Path's Not Taken

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Path's Not Taken Empty Path's Not Taken

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:19 pm

After Espen and the others arrived at his large mansion out in the country, everyone was able to settle down a bit and get their bearings. They would be here for a short time until they got word from Alister that Vira and her family could go to his home world. In the mean time, they would lay low a bit here. There wasn't much out here, there Was a small town a few miles out but other then that it was just them here.

Kylie had went to sleep and Nikki went into the same room as her. Vira however wasn't ready to go to sleep, not to mention it was day time. Hiromi was in the rather large backyward watching the man-made waterfall as she was lost in her own thoughts.

She wondered a bit about not only her future, but her race's future. Even back when she was younger in older days, Dog Demons hadn't been common and now they were even less so. However, they had counter balanced it with the sheer terrifing power oneof their kind possessed. The power that could destroy mountain ranges, or destroy hundreds to thousands of lesser demons in a single attack.

The power that had been lost.

No one was sure what or how, but new generation of Dog Demons weren't nearly as powerful as the one's of old. The only ones who had power somewhat like that was Lord Sesshomaru and the old guard, but even many of they were a shadow of their former selves. Hiromi wasn't sure why, but she had guessed there was something behind it. There had to be but in the end it didn't matter.

Power comes from a need, not a want.

It was something her teacher had told her, and she supposed that was correct. There wasn't a need for power like that any longer for some time, so it went away one way or another. As for her race, they were even more rare these days, a single clan and some scattered inviduals here and there was all that was left of the once great race.

Hiromi supposed their time here, was over. Perhaps it would be a good idea to find some other realm that didn't have much to it to start over and have their population back up one day. It was something to talk to Espen and Alister about later.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

Hiromi heard Vira before she approached, but turned around. "Something like that. How are you settling in?"

"I'm doing all right. Just things on my mind." Vira walked a bit closer to look around.

The Dog Demon turned to her. "Tell me something. What do you know about fighting?"

"Not too much." Vira admitted with a shrug.

Hiromi nodded and went on. "Hm, it seems we'll have to build from the ground up. We'll start tomorrow but one of the first things I'd like to talk about is limits and catergory. Every race has different limits and in most cases a wall. The 'limit' I refer to is the natural ability they can grow stronger under their own strength. For example a 'peak' human would be the strongest a normal human could ever become naturally under their own power. Keep in mind even within the same race, certain people may grow stronger then average or more. Prodigy more or less."

"I see. That makes sense, but a person would be limited by their own life span as well, correct?
" Vira pointed out.

"Exactly." Hiromi nodded. "Even if a race has limitless potential, if they're mortal, there would be only so much power even a prodigy and very exceptional members of their race could realistically obtain within their life times. That would effect by their wall. I've seen what some of these very strong members of your race can do. If you put your mind to it and keep at it, you'll be something else one day."

Vira was silent for a moment, then she spoke. "What catergories are you talking about you mentioned?"

"Ah.." Hiromi trailed off. "To be to the point, its something of a quick way for a general level of power. A scale, if you will. For example, catergory one is basically normal humans to those with minor powers. Two would be various supernaturals and superhumans of different levels of strengths, ranging from destroying a car, to a city. Three are beings capable of destroying things from planets to stars. Five Galaxies and so forth, or if not outright destructive power control. In that case you'd be speaking of Gods, and god-like beings."

That made Vira uneasy. "You're..serious? There's actually beings that powerful?"

The older woman grinned, as if she heard something amusing. "There is and more. I've been around for a long time Vira, though not as much as others. Tell me, have you heard of the Multiverse theory?"

Vira nodded. "I have. The idea of a universe and other related dimensions correct?"

"A basic idea, yes. But what if I told you there was more?" Hiromi continued even as Vira appeared a bit unsure. "Our Multiverse is just one of countless other ones, just as wonderous and horrifying as the last. Each one has its own story how it came to be and seperated from the other."

"Hm.." Vira trailed off. "What about the word omiverse?"

That actually annoyed Hiromi. "Who ever made that term should be hit with the nearest object. What I mean to say is, it implies literally everything ever, but that's not accurate. It cannot be accurate. To do so, ignores the fact such a Multiverse may have a entirely seperate creation origin then the other. It may also ignore for all we know technically being fictional characters in a story and they would never know it." Somewhere someone sneezed.

"..How do you know these things?" Vira asked. "I mean, its not a stretch since we have different realms like Alister's and such but it sounds like you've traveled a lot."

Hiromi didn't answer at first, she turned back around. "Let's just say I've been around and have seen things. You should check in your sister."

The Nosferartu looked as if she'd say something, but decided to leave it be and left Hiromi alone to her thoughts.

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Path's Not Taken Empty Re: Path's Not Taken

Post by Namey Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:06 pm

Jennifer comes walking over and takes a seat next to Hiromi, her wings were 'folded' away "Hey there." she says "Forgive me for intruding on your thoughts and for eavesdropping, but I couldn't help over hear your conversation." she apologizes "You know I have respect for you and your skill and power, right? But I was thinking, maybe it would be best to let us train miss Nakeen." she suggests "Since she'll be at Elysium soon and both of us will have to remain here with mister Goldsmith." she explains. Not too far off, Bart and Simon were sparing with each other, using their energy blades for duels.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:36 pm

Hiromi turned to her friend before looking back towards the waterfall and in the general direction of where the two Mystics were sparing. She was impressed what she saw so far, but she hadn't been observing long enough to see who was the most skilled but she'd have to spar against them or Jennifer one day when she was in the mood.

"I don't mind." She said. "It's as you said, she'll be leaving relatively soon once Alister gets what he needs to done in order. I wish there was another Nosferartu who was actually a warrior to teach her the other things of her race but everyone has to start somewhere. Not everyone is fourtnate enough to have a teacher that knows what they're doing of the same race, if they have special natural gifts of their own."

"I would like to visit your world myself one day, when I get the chance, however. I know Espen has been wanting to for a long time." Hiromi sighed. "I wish I could show you and Espen something of my people but..we really don't have much of anything left. It's our own fault in a way I suppose but it didn't help were never hugely numerous at even the best of times."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:27 pm

Jennifer nods "I would be lying if I said I understood. All my life, until lately, I've been surrounded by my own kind and while the strength and technique may very, the basics of training have always been the same." she says as she watches the two guards spar.

"I think you would like it on Elysium. Some of our temples are very relaxing for the soul." she says. It was clear that Simon was the better of the two guards.

"I think it would be best to teach miss Nakeen some self-defense, rather then teaching her to fight. Because once you start down that path, there will be no end and fighting will be the only life one will ever know..." she mumbles "However, that's just my opinion." the senior guard was now teaching the junior guard some advanced sword techniques.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:43 pm

Hiromi shrugged ever so slightly. "It depends on what you mean by self defense vs learning to fight. Vira already knows some basic self defense. If you mean learning to fight as in making a life time career out of it, I think its safe to say that'll be at the bottom of her list of things to do. If I really wanted, I could go retire in some moutain village or somewhere secluded but I don't have any desire to do so just yet. I wouldn't mind having a family one day though."

Vira and Kylie came walking back. "Sorry for bothering you but Kylie wanted to visit you for a moment."

"Is that right?" Hiromi smiled.

"Mhm!" Kylie nodded. "But if its okay if I sit there?"

"Silly question. Of course it is." Hiromi gently helped her up she was on the bench, the curse of being so short. Kylie was content just sitting there, kicking her feet slightly on the edge but she would look at Hiromi's ears from time to time.

After a moment, the woman chuckled. "You're very easy to read Kylie."

"Read? But there's no books around.."

"..Figure of expression Kylie." Hiromi said amused as the girl's mouth opened to a small 'O' in understanding. "Same rules as last time."

'Same rules as last time' seemed to do the trick and Kylie went behind Hiromi to mess with her hair, or rather comb it and sometimes the ears. Kylie was one of the very few people to get away it. Hiromi was slightly embarrassed about the ear thing, judging by the faint flush of her cheeks but otherwise happy.

Kylie paused in mid comb, as if realizing something. She turned to Jennifer. "Ah! I'm sorry! I' didn't intro..intro.." She frowned as she fumbled over the words. "Introduce myself. My name is Kylie. What's your name?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:31 pm

Jennifer was about to speak her mind to her friend, but was distracted by Vira and Kylie. The Mystic warrior nods slightly "My name is Jennifer." she says "I'm pleased to meet you, Kylie." she says to the little one.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:05 pm

Kylie smiled, she was happy about that. "Jennifer? That's a pretty name too. Do you have any sisters?" Hiromi had her eyes closed while Vira was relaxing, occassionally watching the sparring match on account of not having anything else to do at the moment.

She'd let Kylie talk a bit more then gently usher her away, simply because it seemed like Hiromi and Jennifer were talking, and two she needed some rest anyway.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:52 pm

Jennifer nods "I have a younger sister, yes." she says with a hint of pride in her tone "Because my people live so long, it's rare to have a siblings." she explains, then wonders if she may have gone over Kylie's head with it.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:15 am

Kylie got the gist of what the woman was saying, but not entirely. "Hm..." The little girl seemed to be in deeper thought more then needed. "I think I get it. At school, one of my friends said her little brother was a happy accident. I dunno you could get babies by accident."

"Sometimes, yes. I was."

After a moment, Vira ushered Kylie along and the little girl waved bye before following after her older sister back on inside.

"Anyway, before I got distracted I was wondering a bit more about your home. For example, are wing types something genetically passed down or is it random? And has it ever caused issues in your people's past similar to how humans have over something as silly as skin color?" Hiromi asked.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:09 pm

Jennifer nods slightly "Yes. Wing types are a genetic trait. Much like our eye and hair color. It's just who has the stronger genetics that the child takes after." she says off handedly "Different wing types have never caused a problem with my people." she says almost absently

"Though, there Are some of my people who have a Very rare wing type. Their wings looks similar to butterfly or luna moth wings." she explains "Those Mystics are said to be about ten times stronger then the average Mystic and they have a natural aptitude for learning to use different skills." she says, shaking her head slightly "I guess the Mighty Galford had his favorites as well." she says with a light chuckle.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:52 pm

"Hm..I can't say my people have anything of that sort. The closes thing is, some of my race is born with extradorinary high power for their age. Or was the case." Hiromi mumbled. "You see, my race actually was a lot more powerful in the far past then in the present. On top of that, the 'old guard' or what's very little left of it myself included lost a lot of power as well. It's a bit troubling, I don't believe in just concidences considering along with that we're even smaller in number then before. It feels too much like something was behind the scenes, but we'l never likely know so use in dwelling on it."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:58 pm

Jennifer was silent, thinking about something "You know, that almost sounds like a type of atrophied." she says slowly "Hundreds of years ago, this world was a very violent one to races other then Human and so your people Had to be strong to survive, but as the centuries passed and the world became less violent, your people, as a race, started to lose what was once so vital to it's survival, because it no longer had need for it." she explains with a shrug "Well, that's just a theory, anyway." she mumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:29 am

"It could be, it would make sense to a degree. There also used to be many..things that walked this earth that were not native and since they aren't here anymore that could be another reason. Though I've found it funny that I noticed a pattern.." Hiromi crossed her arms. "It does seem to me the 'bad' peoples or villians if one prefers the term usually have a overwhelming edge of some kind. Whenever it seems we have our own 'ace in the hole' something happens to take it away. For example, my kind if not so low in number and weaker could have been a strong edge on our side, but that's taken away. It's not to say we're push overs and I'm sure a invidual Could get strong like that again but it would of course take a while but you get my point."

"Then, the other example, Amadeus and the Outcast. According to Alister they have been a pain and one of the reasons your world isn't open to the public. I get the impression your people are a good honorable lot mostly from you and the few others I've met. So that means though you outnumber them I'm guessing, the Outcast make up for it in power. Amadeus is just the prime example of it. Maybe its because people like those are so obessed with power they become that strong but the cost isn't worth it."

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:10 pm

Jennifer hisses at Amadeus's name "That monster is the worst example of my kind." she hisses, then shakes her head "No, the only problems we have with the Outcast, are their sheer numbers and that they're Very good at hiding from the patrols we send after them." she points out.

"But that's where the dangers start. Until Amadeus showed up, they were scattered and were little more then scavengers. Now, however, they've become more organized and have gone from scavengers, to bandits." she mumbles "Under Amadeus's 'guidance', they have become a real threat to the safety to the people and anyone who should travel to Elysium." she sighs.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:10 pm

"If I was back in my prime and wasn't guarding Espen, I'd help you deal that outcast problem of yours."
Hiromi snorted. "I say 'back in my prime' like I'm some old woman."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:18 pm

Jennifer chuckles lightly "I suppose age, for use, is relative. When compared to you, I'm probably the old woman." she says, trying to lighten the mood "I thank you for wanting to help, but this is a problem that's been going on for sometime and only something very drastic will change anything." she mumbles.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:32 pm

"By my race standards, I'm actually rather young. The comment was more for the seemingly random mass loss of power I once had. New generations make sense but not those that came before."
Hiromi shook her head. "But what's done is done so use dwelling on it. I think I'm going to go into my room to rest for a bit. Espen is probably in his office."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:41 pm

Jennifer nods "Rest well, my friend." she says to the Dog Demon as she gets up and heads over to the two guards. As an Elite guard, she could show the Palace Guard and even the Royal Guard, a few tricks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:00 pm

Espen just got through finished with a few things in his office but he hadn't left just yet. He was concerned with a few things, but much of it was out of his hands so he tried not to worry about it at the moment.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:26 pm

Jennifer was engaging in a two-on-one mock battle with the two guards. Trying to teach them some of the lessons she learned as an Elite Guard. Both had their strong and weak points. Simon was physically stronger, but stuck to the tried and true methods of battle. Bartholomew was quicker and had a more variety of moves at his disposal, but lacked the strength, both power and physical wise, to be a Real threat to his peers.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:21 pm

Espen finished what he was doing and headed to check on the others; Vira's family was in their own room and Hiromi was asleep so he left her alone. He would go check in on Jennifer, and after that head to bed before he stressed himself out from things.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:39 pm

The night had come and gone, like it always does and the Mystics were still up, still training. They started out doing some air combat drills, but those quickly turned into a one-on-one race.

Bartholomew was the one to beat. Because of his smaller size, he was quicker then both Simon and Jennifer. He even came up with an idea of an obstacle course. Pointing out that there were some tall buildings in this world and combat flying through them could be hazardous if they weren't careful.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:36 pm

Espen didn't wake up before Hiromi of course, but he was one of the first one's out and about with the Mystics this time around. It seemed like Jennifer and the others were doing something, but he wasn't entirely sure as they were setting it up.

"What are you up to?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:15 pm

Jennifer lands, followed by the two guards "Forgive our being a bit loud." she says "We were just doing some urban combat flying maneuvers." she says, then looks to the trees "Though, it would probably help if we had Actual building to fly about, instead of a forest." she says with a sigh.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:09 pm

Espen shook his head. "Don't be. I'm not a warrior myself but I understand how important it is to keep up your skills. I wish I could help..but this area isn't that suited for it. Maybe when we visit the nearby town not as big as the cities but its something at least."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum