Burn Out

2 posters

Go down

Burn Out Empty Burn Out

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:04 pm

When he was younger, Espen was something of a idealist but time and experience had greatly tempered that view. If you asked him at present, he'd say he was a cautionary optimist but there were at times he felt like he was a hamster on a wheel and he wondered how much of a difference he was actually making in the grand scheme of things.

He loved his job, but there were times he felt isolated and alone. It was the strangest thing and before he got to this position he didn't understand but now he did, even if he couldn't quite put it into words. It was a heavy burden to deal with and if he had children he wouldn't encourage them to go into it.

The main candidate for taking his place if something were to happen to him or he decided to retire in a few years was his friend Relena. Some others had been thought about but ultimately it was something that came back to them; though if he did retire to Noreal or something he'd give Rosa the choice if she wanted to stay with them or return home.

Relena was right about one thing, he needed a vacation for his mental health for stress relief. Question was where.

Espen put his laptop away, as he had been working on things to help the victims of Cedrick who had been brought back to life to get back on their feet when it was possible. He as at home in his room at the moment so he could relax somewhat. He should be winding down soon for bed anyway
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Burn Out Empty Re: Burn Out

Post by Namey Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:49 am

Rosa knocks on his door before heading on in with a tray of food and something to drink "Excuse me, sir. But it's dinner time and since you skipped lunch, again, you must be quite hungry." she says as she walks on over and sets the tray down.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:57 am

Espen was grateful from the distraction of his inner world at the moment and gave her a warm smile. "Thank you Rosa. I really appreciate what you do around here. I apologize for being more quite as of late, been a lot on my mind. How have you been today?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:08 pm

Rosa shrugs slightly "My people are still getting grief for seemingly abandoning Earth in it's darkest hour, but I'm positive that Lord Arch Bishop can smooth things out." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:19 pm

"It is unfortunate but it was far out of Alister's hands." The Mystics were getting grief but he was sure that would change later on.

"I have been thinking a bit. If I retired years later either somewhere here or Noreal, would you want to stay with me or go back home?" A few years was a short time for his kind, much less a Mystic. He was mainly asking because it may be some point he might not need a regular bodyguard anymore but he wouldn't mind the company.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:26 pm

Rosa thinks for a bit "I believe that decision is up to the Arch Bishop." she says "But if it were my choice, I believe I would like to return home. As interesting as Earth is, it lacks something that Elysium has." she says, thinking.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:42 pm

Espen expected as much so he wasn't too surprised by the news from the young woman. He did wonder how Jennifer was doing these days since he hadn't seen them since last time. He always suspected there was something there between them, but like him she probably more or less moved on by now. Waiting too long was always going to be one of his regrets in his relatively(to his kinds) short life.

"We'll worry about that bridge when and if we get to it. In the mean time, I am thinking of going on vacation but at the moment I'm not sure where to go. Do you have a preference you'd want to go? Somewhere on earth, or maybe your home?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:51 pm

Rosa shakes her head "Where ever you decide to go it good enough for me." she says with a smile. Rosa, unlike Jennifer, was treating this assignment like a job, and wasn't getting too close to Espen, like Jennifer had, because Rosa understands that thos assignment will come to an end at some point.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:02 pm

Espen had noticed Rosa seemed to be trying not to get emotionally attached, but he didn't say anything or fault them for it. Maybe if he had, he wouldn't still brood even now from time to time over Jennifer after being with them so long. "Elysium it is. It's been a while since I paid it a visit and I rather like it there. It be a nice vacation spot. We could head there tomorrow morning."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:06 pm

Rosa thinks for a bit "There are some islands that are pretty popular tourist spots, even among my kind." she says "I haven't been there personally, but they might be worth checking out." she suggests.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:13 pm

Espen paused slightly. "What islands would you be talking about?" He wouldn't mind too much either way.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:14 pm

Rosa shrugs "They're called the Spring Islands, supposedly it's spring there all the time, not sure how they managed that, but it pulls a lot of people in a year." she says "Though, like I said, I've never been there personally."
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:20 pm

He personally liked the idea and if nothing else it should be a interesting experience."I think I would like to go there to visit when we go to your home. It should be a experience for the both of us."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:30 pm

Rosa nods "As you wish. I shall make reservations for you before we set off." she aays as she pulls out a small note pad and scribbles something down "I shall return within the hour." she says as she curtseys "Until then." she says before heading out.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:41 pm

Espen watched them leave before deciding to watch some T.V in the mean time while Rosa was away at the moment. He hadn't heard anything from Vira's circle in a bit either, though to be fair she was on tour with her band and family from what he recalled.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:41 pm

About an hour later, Rosa comes back, like she said she would to collect his dishes "I have taken the liberty of drawing a bath for you, should you wish to take one now." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:49 pm

"Thank you Rosa I appreciate it."
He decided a nice long bath was what he needed before he headed to bed for tomorrow since he was looking forward to it. For as long as he could remember, this had always been one of the eaiest ways for him to get some sleep if he was feeling axnious or anything.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:19 pm

Rosa does her usual nightly duties before she heads to her room for the night. Once there, she makes a call to the Mystic Embassy and takes care of their reservations. Then is was time for a shower, something they didn't have on Elysium, and to bed. But first, she needed to brush her wings.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:33 pm

Espen woke up relatively early, having gotten his few things packed before they made this trip. He had been there many times so he honestly didn't need to bring all that much with him as far as going on vacation went anyway.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:39 pm

Considering Espen had his own house, he would have everything he would need when visiting Elysium, so it made sense to pack light.

Rosa didn't have any bags on her as she was waiting for Espen in his study, her light blue feathered wings were out and ready for teleporting "Are we all set amd ready, sir?" she asks with a smile.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:44 pm

Espen nodded a bit. "I am when you are, I have everything else taken care of."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:47 pm

Rosa nods as she takes Espen's bag and moves in close. The draw back to Mystic teleportationn one needs to be close to tag along "And we are off." she says as she foldsbher wings around the two of them and in typical Mystic fashion, the two disappear.

((I suppose they're out.))
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum