Less Then Nothing

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Less Then Nothing Empty Less Then Nothing

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:33 pm

Alissa had only been here for was probably about five days, she wasn't entirely sure since her mind and thoughts were in a fog. Everyday was taken just one at an time and she didn't think about the other details except for what was in front of her. Thinking too much brought her back to what happened to her home and it was something she wanted to avoid at all cost.

She didn't know why they had been attacked, where they came from or if her mother was alive. She had likely perished during the invasion and slaughter, it couldn't have really been considered an war. Though, she wasn't naive not to know what may occur  for those taken, so as much as it pained her to think about, it may have been more merciful she did perish that day.

Even this  large space station was far more advanced then anything she was used to, and while she would of normally loved the idea of exploring it there were a number of things impeding on her enjoyment. Besides the obvious lost of her home and loved ones, she was all alone minus her baby sister. She lacked the knowledge she would need and had to rely more on common sense to get through.

She had currency, credits but it was limited. Staying at a hotel would eat up said funds so instead the two of them ended up staying in one of the abandoned buildings. Thankfully no one harassed them but she didn't naturally entirely feel safe with no a abandoned building but else could she do? Her sister needed some kind of shelter along with her being sick.

At home, the doctors hadn't asked for money to help but here was different. It had been such a nice and peaceful place then this..

Her breath hitched and closed her eyes as she composed herself. Not now.

An small girl laid curled asleep against the older woman, looking more human then Alissa save for the sharp pointed ears signaling their Eldarian heritage.  Alissa didn't know much about their people besides what little her parents spoke about. She hadn't ever met another member of her sister's kind back at home. It didn't matter either way, Pyria would always be her baby sister,

With a weary sigh, she shifted on the worn out couch, covering the blanket she bought for them both.

Pyria woke up slowly the next day.

Her sister was still asleep and not wanting to wake them up, she removed herself quitely from their grasp as she began looking around for various things. Everyone cooped with loss differently and for the young Eldarian her mind had simply shut it out and refused. Daddy was still alive, mommy was fine somewhere and everything was going to be okay.

It was just something that repeated in her young mind, and whether she believed it or not deep down it served its purpose of getting through the day.

She wanted to go back home. The people were mean here or kept to themselves, it wasn't the warm atmosphere she had grown up to them. If she was older and more mature she could of went to as to 'why' such an environment would make such individuals but that wasn't the here or there. Being an Eldarian meant she was smarter then normal, but in the end of the day she was just a six year old girl with limited life experience.

Not finding whatever it was she was looking for Pyria went to wake u Alissa, placing a hand on their shoulder. "Wake up."

Alissa didn't budge from her spot at all despite her efforts and soon a rising tide of panic welled within her. "No, wake up please! Don't leave me too!" She didn't know what else to do she began to sob.

A moment later, a gentle hand went to ruffle her hair as Alissa stirred, looking tired but she was up. "Hey..it's okay..I'm just not feeling well..must have caught something.. Just..give me a minute..need to sleep.." Her voice was softer then normal which had nothing to do with recently waking up.

The older woman closed her eyes again and Pyria exmained them closer, relieved the rise and fall of their chest meant they were okay. It might of been of over reaction, but an more understandbale one in recent events. Alissa was very sick though, that much she knew.

Pyria touched her forehead and was surprised how hot her forehead was. It meant she was sick, probably very sick with how she was acting. That meant whatever she had was something that was recently catching up with her? Maybe.

Mommy got those green herbs for things like this, but they didn't grow here. In fact, the only vegetation of any kind she remembered seeing was small tree's and such. While she didn't know much of anything about this place, she doubted she'd find said herbs anywhere here.

So without that out of the question, she'd have to find an doctor. Alissa would be very mad at her for going out on her own, but she had to do it she felt. It was scary out there but to help, she'd do it.

Sparing one last glance at her sleeping sister as if cementing the fact she was still around, she headed to the door, but found a few things in the way. A part of a couch and a small night stand stood in the way as a make shift blockade; Alissa did it every night for their protection just in case in the old building.

But how was she to get through? She wasn't strong as an adult, but she needed to get through. Her mind was racing trying to find anyway she could possibly get out. Judging by how things were lodged together, she could of possibly slipped through the cracks with her small form but she could do nothing about the couch.

Deciding to dismiss that avenue of helping her sister, she began to look around for something, anything she could use. Pyria's gaze fell on a small crack in the corner, it wasn't big enough for anything to get through but maybe she could?

Deciding to give it a chance, she crouched won and began to crawl, getting her clothes more dirty then what they were at the given time. It was an tight fit but she managed somehow, with a lot of effort, panting and scrape knee's on her part. The pain was distacting, but she had other, more important matters in her small mind.

Now that she was out, she had to be careful to avoid people. She didn't know them and some of them had been mean to her and Alissa so she did her best to remain invisible and be aware of her surroundings. She Had seen an clinic not to far from here, and that's where she headed.

It wasn't an long trek, thankfully and the place was open. There didn't seem to be anyone present, save for a man behind a glass screen. What was it called? An reception area? She didn't know, and she didn't care.

Pyria made a bee line, out of breath as she rushed. "Please help! My sister is sick!"

The man seem unbothered. "Hm..yes, yes I hear it everyday. Now is the sister the same as you and what are they sick with?"

"Um.." Pyria fumbled slightly. "Her forehead is really hot, and she's an Accordian." She was confused why they had asked that. "I have money?" She said, hesistantly, holding up her meager credits to the table, though since she was so short her head din't reach that way.

"An. We'll, I'm afraid that's not enough so I can't help you." The man said dismissively. "If you want to, the local vet is having free checks up and such. I'm sure they'll do fine with it."

An vet? But vets were for animals so why would they suggest that? .Something then clicked in Pyria and she glared up at them. "Hey! She's an person not an animal!" She said outraged.

"Uh-huh. We'll, I need to have a lunch break. Good luck with your trip small one. This is an business not a charity case." With some button underneath, blinds covered them from view. Pyria heard something mumbled of 'damned bleeding heart knife ears' before they had left.

Pyria was very upset, but there was nothing more she could do with this one so she left, rubbing her eyes and stubbornly refusing to cry. Alissa still needed her help.

"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Less Then Nothing Empty Re: Less Then Nothing

Post by Namey Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:47 am

Michelle had seen, and heard, that whole exchange and was completely outRaged by how that jackass had treated that poor girl! In fact, she had half a mind to go over there and open a can of 100% Pure Grade A+ Whoop-Ass on him!

After they jumped away from Vegeta to stop the command pod, they made it to Alus, which was still programed into the Event Horizon's nav computer, turned the pirate over to the authorities and were on their way. However, both her and Kate had gotten a bit lost and ended up at this Massive space station.

Michelle checks her anger and wanders over to the young girl, throwing a look of pure venom at the aforementioned Jackass "Hey there, sweetie..." she says "I'm a friend and couldn't help but over hear that you needed help." she says "My name's Michelle. What's your name?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:54 am

The young Eldarian girl was in a emotional slump, both because of what happened and the fact she was trying to think of what next to do. She had to find another doctor, but then if she didn't have the money would they even help?

Pyria was about to leave the area when an figue approached them, she hadn't ever seen them before until now. She really wasn't sure who to trust out here; since her parents or older sister weren't here the decision was entirely on her. That understandably was a lot on a young child.

She shifted nervously. "..Pyria.."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:57 am

Michelle pats the youngin on the shoulder "Good to meetcha!" she says with a big smile "So, what seems to be the problem? Why wouldn't that jacka.a.a...uh...jerk, want to help you?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:21 am

Pyria felt a bit more comfortable due to Michelle's more cheerful demeanor so she relaxed a bit. "My sister is sick, she can't move around too much right now..." She made a face at the last part. "She's an Accordian and he doesn't like them for some reason. They said I should go to an vet instead but she's a person."

She looked up at the young woman. "Do you know an doctor miss Michelle?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:47 pm

Michelle shakes her head "Nope! But I know I can help either way." she says "Lead the way and I'll see what I can do." she says.

She taps her earpiece "Katie, Something's come up and I'm going to a little late coming back, but not to worry, I'll get the supplies." she says to her friend.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:42 pm

'Something happened?' Came Kate's voice. "..Never mind, I'll be there soon."

The young girl seemed to perk up at that, heading to where she and her older sister were staying. It, thankfully, wasn't as big of a trek as it could have been. Finally they reached the ruined, old building they had been staying at.

Pyria paused for a moment, looking back at her new guest. "Um..My sister barged the door with things behind it. I can't open it that way. I came from that hole over there, maybe I could help from the other side?"

That was one thing in her haste and excitement she forgot about; how to get them in as her sister was out of it at the moment. She was of course unaware how strong Michelle was, with or without Ki.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Michelle could, of course, muscle the door open, but that Might look like an act of hostilities, and while Michelle was confident she could handle anything this place could throw at her, she wasn't 100% certain about that, as she had never heard of Accordian...you know, as a person and not a musical instrument.

She looks down to the young girl "Could you try talking her into opening the door, or do you think she's too sick to move the crap she's got blocking it?" she asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:30 pm

Pyria honestly wasn't too sure. Alissa had been very tired the last time she talked to them but maybe she was feeling a bit better? Enough to move around, at any rate.

She bit her lip, silent, then nodded slightly. "Maybe? I'll try." The young girl moved closer to the building, find her spot before crawling through once again. There was a minute of silence behind it afterwards, soon after things slowly being moved from behind the door.

It opened a bit after, revealing an tired Alissa. "..You can come in now.."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:42 pm

Micelle wanders in and takes a look around at their living conditions *Living like this, it's no wonder the poor girl got sick...* she thinks "I'm Michelle. I'm here to help get you better." she says.

She needed to lay the young woman down, because she looked like she was about to pass out as it was. It was a good thing she already had her wings out, because there was No way she could extend them in here.

She places her hands on Alissa's shoulders "I'm going to make ya better now." she says "You'll start to feel warm, but that's natural when it comes to my people." she explains.

Michelle's hands start to glow softly with yellow energy that seems to seep into Alissa's body and spread through out it. With in the span of half a minuet, Michelle was done. It was only a sickness, so it didn't take too long to heal Alissa "Okay! That should do it. I suggest you rest for a bit longer, before you get back up." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:07 pm

It was strange, the healing feeling but it wasn't unpleasant from what Alissa could feel. Even when the sickness was done, she still felt tired but at least for the moment she didn't feel as if she'd pass out at any given moment. "Thank you Michelle..I feel a lot better. At least I don't feel like I'm going to knock over at any moment."

Pyria instantly gave Alissa an hug which she returned. "Sorry for scaring you kiddo." She mumbled something, but it was hard to make out what it was. The young woman let it go and stood back up. "Thank you, I mean that. That was the nicest thing anyone has done for us since we got stranded in this strange place."

A knock was heard, followed by Kate's voice. "Anyone home?" She could just come in, but she was being polite and trying to make a decent first impression.

"Friend of yours?" Alissa asked them, they helped them without asking for anything so showing a bit of trust was the least she could do
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:36 pm

Michelle nods "Yeah. That's Kate. We came here together after we got slightly lost." she says "What did you mean when you said you were stranded?" she asks. This wasn't a place where people like them should be stranded.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:36 am

Alissa was hesitant, the whole ordeal was still fresh far as wounds went though given she would have died if not for Michelle's help this she felt was the least she could do.

The young woman sighed. "The planet we were on got attacked by a race that called themselves Quarskin. They decimated the native population to, to I guess set up shop for their own interest and the stragglers were shipped off to be slaves for more profit. I don't know if my mom is still alive, but our father died getting us out of a ship. We've been stuck here ever since.."

Kate frowned a bit at this, she never heard of this race. "This race that attacked you, it wasn't Acor was it? Also did this race use techology or something else?" She doubted it due to Alus and Eldar. They either have to be ignorant or stupid, or strong with a plan in that case.

Alissa shook her head. "No. It was a planet called Teonus. My parents moved there because the natives were friendly and didn't mind their looks, and it was the kind of environment they wanted to raise a family in. They used some kind of tech stuff, they don't really have powers of their own."

That changed some things, but as it was Kate couldn't in good concious just leave the two here. "We'll, allow me formally introduce myself. I'm Princess Kate of Vegeta and if you two want you can come with us. You'll be safer and have a place to stay."

Alissa's eyes widened in surprise. "Are..are you sure?"

Kate smiled and nodded. "I'm sure. Besides, me and Michelle can take care of ourselves." Unlike her friend she knew of their race and what they were capable of, Alissa wouldn't be a threat even without using Ki. Not that she felt she had to worry with that.

This got a pause from the older woman as she began to tear up, rubbing her eyes a bit. Alissa had been at her wits end mentally and emotionally at this point. If things hadn't turned like they did, no doubt things would have gotten worse; she'd probably have to sell her body just to make ends meet.

Pyria took it the wrong way and panicked. "Ah! Please don't cry! It's good news!"

This got a slight chuckle from Alissa as she shook her head. "No, no its fine. Sorry for worrying you, its just because I'm relieved. I'm not sad right now."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:58 pm

Michelle was only slightly annoyed that Kate had asked them to come along without even asking for her opinion *That's royalty for ya, I guess...* she thinks.

Though, as slightly annoyed at Kate as Michelle was, she was downright Pissed at the people who attacked Alissa's planet "You know, Katie, I think I would like to visit the planet Teonus." she says, nodding to herself.

If it was One thing she learned from Will, was to stand up to bullies, no matter who they were and especially if they were picking on people innocent people like Alissa's family.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:42 pm

Kate wasn't sure if rushing was a good idea, but she did agree something should be done about it. There was nothing that could be done for the people who had been killed and those shipped off, but perhaps they could at least prevent this group from hurting others.

Then she realized something. "Uh..excuse us for a sec.." She motioned for her friend to follow her. "I'm really sorry, I just realized in my rush to help I didn't ask you if you were okay with it."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:55 pm

Michelle chuckles lightly and smacks Kate on the back "Don't worry too much over it. I'm sure I'll get you back somehow, someday." she says with a wink, sticking her tongue out a bit "Now come on. Let's go kick some, uh..." she looks over to Pyria, then back to Kate "Some rear." she finishes up lamely.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:27 am

Alissa wasn't really sure what was going on, but something that confused her. "Are you two really going to fight them? This wasn't some small party but an whole army." It didn't sound like they were going to get help but do it themselves.

"I know it sounds crazy, but there are people strong enough to fight conventional armies by themselves." Alissa remained skeptical but left it be at Kate's words. "But even so, its best not to rush into things without the research first. Do you know where your planet is?"

Alissa shook her head. "No. It wasn't space farring on a big scale.."

"Hm. We'll have to find out." There was ways then, but even so Kate played things cautiously for two main reasons. Despite all their strength, her dad had hammered it home they weren't invincible there were beings as strong or stronger or even people weaker that could do you in because of a specific trick. He certainly had told enough horror stories of the place that shall be named when he was dimensional hopping.

Lastly, she was a princess and that meant she couldn't just do big things like that on her own. It sucked, but the reality of things since she was tied to things like that, sometimes her hands were tied depending on the situation.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:30 pm

Since Michelle Wasn't a princess, she didn't need to worry about diplomacy and could just kick the ass of whomever has it coming! "I know where your planet is." she says "I seen it when I was looking over the star charts." she says.

She heads towards the door "Come on, let's get out of this germ nest and back to our ship." she says as she motions for the others to follow.

"We have to get some supplies before we leave, but you both can stay on the ship until then." she suggests to Alissa and Pyria.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:47 pm

Kate was going to do some research on this race if she could, she didn't believe in going in half way against an unknown. She turned to Alissa. "Is there any natives left still on the planet?"

Alissa shook her head. "..No. What's left anyone got shipped off. I don't really know where." They were probably sucking the planet dry for its resources as they spoke. Even if they got it restored she wasn't sure if she'd want to return with those painful memories, her family and friends weren't even there so there was no point.

At the last part, she turned back to Kate who nodded. "Yeah, before you ask its fine. I'll take you to it so you can get adjusted."

Alissa was grateful for all this, she'd owed the two a lot.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:48 pm

Michelle was getting pumped up for the impending fight with an unknown force. She was confident that she could take them down.

Still, according to the star charts, her planet was a decent way from the space station. It would take them a few days, maybe even a week, to get there. She wished her dad was here to take them there faster.

She got the supplies they were looking for and headed back to the ship. While she got what they Needed, it wasn't what she Wanted. And it was time to fix that imbalance.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:19 pm

One slight concern Kate had was she wasn't sure the Vegeta's gravity would be good for Pyria's little lungs. Alissa's kind at least had enhanced strength so they should of been more sturdy to handle it to an extent, but Eldarians were just as physically fragile was a normal human, save able to handle things like heat and cold a bit better.

She'd cross that bridge when she got there, whatever the two decided to do she'd help them with what she could. Alissa seemed a bit fascinated by the inner workings of the ship, either just curious or had a natural interest in these sorts of things she couldn't tell.

When her friend came back, Kate greeted them. "Welcome back. You manage to get everything?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:18 pm

Luckily the gravity on the ship was Earth normal. They would deal with what happened next, after they got rid of the invaders on Alissa's planet.

Michelle nods "Yup. I picked up some clothes for our friends, seeing as they probably had nothing to wear since they left their home." she points out.

After requesting permission to disembark, and getting it, Michelle sets a course to Alissa's planet, warp five. That would give them some time to come up with a plan of attack, because even Michelle know it would be a bad idea to just go in guns a blazing.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:08 am

Kate smiled, that was good thinking on their part. "Good thinking. I was thinking the same thing." She turned towards the two. "The shower I'll show you then you can get something to eat. A lost of this is probably overwhelming I imagine but we'll help you through it."

"Uh, yeah.." Alissa admitted. "Thank you for taking us in but I noticed the ship is really big but haven't seen anyone else. Is it just you two?"

"For now it is." Kate said. "We actually just got through with a trip already and only came out here because something happened so that's why its just us."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:45 am

Michelle nods "We had some troubles and had to leave orbit in a hurry. In the ensuing battle afterwards, our navigation computer was damaged and neither of us knows how to fix it." she explains as she does a systems check "But fortunately, the ship has auto repair, so the navigations computer should be working within a day or so." she says.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:44 pm

Alissa Heard about this sort of thing, but until more recently she had never touched or been on a ship. Going among the stars was one of her dreams, just she wished it hadn't been in the matter it had turned out the way it had. It was like one of those stories where someone got a wish of what they wanted, but there was a twist at the end.

Pyria gently tugged her sister's pants leg. "Can we get something to eat?"

Alissa glanced at her then back at Kate. "Shower first. We both really need to get cleaned up. Could you show us where its at?"

"Yeah one second." Kate excused herself to take them back, besides she wanted to talk to Michelle about some stuff. She came back a minute or two later. "Okay. While our guest are getting cleaned up and we're on this trip, I'm going to do some research of what we might possibly be going into. This is the first time I even heard of this race Alissa mentioned."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum