'd fit right in. Less questions that way too.

There was chatter going on and about, people trying to sell things and gambling. One other useful thing was there was information to be had here of all places, if you knew where to look. Not that Andrien particularly cared; he thankfully had all the basic things put in his brain even before he was technically born. At least, all the things he'd need to know to get around.

“-Hey I heard Bojack and his gang got whacked years ago on earth.”

“By who?”

“Some half human Alusarian.”

“Now you're full of shit. A half human couldn't get that strong. Next you'll tell me you believe the stories of earth having the strongest in the universe.”

“I'm just saying what I heard man.”

An universal irony was the unknown person they talked about if not for a certain King of Vegeta, would hands down by the strongest person with Alusarian blood if they were still around. Not that anyone would know that.

The conversation was meaningless to Adrien so he treked on, not having any particular destination, he'd probably have to figure out where he was going to get food soon. His rations were getting low, as shitty as they were they did serve the purpose of his stomach not eating itself from the inside which was kind of nice to have.

Maybe he could see about getting a semi stable source of income, there had to be some type of work he could do even without a ID or anything along those lines.

There was some shouting in the distance and while he'd normally ignore it, some part of him urged him to see what it was. It wasn't his business or concern, but he supposed just spying a glance at that all the noise was about wouldn't hurt.

In the center were three men, one of them looked like the same race as the infamous Dodoria which did them no favors. From what he could see, the ruckus seemed to be focused around a little girl, they had green skin, worn dirty shirt and pants with orange hair. Definitely a Kozian. He could recall that much.

Andrien didn't like to seeing little kids being messed with, let alone the fact they were being needlessly  messed with something they were born with. They were curled into a ball as the others hurled insults, many he didn't understand but it was easy to say it had to do with her skin and race. Considering the Dodoria look alike looked as if they had lost a bet with the Gods twice and then ran over by a cruiser, them saying anything was too funny.

Wordlessly, he crossed the distance delivering a punch towards the man dumb enough to begin pulling the child by their hair. They were knocked out cold instantly, a tooth coming out as they sailed clear across the other side.

“Hi there.” Andrien said pleasantly. “I hope this wasn't a bad time for me to introduce myself.”

At first the others tensed, then slowly backed away. “No way. I'm not fighting an Alusarian.” The other began to back away too and soon they were in a full retreat.

Andrien snorted, not considering the cowardly group even worth chasing after. He turned to see the child just watching them with a hard to read expression. “Its really dangerous around these parts, kid. You should go home to your folks.”

Her clothes were absolute mess, she obviously didn't have anything else to wear. Even their shoes had been well worn but they thankfully were still in place.

“I don't have any..”

Mentally Andrien sighed, he should of figured as much. It wouldn't be a good idea for them to hang out too long as he was going to be out the door in a couple of years at the most.

That being said, he could make himself useful while he was here. “If you want, you could tag along with me for now I guess. Name's Adrien, you got a name?”

The Kozian girl watched them wearily but didn't move from her spot. “Kendra.” It was the only thing she said.

“We'll, if you're coming make up your mind. I can't force you to come.” Andrien shoved his hands into his pockets and began walking though he did pause a bit. Kendra seemed to mentally debated with herself before following after the man in tow.

Visellia was in a good mood as she looked over her various paper work in her office of her temporary clinic. She had a few set up in various places to make it easier for when she was doing business and helping people. She wasn't commonly here but she was there frequently enough it warranted having her own privately owned clinic.

She was what would call the 'middle class' area. Not overly rich or poor as far as people living there was concerned.

There was a knock on the door. “You have customers.”

The Accordian put her paper work away as she dusted herself off and headed out the door to spot two people, a young man and a little girl she was more then positive was a Kozian. They seemed a unhealthy shade skin tone wise making her almost frown. She had an idea what it was without even being nearby to check.

“I'm Visellia Amor, welcome to our clinic. What can I help you with today?” She asked pleasantly.

“Andrien Reaver—and the the girl is named Kendra. It's just a check up.”
The man revealed themselves as Andrien seemed a bit weary of being there as did the girl.

She wasn't entirely sure why, but her experience told her they didn't like places like these or maybe more specifically the doctors. That made her a bit sad, it a place like this was for helping and shouldn't be associated with bad memories.

“I'm be more then happy to help. Follow me please, if you would.” Visellia motioned for the two to follow them into a back room. Inside were various medical equipment and a table. “Kendra would it be all right if you sat down by there. I just want to check on you but only with your and your father's permission okay?”

Andrien shook his head. “She isn't my daughter but I am taking care of them.”

Sparing a glance at them, Kendra decided to get on and sat down. Visellia's smile widened. “Good girl. Now if you can do me a small favor and just hold still.”

Kendra thankfully did hold still as Visellia used her scanner to make a through check up on her.  Kendra seemed to be curious of the woman's horns and unique features, she had never seen anything like that before. “Were you born with those?”

“Yep! It's part of my race, Accordian. I think I'm the only one here though. I really like them . Some make fun of it, but I think they're jealous. Just like people with your green skin, right?”
Visellia smiled at them and Kendra looked down and away.

“I don't like my skin.”

“It doesn't matter what others think. Andrien doesn't have problems with it, right? And neither do I and others who might become your friend. Open your mouth real quick for me sweetie.” Kendra wasn't as tensed as before and seemed to relax the more they talked, she opted to open her mouth without much complaint before Visellia put a strange metal stick in her mouth. “It's strange, but its important.”

Before too long, she removed the object, frowning slightly before going to wash it off in a sink. “How long have you known them Mr. Reaver?”

“Two months give or take. Just Andrien is fine, Mr sounds too stuffy.” Andrien replied easily.

Visellia didn't respond right away, seemingly checking a few things before she turned around. “There is some good news. It's nothing too serious, but Kendra you need to stay away from eating Zime. I'll give you two some medicine for Kendra to take. It's not good for Kozians and that's why you're feeling sick. It does change the skin tone though when enough of it gets in your system..is that why you've been taking it?”

Kendra's lack of response spoke more then anything she could of said.

“I didn't know that..” Andrien mumbled. “She didn't get sick until later. Kendra there isn't anything wrong with your skin, all right? So I won't be getting you anymore of this Zime either now that I know that is what is making you sick.” He knew Kendra had issues and baggage but he wondered what all she had been through to make her not like her own shell.

He wasn't good at all this touchy, feely stuff but he did need to talk to Kendra about that alone.

“All right.” Kendra's response was the most Visellia could hope for she supposed.

“How much is this going to cost me?” Andrien said bluntly, to the point.

“Nothing. It wasn't anything major that had to be done and I'm glad to help.” Visellia said.

“Nothing? You sure about that?”
Was the clone's confused response.  He didn't like loosed debts hanging over his head and no one just helped people like that, right?

“We'll, there is one thing if its all right with Kendra maybe you two can visit when you get the chance? That way I can see Kendra's smiles for me. That could be my repayment.” The girl in question did smile, but stopped herself the best she could. “Ah-hah! So you can smile.”

Kendra shook her head again. No she wasn't smiling, her mouth twitched.

Andrien snorted a bit, amused. “That was corny.”

“But it worked, so there.” Visellia responded crossing her arms, as if it was final turning her violet eyes towards the two. “Its really slow today, you two want anything to drink or eat?”

Andrien shook his head. “I'll pass on the food but I could drink something.”

After they finished, Andrien had left along with Kendra. He wasn't sure if he felt comfortable for Visellia to offer her services for free but she really meant it.

More importantly, focusing on matters at hand he needed to get his money together to leave this place. Kendra had become more attached to him then he would have liked but there was no helping it since whether he admitted it or not, he was no better.. All he knew was he needed to get Kendra to a family that would care for her before he left this world, and would be there for her.

Over time that idea became less, and less appealing but it would be selfish to keep her with him when he was going on very limited time. He knew it was also in part, much as he hated to admit it, he didn't feel as lonely anymore. Ironically, while that was true, he tried to keep people at a emotional distance because of his past and condition.

It wasn't working as much as he liked if this kid had wormed her way through though.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

The Rotten Urban Jungle Empty Re: The Rotten Urban Jungle

Post by Namey Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:55 pm

The Great Descent pulls up to the space docks and for the hundredth time, Arlin tells herself that they needed supplies. The Slavers took all their supplies and even some of their equipment. Among them was their ship’s doctor, which was a hologram. A very lifelike one that could hold objects an everything. The ship was set up so he could move freely through it and the Slavers thought it was a rather valuable piece of equipment, so they ripped it out.

Of course they got the doctor’s systems back, but no one onboard knows the slightest thing about reinstalling him. Not even their chief science officer and he’s from an advanced world that makes Hyrule look primitive.

Arlin looks at the away members ”Okay, we’ll break into four groups of four and get the items on each of your lists. Keep in contact and if you need help, call the ship, not the locals.” she orders. Most of her crew were Hylians with some Gerudo, Zora and even some Goron mixed in.

As she watches her crew members head off to their assigined tasks, she sighs. How could a culture that has such a Huge racial divercity be so xenophobic of those from outside of their own world? That was a fact Arlin could never quite wrap her head around.

She was thinking about heading onto the massive space station and checking out the local lie. But the security officer strongly advised against it and since they were tasked with the safety of the ship and those on it, she would respect their decision. Still, she didn’t like staying behind while her people were in unknown and possibly hostile territory.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:55 pm

Andrien found it strange someone wanted to help without wanting any kind of payment still. Though was him helping Kendra any different back then? He didn't fancy himself playing hero or anything but picking on little kids was a special kind of low for him.

If there was small thing he Was grateful from getting from his genetic donor was he apparently got their cunning which helped with surviving with almost nothing. He could take that and have everything else back though.

Kendra seemed to shy around and to the back of him a bit when a group went by. At first he thought they were Eldarians but their energy wasn't the same and there was some differences, they also had some people of races he didn't know the name of.

Probably just a traveling group..

Since he had no I.D. or anything, if he wanted to get Kendra off this death trap he'd have to go somewhere where they asked no questions or didn't care. Considering that usually consisted of shady stuff he'd rather not risk that with Kendra.

What a bother. Living and looking after someone was definitely harder then just yourself.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:41 pm

Glacian decided to head onto the space station and check things out. Although he didn't trust Humans as far as he could throw them, the inhabitants of the space station weren't Human. The only Human within light years, was Arlin and she wasn't even Human, she was an off evolution of Human called Zoanthrope.

Still, Earthlings in general were pretty much the same as far as he was concerned. They were all dangerous to anyone or thing that was different from them, which was odd considering how many non Humans were on that flooded planet.

But here, here there were no Earthlings, no dirt or salt water. Here was just technology and the people who kept it running. This space station was quite amazing. The sheer size of it must have taken hundreds or years to complete. He would have liked to have met the builders. The scientist in him was truly impressed.

He knew how this space station was set up an he was confident that as long as they stayed away from the lower areas, the captain should be safe. She was going stir crazy, as she had said, and she Needed to get off the ship or she felt she as going to hurt someone.

He also recalled his mission, he needed to find either away to repair their doctor or find a replacement. Because even though he knew enough about biology to be a decent ships doctor if need be, he did Not want to make a habit out of playing saw bones to these people.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:37 am

Visellia was in the middle of some more tedious paper work, when asked why she didn't just use a data pad(which she did) in some cases she just liked the old fashion way. It had been a slow day today but the highlight had been that adorable Kozian little girl and her handsome guardian. Rough around the edges at times, but she could tell he wasn't the bad sort.

More worrying she knew something was very wrong with them, but she wasn't sure what. She was, however, determined to help them in some way but she needed to get a bit more of their trust but she suspected helping Kendra had went a long way.

Speaking of..perfect excuse.

Andrien had left something behind, so it was a excuse to locate and talk to them, hopefully get them thinking about letting them help him. Of course finding both of them might be an issue.

She told her few staff she'd be out and left.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:34 pm

Glacian walks into Visellia's clinic and looks around until he spots someone. He walks over, seemingly glaring at them "I'm looking for the resident doctor of this establishment. I was told that she's a 'free agent' as it was put to me and I would like to see about hiring her for a long time job." he says in a direct fashion.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:22 am

The attendant who was a young woman didn't much care for the man's tone, but business was business. "Give me one moment to contact them sir." She went into the back briefly, obviously to use something to call them with before coming back to the front desk. "They'll be here shortly."

True enough, it wasn't that long since Visellia didn't get a chance to go that far. "I heard you wanted to talk to me, how may I help you today?" She hadn't found Andrien but she could look for them later.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:25 am

Glacian nods to the woman "Yes. I've done some checking and it seems that you are the only commercially available doctor with an open license to freely practice outside this station and I noticed from your public file that you travel a lot, which makes your knowledge in xenobiology something that could be very useful to me and my crew." he says, clearly having done his homework.

"To that end, on behalf of my Captain, I would like to hire you to be our new ship's doctor." he states "You don't have to decide now..." he sets a data crystal on the receptionest desk "This is my Captain's contact information. We'll be in dock for the next few days to resupply." he says.

"Feel free to contact her with any additional questions you may have. In fact, I highly suggest it. The more you know about our mission and any possible surprises, the better it will be to help you make your decision."he says with a nod to both ladies, then heads on out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:26 pm

Visellia looked over the data crystal, thinking over the offer. She needed more information before she made up her mind; though the fact she got a few days helped a bit. With that in mind, he tried to get into contact with this captain, maybe set something up where she could meet.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:47 am

The com beeps a few times, then the image of a Young Woman blinks on screen "This is Ensign Ichikawa of the Great Descent, what can I do for you today?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:05 pm

The young woman cleared her throat before smiling. "Afternoon. My name is Visellia and I was told you were looking for a doctor by one of those aboard. I was hoping to get a bit more information of what I'd be getting into if I agreed."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:33 pm

(Think its been around the two week mark so my chars are out. Besides, gives more room for other stuff)
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum