Did You Get What You Wanted?

2 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Did You Get What You Wanted? - Page 6 Empty Re: Did You Get What You Wanted?

Post by Namey Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:26 pm

Alice was thinking "So, Buddy? Can you watch a video and tell if it's a fake or not?" she asks the hologram.

Buddy nods "Oh absolutely!" he says "No offence intended, but the level of technology of this dimension is almost laughable compared to Jack's home." he says.

Marcen sees something in the trees. At first he thought it was just a trick of the light, but his training told him otherwise "Gotcha!" he says as he suddenly jumps out of the boat, easily clearing half the distance of the lake and throwing four shuriken at the spot in the tree!

A figure jumps out of the tree, wearing some kind of cloak that was a type of adaptive camouflage that changed to his environment. However, when he was clear of the trees, his camo returned to normal and Marcen landed to confront his would-be Assassin!
Namey
Namey
Admin

https://thetrueuniverse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:36 pm

Emanulle continued to type things down, putting on some personal touches to the site, he wanted to make it look better then just some random site someone had tossed up. "Seems we're about done, I added a few things myself to it. Before I close off on it for now, is there anything else?"

Natomi didn't know what was going on, but she had No problem following after Macen to help him confront who ever it was if needed. Wouldn't be much of a team if you didn't have each other back.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:08 pm

Alice shakes her head "No. I'm not very good with computers, so I'm sure anything you think is good will be alright." she says in a mousey voice.

The assassin was a Zoanthrops, like Marcen, so that might explain how he was able to track them, but the ninja doubted it. It was more likely pure skill. The assassin looks over at Marcen "So, this is what a chakra ninja can do." he says with a Spanish accent "I must say, so far I am not too impressed." he taunts.

Marcen was too much of a professional to fall for the assassins taunting "So, I was your intended target this whole time." he says in a calm tone "Bad idea. You see, I'm not the only one you'll face." he says, nodding to Natomi.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:25 pm

Emanulle continued a bit longer and then signed off. "Done. At least for now. If we need to fine tune it or fix it we can always come back to it later." He got up from his chair. "So now that's out the way, what do you intend to do now?"

Natomi didn't know what to make of this, and asking 'why were you trying to kill Macen' wasn't a good idea. Despite being a ninja, truth be told she only fought when she had too as she didn't care for it much. "I guess it would be naive to ask you back down peacefully but I'll ask anyway."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:04 pm

Alice seemed surprised by Emanulle's question "O-oh. I was just going to head back to my room and do some, reading." she mumbles "Jack has been writing a book called 'My Life as a Super Hero!'. It's quite a fascinating life he's lived." she says.

The assassin chuckles "Tell you what, if you manage to beat me, I'll back off." he says as he draws a saber.

Marcen nods "Your proposal, is acceptable." he says as he starts to make a clone seal with his hand.

"Oh no, you don't!" the assassin says as he throws a small throwing knife at Marcen, breaking his hand seal by forcing Marcen to dodge it!

The chakra ninja lands next to Natomi "He obviously knows about my hand signs, which means he knows how jutsu works, meaning that his employer might be a ninja from a rival land." he says to his teammate "Think you can buy me a little time?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:15 pm

"My life as a super hero huh? It does sound a lot like Jack." Emanulle chuckled, shaking his head. "I was asking partly because everyone else is doing their own thing and Michru is sleep right now. That and I'm trying to get know my teamates a bit more. Besides Jack, that is since I've known him for a year. Anyway, since have something in mind I won't hold you up."

Natomi answered by forming a sword made of fire and taking a stance. "In that case, for now I'll be your opponent."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:31 pm

Alice excused herself and wandered back to her room. If one knew anything about her, they would know that her 'reading in her room' meant more brooding in the dark for her.

The assassin chuckles "I'm sorry, my dear, but I have no interest in you. At least not professionally." he says as he throws a white smoke pellet down, covering the area in a thick, white smoke. This made it harder to track the assassin.

"Gah! Dammit!" Marcen says as he tries for another hand sign, but was, once more, interrupted!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:43 pm

Emanulle didn't know that, at least not yet since he barely knew Alice so far but after she left he decided to head to his own room. If he Had known about it though, he would have tried to gently usher her to spend some time doing other things since that wasn't healthy to stay in a room brooding.

Still before she left he decided one more try of something. "I was thinking of running that holodeck to simulate certain parts of my home for memories sake. You sure you don't want to join? You might enjoy it."

Natomi cursed as she covered her eyes for a moment but then had a idea as she concentrated on movement to get a better idea of where everyone was. Noise was the best indicator of where they might be.

Of course it made it about impossible since while she knew someone was there she couldn't 100 percent say who it was until the smoke died down a bit. So instead she went upwards, going in the air a bit to see if she could find them faster that way; as the smoke died down she'd be able to find them quicker and easier.

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:59 pm

Alice was, once again, surprised by Emanulle question "Oh, no thank you." she says politely "I really prefer to read. A good book can take you anywhere, even places you can't imagine." she says with a weak smile "But I appreciate the offer." she says.

The smoke wasn't dying down as fast as one would think, but Marcen decided to use it to his advantage as he closes his eyes and throws a flash pellet down! The combination of the thick white smoke and the flash pellet made the area inside the cloud truly blinding!

"GAAHHH!" the assassin yells in pain as Marcen's plan worked! He quickly makes the clone hand sign SHADOW CLONE JUTSU!! he yells as four clones of him appear "Alright guys, let's take it to this assassin!" he says to his clones!
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:13 pm

He did try, but he wouldn't push it anymore. Emanulle nodded a bit slowly to what she said. "I know what you mean. I've always been a pretty big reader when I was growing up to now. In a way, corny as it may sound they were my first friends and teachers in a way back then."

Once more, Natomi cursed. The fight had just gotten That much more complicated and with the blinding smoke she couldn't get Any vantage point. At least not without hurting Macen in the process potentially on accident and the clones made the mix up worse.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:21 pm

Alice nods "Someone compared books to the real life variation of the TARDIS from those Doctor Who shows. Saying the content inside a book is far greater then it's size and it can take you to places and times you've never imagined." she says.

One of the Marcens makes a hand sigh "WIND STYLE: GALEFORCE JUTSU!!" he yells as a Massive gust of wind blows the smoke away, revealing four other Marcens surrounding the assassin, who was rubbing an eye, still ready to fight.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:40 pm

"There seems to be truth to that, at least from my experience. But what's this Doctor Who about you mentioned? I've never heard of it..then again I haven't heard of a lot of things here on this planet just yet.
" He mused.

Natomi took her chance and hurled a fireball at the assassin but instead of being At him it went over him before splitting apart to make a small cage around them, putting a bit of creative liberty in her Fire Melee. You made the general shape of a shield, took a few extra's and you could have a cage as well.

Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:10 pm

Alice shakes her head "I honestly can't say. I've heard of the character the show's named for, but I don't know anything about it." she admits. Then she bows slightly "Well, I hope you enjoy your time in the holodeck. I'll see you at dinner time." she says, then mouseys off to her room.

The assassin, was still rubbing his eyes as he drops his sword "I surrender." he says "I may also need to rethink my earlier comment about not being impressed by chakra ninja." he says "That was quite the clever move there. Using my own smoke screen against me." he says, complimenting Marcen.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:15 pm

"Later. If you ever want to talk or just hang out you'll be able to find me."

Emanulle decided to hold off the holodeck at least for now and head to his room after Alice left. It hadn't exactly gone as he had wanted but at least it was a start to things.

Natomi released the fire trap but kept up her guard just in case it was a trap to put them into a false sense of security.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:37 pm

The assassin drops to a knee "As I said, I will back off if you managed to bead me and you have." he says "I am at your mercy." he states.

Marcen pulls out some eye drops and tosses them to the assassin "Here. These will help your eyes." he says "Now that we've defeated you, it's time to answer some questions." he says.

The assassin nods "As, so I am to be interrogated? Allow me to save you the trouble. My name is Samuel Hayden. I come from a brotherhood of highly trained assassins who were hired by some ninja lord in a hidden village to assassinate you." he explains "At this, sadly, I have failed. So now I await your decision about how you plan on dealing with me." he says.

Marcen frowns "Why are you telling me all this?" he asks.

Samuel chuckles "I was not paid to be silent. In fact, I was not paid at all." he sighs "Oh well. Such is life. And speaking of which, I would like to keep mine a bit longer. So tell you what, if you let me live, I will vow to serve you until my services are no longer needed or until I repay my debt to you." he offers.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:00 am

Natomi turned from him to Macen. "..What do you think? I really don't feel right just ending them like this. It feels wrong, but I'm not too sure about just letting them go either." She wasn't too sure about letting them on, for one they had no idea if he was telling the truth. And two, it could just be a trap to get to Macen when his guard was down. He could help a lot potentially if he was sincere though.

Still she wouldn't have been able to sleep comfortably if the man was killed like this, but should they just let them go? There was no way to tell if he was lying or not. It had been said multiple times Natomi was too soft and kind for the ninja life. That was both true and false argubaly at the same time. She could kill if needed, but she was very reluctant to. Doing that to people and mindless beast were completely different; the later which she was mainy trained to fight against. People? Not as much.

The greatest irony, a elder once said was though they protected people from monsters, often times the greatest and dangerous ones were monsters underneath's peoples skin.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:19 pm

Marcen looks over to Natomi and could tell she seemed a bit at war with herself over this. So he decided to put her mind to rest "We're Super Heroes, not Hunters. We don't take it upon ourselves to decide a persons fate." he says.

Then looks to Samuel "If we were to let you go or even accept your offer, what's to stop you from finishing the job later?" he asks.

Samuel chuckles "Here's the thing, since I had failed to kill you, my life is forfit. The thing is, I like living and you two seem like the kind of people who would give my former employees pause for thought." he says.

Marcen nods slightly "That makes sense, in a way. If we let you join, can we expect the same kind of loyalty?" he asks.

Samuel shrugs "Only if you expect me to give my life for failing. In that case, I don't come highly recommended. It's not a character flaw, is it?" he asks.

Marcen looks over to Natomi "So, what do you think?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:46 pm

Natomi was a bit relieved. She already knew they would only kill if they absolutely had to but a verbal confirmination made her feel more at ease.

"I guess that's what makes us different.." She said more to herself then after a bit of thought came to a decision. "I think we can give him a chance, assuming the others are okay with it. Jack in particular."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:54 pm

Marcen nods and taps the com on the back of his hand "Jack." he says into it and it chirps back.

"This is Jack. What's up Marcen?" he asks.

"Natomi and I have encountered a situation and we would like you here." he says.

It was quiet for a bit on the other side "Anything serious?" Jack asks.

"No. But we would still like you here." the Zoanthrope says.

"Okay, I'll be there in a bit." Jack says, then the line goes silent.

About three or so minuets later, Jack comes flying on down "Oh dear. That's one serious looking guy." Samuel says.

Jack lands and looks from Natomi to Marcen, then down to Samuel "Okay. So, what's going on?" he asks.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:58 pm

Natomi turned to Jack when he arrived, she wasn't surprised at Samuel's comment. Jack had the build of a live action hero from a movie come to life; it was almost a running gag in the group at this point.

"We'll.." Natomi then explained to Jack what had happened and to this point. "..And so we wanted to check in with you."
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:39 pm

Jack nods "And do you think we can trust him?" he asks Marcen.

Marcen nods slowly "According to him, as long as we don't betray him, he'll be true to his word." he says "We can start him on a probationary position for a time and see what happens from there." he suggests.

Samuel nods "Yes, probation. I would gladly..." he trails off as Jack gets close into Samuel's personal space and Glares at him! As if looking into his very Soul "I-I, uh, That's a, uh, marvelously intimidating glare you have there, sir." he says with a sheepish smile.

Jack moves back nodding "Okay. We'll trust you. But you have to pass a probationary period. In which case you'll be monitored almost constantly and if you pass, we'll let you join." he says, holding out his hand "Deal?" he asks.

Samuel smiles and takes Jack's hand "Deal!" he says "I promise that you won't regret this decisiii!" he says, trailing off in a squeak of pain as Jack squeezes his hand.

"We had better not. Consider this only a small taste of what'll happen if you turn on us." he says, letting go of Samuel's hand "Shoot straight and we'll play nice." he says, nodding to the others "I'll see you three back at the base whenever you get back." he says, then takes off.

Samuel shakes his hand "Wow. Remind me not to ever arm wrestle him." he chuckles weakly.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:04 pm

"I've never seen Jack act like that, then again I guess it makes sense considering. And yeah, Jack is physically the strongest in our little group, the second one doesn't look the part at all. unlike Jack."
Natomi watched Jack go then turned back Macen. "So are we going to head back right away or..?"
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:09 pm

Marcen shakes his head "No. I'm not. I still have some patrolling to do." he says as he sticks his hands back into his pockets and starts off, as if nothing happened.

Still, he was surprised that no one was coming to investigate the commotion in the park. No cops, no Hunters. No one. In fact, for Tokyo, there was, oddly, no one around. This sent up all Kinds of red flags in Marcen's mind.

He looks around "Natomi, there's something going on here." he says in a low tone.

Samuel also took notice on the lack of attention they had gotten from their little scuffle.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sion Reaver Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:12 pm

Of course it had to be right when Jack left, just like in the movies she guessed. She was looking around for anything out of the ordinary, senses alert. This whole thing was pretty odd overall.
Sion Reaver
Sion Reaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Namey Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:28 pm

As it turned out, Jack had Also noticed and came flying back "Hey guy. Is something about this current situation seem off to you?" he asks as he comes landing and taking note of the looks on his teammate's faces "Oh. I guess you had noticed." he says.

Marcen nods "I'm sensing people, but I can't see them. Maybe a genjutsu?" he asks himself, making the sign of the Ram "RELEASE!!" he says as a sudden aura of almost invisible chakra pulses from his body "Nothing. So it's either not genjutsu or it's stronger then I have the ability to break." he says.

Jack points a hand and suddenly a burst of white hot plasma fires from his hand and slams into something invisible, causing, what looked like, cracks to form.

Marcen nods slowly "Ah...I see now. From the looks of it, it seems to be a chakra barrier of some kind. A strong one from what I can see." he says.

Samuel looks at where Jack had fired, then back to Jack "Was that a hidden weapon of some kind?" he asks "And if possible, can you use it more then once in a row?" he asks.

Jack moves closer to Natomi "Oh yeah." he says as he levels both hands at the barrier "We don't know if this will reform. So once I take it down, you three get out. Don't worry about me." he says as he gives it both barrels!

The barrier shatters under the combined might of twin plasma blasts and Marcen was gone! He had taken off in a blur, followed by Samuel, though he wasn't nearly as fast as Marcen and Natomi.
Namey
Namey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next