Vaugan

2 posters

Go down

Vaugan Empty Vaugan

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:58 am

Vehicle Name: Vaguan
Power Systems: Keispar Core:. In theory the energy is both finite and infinite; finite in the sense it can only use so much and needs to recharge. It’s infinite in the sense it will always recharge and grow with the user. Over use of its weapons will cause a ‘cool’ down time before use again to their fullest.
Defensive Systems:

Alestum Armor: It’s the armor that’s very thick and highly resistant to common energy attacks and can take hits from higher yield explosive attacks before faltering. It was designed specifically with the Vaguan in mind.

Shield: The Vagauan has a active shield that protects it from damage. When brought down it takes up to thirty minutes to a hour before it comes back on. Unlike a traditional shield, rather then just protecting from ‘direct’ damage it protects against indirect, exotic ones as long as the shield is active. At its current full power it can take ten percent of a modern nuke.

Crew: 1, but it can carry three more far as passengers go.

Multi Spectrum System. Heads Up Display and communications. Life support system.

Teleport Drive: It could be confused with a Warp Drive in terms of getting to places but a added twist to this one is its ability to go back to any place its been too previously. Barring that, if it has coordinates to a place or realm it can go there.

Flight System: It’s capable of flight, via subtle energy manipulation.

Cargo Hold: N/A.

Many of the weapons are basically ones that a humanoid would use but made bigger in size to match, they can be summoned or discharged via sub space.

Weapon Systems: Ion Cannon, a powerful electrified beam of energy fired from the mech’s chest as seen from the picture.

Maximum Effective Range: In atmosphere a max range of ten miles, in space about 60 miles. Fully charged has twice the blast radius of a football stadium.

Rate Of Fire: One shot per five minutes

Payload: Effectively unlimited but needs time between shots.

Maximum Effective Range: Twenty feet

Rate Of Fire: N/A

Payload: As long as the Vaugan is operational and has energy, it can use this to some degree.
_________
Weapon Systems: J-12 Multi Purpose Rifle: A battle rifle that has a semi automatic mode and a ‘sniper’ option. Both have different ranges. Both have high armor piercing power and are energy based.

Maximum Effective Range: 50 meters(semi automatic) 140 meters in sniper mode.

Rate Of Fire: In semi automatic mode its 100 rounds per minute. In sniper mode its one shot every thirty seconds.

Payload: Effectively unlimited

Weapon Systems: Scatter Shot Energy Missiles. Small-sized but high yield missiles that have limited homing capability.

Maximum Effective Range: 120 meters. Twice the range in space.

Rate Of Fire: Six volley shots per thirty seconds.

Payload: Effectively unlimited, but needs to recharge after use.

History: The Vaguan was created by the deceased by wildly respected technological genius Raymond Lacan. Instead of trying to fight Kaiju by matching their sizes, he instead decided to make them a more reasonable size and concentrate on their power, speed and durability compacted into a small size with the ability to grow stronger to keep up with the Reblos instead of having a obsolete model every other few years.

In its powered down weakened state, its rather bare bones and is missing key abilities but is still a force to be reckoned with. As per his father’s words, the Vaguan is only to be used when absolutely needed and instead rely on his own power once leaving his native dimension.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Vaugan Empty Re: Vaugan

Post by Namey Fri May 01, 2015 10:02 pm

Okay, after talking a few things over with Souless, I thought it best to toss out my two cents about some things.

First of all, I think the Ion Cannon's range could be lowered a bit. As it is, it won't do much to help as far as hitting it's target. Also, it's energy and should probably have the same range regardless of being on a planet or in space. Water is the only thing that diminish it's range.

Secondly, the range on his rifle could probably stand to be increased. Like half a mile for semi auto and a mile for sniper mode. Also, the cool down time on the sniper shots is a bit long. Maybe fifteen seconds?

Thirdly, Lee and Dino have an embargo on Subspace and have rendered it useless to anyone on the True who doesn't have a U.S.S.R. membership. This limit applies to good guys as well as bad guys. So if anyone does anything naughty, they can lock or expel the items if need be.

Fourthly, According to everything I've read, Ion energy doesn't effect living things all that much. It's mainly another form of EMP and works largely on electrically powered devices.

And Lastly, and this is completely optional on your part (actually, everything stated is optional on your part), but could you go into a bit more detail about his Keispar Core (more specifically the growing with the user) and his Teleport Drive (mainly the realm jumping) work? Just to satisfy my inner nerd.

That was all the concerns that I had seen with the Vaugan. These concerns are, of course, just my two cents.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 02, 2015 7:58 am

The range seems a bit short, so guess it can be increased and the rate of fire for sniper mode as well. If Ion energy can't effect living things, then its useless for its purpose it was made for. It could just be changed to generic plasma energy I guess. The reason for the range increase was taking note space ships seem to have a farther range in space.

The core you don't have to worry about, it doesn't do anything special anymore besides power the machine so the growth part is nothing more then fluff. But basically it was a way for it to get stronger, otherwise Reblos would just make it obsolete before too long and they've have to make yet another one to catch up.

Teleport drive simply borrows from nature, or in other words it simulates the effects some races/beings have with portals or teleportation of their own.

The last part about subspace kinda puts me up a creek, it wouldn't be practical to be able to lug all its weapons around. Not sure what to do about it.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat May 02, 2015 8:12 pm

The reason why the range is lessened on the Great Descent, is because the energy weapons are firing through the atmosphere not on the planet it's self and the nova bombs and plasma torpedos have mass to them.

The teleport drive makes a little more sense now, though a bit unpractical, in my opinion, for a mech. The part about subspace only means he'll just need to get a membership with Lee and Dino's U.S.S.R. system, then he can store his weapons and mech.

The only part I, personally, have a problem with is the mech getting stronger. Does it have a cap to it's strength or will it keep getting stronger and stronger until nothing can stand against it?
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat May 02, 2015 8:53 pm

It doesn't grow stronger, at all anymore. Like I said its just background information. When it was powered down, it lost that ability among others and I don't plan on bringing it back.

Is there something else I can do besides subspace since I don't have to pray to the gods Isaac runs into Lee and Dino's to use any of his stuff? Like maybe just something that works a bit like capsules?
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat May 02, 2015 9:09 pm

Um, Isaac doesn't need to pray to any Gods to use the U.S.S.R. system. They have a website and even advertise it. It's publically available. All one needs to do is call or jump online to get a membership to it and they get ten tags for whatever they need them for and can order more if needed. They even get a complimentary data pad that tells how to use the U.S.S.R.

The only limitation so far is that living things can't be placed in subspace storage. However, if you would like to use capsules from The Capsule Corporation, that's fine. I just never heard of them containing anything as big as a mech (though I haven't seen the original Dragon Ball either).

Lastly, Ah! I understand now. I feel all kinds of derpy now. So, just let me know what you would like to do about his storage issue and we'll move this along.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon May 04, 2015 10:56 am

Maybe instead of subspace, it just transfers the object to a registered location. For example, a place like garage for a car; when you summon it comes to you but when you dismiss it goes back to where ever you set it at.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon May 04, 2015 12:23 pm

Interesting. Kinda like the Power Rangers and their Zords or Voltron and their Lions. That'll work, but if you change your mind about using the U.S.S.R., just have Isaac call or go online for a membership. Approved.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum